Chapter 5 – Now THIS Is Home
92 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I held the little black book in my hands. 1950 ... Tom Riddle ... WHERE had I seen those before?

I opened it up. There was nothing on the first page. I flicked to the next one. Nothing on it, either. I flipped through all the pages. Nothing.

That was weird.

"DAISY!" Fred shouted, barrelling into the room and into ME, knocking the book out of my hands and the ink bottle beside me onto the floor. The bottle smashed and the ink splattered onto the diary.

"Godric damn it, Fred! What the hell!" I huffed, sneaking a look at the the door and accio'ing the stuff from the floor, because I'm lazy.

He grinned at me. "S'up?"

"You destroyed my ... wait what -" I stopped. The ink that was on the book had ... disappeared.

"That's creepy." George said, leaning on the doorframe with his arms crossed. "Paranormal Activity Four confirmed?"

I had shown the twins all three of the Paranormal Activities, (by illegal downloading online) and they were scared out of their wits. It was quite funny, actually.

I had also shown them YouTube, but to hell was I allowing them to get YouTube accounts. They'd expose the entire wizarding world, and they would get far more subscribers than me! Why would I chance that?!

I slowly opened the book to the first page. I got out my quill and dabbed it in the ink on the floor and wrote, 'My name is Daisy Potter.'

We all stared apprehensively at the diary.

The writing disappeared, and we held our breath.

Then more came back. Out of the fucking page. With my own fucking ink. 'Hello, Daisy Potter. My name is Tom Riddle. How did you come by my diary?'

We all stared at each other in awe. What in the name of Merlin was happening?

'I found it in my trunk, strangely enough.' I replied.

'That is bizarre. One might think that someone put it there.' This Tom Riddle person replied.

'But who would want to put your diary in my trunk?' 

'Someone who would want you to meet me. Well, as I've said, my name is Tom Riddle, I am sixteen, and I am a good listener. Anything you want to tell someone, you can tell me.'

I looked up at Fred and George. Dafuq ...

'Sure, why not?' I put down.

'So, tell me about yourself.' Tom replied.

'Well, my parents were Lily and James Potter. They both died when I was one year old, because this Dark Lord guy called Voldemort killed them and wanted to kill me and my twin brother, Harry, for some reason, only he failed to, because my mother had died for us and that love had put a protection charm on us. So his Killing Curse rebounded on us, leaving us with lightning bolt-shaped scars, and he died instead, lol. So we've been living with our aunt, uncle, and cousin for the past eleven years. My cousin, Dudley, is awesome! So, we got our Hogwarts letters on our eleventh birthday,...' 

I rambled on and on, telling him all about my time at Hogwarts. Excluding my ... feelings for Terry and Draco, of course - Fred and George were here. I also left out the bit about my extra powers. 

'So ... you have some sort of power, if you defeated the Dark Lord?' Tom asked.

I hesitated. 'Yes ... I would say that I'm more powerful than most witches and wizards my age, actually, than all the witches and wizards I know, excluding Dumbledore. I'm pretty sure they can't twist time without a Time Turner, or cause excruciating pain to others, or fix things that look to be broken beyond repair without a wand ...'

There was no reply for about ten seconds, then it came.

'Is that so? You'll have to show me someday. That really is ...'

A pause.

'... something.'

"Daisy, don't talk to it any more." Fred said suddenly.

"Why?" I asked, looking up.

"It's - it sounds like it - Dad told us never to trust something that can think for itself." He replied. 

George nodded, snatching the quill out of my hand. "Please, Daisy. It's ... dangerous."

"Isn't everything we've done dangerous?" I grinned.

"Yeah, but this ... this is dark stuff, Daisy." George said.

"The Forbidden Forest is dark. Lots of the stuff in the Room of Requirement is dark, and we've played around with that-" 

"Daisy, this is stuff that could hurt you! This is way more sinister than that stuff, it seems as if it has really bad intentions, just, please don't talk to it anymore!" Fred exclaimed.

"Alright, alright, geez!" I threw my hands up, along with the book, and it fell back down on my head.

"Ouch."

---

The last night of the holidays was a blast. Literally. Fred and George set off Filibuster's fireworks in the kitchen, and we all partied in there.

The next day was chaos - just the way I liked it. Mrs Weasley dashed about in a bad mood looking for spare socks and quills, people kept colliding on the stairs, half-dressed with bits of toast in their hands, and Mr Weasley nearly broke his neck, tripping over a stray chicken as he crossed the yard carrying Ginny's trunk to the car.

"Not a word to Molly." He whispered to me as he opened the boot and showed me how it had been magically expanded so that the trunks fitted easily.

We got to Platform Nine-And-Three-Quarters very late. We met Terry outside the barrier - he was just going in.

We only had about a minute left to go in. Everyone else had gone, and it was just us two sets of twins, Ron, and Terry left now.

Harry and I moved into position to go, and ran at the barrier. We crashed into it, all our stuff and ourselves sprawling across the ground. 

"Daisy! Harry! You alright?" Terry exclaimed, helping us up. "What happened?"

"The barrier's ... sealed." I said, getting up and pushing hard against the barrier.

"Damn. We'll just have to go back to your car -" Harry started.

"The car! Of course! Harry, you're a genius!" Ron exclaimed.

"I am?" My twin looked bewildered.

"We can just fly in it!" Ron cried.

So ten minutes later, and we were above the clouds, following the Hogwarts Express. Fred, George, and Ron were in the front seats (the front passenger seat had been expanded, as had the back seats) and Fred was driving, er, flying, and Terry, Harry and I were in the back. Fred was skilled at driving the car, as he and George had taken it out six or seven times before, as they had told me back at the Burrow, so we wouldn't be seen by any Muggles.

"Hey, look, fudge!" George said happily, opening up the glove box.

"And toffee!" Ron pointed out.

We started a sticky toffee fight (you simply can't waste fudge) because the heat was melting the toffee. A lot of it got in our hair.

"Here, I'll just Vanish it!" Fred exclaimed, pointing his wand at Ron's hair.

"I've got a bad feeling about this ..." Ron cowered as Fred performed the spell.

And he was right to have a bad feeling. Because Fred Vanished half his hair. 

"FRED!"

We all had a merry banter, and Ron eventually got his hair back. But when we were just landing, the car faltered and the engine went out. We crashed into a tree which was called the Whomping Willow, conveniently, as it tried to beat us up. It broke Ron's wand. The car, thankfully, reversed out of it, but it chucked us out along with our luggage. It drove into the Forbidden Forest. 

We sneaked over to a window looking into the Great Hall. "Where's Snape?" George asked, not seeing him at the teacher's table.

"You mean SEVERUS?" Terry snickered. "That's his first name."

"Oh, really? I thought it was Snivellus!" I sniggered.

"Or maybe it is Professor Snape." A harsh voice hissed behind us. We all whirled around. Snape was standing behind us. 

Oh dear.

~~~

We arrived at the portrait hole to Gryffindor Tower. We almost got expelled! That was fun.

When the portrait opened, there was a sudden storm of clapping. It looked as though the whole of Gryffindor house was still awake, packed into the circular common room, standing on the lop-sided tables and squashy armchairs, waiting for us to arrive. Arms reached through the portrait hole to pull us all inside.

"Brilliant!" Lee yelled. "Inspired! What an entrance! Flying a car right into the Whomping Willow, people'll be talking about that one for years!" 

"Good on you." A fifth-year I vaguely knew (I know literally everyone at this school) said; someone was patting me on the back as though I'd just won a marathon. 

We stayed down here all night, partying with Gryffindor House. Now THIS is home.

1