Chapter 110
13.2k 10 214
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

{Celeste has become your slave.}

{Name: Celeste

Class: Elemental

Job: Adept Wind Magician (Slave) (LVL 10)

Unlocked Jobs: Enchanter (LVL 2), Tinker (LVL 3), Novice Magician (LVL 50), Apprentice Magician (LVL 25)

Race: House Fairy}

I had to whistle as that information popped up in front of me. Celeste was many levels higher than any of us. Although there wasn’t a ton of difference between each level of Magician, they showed her evolution as a character. She was now an Adept Wind Magician, which explained her brutal wind attacks.

I recalled hearing that adept was the state they differentiated into a type of magic. Only truly great wizards were capable of learning them all and being Full Adepts. I suspected that the way to do this was to not switch to Wind Magician. Even though it was a stronger job, you needed to keep leveling apprentice up. You would then unlock all the of the other magic, and only at level 50 would you have the full adept. Well, that was my theory.

I also noticed that she had Novice Magician and Miki had Basic. Perhaps that had to do with training. Without training, you’d be a basic, moderate, or master magician. With training, it’s a novice, apprentice, adept, and so on. We just managed to retake the library. I was planning on visiting it sometime this week to look at such things.

“Are you ignoring me!” The girl finally yelled, her face still very red.

“I really do want to leave this place.” I sighed. “I took you as my slave because you were going to attack me. However, if you help me leave, I’ll free you as my slave.”

The fairy flew up to me and then stuck out her tongue. “Who says I’d help you! You can’t just take me from the great Lord Karr! I won’t have it! I’ll definitely see you dead!”

I sighed. I really didn’t want to do this, but this slave was being really annoying and not at all reasonable. I didn’t think she was a bad person. She had chosen to help me when she didn’t know who I was. However, she also had some holes in her memory from being enslaved to a cursed dungeon for 20 years, and her isolation had done some things to her mind. Suddenly, I found myself glad I had the Slave Master job.

“Slave Order!” I declared, holding my hand out to the fairy. “Help me get out of this dungeon and protect my life!”

“I won’t! Ahhhhhh!” She fell to the ground as the slave insignia began glowing, far smaller than it had been on her full-bodied person.

“Celeste!” I cried out, falling to the ground as she writhed on the floor. “Just obey!”

“I w-won’t!” She said tearfully, the symbol on her chest growing even brighter.

“Please… don’t keep hurting yourself,” I said, starting to cry.

“Karr is my only…  I love… ahhhhh…. No…. ahhhh…” She was still writhing on the ground.

“Stop! Please, is killing me really that important to you?”

“No…” She cried. “I won’t… serve… anyone… but… him…”

Make a slave do whatever you want my ass! This was simply torture!

“Stop Slave Order!” I finally said, nearly choking.

The emblem finally stopped glowing. The girl collapsed on the ground. A moment later she smiled, and then passed out, flopping on the ground with a light thud. My heart was beating so fast I could hear it in my ears. I was breathing hard and sweating too.

I pulled out my storage ring and looked inside. There they were, just as Figuro had promised. It was a slave removal dye. He gave me a pack of ten, even though I only had two slaves to free. I pulled it out and then put a drop on the fairy’s chest. Her light grew brighter and brighter and then it suddenly shattered.

In an instant, she was no longer a slave. She made a few grunts and noises of pain, but she had already passed out. Her dreams wouldn’t be sweat, but the pain was nothing compared to what she faced thanks to Slave Order. I suspected it was because she was such a powerful Magician that she could resist Slave Order so much. That… and maybe an extreme will. It might have eventually gotten the desired results out of her, but it wasn’t in my heart to carry on that way.

Grabbing my backpack, I froze and looked down at my storage ring. Sighing and rolling my eyes over forgetting the convenience of some magic, I stashed everything into my storage ring. Feeling a lot lighter, I turned around and looked down the stairway into the deeper part of the dungeon.

Oh, to heck with it. I will defeat this dungeon, here and now, or I will die trying. I needed to find out what happened. What drove that fairy to that state? Who was Karr really, and what happened to Old Chalm? The answers were down there, not up here. It was stupid, but I didn’t have a much better chance trying to escape the dungeon. Who knew how deep I was anyway? I could just as easily be on the 98th floor as the 2nd. In that case. If I was on the 98th floor of 100, wouldn’t it be dumber trying to head up? I walked down into the darkness, leaving the unconscious fairy behind.

214