Chapter 33 – The Good, The Bad and Vicky
50 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

["The Good, The Bad and Vicky"]

"After their arrival on the station the team headed towards the barracks in order to change clothes and cool off. After they exited the elevator they heard some soldiers talking"

“Hey you heard? They say Victus is back”

“Finally. Someone to take things at his own hands”

“Are you sure? Last time we lost if you remember”

“This time it will be different. I am sure of it”

“Yea whatever dude. I hope you have a body-bag ready”

Gideon: Clearly opinions are divided.

Kayle: I don’t think everyone is willing to accept his return.

"As they were talking, the door opened and Bren walked inside"

“Admiral on deck”

Bren: At ease.

Leonev: Good to see you Admiral. You saved our skin back there. But where did you come from? We thought you were captured or dead.

"Bren sat on a piece of furniture and took a good look at the team"

Bren: When the treaty was signed, EUF command sent ships to hunt my fleet. It took us a month to completely hide. I almost lost everything. The fleet was split. Then we just waited. When General Pyke informed me about our little “reunion”, me and my captains were ready. We waited for the perfect moment. We don’t have much but it is better than nothing. Meanwhile we still try to come in contact with any Rexian warships out there.

"Suddenly, a female voice was heard, announcing something"

“Agents Falcrac, Gillev, Harril and Jakobin report on the command bridge in one hour”

Bren: You better eat something and get some rest. I will see you later.

"One hour later"

Victus: Lady and...gentlemen. Are you ready for a trip?

Iren: Excuse me, sir?

Victus: I just got informed that a team of EUF operatives entered Lion’s Gate and tried to sabotage us. Their plan failed and two got captured. Usually I would just order their execution but I am pretty sure I know who these people are. And I am not going to let them get out of this situation with a simple bullet to head.

Gideon: I thought they had the planet under a blockade. And a big one.

Kayle: Not so many ships actually. Most of them returned to their fleets after the war. We could also use the anti-space defenses of the city but they locked the whole system before evacuating it.

Victus: Don’t worry about that, agent. We have someone working on this situation. So as I was saying. You four are coming with me. I don’t trust anyone else for now. And something else. I know that before the end of the war Commander Falcrac and his team lost a member during a conflict when they were protecting one of our Admirals. Seeing that you are cooperating so well with them I have to ask Mr. Jakobin. Would you like to become the new member of Fireteam Darkstar?

"Leonev was surpriced. After Sivia’s death, he never thought of recruiting a new agent"

Kayle: It will be an honor sir. But it is not my decision that matters.

Victus: Commander?

Leonev: Yes. I...accept. Kayle Jakobin, as of today...you are now an official member of Darkstar.

Gideon: I guess technically he deserves it anyway. He is the one that found us.

Victus: Since everyone is happy. Let’s begin. We will be using a military transport. And as I said. Only we five are going. Gear up. We will meet in the hangar in ten minutes.

"The team got ready, boarded the shuttle and headed towards Rexus Prime. Once they exited from the hyperspace, the first thing they noticed was the small amount of ships in orbit. Suddenly a very fast projectile came from the surface and struck one the ships causing a large explosion. More projectiles started appearing as the anti-space cannons were now controlled by the Rexian forces on the ground"

Victus: Now that we have the chance! Go!

"As they were descending into the planet, Lion’s Gate came at their point of view. The city was at chaos. Many buildings were badly damaged, and other were completely destroyed. Bodies of soldiers and civilians were covering the streets. The planet’s control centre, the Grand Palace, no longer existed as one corvette has crushed atop of the building. One more ship was lying in the middle of the city"

Kayle: Look at all that destruction. Let’s hope the other cities made it through without any scratch.

"The ship landed next to a huge warehouse at the designated location. A soldier wearing a beret approached them"

Rexian Soldier: Sir. Good to see you back in action. Hope you had a pleasant journey.

Victus: Cut the formalities sergeant. Where are they?

Rexian Soldier: We have them tied and ready. But I don’t understand. Why all that hassle for two...kids?

Victus: These “kids” have caused more trouble than you can think of, soldier.

Rexian Soldier: Uh...Yes, sir! This way, then.

"The sergeant led them inside a room located on the edge of the warehouse. It was a small office where presumably the head of the warehouse used to work. Inside that room a man and a woman had their hands and legs tied to the chairs that they were sitting on"

Rj: Oh look. Its little Jim and the dick brigade. How are you doing Vicky? Damn man. You look old as fuck. How’s family? Heard you were in pri---

"Before managing to finish his sentence, Victus punched him in the face"

Rj: Ouch. That was rude...

Victus: You talk too much. And look who we also have here. How are you doing Miss Rain?

Susan: You dirty scumbag. I swear if I wasn’t tied I would have you and your little bitches over there begging on your knees.

Victus: Wow there. That is not how a lady should talk.

Susan: I will cut off your dick and feed it to your dead father.

Victus: Do you guys ever shut up? Agent Harril please remove her from the room. I will be with her in a minute.

"Gideon grabs Susan and carries her outside"

Victus: Now. Where were we? Oh yes. A knife please.

"Iren gives Victus a knife. He then proceeds to stab Rejar’s right leg"

Rj: AHHHH. SHIT!

Victus: No more jokes I see? What happened boy? Ran out of ideas to piss me off?

"He then punches Rj again"

Victus: Oh yea. Finally. Some payback.

"He grabs Rj from the hair and drags his head back"

Victus: Imagine how annoyed I was, finding out that my forces can’t handle some KIDS and their PET ROBOT. I know. It is such a disgrace. At first I was thinking of having my men deal with you as soon as they captured you. But there are more ways to discipline a kid. So listen to my little plan.

"Victus was getting more furious and his voice was getting louder"

Victus: First, I will bring you and your friend THAT close to dying. But no. I won’t give you the chance to escape that easily. I will throw you to a cell and let you rot. Your friends will surely follow one by one. I don’t care how long it will take to capture them. But I swear I am going to enjoy every single second of the procedure.

Number one will be your robot that your friend stole away from me. I will turn it into scrap.

After that comes your sister. I will probably send her to whoever wants to have some fun. Maybe I will put a bullet to her head at some point. Maybe even no. I haven’t decided yet.

Then I will have to deal with the two agents that keep assisting you. A simple hanging will do for these two. And finally you and your girlfriend. After everything, I will execute you naked and beaten in the middle of the city and the whole galaxy watching. I think neither your luck nor your EUF buddies will save you then.

"Victus turned to the team"

Victus: Commander. You and your boys will deal with our buddy over here. Sergeant Gillev you will come with me. The girl is waiting.

"After Victus and Iren exited the room, Gideon entered again. He left his gun on a table and looked at Rejar"

Gideon: Well...I didn’t know it was my birthday!

"After one hour both were thrown in a dark room with no windows and the door locked behind them. They were full of bruises and scars. Rj couldn’t move. The last thing he remembered before falling unconscious was him and Susan being loaded in a vehicle while blindfolded and being transported somewhere. Their clothes were dirty and some parts were teared off. All their equipment was taken and even their pockets were empty. In the middle of the darkness they tried to reach each other, barely walking"

0