Chapter 0
19 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Brandr."

"Yes sir?"

"Try to remember your position and status."

"Understood sir." He replied, straightening his posture.

With that, Sir Cadwgan knocked on the door they were standing in front of. "Sire, I've brought him as you've commanded."

"Enter." Came the reply.

Sir Cadwgan opened the door and gestured to him to enter. With a deep breath, he did just that, taking a few steps into the room, enough so that Sir Cadwgan could follow him in and close the door behind them, before dropping down to one knee.

"You may introduce yourself." Sir Cadwgan instructed.

"I am known as Hildebrand. It is the greatest honour to be summoned by your excellencies."

"You may rise."

"Yes sirs." Hildebrand said, standing up.

Sitting at the head of the table was King Andras, his ornate golden crown sitting atop his mane.

To his right was his younger brother, Sir Siór. While his mane was not as grand as the King's, it was still impressive.

As I stood there, Sir Cadwgan, the Head of the Royal Knights, known as the strongest swordsman in the kingdom sat in his chair next to Sir Siór, his 8' form towering over the others.

On the other side of the table, sitting across from Sir Siór, was Master Paderau, the Head Sorcerer, known as the Master of Magic. Their small stature and cute, childlike appearance betraying their great intelligence and power.

Finally, there was Head Priest Llywelyn, the leader of the church of Enid, the largest, most prominent church in the kingdom. In the entire kingdom, he was the only one on equal footing with the king.

Hildebrand swallowed nervously, wondering what the five most powerful beings in the entire kingdom of Dyfed could possibly want with him.

"Hildebrand, by order of the king, what is to be discussed in this room is not to leave it." Sir Siór said seriously. "If you disobey this order, you will be severely punished and then killed. Is that understood?"

"Completely Sir."

"Good. Master Paderau?" He said with a nod before turning to Master Paderau.

"Eh hem." They said, clearing their throat and standing up on the chair, their arms clenched behind their back. "I assume you're aware that as of late, demon attacks have gotten more frequent?" They started, waiting for me to nod before continuing. "Unfortunately it seems as though this may only be the beginning. Recently, evidence has emerged that the seal the Legendary Heroes placed on the Demon Lord has broken, and he has awoken, ready to spread chaos once again."

"A-are you serious?!" Hildebrand gasped, unable to stop himself from talking, his eyes wide.

"Completely. We are 90% sure that he has returned. However, until we are completely certain, this knowledge is being kept away from the public, so as to avoid any unnecessary panic." Paderau continued. "Any questions?"

"With all due respect, why are you telling me?" Hildebrand asked.

"You are being tasked with exterminating the Demon Lord." Sir Siór stated.

"WHAT?!" Hildebrand exclaimed, forgetting his place in shock.

"Of course, you will not be going alone." Sir Siór continued, ignoring his outburst. "We are currently gathering other strong warriors."

"However, while we find them, we will have you request help from another individual who would be instrumental to our victory." Paderau said.

"Who?"

"The Great Sage." Master Paderau said.

"The Great Sage...?" Hildebrand repeated uncertainty. "Wait, The Great Sage?! As in the legendary mage who actually sealed the Demon Lord away over a thousand years ago?! W-wouldn't she be long dead?!"

"Not necessarily." Master Paderau answered. "We know she had created a spell that halted the aging process. In addition, she was well aware that the seal would break. In addition, she has been known to be alive less than 200 years ago, so it is believed she is still alive and well."

"Alright, but, how would I find her?"

"Fortunately that will not be a problem." Sir Siór said. "We know where her manor is, and that it is still occupied."

"I see..."

"The problem is, since the last time she was in the kingdom a little less than 200 years ago, visitors have been forbidden from entering and meeting with her." he sighed.

"Then..."

"However, with the current situation, we believe she'll be more accepting of visitors."

"And if she isn't?"

"Brandr." Sir Cadwgan cut in with a sigh, before glaring at me. "You have been given your orders from the most powerful people in the kingdom. Either take the job, or commit treason."

"Ah." Hildebrand said, realizing his mistake. "Yes Sir. My apologies." He agreed, bowing.

"Now that that's been settled, we'll leave the rest to you Cadwgan." Sir Siór said.

2