Chapter 35 – New Ways, Same People
37 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

["New Ways, Same People"]

{Planet: Rexus Prime}
{Location: Grand Palace Ruins}

Leonev: Get the injured to a medic. Move - move.

Gideon: Who are these guys?

Leonev: Fergeson street patrol. They got hit pretty badly.

Gideon: This is getting worse with each passing day.

Leonev: I don’t know man. I...

"Iren was coming towards them"

Iren: Commander. He wants to see you...

Gideon: Oh boy. Good luck buddy. He will probably be pissed that these kids made it out. I don't envy you. I am gonna have a cigarette.

Leonev: Do me a favor will you? I sent Kayle to find out if he can gain access to the archive. Or at least what is left of it. He hasn't reported for over two hours. Can you check on him?

Iren: Yep. I am on it.

"About a minute later"

Victus: Ah commander. I was looking for you.

Leonev: Is everything okay, sir?

Victus: Soon it will be. Listen. Recently I got contacted from Alid Jerom. Leader of the Dusk Wings. Ever heard of them?

Leonev: Yea. Small but experienced mercenary group. They take only the best and are expensive as fuck. But what do they want with us? We are broke.

Victus: Actually they are looking for a trade. You see, they will support us with money but they are interested in a member of your team in exchange.

Leonev: No way. I will not allow the team to break.

Victus: I don’t think your decision matters. We don’t have another chance.

Leonev: With all due respect sir. This is bullshit. We took an oath that we must keep, whatever happens. You can’t just---

Victus: LISTEN HERE LIEUTENTANT. IF WE DON’T TAKE THIS DEAL WE ARE DOOMED. THEY WIL TAKE A MEMBER OF YOUR TEAM AND NOTHING WILL STOP THEM FROM DOING IT. DON’T YOU DARE DISOBEY MY ORDERS. I'VE ALREADY SET THE DEAL!

Leonev: You son of a bitch. You are losing your damn mind. I don’t think you have any idea what are you doing. You trust your people’s future on a bunch of mercenaries. At this point it will be better just surrendering to the United Front and leaving the rest to DAMN FATE!

Victus: You better keep your mouth shut if you know what is good for you. Now get of here before I send you and your little group to hell.

Leonev: Where do you think we are, old man..?

"Meanwhile, Darkstar had formed a circle and were drinking. Leonev approached them"

Kayle: Found an intact whiskey bottle. Want some?

Leonev: Eh yes. Pass me a glass.

Gideon: We could hear the argument from over here. What happened?

"After downing the shot he explained the situation"

Gideon: Ah...Motherfucker! Once more he doesn’t care about his troops. Maybe he should stop playing politics and come at the front lines.

Leonev: I am so fucking tired of this. I mean why are we still fighting? We should have rejected Kayle’s proposal and just stay back with the mining operation.

Kayle: Hey dude. I knew the situation was going to be bad. But not that bad. They had me in the dark.

Iren: All that EUF has to do is to make a good offer on the Dusk Wings, better than Victus's...and we are fucked. Damnit old man. What have you gotten us into?

"Leonev turns to Iren"

Leonev: Remember our little talk a few nights before?

Iren: Yes. But forget it. This is a stupid idea

Gideon: Care to inform the rest of us?

Leonev: Since the city has been evacuated, what is preventing us from just leaving and just allowing the Front’s forces to just stomp Victus?

Kayle: This is insubordination and treason at the same time. You can’t be serious.

Leonev: What more do you think we can do? I have been fighting all these years thinking that, at some point, the war will end. But no! We bring the madman out of his cage and he is back at it again! I am done...He wants to die, let him die. I am leaving. Who is coming with me?

Gideon: He is right you know...We are done.

Iren: Even if we leave, where will we go? We'll be hunted down.

Leonev: Kayle I need your help. I need to pass a message to EUF HQ, ASAP. Can you gain access to their network?

Kayle: I can but… Are you sure about this?

Leonev: Yes I am sure. Tell me what you need.

Kayle: I have everything. But this will take time. All our communications are jammed.

Leonev: Split up until we are ready. Gideon you go with Kayle. Anyone comes close give him a good old greeting.

Kayle: Hm. I will probably need to get to the top of that embassy building. What about you two?

Iren: We will make sure that everything looks normal so we don’t raise suspicion.

Leonev: Victus doesn’t trust me. Watch your backs. This can get ugly real fast.

"A few minutes later, the team had scrambled"

Iren: What do you think will happen?

Leonev: Best case scenario they will arrest us and throw away the key. Worst case they will shoot us as soon as they find us.

"At that time, a patrol team was passing by"

Patrol Leader: Good evening, Lieutenant.

Leonev: How is it going Corporal?

Patrol Leader: All good for now, sir. Nothing to report.

"Kayle approached them"

Kayle: Eh commander. I found that weapon cache we were talking about on top of the building.

Leonev: Thanks. I am on my way. Take care Corporal.

{Location: Top of the ruined embassy building}

"A military grade laptop with a camera was sitting upon a metal crate connected with a satellite dish. Night has come upon them but the sky was lighted up from the flames engulfing the city"

Kayle: OK. Give it a try.

{Location: E.U.F. Regional Headquarters - Washington, DC}
{Communications floor}

"A communications officer detected a weak incoming signal"

C.Officer: Eh sir? Something strange is happening.

EUF Supervisor: Pass it on the central screen.

"In a huge screen located on the ceiling a man appeared covered by static interfere"

EUF Supervisor: What the fuck?

Man: This is Lieutenant Leonev Falcrac {static} commander of {static} squad, 1st Rexian Special Forces Division {static}. We are contacting you {static} because we want to make a deal. This is not a {static}. I repeat this is not a trick. We want to end this madness. {static} Help us get of here and we will {static} try to provide as much information as possible. {static} If you accept then meet us at the southern part of the city {static} next to the old robotics facility in one day. We will be unarmed. I am losing conne{static}.

{Message ended}

EUF Supervisor: Have you saved the transmission?

C.Officer: Yes. I am pretty sure I heard that name before .

"The communications officer, then, starts searching through the database"

C.Officer: Sir. You need to see this. We don’t have their names but…

EUF Supervisor: Oh fuck. Darkstar. CALL COMMAND AND SOMEONE TELL THE ADMIRAL TO COME HERE. THIS IS BIG.

0