Chapter 46 – The Enemy of my Enemy
34 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

["The Enemy of my Enemy"]

"Rj notices the four figures inside the HQ. They notice him, too. Once close, he realises it's Darkstar's members all sitting in the couch except from Kayle who's watching some paintings just near. Iren is watching TV..."

Iren: Damn. Nothing interesting on the news these days.

"The others walk inside. All notice Darkstar Squad inside acting like nothing happened"

Morgan: Well now that you're all here we can----

Rj: WHAT IN THE FUCKING HELL ARE THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS DOING IN OUR FUCKING COUCH?!

Reyna: Oh my God! What the hell is this? Morgan what's going on?

Susan: You're kidding me, right?

Zeon: This was...unexpectable at the very least.

Gideon: Easy there heroes. Trust me when I say you don't want to have your neck broken in one second.

"Gideon points his hand on the team as he talks"

Leonev: How about calming down---

Susan: He friken pointed at me? Oh, you wanna go monkey?

Gideon: All day, lady.

"Gideon is smiling and stretching his neck"

Reyna: Hey! Watch how you talk to my friends, or this is going to be your last mistake.

Iren: Give it a try, baby.

"Iren stands up"

Leonev: Back off. Both teams.

Kayle: Well. This is going well commander.

Rj: Prepare to die mates. You chose the wrong house to break in.

Gideon: I just want to see you try.

Rj: Oh you son of a---

Morgan: ENOUGH! I brought them here! ...They didn't break in.

Rj: WHAT? WHY?

Reyna: What?

Susan: This can't be happening...

Zeon: Admiral?

Iren: Just listen to your superiors for once. Don't act like kids.

Rj: What? Are you just going to let them talk like that, to us?

Gideon: Ha! He is going to cry.

Morgan: Rj---

Reyna: Careful how you talk to my brother, bitch.

Iren: Careful who you call 'bitch', bitch. Ladies shouldn't talk like that.

Susan: I guess someone has a death wish.

Rj: David you better start explaining before I blast those abominations to pieces.

Kayle: I love my job.

Morgan: Stop it! All of you! I know you want an explanation and you shall have it, if you just let me speak! Thank you...

Reyna: Well, start then!

Morgan: I brought Darkst---these guys here to...help you. Help us.

Susan: Are we being replaced? Is this what's happening?

Morgan: Don't be silly Susan. I wouldn't replace you guys for anyone or anything. It's only fair that I said that.

Reyna: So, what's happening exactly?

Rj: Like, in detail.

Morgan: I know that the previous missions didn't end well for you. You had no coordination and you acted like amateurs. Not to mention your most recent mission. Needless to say you were the only ones to survive there...

Rj: Yeah. Wanna tell us something new, admiral?

Morgan: I do. What you and what 'we' knew as 'Darkstar Squad' is no more. They abandoned Victus long ago. They're humans with minds. And heart. They just want to help.

Reyna: Took them long enough.

Susan: Not buying this crap.

Morgan: Like I said...They're no longer into Victus's army. All they want is to end this war.

Rj: Wait, you want us to believe that those monsters had enough of this? Ha! Right! And, well, even if that's true, are you forgetting about all those dead people? And not only just the soldiers, but the common men and citizens that did nothing wrong to deserve a 'collateral death', for Christ's sake!

Reyna: Not even to mention the recent events! Our ships got destroyed and buildings with people living in them, falling all around! What next? Destroying a whole planet? Oh I forgot, they already did that!

Leonev: Think this was our call girl?

Susan: Yeah right, I bet you laughed when millions were dying!

Kayle: We are not television villains for fuck's sake.

Leonev: We're just wasting our time. I told you they wouldn't understand.

Morgan: Wrong. Yes, they may have been present to all of these things, but they never intended to do any of that. Trust me, if they had a chance, they wouldn't do it.

Rj: So what? They suddenly became nice and they want candy? Sure let's forgive them. Heck I bet they'll stop killing people...not!

Iren: Trust me.

Rj: Bullshit.

Leonev: You think we wanted all this? I am guessing EUF propaganda makes us look like heartless beasts.

Susan: So what? Let me guess, you want to work with us and kill him? Victus? Once and for all?

Iren: Yep. You are a smart one..!

Reyna: Fake. I find that hard to believe.

"Gideon almost starts laughing"

Morgan: Then let them prove it to you.

Rj: How?

Morgan: They'll stay here and train with you. Do missions with you. Help - you.

Reyna: You can't be serious, right now.

Morgan: I am, miss Frost.

Kayle: Oh. Last name. Right in the feels.

Rj: And who are you?

Kayle: Me? My name's Kayle. I'm the "new guy" around here.

Reyna: So what? They're just going to live here?

Morgan: For a while. Until Victus is taken care of and they have their papers.

Susan: Papers for what?

Morgan: Lets just call them forgiveness papers...for now.

Rj: What? You can't just give them to 'em! Your not the fucking pope and we're not in fucking medieval ages. They need to earn them first.

Morgan: And that's exactly what they'll do. But first, they'll start with training.

Reyna: What now?

Morgan: You're tired. Get some rest. Tomorrow 7AM. Sharp. At the training Room. We have work to do.

Zeon: This is going to be interesting.

Susan: You don't say.

Iren: See you tomorrow friends.

Rj: Wait a minute, where is she going?

Morgan: Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you. They'll be sleeping to the opposite rooms. That means that Zeon and Susan must sleep with either one.

Leonev: Don't worry about us Admiral. We will take the couches.

Rj: What? They'll sleep here? Oh great, just great!

Reyna: I hope you know what you're doing Morgan.

"Morgan is thinking from inside..."

Morgan: Yea me too...

"The next day everyone gathers at the training room. The training is about to start"

Morgan: Alright, now that I see you're all here...I'll be talking to you through the observation room. You need to learn how to fight like a team. Everyone has something to gain here. And nothing to lose. I can assure you.

Rj: Get us in some CQC (close quarters combat). I'd be happy to smack their faces down.

Iren: Careful what you wish for, pretty boy.

Morgan: Alright. Now, I will create some enemies. They're set to level 25 out of 100 maximum. Automatons, to be precise. Since Victus is short in manpower, he'll produce more and more of these to fill the gap. We don't know what exactly are their capabilities, since we all know how the scouting mission went. But we still know what their weakness are.

Susan: And what might that be?

Leonev: Blinding. They rely mostly on their head sensors to fire and act. Without that, they're useless.

Zeon: Thanks for providing information that could be used against me.

Susan: Please. You're more advanced than that, Z'.

Rj: Or we could try throwing flash bangs.

Kayle: Machines don't have photo receptor cells in their eyes in order to be blinded.

Rj: Easy there nerd.

Morgan: So. There you have it. And by the way. I don't think you have anything to do except training for the next few weeks. Until Victus makes a move, this will be your every day schedule.

Susan: What?

Reyna: Oh my...

Rj: You can't be serious...

Iren: Great. Where do you keep the combat knives?

0