Chapter 11 – Missing Personnel
37 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

["Missing Personnel"]

{Loaction: EUF HQ - Washington DC}

"All four arrive at EUF's new HQ in Washington DC. Their journey has only just started"

Rj: Here we are.

{{ Communications: Online }}

Rj: This is Rj Frost, requesting permission to dock, over.

Operator: Affirmative. You have permission to land at Dock bay 2A.

Rj: Copy that. Ah...Here we go guys. Let's see what awaits us inside.

"The 4 individuals dock and proceed inside the headquarters. It's the first time for all of them"

Rj: Wow! That's the new HQ, eh? Darn. Looks good!

Reyna: Huh, looks nice.

Susan: Look at that! Incredible!

Zeon: I'm still amazed on how humans managed to even create civilization while murdering each other...But yes, the building is nice overall.

Reyna: Well, we're here. And we have work to do. Where's the Commander in charge?

"Suddenly, someone appears from a corner. They all see him. It's a white American man in his late fourties with short millitary brown hair"

Commander: You have him right in front of you young lady.

Reyna: And you are?

Commander Welkings: I'm Commander John Welkings. Commander in charge of the 301st EUF Operator division. Ah, I see you must be Morgan's special mercenaries. Well then. Welcome to the new upgraded HQ! Though, I already know about you twins. So who might you two be? Names?

Susan: I'm Susan and this android over here is Zeon, sir. I have some...personal experiences with Victus. He...ordered his men to kill my father. And...some other things.

Commander Welkings: I see. Very well then. You'll have to complete the necessary paperwork of course. But that's nothing to concern you with. With Morgan's recommendation and sign I think everything is in order already.

Rj: So, commander. What was the message all about? Did something happen?

Commander Welkings: Indeed Rj. It's urgent. You see, Victus is pushing very far to win this war. And we can't let him move much further. Our positions are failing. One after another. Every victory we take is pyrrhic.

Reyna: So...it's just the usual? Running around, killing bad guys, helping ours?

Commander Welkings: No, Reyna. It's something more than that. I need you all for some special missions. Some of them include rescuing captured agents of ours. See, a week ago there was an ongoing mission to steal plans for advanced weapons that Victus wanted to make. Maybe WMDs again. No one knows. It's kept secret. There were 2 skilled agents who got ambushed by the enemy. Before you know, our agents were spared, but are now kept prisoners. If those Rexians think they can get any information out of them, they have another thing coming. But I don't want my agents to die, either. So you must be ready. For your next mission is a rescuing one.

Reyna: Any info on were they were ambushed? Or maybe even currently kept?

Commander Welkings: Mission was on planet Ferus. In the Outer Rim. It's name comes because of it's lava and heat. We don't exactly know what caused it because it's not close to the sun to be burning. But according to scientists, there must have been a number of asteroid collisions that caused it's temperature to rise significantly. Anything from lava rivers to lava "seas" can be found there. Only about a 30% of the planet has touchable land.

Rj: Wait. I've heard of it. That planet has like 100 degrees Celsius in there! We're going to roast...and pretty fast.

Reyna: Ah, don't be silly, Rj. It's just another "warm" planet. That's all.

Rj: No. Venus is another "warm planet". Ferus is a friken lava planet!

Reyna: Hey, if the Rexies can survive down there, then so can you.

Rj: I'm not fan of the heat. Just letting you know.

Susan: You guys...

Commander Welkings: ...So as I was saying, their mission was on Ferus. We don't exactly know where they are held, but maybe you can track their signal down. Every agent is given a tracking device. It's well hidden. Like a nano-chip.

Rj: Oh great! Yeah, throw me in a very hot planet filled with lava, trying to track down 2 lads while wondering around, because we don't even know where the fuck they're at!

Reyna: Rj...Now you're being hysterical. I'm sure it won't be that much of a deal. Signal will be easy to track down. We just have to follow it.

Rj: I...ah. Damnit, Rey. Okay, fine!

Commander Welkings: Good...now that you all agree, we can get down to business. If you want, we can escort you to your living quarters.

Susan: Ah finally, some bed and sleep! Haven't relaxed for almost 2 days. You...um...serve food in here?

Commander Welkings: Of course. Our facilities are well supplied and well equipped. The food in the cafeteria is free and of course you can get refills in all of your drinks.

Susan: Anything for my pal here? Maybe, maintenance...new weapons...If that's...not a problem of course.

Commander Welkings: No problem at all...uh...

Susan: Susan.

Commander Welkings: ...Susan. Lovely name young lady. Your robot---

Zeon: Android...actually..I'm Zeon.

Commander Welkings: Yes...Zeon...over here he can suit himself to whatever he likes. Upgrades, armour, weapons, you name it. All EUF certified.

Susan: Ah. Finally!

Commander Welkings: When you're ready, follow me.

Rj: This is it guys. It's going to be adventurous! I mean...more than just hit n' run. Like we used to...

Reyna: Yeah. Adventures are our "speciality".

Susan: Hey guys. I wanted to thank you. Until now, everything is perfect. I've finally got somewhere safe and nice to stay. And a perfect chance to hit Victus where it hurts. I...can't thank you enough. And...I...We...are sorry for pointing guns at you and tried to kill you...earlier.

"Reyna smiles for a bit"

Reyna: No problem Susan.

Rj: Hey, if we're going to do this, then we'll do it together! Am I right?

Zeon: Indeed you are, Rejar.

Rj: OK now, wait a minute...how does Zeon know my full name?

Reyna: Oh, this is going to be awesome!

"A few hours later, our friends are fully equiped and ready"

Reyna: So...Are we all set and ready to go?

Rj: Yup.

Susan: Absolutely.

Zeon: I'm well equipped.

Rj: Rey, wait. He didn't even tell us who we're looking for. I mean...names...you know. Gender maybe.

Susan: I suppose then, that we'll have to ask him.

"The team then proceeds to Welkings's office. They seek more answers but the commander seems unable to answer to their additional questions"

Commander Welkings: I can't tell you much about them. Sorry guys. It's a matter of safety. At least, not until they are back. But you're looking for an Asian man and a white-haired woman. Their code names are "Phantom" and "Jewel". They'll tell you more once you are there.

Susan: Ok. Just rescuing then. Shouldn't be too hard.

Commander Welkings: Well not only that. See, my agents were going after the weapon plans. Those plans are still in there. I'm sure they'll know more. Put the mission first, agents. Now. Get ready and report to Sergeant Gravil at the docking bay. Your ship has also been upgraded with EUF tech weaponry and stronger shields as well. You'll be taking that to missions more often than you think. Dismissed, agents.

Susan: You know...I'm pretty much covered with that.

Reyna: Yeah, me too. Let us not waste any more time.

Rj: Agreed. Let's report to the Sergeant, then. Shall we?

Zeon: Indeed we shall, Rejar.

Rj: Okay, I'll need to ask you to stop saying this.

"All four report to the sergeant. Once they're ready, they hit the skies. A few more hours have passed. Once close to the hot planet, their escort leaves them and they continue silently into Ferus. The planet is currently under Rexian control, but their small ship managed to sneak in, despite a few enemy patrols. They land their ship in the area where the signal gets stronger"

{Planet: Ferus}
{Location: The Outer Rim}
{Temperature: 65+ oC}
{H2O: 45-57%}
{O2: 18-20%}
{Life Support: Medium > Low}
{External Support Needed: Yes}
{Description: Lava Planet}
{Earth Similarity: 0.59}

Rj: Huh, at least the suit cooler keeps me nice and comfy...

Reyna: Any of you guys got anything?

Susan: Negative.

Zeon: Negative, Reyna.

Rj: Wait...what's that?

Reyna: Let me check. Hm...looks like...a destroyed ship.

Rj: What? Hurry let's go.

"The team approaches the ship"

Reyna: That's...maybe it. That's their ship. Looks to me they had a hard crash. You think they're dead?

Susan: No...Welkings said they have tracking chips. They can't be dead. Or else they'd know.

Reyna: I'm not so sure about that, though.

Zeon: Hm...

Rj: Great...Last thing we need is searching for dead men.

Susan: We must keep heading forward. I'm positive that something will come up.

Reyna: I agree with Susie.

Rj: Well. There are two solid paths from what I can see. Maybe they went left.

Zeon: I see no signs or footprints of them in a 300 meter radius.

Rj: Ok, then. We must keep going and follow their signal where it get's even stronger. Follow me.

Reyna: What was that? Finally someone found the courage to lead in a planet full of hot lava?!

Rj: Don't remind me of that. The cooling inside almost made me forget about it.

Susan: Right. Let's follow the signal, then. Shall we?

"The team followed the signal that would hopefully lead them to their objective's location. After a while they stumble upon a large millitary encampment"

Susan: Guys...I think this is the spot.

Rj: Huh. That's quite a fortified military camp, let me tell you that.

Susan: Zeon...any point of entry?

Zeon: I spot only one main entrance, full guarded. No cameras. Light defence systems surround the encampment.

Reyna: See if you can find a weak spot, Zeon.

Zeon: Hm...Yes. That's it. There is a lightly patrolled area in the east corner. From the air duct.

Rj: Take out the patrol and head right for the duct then.

Reyna: Eh. Looks big enough. We'll fit.

Susan: Yeah, but not with our suits on.

Reyna: Sure thing. Ok guys, get ready to heat-up!

Rj: Oh no. Oh no, no-no!

Reyna: Oh please. Man the hell up, would you?

Rj: Damnit Rey! I knew this shit was going to happen...Fuck. Alright! Ah...Goodbye suit. You were good company. I will feel your cool everytime I think about you.

Susan: Does he always do things like that?

Reyna: Please. You haven't even seen half of that.

"After a while, the four proceed to the air duct"

Rj: Well guys. Ladies first!

Reyna: I'll lead the way. Rj stay behind me. Have your sidearm out for any case.

Rj: Copy.

"After that, they proceed inside"

Rj: Turns out it's not as big as I thought. Where do you think it leads?

Susan: Encampment air ducts mostly supply the kitchen.

Rj: Kitchen? Great. Just what I needed. More heat.

Reyna: Wait, Susan. How do you know that?

Susan: I---That's a story for...another time.

Zeon: Using X-ray to scan below us. Just as Susan said. It's the kitchen.

Susan: Well it's a dead end here. Looks like we'll have to drop. Zeon, any enemies?

Zeon: One second...No. We're clear.

Reyna: OK everyone. Drop.

"The team drops down in the kitchen area. No one is there. Some of the ovens are still working"

Susan: Nice. Zeon. Do an area scan. Look for the cells. Search underground as well if you have to.

Zeon: Copy that...Here it is. Found them.

Reyna: Nice. Let's move.

"The squad carefully walk outside to head for the cells, with no one spotting them. Some seconds later they arrive next to a cell where the signal is coming from"

Reyna: [Whispering] Guys. This is it. Ah darn. It's locked.

Zeon: I've got this

"Zeon equips a laser-cutter coming out from a mechanism on his wrist and opens the cell door"

Rj: Nice one, Zeon. Let's go.

"The four proceed inside where a torturer is questioning two tied-up individuals"

Torturer: I'm not going to ask twice. Tell me what I need to know now, or there'll be more electrocution coming your way.

"The man spits at the torturer"

Woman: Piss off.

Torturer: That's it. I'm gonna----

Soldier 1: Aghh---

Soldier 2: Ahhh!

"All of a sudden, the four charge in and take the guards out"

Torturer: What? Who the hell are you?

Zeon: None of your business I'm afraid.

"Zeon shoots the torturer in the face. Moving in, they see the two individuals. A woman and a man. Both are in their early thirties. The woman is of American descent. She has average length grey-coloured hair dropping on the sides, while her eyes are yellow. The man is an asian male with his hair shaved on his left side and curved on the other. He also appears to have a mustache and a semi-shaved beard. Unique about the man is that he has two parallel lines forming an "S" coming from the shaved part of his head"

Man: Who are you..?

Reyna: Name's Reyna. That's Rj, Susan and the android is Zeon.

Woman: I think that androids look more like humans...

Zeon: I'm half actually. And you're welcome for saving you and arriving just on time.

Man: I didn't need your help. I was about to set myself free.

Woman: Yeah, sure you were. I want to believe that Commander Welkings sent you, right? I'm Jewel. That man there is code name Phantom.

Reyna: Yeah we know who you are.

Jewel: Okay. Then we---ahh...

"The woman drops on her knees"

Susan: Are you alright? Can you move?

Jewel: Yeah. It's...just that...fucking electrocution. I'll be fine.

Reyna: We also found your ship. Looks pretty destroyed.

Jewel: They were waiting for us. Had their missiles ready.

Susan: Welkings also told us that your mission was to steal some plans. Correct?

Phantom: Indeed. We can't leave without them.

Jewel: We think they're plans for space ship super weapons. Frontal massive cannons.

Rj: Any idea where they're at? The schematics, I mean.

Jewel: From what we know...Officer's room. Just opposite of this building. No other place they could keep them.

Phantom: You can say that again. This camp is a big fat mess.

Reyna: Great. Grab some of those weapons and let's go.

Jewel: Don't order us around and we'll be just fine, miss.

Reyna: No I---

Phantom: Hey cut it out, will ya? No worries. She's just messing with you. Come on, let's go.

"The team heads to the building. They silently shoot the guard in front of the door"

Guard: Ahh!

Jewel: Guard's down. Phantom, you, Rj and Zeon stay here. Girls with me.

Reyna: Copy.

Susan: Roger that.

"The women then proceed inside the elevator to reach the officer's room"

Jewel: Weapons ready?

Susan: Yes.

Reyna: Affirmative.

Jewel: Good.

"The elevator doors open"

Guard: What the--?

Jewel: Open fire!

"All guards are put down from the fire, within seconds"

Officer: What. Who are you all? How did you get in here?

"The officer is holding the weapon plans in his hands. Jewel aims and shoots him"

Jewel: Phantom, we've got the plans.

Phantom: Nice. We are waiting for you down here.

"Suddenly a guard comes in"

Guard: What the hell? Intruders!

"The guard activates his communicator and sets the alarm"

Jewel: Oh shit!

"Jewel shoots the guard but it's already too late as all of the garrison has been alerted"

Susan: Dammit!

Rexian Soldier: Go go go!

Rexian Soldier: What the crap's going on?

Rexian Soldier: Holy fuck. The alarm! Guys! We're being attacked!

"The soldiers start firing at the team"

Phantom: God damn. Start firing guys! Ah, what the hell Jewel? You said you had it under control! We're being fired upon! I don't think we'll last long!

Reyna: Wait...You see what I'm seeing?

Susan: Is that a hover vehicle?

Reyna: Yes. And we're going to need to "borrow" it from them.

Jewel: What? Can you even reach it from here?

Reyna: Don't worry. We have grapples.

"Reyna fires a grapple shot to the other building's roof where the vehicle is located"

Reyna: Ok everyone. Jump!

"The girls jump and with a mechanism they quickly head for the other side while fired upon from below. Once close, Reyna jumps in and quickly takes both pilots out. The rest hop on shortly after"

Phantom: Jewel...Jewel! Fuck. Kate! Where are you?

Rj: Great. I'm running low on ammo.

Zeon: I'm almost out as well.

"Suddenly Rj get's shot in the arm"

Rj: Ah. Fuck! My arm!

Phantom: KATE! IF YOU ARE LISTENING TO ME, WE NEED AID! NOW!

"Suddenly the large fighter vehicle comes from behind and opens fire on the Rexian soldiers"

Jewel: Come aboard! Quick! They're bringing heavy weapons!

"A missile almost hits the fighter. The others come aboard. Zeon picks Rj up and brings him in"

Reyna: Rj. Are you OK?

Rj: I'll be fine. Just a little, ahh, scratch. That's all.

Reyna: I'll put pressure on the wound.

Jewel: Reyna, where is your ship? This one can't fly us to space!

Reyna: No worries. I have the coordinates.

Jewel: Got it. Phantom, Susan, Zeon, cover us!

"Phantom, Susan and Zeon open the back of the fighter and fire to cover their escape. There's a fearsome exchange of fire. After a while, when being far from the enemy, our team reaches their ship"

Reyna: Darn...He's losing blood. Susan, get some more bandages from the aid kit!

Susan: Gosh, that's a big wound.

Rj: I---

Reyna: He's been hit with a heavy round. He's losing a lot of blood...Oh no, Rj! Stay with me! Rj! Stay----

"Rj blacks out"

{Location: 301st HQ - Washington}
{Planet: Earth}
{Condition: Stabilised}
{Blood: 70% > 72% }
{Injuries: Minor}

"Some time later, he wakes up in the hospital bed. He sees all three members of his team"

Rj: What...What happened? Guys?

Reyna: Rj, you're alright!

"Reyna runs and hugs her brother"

Rj: Woah...Reyna...I'm...I'm fine. Jesus.

Susan: We're all glad you're okay Rj!

Zeon: Indeed we are.

Rj: Thanks guys. Darn. Was I really hit that bad?

Reyna: Big round through your arm. Almost hit an artery. Yeah...you can say it was pretty bad. Dammit Rj...you were losing a lot of blood. Don't you ever scare me like that, ever again!

Rj: Yeah. I'll try sis'.

"Rj tries to stand"

Reyna: Woah hey. Don't get up that fast!

Rj: Jeez, I'm fine Rey. Stop worrying already.

Reyna: Lay here for a while. When you're feeling alright, let us know.

Rj: Yup. Sure thing. I'll just sit my ass here for an hour.

"After a while, when Rj is up and running again, they head to the commander's room"

Jewel: Nice. I see your gab here has fully recovered.

Rj: Thanks. But I think it's high time we know who you are.

Commander Welkings: Go ahead...

Kate: My name is Kate Cross. The..."Phantom" over there is Max Cortez.

Max: Hey.

Kate: We're spies. Special Operators actually. Fighting for EUF. Professionals.

Commander Welkings: Nice. I can see you are all introduced. Well, you better learn to fight like a team. Because from now on you will become one. I'm temporarily merging you four with Kate and Max. Congratulations Rj, Reyna, Susan and Zeon. Or should I say...Non-commissioned agents.

Rj: We're agents now? Sweet!

Commander Welkings: In one way, yes. Not full agents like these two, though. Consider it a promotion from simple mercenaries.

Reyna: Nice!

Susan: Alright!

Commander Welkings: Your work is only just beginning, guys. Each mission will be tougher than the previous one. Each success will be a victory over Victus. We are saving our people...Our colonists in our controlled planets. Some are still under Rexian control that need to be liberated. But all in due time. Now...for the plans. It's exactly as my agents here thought. The Rexians are trying to build "super"-ships, as they name it. Thanks to you, they won't be making them any time soon. Now go take some rest guys. All of you. You've earned it. I'll see you tomorrow. Be ready.

Susan: Another great day, eh guys?

Zeon: Indeed, Susan. Indeed.

0