Epilogue
92 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This Hogwarts feast was spectacular! Everyone was in their pyjamas, and the celebrations lasted all night. I didn't know whether the best bit was Hermione running towards us, screaming, "You solved it! You solved it!" or Justin hurrying over from the Hufflepuff table to wring Harry and I's hands and apologising endlessly for suspecting us, or Hagrid turning up at half past three, cuffing us all hard on the shoulders, or our thousand points securing Gryffindor the House Cup for the second year running, or people coming up to me and asking me excitedly what it was like to be possessed and kidnapped by Tom Riddle aka the Dark Lord, or Professor McGonagall standing up to tell us all that the exams had been cancelled as a school treat ("Oh, NO!" Hermione said), or Dumbledore announcing that, unfortunately, Professor Lockhart would be unable to return next year, owing to the fact that he needed to go away and get his memory back. Quite a few of the teachers joined in on the cheering that greeted this news.

"Shame." Ron said, helping himself to a jam doughnut. "He was starting to grow on me."

~~~

All of them that had went after me when I was in the Chamber, Lee, Dean, Seamus, Neville, and I sneaked into Dumbledore's office when he wasn't there. The twins had been badgering us to tell them in detail what had happened in there, the other boys wanted to know as well, and I wanted to know what had happened when they came after me, so we agreed that the best way was to, literally, take us on a trip down memory lane. 

We all used the password that Terry had found out and darted up the spiral staircase. We slipped through the door into Dumbledore's office. Fred and George opened a cabinet and took out what I assumed was the Pensieve. They told me that they had found out that Dumbledore had one of these when they got sent up here and he was transferring memories to it once.

"Okay, Softpaw, you first with your memories of the diary and you talking with it and those blank periods, then when he kidnapped you, then Harry, you next with the memories of how you figured it out and how we got there, up to when Softpaw woke up, then Softpaw, you with the memories until we got out of the pipes." Terry said, grabbing my hand. Fred and George winked at us.

I pressed my wand to my temple and remembered everything. I purposely fuzzed out everything about my secrets and crushes that I wrote in the diary, and drew my wand away. A silvery blue wisp of memory trailed after it. I deposited it in the basin. Harry followed, his face twisting with grief at one point, and put his memory in the basin too. I followed with my last set of memories.

"All right, everyone in!" Fred grinned, and we all stuck our heads in.

We landed in Harry and I's room in the Dursleys's house. Past-Daisy was unpacking her things when she had come across a small black diary. My past self looked at the name and date and her eyes narrowed. She put the diary in a drawer next to her other school books.

Then it faded and we arrived in the Weasley's house. Past-Daisy was holding the diary in her hands, then Past-Twins crashed into the room and knocked her ink all over the diary. The ink faded into the diary and they looked at it, spooked. Past-Daisy picked it up and started writing in it, when it said some creepy things about her powers, and Past-Twins begged her not to use it any more.

We arrived at all the other times I was using the diary, and everyone looked stunned, especially Dean, Seamus, Lee, and Neville. 

Then we arrived at the first time I had a blank period. We were at the Deathday party, and then suddenly everything faded out into black. We could still see each other, though. Everyone was looking scared.

"That's how you felt." Terry squeezed my hand, looking sympathetic.

Then the Gryffindor common room appeared. We sprinted after Past-Daisy as she had a massive freak out over the blood on her hands and on the wall.

Then more diary encounters then the next blank period in the Forbidden Forest. Everyone looked panicked at Past-Daisy being strangled by seemingly nothing. Then blankness again. Then the Gryffindor common room.

Then every diary encounter and blank period after that. Including Harry freaking out over Dobby trying to hurt me, which was just after a blank period, and I just had to show everyone that.

Then the kidnapping. Everyone again had stunned and/or panicked looks on their faces as we were outside the hospital wing and I said I needed to go the bathroom. We watched as Past-Daisy fought Tom Riddle in her mind, writing the farewell, going through the pipes, arriving in the Chamber of Secrets. Everyone looked shit-scared when Tom Riddle stood over me all sadistic and smirking, and then the memory faded as I blacked out, and we entered Harry's memories.

"You must have been SO scared." Terry whispered to me, his eyes wide. Everyone looked at me and nodded, the same as him.

We watched as Harry and Ron unravelled the mystery. I watched them all react to the news that I had been kidnapped. It was heartbreaking. They all looked so ... done.

Then I watched as they all sat depressed in the common room, then bravely confronted Lockhart and came after me down the pipe. Lockhart tried to do a memory spell on them and it backfired, bringing down half the ceiling and separating them. Harry, Terry, and Draco continued. The twins, Ron, Seamus, Dean, Neville, Lee, and I watched as they ran to me lying at the foot of the statue, thinking I was dead. We watched their confrontation with Tom Riddle, watched their growing horror and anger as he told them in smirks what he had done to me.

The others that hadn't been there looked horrified and pretty pissed too.

Then my eyes fluttered open and the memory shifted view slightly as it entered into mine.

Everyone watched with horrified and angry faces as Riddle snatched me from Draco, as he tried to steal my powers, as I escaped and we all darted through the pipes, and my epic showdown with the Basilisk (at which everyone looked very impressed at my amazing sword skills. Also, I had edited my memory so that when the Basilisk came out of the statue, it said, "Hiss hiss, motherfuckers!"). As I got stabbed with the fang, and almost died. The memory fuzzed up at that point because that was how I was seeing everything. As Riddle took my powers, and when I completely destroyed Riddle with the fang to his diary. As we left and pranked the twins and Ron.

As we arrived in the bathroom, everything faded, and we jerked our heads upright.

Dean, Seamus, Lee, and Neville stared at me, speechless.

"Nice showdown with the giant snake, Softpaw!" The twins chorused, looking impressed.

"Glad to know that that motherfucker didn't touch you in there when you were alone with him." Terry seethed.

"Yeah." Draco agreed, fists clenching. "A sixteen year old guy alone with a girl as hot as you?" Then he blushed cutely as he realised what he had said.

Wait ... cutely ... dammit Daisy, you have a boyfriend!

~~~

Ultimate Tag. Harry, the twins, Ron, Hermione, Amy, Suzanne, Shannon, Draco, the second year Gryffindor's, Lee, Katie, Leanne, Lewis, Kurt, Colin, Louis, Terry, and I were playing it.

I wasn't It, but Terry and the twins were, which was damn scary. I was hiding out near the fireplace in my dorm.

Suddenly, Terry burst into the room, grinning evilly.

I screamed and ran for the fireplace.

"Second year boy's dorm Ravenclaw!" I screeched, throwing down the Floo Powder.

I arrived there in a flurry of green flames, and Terry arrived a second after. He grabbed me around the waist as I squealed. We fell on to what I was guessing was his bed as there were photos of us Insurgent's on the bedside table. His eyes went slightly darker at our closeness, and he hungrily fit his mouth to mine.

My hands slipped into his hair, tugging at it, and he moaned into my mouth. He turned his head to the side, deepening the kiss, then he suddenly pulled away.

"You're It." He whispered huskily to my ear, nibbling on my earlobe. I shivered. He suddenly kissed me again, but someone dragged him off me and threw him to the ground.

I sat up on the bed, shit scared. HARRY. He was standing over Terry looking very, very pissed. The twins were standing behind him, smirking, and Draco - I had to look away from him because his expression was heartbreaking. The hurt and pain on his face - he looked like a kicked puppy.

Looks like Harry found out the hard way about Terry and I's relationship.

~~~

The rest of the summer term passed in a haze of blazing sunshine. Too soon, it was time for the journey home on the Hogwarts Express. Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, and us Insurgent's got a compartment to ourselves. We made the most of the last few hours in which we were allowed to do magic before the holidays. We played Exploding Snap, set off the last of the Insurgent's Filibuster Fireworks, and practised disarming each other by magic, while Harry was shooting glares at Terry every few seconds. I read his mind once - "I want to rip out that little shit's genitals and stuff them up his -"

Yeah.

We were almost at King's Cross station when I remembered something. 

"Hey Ginny, what were you going to tell me in the corridor that day?" I asked.

"Oh, that." Ginny said, giggling. "Well - Percy's got a GIRLFRIEND." 

Harry shot a glare at Terry, who was holding my hand, and he snapped the quill that he was holding in half, in anger.

Fred dropped a stack of books on George's head.

"WHAT?"

"It's that Ravenclaw Prefect, Penelope Clearwater." Ginny said. "That's who he was writing to all last summer. He's been meeting her all over the school in secret. I walked in on them kissing in an empty classroom one day. He was so upset when she was - you know - attacked. You won't tease him, will you?" She added anxiously.

"Wouldn't dream of it." Fred said, who was looking as if his birthday had come early. 

"Definitely not." George said, sniggering.

"Never!" I cackled.

"What, me?" Terry grinned evilly.

Just to annoy Harry, I leaned over and kissed Terry full on the lips. He responded enthusiastically. I could hear Harry's growl and the twins cackling. 

When we had got off the Hogwarts Express and were saying goodbye, I hugged Draco, high-fived the twins, waved to everyone else, and snatched Terry away from the crowd.

"See you soon." I said, drawing nearer to him.

"Very soon." Terry agreed, locking his lips on mine.

This is the best life ever.

~~~

Next book is 'Daisy Potter and the Awesomest Godfather Ever'! Out now!

0