14. Fighting zombies
9.9k 2 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After pouring water into the water tank, He Zizhong brought a few buckets of water back.

He felt that drinking water to improve his physical condition was really not an illusion. At this time yesterday morning, he definitely did not have enough physical strength to lift so much water.

After the water tank was full, Fang Hao steamed rice and kneaded noodles. Shiitake mushrooms, sausages, bacon, etc. were cut into small cubes and fried. In addition, he prepared some ingredients for other dishes.

Most of these things are easy to use as filling, and can also be mixed in the rice balls.

"If there is a lot of glutinous rice at home, I can make some glutinous rice dumplings, with grain beans, bacon and green beans, salted egg yolk and pork belly, etc.1he's listing different flavors here. Drool... getting hungry... Just like southern meat dumplings, they taste good. After the bamboo grows up, I can also make bamboo rice!"

He Zizhong, who preferred salty and savory meat flavors, immediately responded - he has salted eggs, glutinous rice, and all kinds of miscellaneous grains!

"Let's soak the glutinous rice now, and make it in the evening." It's so wonderful that their tastes are alike. Chef Fang sighed from the bottom of his heart that he and senior are a natural match. Look, even their tastes were similar!

Although He Zizhong's physical strength recovered early, the two of them still came out of the space at 12 noon.

It couldn't be helped as there were too many things to prepare. In addition to preparing meals to be eaten on the road, they also needed to prepare clothes and equipment for going out.

When Fang Hao entered the underground storage space again, he pointed to the three cars parked next to him and asked, "Are these all senior's cars?" He Zizhong had a SUV, but where did the two Hummers come from??!

"Rented. I originally planned to use them for travel." He Zizhong replied lightly, in exchange for a pair of starry eyes from Fang Hao, who was already fan of his: "You're great, senior!"

Fortunately, he rented the car ahead of time and put it in the space! Look now! Not only did they not need to return it, but they could also change their car at any time when other vehicles are unavailable!! If he knew that today was the end of the world, he should rent more cars in advance!

Two fully armed men stood in front of the large French windows and used binoculars to check the surrounding situation. He Zizhong held a map of city F with various marks on it: "We will walk this road after we go out. There is a large meat factory, and there should be a lot of fresh meat there. After leaving the slaughterhouse, follow the road to the west. At the end of the road is a coal factory. Along the way, we can stop by the vegetable wholesale market and a gas station.

"To the south of the coal plant, there will be two large supermarkets, a clothing wholesale market, and a gas company on the way into the city. According to online news, the situation of patients with a severe cold and coma occurred at three or four in the morning. The vegetable carts should have arrived at the market, but the scattered wholesalers should not have time to pick up the goods. It is worth a visit."

Fang Hao carefully remembered the way and nodded from time to time. In normal times this route will take half a day. But that's if everything is as usual.

"Let’s avoid trouble as much as possible on the road. When we get to the destination and get the stuff we need, we leave. Try to avoid conflicts with people on the road. If we are delayed and have to stay overnight, we should find a relatively safe and safe place to go into the space."

He Zizhong didn't want to wake up, and find out he had been gnawed by the zombie. When there are no other companions, they must go back to the space for the night.

"In normal operations, don't separate from me. If we encounter danger, let's go in, understand?"

Fang Hao nodded vigorously, he won't cause trouble to senior! No way!

Opening the door quietly, the two of them walked out cautiously with steel pipes in their hands. In the hallway of the hotel, several waiters and guests turned zombies, wandered around.

Seeing that there was fresh meat coming out, they dangled excitedly after the two of them one by one.

In fact, they don't look like humans anymore. They have gray faces than dead people, stiff movements, protruding eyes, brownish-green throats, and emitted a rancid smell. Even the corpses in the funeral home were more human-like than them.

Fang Hao's face was blue, his hands tightly gripped the steel pipe, and suddenly he stepped forward and tried his best to hit the head of the nearest zombie.

With a "poof", the zombie's body bent, and before it could straighten up, Fang Hao once again hit its head hard...

Once again, He Zizhong was stunned by the fierce appearance. He really didn't expect that Fang Hao would be like this the first time he faced a zombie. He was obviously afraid, but he tried his best.

Shaking his head and turning the steel pipe in his hand twice, He Zizhong also stepped forward to join the battle.

There were five zombies - two waiters and three guests - on the floor. When Fang Hao found that all the zombies had been wiped out, he held on to the wall with one hand and squatted in the corner.

"Come on, rinse your mouth." He Zizhong took out a bottle of mineral water. The bottle of mineral water was already opened. Before they left the room, they deliberately filled a few empty bottles with well water.

The sweet, cool well water ran through his throat, and the loss of strength from fighting zombies suddenly recovered a lot. His beating heart gradually calmed down. As the water entered his stomach, the original coolness suddenly became warm, and instantly ran to every corner of the body.

It seemed that this water is really useful.

"I'm good now." Fang Hao smiled at him, his face felt weak after the fierce battle.

"Come on, we should go down." He collected the water and stretched out his hand. Fang Hao was much stronger than he thought, and his first battle was much stronger than the first in his previous life.

In his previous life, Fang Hao, who fought side by side with him, was also strong. Although his abilities belonged to the logistics category, he never took a step back in battle!

Holding the hand extended by He Zizhong, the last bit of anxiety and fear in his heart disappeared. He still has senior, and he still wants to live side by side with senior for a long, long time, until his hair turns white without separating. What did this count as?

The two went all the way down from the east side of the building. When passing the lobby, they wanted to go to the back of the restaurant to find the remaining food, but found that the glass door there was tightly closed, and a few zombies surrounded the door frantically.

——Someone was inside.

The two looked at each other and decided to leave.

There are survivors in the kitchen, so even if they went over and helped, they would not get many supplies. Although there were about a dozen zombies outside, it was actually not too many. As long as they were careful, the people inside should be able to clean it up by themselves.

The two stepped lightly and walked out the door. In the morning, it seemed that several groups of people found that something was wrong and drove out of the hotel, leading many zombies who were in the hotel to the street outside. Two zombies fell to the ground in the parking place outside the hotel, one of which had a cracked head, and the other had half of its head connected, twisting on the ground.

He Zizhong stepped forward and hit the zombie still tossing on the ground. After that, he reached down to pull the heads of the two zombies open.

When did the nucleus start to form in the zombie's brain again? He Zizhong didn't know until he arrived in city A that the base was collecting such things. But he never figured out what it was used for...

Some people said that it could improve the power of ability holders, but he didn't stimulate an ability until he died, so naturally he didn't know how to use it.

Although Fang Hao was with him at that time, the two of them were on the run. Even if they got a crystal nucleus, they had no time to study it. After hearing that someone in the base was zombified by eating the crystal nucleus by mistake, they did not dare use it indiscriminately...

"Huh? What is this?" Fang Hao discovered that He Zizhong pulled out a transparent object from the zombie's head. It seemed to be hard, and it didn't seem to be something like flesh and blood.

"I don't know, a stone?" He Zizhong didn't know the usage of this thing, so he joked casually.

"... Maybe it will be useful in the future."

Nodded, He Zizhong bent over to pick up the thing, washed with water and threw it into the space. He turned over the heads of seven zombies and only found one more. It seems that it will take a while before it forms in the heads of zombies.

"Huh?!" The moment the crystal nucleus was thrown into the space, He Zizhong suddenly found that it did not fly into the warehouse according to his will, but directly turned into crystal light, part of it drifted and vanished directly into the air, and some of it drifted into the well in the backyard.

"What's wrong?" Fang Hao asked with concern.

To explain it to him, He Zizhong once again snuck his consciousness into the space, and found that nothing else changed, so he was slightly relieved.

After hearing the situation, Fang Hao's eyes lit up: "Perhaps this thing has some use for your space? When we discover these kind of  ‘stones’ in the future, let’s throw them all into your space!"

He Zizhong shook his head: "This thing may be useful in the future. Besides, we killed these zombies together, so you should have half of them."

Fang Hao smiled brightly: "I haven't found its use yet, have you? Since the space responds to it, let's use it first."

He Zizhong took a deep look at Fang Hao, and decided when he finds crystal nuclei later, he would save half of it for him and put the remaining half in the space. After all, if this thing is really good for abilities, no one would complain at having more.

Confirming that no one was seeing around, He Zizhong took his SUV out from the space, and boarded it with Fang Hao, driving out the garage.

In the restaurant on the first floor of the hotel, a few people heard the sound of a car starting and leaned to the window to look out carefully.

"Another person who doesn't want to live, how many has it been this morning?"

"A car was turned over just now..."

"It's better to leave, god knows how long we can eat here..."

It was noon when He Zizhong and the two left. The zombies didn't seem to like the sun, and most of them hid in shadowy corners at this time.

Most patients with high fever had abnormal changes at three or four in the morning, and the first victim is often the person closest to them.

And nighttime is when humans rest, so many people were attacked by relatives and became zombies. Even if some developed abilities through the fever, they were forced to assimilate from being bitten, therefore, losing the chance of survival.

34