Prologue.
194 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Prologue.

I was the weakest of the sixteen demon lords in my homeworld. My jurisdiction was within the Land of the South, the Southern Continent, one of the four major landmasses. It was within my jurisdiction that any summoned hero’s journey first began.

The four great lands were divided into eight kingdoms. Four of the kingdoms in each continent belonged to demonkind while the others belonged to humans we were in unending war with. I governed over one of such kingdoms, though like me, it was the weakest.

I wasn’t any sort of big player in the grand scheme of things, but I was still a Demon Lord who reported directly to the Southern Demon Emperor. Sadly, I was the biggest joke among my fellow Demon Lord peers.

One day, while I was peacefully minding my own business in my castle, someone rudely called out to me from outside my castle. When I heard what they said, I was initially unsure whether I was just hearing things, but when they repeated themselves, I was immediately enraged. They’d uttered one forbidden name I could never forgive.

I valiantly fought them to the death, but I was no match and was inevitably crushed underfoot. I was abducted by the vile sadistic woman who I’d fought then brought to the greatest evil to ever walk the land. 

I often referred to him as ‘he whose name shall not be spoken.’ He was a man I’d never be able to coexist with. My mortal enemy for life.

When I thought all hope was lost and my life would be forfeit, that man made me an unexpected offer. It was an offer I couldn’t resist. Even now I still don’t fully understand the intent behind his offer, I just grit my teeth and go along with it. I’d already signed a contract with the devil, there was no going back for me.

In exchange for accepting his offer, he let me keep the legendary growth-type dragon slayer sword one of my captors bribed me with to cooperate with them. He even bestowed upon me the ability to travel to other worlds to slay dragons to increase my own strength and also gifted me a legendary hero staying sword as a bonus.

Thus with these two things at my disposal, I departed on a long journey. A journey of self-redemption. To rise through the ranks of Demon Lords and claim the prize I’d set my sights on.

My end goal wasn’t anything overly complicated. Far from it in fact, it was quite a simple goal. Everything was to become strong enough to court Demon Lord Kat, the strongest of the sixteen Demon Lords said to be on par with the strongest Demon Emperor.

The most mysterious of the sixteen Demon Lords, Demon Lord Kat, with the power of a Demon Emperor… her identity was none other than… a shapeshifting cat girl.

As for me, I am but a humble death knight. Demon Lord Xander, a simplistic man who dreams of nothing more than a shapeshifting cat girl who’s out of his league.

6