Chapter 8 – Revenge
82 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"She's not a saint, she's not what you think, she's an actress, woah!" I sang on my way down to the Great Hall the next morning. Fred and George were alongside me. "She's better known for the things that she does on the mattress, woah!"

Fred and George sniggered. "What are you singing?" They asked simultaneously. 

"... that stealing other people's toys on the playground won't get her many friends ... what?"

"What're you singing?" They repeated simultaneously.

"You guys are creepy as fuck." I muttered. "'Better Than Revenge' by Taylor Swift." 

(A/N I know Taylor wasn't in the singing industry at that time, hold your horses! Use imagination, peasants!) 

"Taylor Swift? That Muggle woman whose songs you keep singing?" Fred asked.

"Yup." I popped the 'p'. "She should keep in mind, she should keep in mind, there's nothing I do better than revenge!" 

We reached the Gryffindor table and sat down. Terry looked around subtly, then darted over to us.

"So." He said. "Revenge on Blaise Zabini today?"

"Definitely." I grinned. I have most certainly not forgiven that Slytherin for putting the body-bind spell on me last year.

Harry, Ron, and Hermione entered and sat down next to us.

"Say, Harry, tell me more about those voices you heard, will you?" I ask, leaning forward on my elbow.

"There's not much to tell. They said 'let me find you, let me rip you, let me tear you, let me kill you' in a kind of hissing voice, then it stopped. Lockhart couldn't hear it." 

"Lockhart couldn't hear it?" I asked. "That's weird."

"Isn't it?" Ron agreed, buttering some toast.

"Well, guys, best be off!" I announced to the group, hopping up with my fellow Insurgent members. "Places to be, people to take revenge on."

Hermione rolled her eyes as Harry and Ron grinned. "Good luck!" The two of them chorused.

Amy, Suzanne, and Shannon rushed up to us outside the Great Hall.

"Rumour has it that you're going to take revenge on Blaise Zabini!" Amy exclaimed, grinning.

"Rumour confirmed?" Suzanne asked.

"Rumour confirmed." I grinned.

"YES!" Shannon cheered.

I hurriedly told them in whispers of my plan, all of us chuckling evilly. We waited for Zabini to come out of the Great Hall, then, unseen, we hurried off to the dungeons where I set up a trip-wire and a bucket of hexes converted to misty substances like the Anti-Interception spell in record time.

We hid in a broom cupboard which I magically stretched, and Zabini walked right into our trap. He tripped over the wire and an invisible rope snatched around his ankle, dangling him upside down in the air. Then the hidden bucket of hexes flew up over his head and deposited them all over him. He yelled, boils erupting all over his face and his hair turning red and gold with a picture of the Gryffindor lion appearing on his forehead.

We all high-fived, then sauntered out of the broom closet. I studied the lion on his forehead, grinning, when I heard it. 'She'll pay for this!' It sounded like Zabini's voice, though I knew he hasn't spoken, because I hadn't seen his mouth moving and nobody else took any reaction.

Huh. Maybe it was just my look-reading skills.

He caught sight of us walking down the hallway, then shouted after us, "You'll pay for this, Potter!"

I smirked victoriously as I waved my wand behind my back and I heard an 'oof!' behind me as he fell to the ground.

~~~

I woke up the next morning to the beginning of the prank war. The words 'I heart Draco Malfoy' and 'I heart Terry Boot' were drawn all over my stuff. How the twins even got up here I don't know, seeing as no boy is allowed up the spiral staircase to the girls' dorms.

"Godric damn it!" I vented, falling back onto my bed to think of a prank to pull on them.

"Ooh, yes!" I squealed, sitting up. I had just the perfect one ...

That night I crept up to the boys' dormitories. I sneaked into the fourth year boys'. I got out my wand and whispered an incantation on each of the twins' hair. I snickered evilly as I sneaked back down to the common room and back up to my dorm.

"Daisy?" A small voice came from the landing above mine. I glanced up. Ginny was standing, leaning over the railing. "Were you pranking Fred and George?"

"I was indeed." I grinned up at her. "Care to join forces?"

And that was how Ginny and I came up with several prank ideas.

The next morning in the common room, I heard shrieks and yells coming from a dorm up above. I smirked, knowing which one it was.

"DAISY!" The twins yelled, sprinting down the spiral staircase. They had bright purple hair. My doing!

The looks on their faces - wild smirks, evil glints in their eyes - told me to run like fuck.

I got up out of my armchair and sprinted for the portrait hole, but because of my morning problem, I ran off-course and into the wall. Everything went black.

"Oh shit, is she alive?!"

"She ran into a fucking wall!" 

"Trust Daisy Potter to do that!"

"Wazzgoinon?" I muttered, my head pounding. 

"You blacked out for a minute because you ran into a wall. Looks like your medical problems are our luck!" Fred told me, grinning wildly, that evil glint still in his eye as he picked me up.

"Oh crap!" I struggled, but to no avail. He flung me over his shoulder and he and his twin sprinted out of the portrait hole with me.

"PUT ME DOWN YOU LITTLE SHIT OR ELSE WHEN I SUCCEED IN WORLD DOMINATION YOU ARE ONLY GETTING A FIFTH OF IT -" I screamed.

We arrived outside, at the Lake. 

"Oh no no no no -" I squealed, realising what he was about to do.

SPLASH! I was in the lake. With a sweep of my hand (and my powers) they were both in too.

Let's just say we had a very merry time splashing each other then pretending to drown each other before Professor McGonagall came along and shouted at us to get out.

~~~

Then October came, (with a lot of pranking on our part) and we had muddy Quidditch practices. Fred, George, and I spied on the Slytherin team, and we reported that their brooms were excellent.

But we will beat them!

One day Harry and I came in from Quidditch practice all muddy and stuff and Nearly Headless Nick invited us to his Deathday party. We agreed, then Filch dragged us off to his office for 'befouling the corridors'. I was proud to see that the Insurgent's had an entire drawer to themselves in the filing cabinets in which records were stored of misbehaviours. 

But we escaped, though, because Peeves was kind enough to distract Filch by dropping a Vanishing Cabinet over Filch's office on the floor above.

That's one of the benefits of having Peeves as a friend, you know.

When we trooped up to the common room, I met Fred and George. They'd 'rescued' a Salamander from Care of Magical Creatures and we were trying to find out what would happen if you fed it a Filibuster's Firework. It was smouldering gently on a table surrounded by a knot of curious people. Then, suddenly, it whizzed into the air, emitting loud sparks and bangs as it whirled wildly around the room. Percy was bellowing himself hoarse at us, the fire-dwelling Salamander was putting on a spectacular display of tangerine stars, and it escaped into the fire, with accompanying explosions.

That night had a lot of banter.

~~~

At the Deathday Party, we had witnessed Peeves throwing mouldy peanuts at Moaning Myrtle, shouting "Spotty! Spotty!" as she flew away, sobbing. It was quite amusing, really.

But as soon as the Headless Hunt arrived, everything went dark. 

The Gryffindor common room again. How did I get up here again? Am I losing my memory?

No one was here. I turned around, panicked. The portrait hole was swinging closed, as if someone had just entered. I'd just entered.

I darted back out again and sprinted down seemingly endless corridors, coming to a halt when I realised that there was blood on my fingers.

I stared down at them, hands shaking. I was shaking. I stumbled into a girl's bathroom and sprinted for the sinks, washing it off.

Why was there blood on my hands? Why can't I remember anything after the Deathday party?!

"Trust me, we don't want to be found here." I heard a voice say in the distance. I wrenched open the door of the bathroom and saw Harry, Ron, and Hermione standing staring at a wall - a wall - covered in blood!

It was writing! It said, 'THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS HAS BEEN OPENED. ENEMIES OF THE HEIR, BEWARE.' In blood! And Mrs Norris, that cat, was strung up on the wall!

There was blood on my hands a few minutes ago - what the -

I must have made some kind of noise, for the three of them whirled around. "Daisy! There you are! You were some time at the toilet!" Harry exclaimed, a worried look on his face.

They moved forward to help me. I had sunk to the floor, shaking. What was wrong with me? First I couldn't remember large chunks of time ... then I don't know how I got to places ... then I have blood on my hands!

A thunder of voices came from around the corner, but they all died out as soon as they saw the wall.

"Enemies of the heir, beware! You'll be next, Mudbloods!" Floppy shouted through the crowd, his cold eyes alive, his usually bloodless face flushed, as he grinned at the sight of the hanging, immobile cat.

"Daisy!" Another voice shouted through the crowd, and Draco pushed through to us. "Are you alright? What's wrong?" He gasped, hugging me.

"I-it's nothing, I'm fine." I tell him. He didn't look convinced.

The rest of the Insurgents also pushed through the crowd to us.

"No. It's not nothing. And you're not fine." Terry said. He helped me up and shoulder-hugged me.

"Yeah, she probably ran into another wall." Fred snickered, and I glared at him.

"The Death Glare!" George whispered.

"What do you mean, Muggleborns will be next?" I shouted back to Floppy.

"Haven't you heard? The Chamber of Secrets ... created by Salazar Slytherin, to rid the school of Mudblood's with his heir and his monster."

I eyed him. No.

Not if I can help it.

2