Chapter 4 – A Trip to Cyprus
65 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

["A Trip to Cyprus"]

{Time: 21:30 PM}
{Location: Lefkosia - Cyprus}

"Some hours later, the twins reached Cyprus. While walking, they came across a souvenir store"

Rj: Here is the store. Let's head inside.

Reyna: A souvenir store? Are you sure this is the place?

Rj: I am very sure. I have my intel. Just, let me do the talking, alright? Now let's go.

"The two head inside the souvenir store. Two people are also inside"

Shop merchant: Hey! Customers!

"The man calls his partner to come quickly, in Greek"

Nikos: Yes hello. I am Nikos! What would you like to get? We have medium size, large size, pictures of the Island. You name it!

Rj: Hello Nikos. Can I speak to the original manager? The man who owns this place? I need to speak with him privately.

Nikos: The manager you say eh? Well he is not here. We are his sons. We can do the same work as him.

Rj: I doubt it. See, I am an...old customer of his. Do you know where he is?

Nikos: Well you've just missed him I am afraid. He went out for some business.

Rj: What business? Pardon me, but I really need to speak with him.

Nikos: Well he just said, he's going to a bar.

Rj: Alright, thank you. Let's go.

Reyna: Do you know how many bars does Cyprus have? We didn't learn anything from that guy.

Rj: Oh, I know this god forsaken scum of a man.

Reyna: Oh, let me guess, another one of your works without me? Just like Dimitri. All over again.

Rj: Don't act like that.

Reyna: Ah, whatever. Alright, so...

Rj: So, the "bar" is an underground gamester club. It's not far from here. Come on.

Reyna: Alright then. But we really need to talk about our work. Seriously. I feel like there's more secrets you're hiding from me.

"A few moments later, they are outside the gamester club. A guard is in front of the door and it doesn't seem like he lets everyone pass...Once the twins get closer the guard stops them and asks for the password, in Greek"

Rj: Do you happen to speak English?

Security: The password or no entry.

Rj: Um...It's uh...

"The guard didn't speak English all that well..."

Security: You know password or I kick you in arse to leave?

Reyna: Rj?

Rj: Well...

Reyna: Oh for the love of. Okay then, my turn.

"Reyna turned on a more seductive tone and approached the guard"

Reyna: Excuse me, sir. Do you happen to...work out? Because muscles are a favourite of mine.

Rj: Ah...this is never going to work.

Security: Well he-he. What say I show you muscles and you give me number, eh?

Rj: Never mind...I take that back.

Reyna: Well then. Wanna come follow me to that corner there and show me some...tricks?

Security: Sure thing, lady!

"A few seconds later, a blue light can be seen coming out of the corner. Sparks, too"

Reyna: Well then. Let's get going.

Rj: How did you---You know what? Never mind. Let's go find that bastard.

"The twins proceed inside the gamester club. The patrons can be seen playing lucky games, while others have female company sitting with them on the couch"

"Hey what is he doing? That's clearly a trick! Hey!"

"Fuck! I had this!"

"Peter, don't screw me up like this man. I need to borrow 5.000 credits, come on! I'm losing here! Big time!"

"WHAT? 25? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? FUCK MY LIFE ALREADY!"

Reyna: [coughs] Ugh this place stinks. It smells like rotten shit in here. Plus all that smoke from the cigarettes.

Rj: Come on. He's just above us. See the stairs? It leads to his office. He owns the place here.

Reyna: And his sons know nothing?

Rj: Looked like they did? Come on.

"While next to the stairs, they see another guard"

Security: Sorry. No entry.

Rj: Ah not again. I don't have time for this.

"Rj punches the man and knocks him out. Nobody heard a thing, mostly due to the loud music and everyone yelling. He quickly hides the body behind a big flower pot and proceeds upstairs. Once there they can see the guy speaking to his phone. They wait for a bit and when the manager puts down his phone, he turns the other way and notices them. He recognises Rj and tries to press the button under his desk to call for backup. But Rj sees that and reaches for his sidearm"

Rj: Oh, I don't think so.

"Rj and Reyna aim at him to prevent him from pressing it"

Manager: Hm....It's...you. The little guy from London who tried to set me up. I had forgotten all about your case.

Rj: Hello there, Thanos. I advice you to think of your next action very wisely, if you value your meaningless life.

Thanos: You've got me good. What can I say. Now what exactly do you want from me?

Rj: Information. You surely "saw" some guys flying here. Nothing gets passed without you noticing it. Specially when it comes to...weapons. Ain't that right?

Thanos: I said what do you want.

Rj: Does the name Rahan ring any bells? I'm sure you met with him. You must know where it's going to take place.

Thanos: No. Sorry. I saw no one. Now if you'll excuse me I---

Rj: You're lying. You either tell me or I shoot you in the face.

Thanos: I will say nothing unless you pay me first. 5.000 credits.

Rj: You can't be serious. 1.500.

Thanos: 3.000.

Rj: 1.750.

Thanos: Uh...2.900.

Rj: 1.000 or I shoot your brains out of your empty skull!

Thanos: FINE! 1.000...

Rj: Now spit it. The location.

Thanos: It's on Pergamos. I'm transferring the exact position now. Here. Happy? Now give me the money and get lost.

Rj: Here.

"Rj hands him the cash"

Rj: Happy to negotiate. Goodbye, scum.

"Rj and Reyna walk out of the room, while Thanos monologues to himself"

Thanos: If you two think you can just aim at me and get away so easily, you have another thing coming. You wanted to get information from Rahan? Well, let's inform him, then!

"The twins then exit the building and start heading back to their ship"

Reyna: So, now that we're clear. Who the bloody hell was this guy...Thanos? And how did he know so much about this transaction?

Rj: Rey. Like I told you. That was back when I worked without you. Long story short, I found out that this guy is...let's say responsible for many "bad" things.

Reyna: Yeah. No shit, Sherlock. Like what? The usual?

Rj: Mostly the usual. Human trafficking, weapon smuggling and all that jazz. Even organ trafficking, to be honest. Plus whatever's on the menu.

Reyna: You mean, whatever pays well.

Rj: Aye aye, ma'am. Ain't nothing illegal going on here on this island without him knowing about it. Cyprus used to be clean, once.

Reyna: I see. And what about Victus? Why did he choose Cyprus to take the weapons to Rexus Prime?

Rj: Wish I knew. He must have his reasons. Moreover, security doesn't count for Jack shit over here. It's one of the least defended places on Earth, I'm telling you! Corrupt as fuck.

Reyna: Even though EUF has a tight grip in general.

Rj: Yeah. That's bullcrap and you know that.

Reyna: I do. But how come you know that much about this place in particular, anyway?

Rj: Let's say that...work without you often does wonders!

Reyna: Oh no you didn't! Take that back!

Rj: Heh. No... Now let's see here.

"Rj, then, checks the location marked on his map"

Rj: Hmm, what is that?

Reyna: Let me see. Huh. Looks like an abandoned wood cutting factory.

Rj: Hm...this thing is quite huge.

Reyna: Totally sure they will be meeting there. Perfect spot.

Rj: Yeah, guards on the outside, no police in the vicinity, no say. Okay. Let's head for the raptor.

Reyna: Another easy day, brother?

Rj: Yeah. You bet.

0