Entertainment Circle’s Charming Rose 02
178 6 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two days after Rose first arrived in this world, she finally thought up a comprehensive plan to break Bai Meiren and Zou Zihao's engagement. From the information she gathered from both reputable and more shady news sources, she had an idea of what Bai Meiren was like.

Bai Meiren, outstanding business graduate of Peking University who's won countless academic rewards since elementary school. She's had an education befitting the heiress of Baihu Tech and was proficient in many noble pursuits such as piano, violin, painting, dance, horse racing, fencing, etc. Simply put, she was the perfect heir who would be considered the "other family's child" every heir and heiress was compared to. She had no scandals, and from what it seems, she was only focused on work. If left alone, she would likely lead Baihu Tech into becoming one of the leading tech companies in the world for years to come. Rose could certainly see why Bai Meiren was targeted because even with a cursory glance, you could see the endless potential she had in her future.

Unfortunately, she could also see how Bai Meiren fell first to Zou Zihao. Someone solely focused on work who had never been in a relationship or been in love would be more easy to chase if their pursuer knew what they were doing. A cold person meeting warmth for the first time, especially from someone who's their nominal fiance, could easily fall. With additional help from an ultra advanced system, it's all the more easy to keep her fascinated.

What Rose needed to do was be another source of warmth for Bai Meiren. She needed to show her that affection was not something Zou Zihao could exclusively give her, and show her that there are other options. It'll also be a plus if she could lay out all of Zou Zihao's flaws so that Miss Bai could keep a clear mind about what kind of person he was.

Rose didn't have any contacts she could use to get in touch with a general manager of a tech company, but she did have a lot of money. Baihu Tech was currently looking for investors for research into augmented reality, and it's a project that was proposed by Miss Bai herself. Based on the little information she could get from Zero Nine, this project never got enough investment in the original timeline and was shelved even further after Bai Meiren fell to Zou Zihao. That won't be happening with her around.

Calling Miss Bai's secretary for an investment meeting was a good starting part. It took less than 5 minutes and she now had a dinner appointment with Bai Meiren in 3 days to discuss the project. With that out of the way, she needed to establish a more visible identity for herself.

If Zou Zihao could become an actor, there's no reason she couldn't. She might've never acted in a movie, but she's certainly acted in infiltration missions before. She just needed to adjust her mentality a bit and learn how to present herself to cameras filming her and she should be okay.

And what better way to keep an eye on Zou Zihao's movements than by entering the same profession and even entering the same company as him? Star Entertainment was the top entertainment company in China, so it's the best option for her anyways. She's gotta admit that it was a nice company.

The high rise building in front of her almost sparkled in the sun with how clean the exterior was. Entering through the doors showed a similar clean and neat interior. She didn't care much to take in the sights and went straight to the receptionist.

"Welcome to Star Entertainment, how may I help you?" the well-dressed receptionist lady asked.

"I'm here to sign with your company as an actress," Rose said with a neat smile.

With Rose's enchanting face and her expensive-looking clothes that hinted at her status, the receptionist only paused for a brief moment.

"Can I ask your name? I'll check about your appointment for a contract signing today," she replied.

"I'm Mei Guihua. I don't have an appointment so you don't need to check. Just tell whoever the relevant person for this would be that Mei Guihua wants to sign into your company," Rose said with such sheer confidence that the receptionist couldn't help obeying without questioning her.

After a brief call, "Can you please wait a moment Miss Mei? Secretary Yang is coming down to talk to you about your contract. Sorry for the delay," she said with a much more polite and subservient attitude.

"It's no problem," Rose said with a slight chuckle. "I realize I'm a bit abrupt. Thank you for making things so painless despite my sudden appearance."

Rose's smile gave the receptionist a beauty crit that made her couldn't help but think this woman's face would definitely shine in the entertainment industry. Her confidence and politeness made her secretly think that she'll definitely look forward to whatever works this Mei Guihua will show up in in the future.

[Secretary Yang is Zou Zihao's father's secretary. Him being sent to you is a sign that Star Entertainment attaches great importance to your identity as the last remaining Mei family member.]

[This identity cheat is really useful. Having this kind of backdoor feels quite fresh. Feels a bit... dirty to have such a head start compared to others though.]

[Would the hostess prefer a less influential identity next time?]

[Dirtiness is also a sign of happiness.]

[...]

[Hey, I'm just saying, shortcuts make life a lot easier. It's the how, why, and what you're using those shortcuts for that's more important.]

[Whatever the hostess wants.]

It might just be her imagination, but Zero Nine almost sounds sarcastic. Perhaps she's not as emotionally cold as her personality module indicated.

It didn't take too long for Secretary Yang to meet with her. He was a middle-aged man with sharp eyebrows and a slightly stern temperament. He looked very ordinary though a bit thin in his suit. His face had a flattering look as he greeted her.

"Miss Mei, it's an honor to meet you. Let's go somewhere more private to talk about your wish to collaborate with our Star Entertainment."

"Nice to meet you as well Secretary Yang."

He took Rose to a nice meeting room with a folder he had with him placed on the table separating the two.

"I heard Miss Mei wished to become an actress at our company?"

"Yes. Your company is an industry elite, and I figured that'll be the best starting point for me as an artist."

"I'm very flattered Miss Mei thinks so. It took a while to gather the relevant papers for your contract, but I hope this much is satisfactory?"

Rose took a look at the contract prepared for her. She had no clue what any of it meant.

[The hostess was given an ace level contract, the highest honor for any artist at Star Entertainment.]

[Thanks, I assumed it would be good, but I didn't think it'll be that good.]

[The identity of the Mei family is very prestigious in this world.]

[I can see that.]

"This is certainly a lot of trust for someone you don't know the acting skills of," Rose said in a joking tone.

"Miss Mei has the temperament and looks of a top celebrity, this is the least we can do to reflect that."

This guy really knew how to flatter someone with bullshit.

"Who's going to be my agent then?"

"Of course, Miss Mei only deserves the best. Our best agent, Zhang Ning, will be your agent from now on. She only has one other artist under her name currently and he's a male artist so you needn't worry about fighting for resources."

"Who's the other artist?"

"He's a newcomer in the industry, but Miss Mei should know him. He's our Zou family's second young master, Zou Zihao."

A smile bloomed on Rose's face.

"Is that so? Well, happy cooperation Secretary Yang."

She leisurely signed all the relevant places in the contract and shook hands with Secretary Yang.

Not just the same company, but the same agent too. This mission just got easier and easier.

12