Chapter 114
13.2k 10 222
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What happened next?” Celeste demanded from atop my shoulder.

I shook my head. “I don’t know.”

“What? What is that about?”

“I said, this is only part of the story. There are other rooms like this strewn about the mansion. They should have the other mosaics and will provide more of the story.”

“Really! They do?” Celeste asks excitedly.

I leaned away, as she was leaning so close her breasts were nearly in my eyes. They were small, but up this close they looked like the first time I had seen them. They even jiggled a bit, which seemed like it broke the physics engine for this world.

“Yes… if we keep going down, then…”

“Not necessary!” Celeste said excitedly. “I’ll take you to the next room! You’ll tell me the rest of the story if I take you to all the rooms, correct?”

“Ah… to the best of my knowledge, sure?”

“Yay!” She jumped off my shoulder and flapped her wings, flying off, “Then, let’s go! Let’s go!”

“W-wait! It’s late and I’m tired! The next library is probably a few floors down.”

“Pfft! That’s easy! Just follow me!”

“O-okay…”

{Celeste is now in your party.}

Ah, so people from this world can form parties too. It looked like it really was something as simple as “follow me”. She floated over to a pillar in the middle of the room. I didn’t really know what it was. It most resembled the altar from the cathedral-like rooms I had entered in the previous dungeon. She felt around for a moment, and then the pillar suddenly glowed.

“Here we go!” Celeste excitedly said.

“What?”

A light glowed around Celeste and then a moment later she vanished from sight. My mouth fell open as I stared at the space she used to be. Was this like what happened when I used Return? Actually, most people seemed to ignore return. I had a feeling there was some kind of perception filter kind of thing on it. However, what really got my attention was the text in front of my vision.

{Your party has teleported to another part of the dungeon. You must register with both kiosks to use the dungeon teleportation system.}

“Dungeon Teleportation System!” I immediately leaped up, shouting out the name.

So, to recap, these rooms had doors that could be closed so you could be safe, effectively making them safe rooms. Each one had mosaics that talked about the curse that created the dungeon. They also had a kiosk in the middle. If you registered with the kiosk, you could teleport to any other kiosk in the dungeon you have visited.

“If I had known this, what happened in that Mina’s dungeon never would have happened.”

I could have transported back up as soon as we found that second cathedral. That was the system this world use to allow dungeon divers to get deeper and deeper into dungeons. I knew as their levels reached 100 or 1000, it would otherwise be impossible. I walked over to the kiosk and put my hand on it. I was looking to see what I needed to do, but a second later it flashed.

{You have been registered with Karr’s Dungeon level 5 kiosk.}

So… I’m level 5 after all.

A moment later, the Kiosk flashed again and the fairy reappeared. She was glaring at me with her fists on her hips.

“Why didn’t you come with me!” She snapped.

I bowed. “I’m sorry, it says you can only visit rooms you’ve been to before. I’ll have to go down the dungeon the long way, it seems.”

Mina crossed her arms and blushed. “R-right… I knew that.”

“Can I get some sleep now? Tomorrow will be a long day.”

222