Chapter 14 – Over Rexus Prime
50 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

["Over Rexus Prime"]

"About half of EUF's fleet is above Rexus Prime. The UF Prime Minister Mr. Duke Wellington is awaiting Victus's response. News all over the galaxy are showing this to all the colonists and humans. People from Earth are anxiously waiting to see what is going to happen from the comfort of their homes and many from the main plaza in every country of the planet. In the meanwhile people inside Rexus Prime are terrified and afraid of their future. They await in the streets watching the big TVs and holograms"

"Mom...I'm...I'm afraid."

"We all are, honey...we all are."

"Martha...I love you. I'm sorry for everything. I truly am! I hope one day you can forgive me."

"And to think...I thought I was going to die...from my sickness."

"No...dad, you're going to be alright!"

"Am I, dear? Are we all going to be alright..?"

Duke Wellington: I am waiting for an answer Victus... The war is over! Do it for your people.

"Victus smiles and then laughs"

Victus: Over? ...We are just getting started.

"Victus shuts off the communicator. Everyone is surprised but also confused with what Victus said. Now they wait to see what happens next"

"Meanwhile. Back at 301st HQ"

Susan: What the...

Reyna: What? What was that all about?

Rj: Yeah, what is Duke going to do now?

Kate: Invade? I...guess?

Max: I don't know guys...I don't like where this is going.

Zeon: This is...surprisingly out of plan.

Operator 1: What was that? You heard the guy? What is taking the PM so long to respond?

Operator 2: Yeah, come on Duke! Just invade them already! Damn those Rexians. They like to play with us.

TV informer: The...transmission is gone. What was that? What is the Prime minister Duke Wellington going to do about all of that, ladies and gentlemen? What will be his response to that...nonsense, really?

"Meanwhile, in Admiral David Morgan's Capital ship over Rexus Prime"

David Morgan: What...happened?

Crew 1: Hey...have you noticed that all of this seemed too easy?

Crew 2: No kidding. I mean...we only met but a few resistance...Now this. But, wait a second...where is the rest of their fleet?!

Crew 1: Yeah. What in the world? How come we didn't meet any here?

David Morgan: What? Corporal, what are you talking ab----

Crew 3: Sir! Sir! It's urgent! You must see this! I'm getting many hostile signals about 100 Mega meters away from us! Approaching! Fast!

"Morgan rushes to the frigate's control room"

David Morgan: What? Let me see!

Crew 4: Oh no. They keep getting more and more! Screen is literally filled with red dots!

"The sound from the radar keeps getting more powerful and frequent. When suddenly...it stops"

Crew 3: What the..?

Crew 4: You think it was...nothing? Maybe it needs some calibrating.

Crew 3: Are you kidding me man? Then what were all those dots in my screen?

Crew 4: I---

"David looks from the ship's cockpit as he sees many Rexian ships, transporters and frigates coming out from supercruise to their position. They catch the UF fleet totally by surprise. Enemy frigates arrive, one by one. They open fire as soon as they come in contact with a hostile ship"

Commander 1: EVERYONE! TO YOUR POSTS! RETURN FIRE!

Commander 2: FIGHTERS! ENGAGE THE ENEMY! GO-GO-GO!

"All hell breaks loose as fighters come out literally the last second to resist the enemy attack. UF and Rexian fighters and frigates are all over the place. But EUF ships are dropping down one after the other"

David Morgan: Return fire, return fire!

EUF Crew: AAHH!

"In a frigate, a part breaks and everyone is thrown out in space"

"Someone please! Help me! I'm stuck! I don't want to die!"

"Nick! Hold my hand!"

"I don't think I can hold for much longer! Oh shit! Oh no no no aghh!"

Frigate commander 3: We're hit, we're hi------[static]

Frigate commander 5: We're falling! I repeat! We are fallin------[static]

Frigate commander 10: There are too many of them! We must fall b------[static]

Crew: Sir what do we do?

David Morgan: I...I---

{{ Communications: On }}

Captain Jadd: This is captain Jadd of ERS "Hermes" Frigate. I request reinforcements, quick! Someone has boarded my ship! The main power generator is out. There is nothing but dark in here! I can hear my men getting slaughtered! I----

"Enemies appear in front of the captain"

Captain Jadd: ...You! I will not surrender my ship to you! COME AND FACE ME! I CAN TAKE YOU ALL OUT!

"Suddenly the hostiles disappear in the dark"

Captain Jadd: What---?

"A woman appears from the back"

Woman: Hello captain. [Static]

"The captain looks in front. Terrified. Meanwhile, back at Morgan's ship, Captain Jadd's signal is lost"

{{ Communications: Error - Off - Error }}

Crew: Sir! SIR WHAT DO WE DO?!

Crew: We can't stay here! This is suicide! Two of our capital ships have fallen! It's only us and a few others remaining!

David Morgan: Wait. I got orders from the Prime Minister! Everyone! retreat back to base! Transfer all powers to engines and prepare to hyper jump!

"After some time of serious fighting, everyone is retreating and is ready to hyper jump. Some frigates don't make it to a safe position. They are fired upon by the Rexians. And some others lose control and hit another friendly ship breaking it to half"

David Morgan: READY!----NOW! JUMP TO HYPER SPACE!

"About a 20% of the ships survive the ambush and return back to base. Five percent almost intact and 15% badly damaged. From the 3 heavy capital ships that were on Rexus Prime, only Admiral David Morgan's survived"

"Everyone watched live as the cameras were transmitting some of the fight in space, before they got destroyed by projectiles. Many Rexians cheer for their fleet's victory, while the people of Earth are shocked and terrified by that huge loss. No one knows what is going to happen now". After a few hours, David Morgan arrives at 301st HQ. The situation is dire. The United Front prime minister has requested an instant meeting at the white house at Washington DC"

Rj: DAVID!

Reyna: David! Oh thank god you're alright! We were shocked!

Susan: Admiral what happened in there?

Kate: Sir, are you alright? Do you require medical assistance?

David Morgan: I'm alright everyone. It's good to see you too, twins. No need to worry about me...

Welkings: Admiral! I'm glad to see you're safe and sound. What happened in there? The Prime Minister called for a meeting at the white house. This is very important to say the least!

David Morgan : Indeed, commander. Everything was under control. But yet nothing seemed alright. Before we know it, an entire fleet attacked our flanks and caught us totally by surprise. It's the remnants of Jupiter and Neptune's fleet that had fled elsewhere. About almost half of EUF's fleet is...is gone...The lives...the...effort...It's...it's all gone---

Welkings: You did your best, David. Nothing more you could do. This man managed to turn the tide of war...where everything seemed to favour us.

Rj: So what happens now?

Reyna: For the Prime-minister to hold a council...it is very important indeed. We'll have to see what happens at take it from there.

Zeon: Indeed.

Welkings: Everyone at your stations. Gear up. Be ready...the war has just began...

0