Chapter 2 – Chang Wuan
116 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

["Chang Wuan"]

{Location: Rexus Prime - Redfeather}

"While patrolling, a police officer notices a man lying on the ground scared. He get's out of the vehicle and approaches him"

Police Officer: What is going on here? What are you doing?

Person: He----he ...he is coming!

Police Officer: Who is coming?

Person: He....he is near! I...I was there when---

Police Officer: Explain yourself man! Where were you? What did you see?

Person: I saw.....him! Fighting with....6 guys! He killed them all. I---I ran as fast as I could!

Police Officer: Wait what? Who killed who? What is going on?

Person: I...I said too much! I shouldn't be working with---oh no...he is after me! He is coming for me!

Police Officer: RELAX MAN! NO ONE IS COMING FOR YOU!

"The man looks behind the officer. He sees a shadowy person removing his camouflage and approaching his location with his blades drawn"

Mysterious Person: I ...am coming...for you...

Police Officer: What the? Run! AGHHH---

"The officer gets put down by the man"

Mysterious Person: Now you...you have seen them. You've worked with them. Those two with the blond hair...tell me where they are!

Person: No Please! I don't know! You have to believe me! They left! I---I think they are in earth as we speak! London! Please that's all I know!

Mysterious Person: Good...Now you are of no use to me...

Person: No! Please I have a family! NOO! HELLPPP! SOMEONE! CHANG WUAN IS ---

"Chang Wuan chops off the person's head with his hooks"

Chang Wuan: Hmm....Now to find those 2 scrubs. London huh? That just made my day.

{Location: London - UK}

{Time: 09:00}

"The alarm clock rings"

Rj: Ah...what the. Who set that on 9 am? It's supposed to wake me up at 12!

"Suddenly, Reyna walks into the room. See seems happy"

Reyna: I set it to nine, in case you are wondering.

Rj: What? Why?

Reyna: Because today is the day we are going to get new equipment both for ourselves and "Raptor"! Come on! Stand up, wear your gear and lets go! Hurry!

Rj: What the...where will you find all these credits?

Reyna: I believe we have enough credits from our last 3 contracts. The last one specifically. It gave us A TON LOT. If...you remember, that is...

Rj: I remember sister... But I knew you were going to just waste them on the first chance. And to be honest...maybe we need those upgrades.

Reyna: Hey, I told you like days ago. This is the big deal, Rejar.

Rj: Don't...ever call me with my full name...again, Reyna. Mom's stupid idea.

Reyna: Actually it was father's. We have to visit them in France. Haven't seen them in like 5 years. Tons of work lately...

Rj: Yeah, I know right? And why did they move to France, again? Why not just stay here?

Reyna: Better house, better job. The usual.

Rj: Huh...Well anyway. Lets take your car.

Reyna: Wait...why mine?

Rj: Um...Mine has no fuel in it?

Reyna: I don't care, go fuel it up?

Rj: Right now I am bored, if you want to wait until tomorrow?

Reyna: Ugh, FINE ! OK lets go with my car, but I'm driving.

Rj: But it's already yours...What?

Reyna: You know what I mean, Einstein.

Rj: Whatever...Lets go.

"Some time later, the twins arrive at London's biggest area store, downtown. Everything from legal to illegal could be found there. No police were around..."

Reyna: Oh. That small flamethrower for the wrist will fit me just fine. I'll buy it.

"Rj and Reyna were amazed by the sheer amount of things that they saw"

Rj: Hm...How much for this?

Seller: The grappling hook? For you, only 800 credits.

Rj: Hmm....

"Rj, then, started yelling"

Rj: REYNA! REYNA! CAN I BUY THIS HOOK? WILL IT BE USEFUL? WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Reyna: I don't know. Just buy it!

Rj: Sold.

Seller: An excellent deal, sir! You won't regret this!

"After a few minutes Reyna sees a rare ship part and runs to check it out"

Reyna: Wow! Rj! Come quick!

Rj: What? What is that?

Reyna: Shield X-5A "Mega Rogue"! Man...I thought they stopped producing this!

Person: They did. But I have it ! Last part in the galaxy!

Reyna: I must take this...How much?

Person: Hm...50.000 credits for you miss.

Rj: Ouch. Looks expensive. 25.000?

Person: I am very sorry. I would bargain with you but...that's no less. It is a very rare model type. And a very strong one. It can save both you and your ship and can withstand tons amounts of damage.

Reyna: Rj...We must have one of these. Come on! That's just awesome to have!

Rj: Yes, with that price, of course its awesome. Look...buddy...Can I have a word with you?

Person: It depends ...what is it?

Rj: Hmm lets go and talk behind that wall over there. I have a special offer for you.

Person: Well. It does sound intriguing...Sure.

"A few moments later Rj returns alone. He has a bit of blood on his fist"

Rj: Ok. Grab that piece and lets go.

Reyna: Wait...what did you do?

Rj: Meh nothing...I just...um...knocked the guy unconscious.

Reyna: WHAT IN THE?---Rj! There is a whole ton of people there! Someone must have seen you!

Rj: Relax. Nobody saw me! I think...Nah, no one saw me. It's all going to be fine! Lets head back now and install this generator to our ship.

Reyna: Ugh...Your way of doing things sometimes...Whatever. Lets go.

"Suddenly, a shadowy figure hidding near a corner plays the voice replay on his helmet"

Man: Yes. Keep thinking that you are safe...I am coming for you, twins.

"After they bought the shield upgrade, the twins were now headed home to upgrade their ship. Along the way, Rj was singing a difficult song with his bad voice"

Reyna: FOR THE SWEET LOVE OF GOD. STOP SINGING! My nerves!

Rj: You just can't deal with the fact that I was born with the voice of an angel.

Reyna: More like a guy who has a fish bone stuck in his neck, sounding like a dying goose and trying to get it out...

Rj: Yeah whatever...jealous.

Reyna: I am not jealous! For what should I be jealous of, exactly? Your voice? It's like a baby monkey trying to scream for the first time!

Rj: Oh so you think you are better don't you?

Reyna: Of course I am! My voice is way better than yours.

Rj: Oh right...says the woman who tried to sing "Dust in the wind" in the 3rd year of junior high's Karaoke night and was yelled at to get off the stage.

Reyna: How dare you? That was...I don't even know how many years ago! My voice has changed significantly.

Rj: "Significantly" more annoying you mean.

Reyna: Oh you bloody---

"Suddenly a man appears standing on the road. Rj turns his head in front, sees him and quickly pushes the break pedal"

Rj: Wow!

Reyna: What the hell? What is he doing? Is he drunk or something?

Rj: Why is he wearing a hood? Not like it's raining...Plus it's so out of fashion these days---

Reyna: Rj, can you just...

Rj: What..?

Reyna: Nevermind. Just...I don't know...honk at him or something.

Rj: You're kidding right? Probably just a homeless man. He needs help.

"Rj opens the window to speak to the unknown person and figure out what's going on"

Rj: HEY! SIR? Why are you standing in the middle of the road like that? Are you Okay? Do you need a ride somewhere?

"The man remains silent with his face looking down"

Reyna: Rj...I don't think he needs any of that...Maybe we should just leave him and be on our way.

Rj: Reyna you can't be serious. Are we just going to leave a helpless person in the street like that? He might had a very rough day! Maybe he wants some credits. Hold on I'm going to speak with him.

Reyna: Rj...I don't think you should --- Oh great...There he goes.

"Rj walks close to the mysterious person"

Rj: Sir...Sir! Are you OK? Are you---

"Suddenly the man looks in front. He appears to be wearing a metal hooded gear and a gas mask"

Person: Hello there... Mercenary!

Rj: What? Who are you?

Chang Wuan: I am the merciless Chang Wuan, little man. And this bounty will be claimed for Victus! Heh. Looks like you fucked up real good!

Rj: You've got to be fucking----

"Chang Wuan puts out his blades and starts to engage Rj. There's a quick exchange between the two for some seconds, until Rj runs back to the car"

Rj: REYNA! GET TO THE DRIVER'S SIT! NOW! START THE CAR!

Reyna: What? What is going on?

Rj: Just DO IT!

"Reyna quickly gets to the driver's seat, starts the car and is ready to move. She waits for Rj to come inside. She sees that he is running from the mysterious person. The person appears to be battling Rj with his blades while Rj dodges his attacks as he runs"

Rj: Start driving! I'm almost there!

"All of a sudden, Chang equips his hook and grabs Rj by the feet. He, then, enables electricity to come out from the hook and shocks Rj"

Rj: AGHH! DAMN YOU! THAT HURT...A LOT!

"Reyna then equips the flamethrower that she bought and tries to drive Chang Wuan away with the fire. Chang now approaches them with a normal pace, as his armour guards him from the heat. He laughs while he walks"

Chang Wuan: Pathetic.

Reyna: Quickly now! Get in the car!

Rj: I'm in! Hit it!

"Reyna moves away from Chang. She drives in full speed for their house"

Reyna? Are you hurt? What happened back there? Who was he?

Rj: Calm down, I'm fine. Agh...He said his name is...Chang Wuan, or something like that. Looks like Victus sent him after us. Said he would claim the bounty for him...

Reyna: What? Ah great! The most powerful man in the Outer Rim now wants to kill us!

Rj: Yeah. Looks like our reputation exceeds ourselves. Am I right?

Reyna: Rj this is not the time for that nonesense...

Rj: I know. Fuck...We must return home.

Reyna: Are you kidding me? He probably knows where we live, considering he was able to track us all this way! We must pack our equipment, take the Raptor and be out of here! Get into a safe area, get you all healed up, then we go and kill this bastard!

Rj: You are probably right. Lets go.

"From all the fighting, Chang Wuan managed to throw a tracking device at their car, seconds before it started moving"

Chang Wuan: You can run. But you can not hide.

"After some time, Rj and Reyna reached their home. They packed their gear and weapons and were ready to fly away with the Raptor"

Reyna: Oh come on, come on! Why won't you work? Begin you fine piece of metal!

Rj: Hold on. Let me check the engines. Something tells me that the problem is there.

Reyna: Alright, but make it fast! We don't know if this son of a gun is closing on us. Can you believe he had little trouble walking through fire? What else can he do?!

Rj: Okay this should do. Try it now.

Reyna: Here we go, then.

"The engines start and the ship is ready to fly"

Reyna: Okay we are on the skies. So ,where are we headed? Any plans?

Rj: Hmm...I may have a plan. Go to these coordinates.

Reyna: Wait. Mars?

Rj: Exactly. We must drag this guy away from Earth. He probably has enough connections to track us down. We can't keep running forever. If Victus hired him , then we are screwed wherever we go. But at least Mars doesn't have that many satellites for any orbital tracking.

Reyna: Isn't Mars filled with EUF training academies and industry?

Rj: I mean...It's basically more of a mining colony than anything else. But some parts have a few colonists living in "village communities". I believe they'll grow more once Mars is even more terraformed. Maybe it'll even lose all that "red".

Reyna: Well, do you even know how much fuel we need to get in there? I don't think raptor can withstand another long run.

Rj: Relax sister. It is not that far. One hyper-drive and we will be there in like what? Ten minutes?

Reyna: Fine. Let's go.

"Suddenly, a ship appeared from behind firing it's missiles at the twins"

Reyna: What the hell?

"Reyna looks from the sensors and sees Chang Wuan approaching them fast with his ship"

Reyna: Rj! He is on our tail.

Rj: Hold up! I'm going to the multi-cannons! I will shoot this asshole down once and for all.

"Rj fires upon Chang's ship but his shield absorb all the damage. Then Chang throws another missile that barely misses but scratches the engines"

Reyna: Oh damn. That was close!

Rj: No kidding! And our guns don't do jack shit against his shield!

Reyna: Wait. I have a plan.

"Reyna enables auto pilot"

Rj: What are you doing? We need to evade his missiles!

Reyna: Not if we have this bad guy.

"Reyna activates the shield generator she "bought" from the store and transfers all power to shields. Chang then throws another missile that hits the raptor, but the new shield generator seems to absorb the shot"

Rj: Darn! How did you do that?

Reyna: I told you this type was unique! How many other generators can withstand such shot?!

"Chang throws an ion missile. Their shields go to 50%"

Rj: Reyna! Two more shots of this and we are out of protection!

Reyna: Dammit! How many missiles does he have for God's love?

{{ Status: Exiting stratosphere }}

{{ Mass Lock: Off }}

Rj: Good, we are out of the planet's stratosphere.

Reyna: Alright. Now I just need to enable that hyper-drive and we are out!

{{ Incoming transmisson }}

Patrol officer: Unknown ship code "X-1-0-4-H". This is Patrol Cruiser "Agamemnon". You are now at the planet's orbit controlled by the EUF. Give us your IDs or we will be forced to arrest you.

Rj: Oh great. These morons. That's the last thing I expected to happen to us.

Reyna: Hold On. Cease fire with the cannons. If they see us shooting someone else, they will most definitely shoot us down.

Rj: Yes, but if I don't shoot, Chang will catch us and throw another missile to our ship. And I doubt we are going to survive another hit!

Reyna: Wait. Let's talk to these guys first. Um...Ghm... Yes, officer, this is ship "X-1-0-4-H" Our names are Rejar and Reyna Frost. Transmitting our IDs now.

Patrol Officer: Everything looks clear . I'm sorry for the bother, mercenaries.

Reyna: Patrol cruiser "Agamemnon" please be aware that an enemy fighter ship is closing on our position and is engaging us with missiles.

Patrol Officer: Say again, mercenaries, what special fighter?

Reyna: Its um...A Rexian spy! Unfortunately his ship is better than ours so we have to escape him. Ready your weapons! He is closing in!

Patrol Officer: Roger that. Come behind our line. Our Tesla Cruisers are enabled. He wont escape.

Rj: What? Yes but neither will we!

Reyna: Don't worry. I don't think he has the fire power to destroy a frigate and 3 patrol cruisers guarding this sector.

Rj: Well lets hope so.

"As it approaches, Chang Wuan's Ship gets lost from the Radars of the patrol cruisers"

Patrol Officer: What the--- Guys what happened? Status report.

Patrol crew: Sir, the enemy ship was closing in fast to our location, but we lost the signal as soon as it got to the stratosphere!

Patrol Officer: What? Activate the scanners---

"Suddenly Chang's Ship appears out of nowhere, behind the patrol line, completely destroying the "Tesla" class Hyper-jammer device"

Patrol Officer: What in the?

"Sir! He destroyed cruiser-1's guns!"

"Sir! Cruiser-2 shields are deactivated!"

"Our light patrol frigate has lost it's engines!"

Patrol Officer: What? How did he? How is that possible?

"Chang's Ship throws Jericho missiles at the cruiser"

Patrol Officer: Evade, Evade! Nooo!

{{ Error - Error. Transmission lost }}

Reyna: Oh god.

Rj: How did he....

{{ Incoming transmission }}

Chang Wuan: Now I'm coming for...you!

Rj: Yes. Come to suck my dick, you mean!

"Rj then closes the transmission"

Rj: Stupid bastard.

"Reyna then sees that the hyper drive is enabled"

Reyna: FUCK YEAH! Hyper drive is activated!

Rj: Then what are you waiting for? Do it!

"Hyper drive is activated and the twins travel to light speed, heading for Mars"

Chang Wuan: Ah...You will not escape me! I'm Chang Waun and this fat bounty will be mine! My ship can track your junk-yard down! Ah...Now let's see where you're headed...

"After some time, Rj and Reyna reached Mars's Orbit and headed inside"

Reyna: Oh great...what do we do now? I mean...Everything is so far so good. But we have no one in Mars! We will just wait there for Chang to kill us both.

Rj: Hey! Don't get all desperate! No wonder why you don't have a boyfriend.

Reyna: I had a boyfriend...A good one. But we broke up, I've told you that before. Don't make me angry.

Rj: Whatever. What I want to say is that I have a plan. One of my contractors recently moved to Mars. The isolated position there makes him be out of harms way. At least...unless someone decides to fly and kill him. But that's another story. Anyway, the point is, he can maybe help us or provide us with some good equipment to kill this asshole. After all, he owes me.

Reyna: Doing jobs without me, were you?

Rj: Oh don't make it such a deal. I bet you forgot the time you were sick for one week. What was I supposed to do?

Reyna: Oh I don't know. How about "wait for me to get better"?

Rj: Good point. But, no. The waiting is killing me. You know, that.

Reyna: Yeah, right. Whatever. I guess there's not many options where we are, anyway. Are you sure he's here though?

Rj: Sure as rain.

Reyna: Oh Lord...

Rj: I meant because rain --- Ah, screw you. You know what I meant!

Reyna: Yeah, yeah. Just go. I'll follow.

"Rj and Reyna then head to find the contractor. After a while, Rj sees the spot and heads inside"Rj: Hey! Dimitri! How have you been?

Dimitri: Rj! Hey my man! Where did you find me? You know what? Its okay. But I don't have any contracts for you. I mean, I can call you if you need some money. But...

Rj: That's not what I'm here for. See I need your help, man. And before you speak, you owe me from the last time, so don't you dare say no to me.

Dimitri: Ah, you still remember that one, don't you? I suppose it was my fault I didn't pay enough attention on these thugs. Ah...Okay. Tell me what you need. As long as it's not anything over the edge.

Rj: I need to set an ambush on someone.

Dimitri: Ok. An ambush. Good choice. Are we talking mines, guns?

Rj: Anything of use really.

Dimitri: Ah. Variety. I like that. And who's the target that followed you all the way to Mars to be ambushed upon?

Rj: A bounty hunter. His name is Chang Wuan...

Dimitri: Wait... WHAT? CHANG WUAN? ARE YOU CRAZY? YOU BROUGHT THIS LUNATIC DOWN HERE? HOW DID YOU EVEN GET IN THIS KIND OF MESS? YOU'RE A DEAD MAN! FUCK! HE WILL KILL US ALL! YOU GET OUT OF HERE THIS INSTANT! I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH---

"Rj pulls his gun out and aims at Dimitri"

Rj: Oh no...you don't quite understand. You are...forced to help us.

"After some time, Chang, having located their signal, drops down and proceeds to find them. He finds Rj near the edge of a cliff, standing still"

Chang Wuan: At last! Here you are! You have nowhere to go now. And this big fat bounty will be mine! Get ready to die, kid. This bounty---

Rj: Yeah-yeah! This bounty will be claimed for Victus and blah blah blah! Don't you ever stop lollygagging about your bounties?

Chang Wuan: W---What?

Rj: Well, Changy...Here I am. So stop this bullcrap and face me already! What do you say? Are you read for this?

Chang Wuan: Hah! Am I ready for this? You're asking me if I'm ready for---

Rj: YES! I'm asking YOU! Do you see anyone else over here? NO! IT'S ONLY YOU! So of course I'm referring to YOU! I swear man. You bad guys begin to annoy me so fucking much, lately.

Chang Wuan: Don't worry. I will just kill you and be on my way then. Get ready to die!

Rj: Could you stop repeating your sentences? You literally just said that last one like ten seconds ago.

"Suddenly Reyna appears from behind"

Reyna: So? What are you two talking about?

Rj: You know. The usual. Son of a bitch won't stop talking, really.

Chang Wuan: What? Where did you come from? No matter. You can't defeat me. No one can. I'M CHANG WUAN!

"Chang, then, pulls his hook out"

Rj: Alright then. Come at me you bloody bastard.

Chang Wuan: Say no more.

"Chang tries to grapple Rj, but he dodges the attack. Then Reyna comes from behind with a jump, but Chang activates his cloaking device and evades the hit"

Reyna: Holy shit? How'd he do that?

"Suddenly, he appears and punches Reyna from behind , knocking her unconscious. Chang, then, moves to engage Rj. He keeps blocking Rj's attacks and with a sudden move, he kicks him to the head, knocking him down. Now, with both out of the fight, Chang moves to eliminate Rj first. But all of a sudden, Dimitri comes from the sides and fires an electric bullet with his pistol, while Chang isn't looking. With him now being put down, electrified, unable to move very well, the twins stand up and are ready to engage him once again"

Rj: Fuck. It took him long enough to fire that round.

Reyna: God damn. My head...Hey look! He's down.

Rj: Oh-oh. Looks like someone can't move well! What's the matter Changy? Forgot how to human? Good. Let's finish him, Rey.

"Rj moves and throws a punch at Chang"

Rj: That's for knocking my sister unconscious!

"Then, Reyna throws a back spinning kick at Chang Wuan"

Reyna: And that, is for knocking my brother down!

Chang Wuan: Ah! You will pay for that!

Rj: Oh I don't think so.

"Rj activates the charges that he has set beneath the cliff's edge and the ground starts shaking as it brakes into two. With the edge of the cliff being cut, Chang begins to slip and falls down"

Chang Wuan : NOO! IF I FALL I WILL TAKE YOU WITH ME!

"As Chang falls into the deep, he throws his hook and grabs Reyna. Reyna starts falling as well. She grabs a piece of stone near the edge at the last possible time. But her hands begin to slip"

Rj: NO! REYNA! HOLD ON! I'M COMING!

"Rj runs as fast as he can to Reyna's location. He crawls to the ground and grabs her hand"

Rj: Reyna...hold on! Please! Don't fall!

Reyna: Rj...I---can't!

Rj: No! no-no...NO! Reyna! Come on girl you can do this!

Reyna: I took quite the beating back there. I'm not sure if I can hold. I must let go or he will survive and kill you too!

Rj: NO! Hold on! Please!

"Tears come out of Rj's eyes"

Rj: Aghh! I may not admit it Reyna, but you are the best. I am very lucky to have you as a sister and if I lose you, I...I wont live. We always passed all the difficulties of life together. Why not now? Why...?!

Reyna: Rj...I---

Rj: You are the best sister in the world, Reyna. I wouldn't exchange you with anyone else..!Reyna: Well in that case ...

"Reyna, then, activates her boot-thrusters and quickly, with high heat, melts Chang's metal hook. Chang then falls down as Reyna flies up. Rj is relieved. He runs to hug her"

Rj: Reyna! Oh don't you do that to me ever again, you hear me?! EVER!

Reyna: Heh. You've got it brother.

Rj: But...wait a second. Couldn't you do it before? I mean...you knew you had it...right?

Reyna: Of course I knew it silly! I just wanted to hear some baby cries coming out of you.

Rj: WHY YOU LITTLE...Ah. You know what? I'm not even mad. Come here!

Reyna: Aw!

"Dimitri approaches the twins"

Dimitri: Ghm...Gh...hm...Umm guys? Is no one going to thank me?

Rj: Oh please if I hadn't threatened you, you would have let us die.

Dimitri: Why you---Ah, Whatever. Just get your ship and get the hell out of here. Don't you ever bring a guy like this here ever again.

Rj: Well that depends. Let's go Reyna.

Reyna: I'm happy we made it out alive. But to be honest...I had no doubt.

Rj: Yeah. Me neither sister. Me neither...

0