Chapter 38 – Heroes Don’t Rest
24 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

["Before the council - Heroes Don't Rest"]

{Location : Ghost Squad Quarters - West New York - USA}
{Time: XX:XX}

"Almost one week has passed after Rj and Susan's escape from Rexus Prime. The Squad is relaxing and training at their new quarters in New York"

Reyna: ...You've got to be kidding me. Kate. I can't believe such a serious person like you could do this! Especially with my brother!

Rj: Ah, could you relax for one second Rey? I'm not getting into your business, am I?

Kate: Yeah girl, we're not doing anything wrong. This is all normal.

Reyna: Oh, so now you find it normal to play video games with Rj for an hour instead of training or generally preparing for our next mission? Oh I don't know. If we're going to be like this, then maybe we should let those Rexians win the war even! How about that?!

Rj: Ah. Fine! I'm gonna prepare me something to eat. Win you next time, Kate.

Kate: Win you next time.

Reyna: Great...Hey, have you seen Susan?

Kate: Yeah, she's in her room.

Reyna: Right, thanks.

"Reyna goes in Susan's room. Some of her bruises are still visible from up close"

Reyna: Hey...

Susan: Oh, hi. Didn't see you there. I was just trying to pick some parts for Zeon. He needs an upgrade.

Reyna: Are you...you know. Alright?

Susan: Yeah, I'm alright. Why?

Reyna: Don't know. I'm just...thinking of what happened to you back there...

"Susan stops what she's doing and stands still"

Reyna: Look I---

Susan: No. No, it's alright.

Reyna: Are you...sure?

Susan: Yeah, pretty sure. Look. What happened, happened. It was a moment in my life and now it's gone. Simple as that. Let's just put it in the past and...move on, I guess.

Reyna: Huh, wish I could have your mentality.

Susan: You don't need to. Every person is unique. If everyone was the same it wouldn't be any fun.

Reyna: Yeah, you're right. It wouldn't be...

Susan: I know.

"Susan smiles"

Reyna: Um, okay then. I'm leaving now.

Susan: Okay.

Reyna: If you need...anything. You let me know.

Susan: You've got it.

Reyna: Alright. I'll be around, though! If---

Susan: Reyna!

Reyna: Okay, Jesus. I'm going. I'm going...

"After an hour, Rj heads to Susan's room"

Susan: Oh hi Rj. What's up?

Rj: Nothing, I'm just...watching you.

Susan: Hah, real funny. So, what do you want?

Rj: Nothing really. I uh...I just wanted to ask you...something.

Susan: Um, of course.

Rj: Personal.

Susan: Oh. Alright, then. Haven't got much to hide anyway.

Rj: No, I mean, it's just...you know. Out of curiosity.

Susan: Then...what would you like to know about me?

Rj: Like have you ever...had a...boyfriend before? I'm just asking because---

Susan: No.

Rj: Oh. That um, that was...easy?

Susan: It's just as easy as it could be. Haven't really had that much of a personal life before. After what happened with my father, I just...

Rj: Sorry, I didn't---

Susan: No, It's okay.

Rj: What happened after...you know?

Susan: Hm. In short. A clan found me. The "Blue Lions", as they were called. I fought side to side with them, even as young as 11 years old. They really wanted to bring Victus down. A lot of people hated his regime back then. And now look at them...everyone is brainwashed and they even rise to fight for him, again. This is madness...

Rj: Yeah, you tell me.

Susan: So, like I told you...no. Haven't really had a full relationship before. There was this one guy in the clan but...Since I left, I don't know what happened to him.

Rj: Oh...Well, I'm sure he's okay. Somewhere...far, you know.

Susan: ...You?

Rj: Me?

Susan: Have you ever...had a girlfriend before?

Rj: Oh um. Yes. I mean, no. I mean...

Susan: Yes or no?

Rj: Well, ah. No. Not really. No. Just the usual, you know. Ladies man...flirts, make outs. That sort of things. Nothing...serious, really. Not even close to serious, anyway.

Susan: Oh. Nice...

Rj: Yeah...Nice. So um, you know. Supposingly, have you...I don't know, someone in...mind...these days? Maybe I can help you...you know. If---

Susan: Well. Let's say that...I do.

Rj: Oh. Do I...know him or anything?

Susan: Maybe.

Rj: And is he, handsome?

Susan: Hm, yeah. He is, yes. And um, you?

Rj: Um, me?

Susan: Yeah. Do you have someone in your mind?

Rj: I uh...I do, yeah.

Susan: Oh? And who's that? You know. Out of curiosity.

Rj: Well, she has...black short-ish hair...light brown eyes...french nose...

"Susan starts to smile. The distance is slowly closing between them"

Susan: And...does she like...the colour...blue?

Rj: She...does, yes.

Susan: And...what else does she... like?

Rj: S---She...

"As Susan and Rj were about to kiss, Reyna comes rushing in her room. She sees what's happening"

Reyna: Guys!

Rj: Oh I...uh..!

Susan: Yeah, I just...

Reyna: Guys, you need to see this! Quick!

"Everyone gathers to the living room where a huge screen is set, displaying David Morgan"

(From Screen) D.Morgan: Guys, you need to see this.

"Morgan plays Darkstar's message"

Reyna: Wait, what's this all about?

Max: Yeah, what's the meaning of this? Are they trying to trick us or something?

(From Screen) D.Morgan: No guys, this isn't a joke. I've called for a private council. The Prime Minister is also going to be there.

Rj: Ok, that seems important.

(From Screen) D.Morgan: It is. Very important! Gear up. You might be needed soon, Ghost squad.

Kate: You've got it boss.

(From Screen) D.Morgan: Oh and prepare your communication devices. The meeting will be held in about 2 hours from now. David Morgan - out.

Susan: Well, here we go again.

"Zeon comes into the room"

Zeon: Hey guys! Wait, why are you all here? What did I miss?

0