Chapter 11: Moon
275 4 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Arrrghhhhhhhhhhh... I don't think I can fix this Yuu!!!"

"Sorry."

"How did you manage to drive the cart into a small rock?"

"Sorry."

"Geeze... I shouldn't have let you drive, Yuu!" Chito was leaning down in the front of their electric cart inspecting the damage that Yuuri caused just a few minutes ago. Carelessly Yuuri drove their cart into a small boulder that was on the side of the gravel road deep inside the forest of the Biodome. The chassis of the white cart was slightly bent inwards with some scratches from the collision. Nearby Yuuri lay down on the grass with her eyes closed mumbling a song she heard from Chito's device. "Mmhmm Mmhmm Mmhhmmm..."

"We barely had the vehicle for one day and you managed to write 'Just Marrod' with industrial paint on the side, and drive the cart into a rock!" With an audible grumble, Chito pouted.

"Well, you didn't complain about my spelling. I am getting much better at writing and reading Chii-chan." Yuuri replied and continued mumbling on.

"You wrote 'Just Marrod' instead of 'Just Married' you dummy!" Chito was still mildly annoyed and kept staring at Yuuri with her arms crossed. On the other hand, Yuuri appeared to be without a care in the world laying down on the grass. "But I have to admit, I am really proud of you that you finally started learning to read and write."

Some time passed since they settled into their new house. Both of them gradually were getting used to life inside the Biodome. Chito's health was getting much better and with regular exercise, her hand improved as well. After they return from their honeymoon, Chito and Yuuri planned to start working and help out within the Biodome. Chito wanted to put her grandfather's engineering lessons to good use and help out working as a technician, and Yuuri had plans to learn to be a chef at one of the community cafeterias.

When Yuuri discovered that she could prepare food, she almost immediately decided that she would learn to be the best chef ever together with Mieko's husband, Kazuo. Both of them knew that they had to spend time apart from each other at their tasks, but at the end of their work they could always be together and even spend their evenings with their friends and family. Chito and Yuuri still had a lot to learn, but they both wanted to help out the people and the home that saved their lives.

"Hey, Chii-chan, I really loved our party last night." Yuuri smiled holding her hand up in the sky. The artificial sun rays illuminated the shape of the wedding ring that Chito placed on her ring finger, just the day before during their ceremony. Finally, after some time passed since their rescue, they officiated their marriage with a big party, and earlier in the day their new family sent them out on their honeymoon. Both Chito and Yuuri had similar wedding rings that they synthesized from recycled materials, with a small synthetic diamond held in place in the middle.

"The ring looks sooo beautiful!" Yuuri grinned while she kept checking it out.

"I know, I love mine as well!" Chito smiled as well looking at her ring, she was careful not to lose this one as well. Sadly she never was able to find the grenade pin that Yuuri gave to her the first day after they reached the last layer, and the one they would always remember. Sadly the next day was the most traumatic day of their lives. "But I hope you get to keep my engagement ring Yuu. I know it's not as beautiful as the ones we got for our wedding." Chito replied as she still kept trying to fix the bend on their new vehicle with no luck.

"Chii-chan, don't say that. To me, it's the most beautiful ring ever! Look, I made a necklace just a few days ago, to keep it near my heart." Yuuri got up from the grass and walked over to Chito showing her the necklace with the 'ring' that she gave to her many months ago. The 'ring' was a small can opener that Chito pulled out from the first time they had fish in their new home, she thought it was a cute 'ring' that she wanted to give to her. Ever since the day from outside, Chito wanted to give Yuuri a ring when they found their home, and knowing that Yuuri loved to eat fish she felt it was the perfect gift for her.

"Ahh... that's so cute!" Chito replied checking out her necklace, she still had her fingers around the chassis of the vehicle trying to shape it into place with no success... "I feel so sad that I lost the grenade pin Yuu. I could have worn it on a necklace too. I'm so sorry - "

"Don't worry about it Chii-chan! Better to lose the grenade pin instead of you. I am sure it will turn up somewhere, or I can always go down, find a grenade, and pull another one from it - "

"NOOO!" Chito shouted and ran over to Yuuri "It's fine... it's fine... I won't let you go out there ever again!" Chito hugged her tight and leaned her head down on Yuuri's arm.

"Chii-chan, I was kidding! Are you still afraid to go out there? I know I said we should go out to the wall to see where they found us, but you never wanted to go out again. You said you were terrified of that idea." Yuuri replied as Chito held on to her tightly.

"I know I know - I guess I am still scared of that idea - but we can go out again someday when I feel I can. I don't mind."

"Sooo... Chii-chan. Are we gonna go to the lake or stand here in the middle of the forest hugging each other?" Yuuri asked her and chuckled, as Chito broke from the hug and gently blushed.

"Sure. But I am never letting you drive again Yuu!"

Walking back to the vehicle, Chito sat in the driver's seat as Yuuri sat next to her. With a push of a button, she turned the electric motor on. The vehicle looked a bit like an oversized old-century golf cart that could operate on electricity. The citizens of the Biodome used these carts frequently inside to get from one point to another, and they were able to transport almost anything of use with them. Any vehicle from the old era that used gas or any kind of pollutants wasn't allowed to be operated within the Biodome and could only be used for exploration on the outer layers. They were more durable than the electric vehicles and even if oil was scarce up here, they could still find on the bottom layers and salvage all they could, with the right materials they could even synthesize fuel. The back of the cart included a storage container that Chito and Yuuri filled up with clothes, camping equipment, and food. They decided to spend their honeymoon camping out at the artificial lake deep inside the Biodome and explore the forest for a few days.

"Chii-chan!" Yuuri settled her prosthetic leg right in front of Chito's view on the dashboard of the cart as Chito drove on. "I never showed you, but look!" she smiled showing her how she could wiggle her toes on the prosthetic leg, as Chito kept concentrating on driving towards the lake. "Reo said it would take a long time but look! It's soo easy! I can finally wiggle my toes!" she kept wiggling her toes right in front of her with a wide smile on her face. Her new leg was made from synthetic skin and was connected with electronic nodes surgically implanted in her stump. The leg was fully functional, waterproof, and looked precisely like the one she lost from frostbite. If it wasn't for the slight mechanical noises it made when she moved her foot and toes, one would think her leg was genuine. In a short time after her surgery, she made a fast recovery and could walk without her cane or support from Chito.

"Yuu, that's so amazing. But do you want me to crash into another boulder looking at your cute toes?" Chito replied concentrating on the gravel road that led to the lake. It was a short one-hour drive from the community, but it almost took them the whole day as they stopped to check out the sights in the forest. Besides a few different kinds of insects and birds, they still haven't seen any wild forest animals cross their path yet. They lived deeper in the forest of the Biodome away from the humans.

"Chii-chan, does this vehicle kinda remind you of our 'Kettenkrad'?" Yuuri asked as she moved her leg away from the dashboard.

"Yeah, It kinda does, but the 'Kettenkrad' was an old military vehicle and built to withstand harsh terrain. This one is civilian and we managed to damage it already!" Chito pouted again driving onwards. She wasn't used to driving a wheel before, but it felt easier than the motorbike handles. There wasn't much philosophy to driving these types of electric carts, just press a button to turn on the electric engine, press the forward pedal with your right leg and use the brakes with your left leg. They were significantly slower than the vehicles on the outside.

"So, do we need fuel to drive this thing Chii-chan?"

"No. It drives completely on electricity. Toshi told me that you can drive it for 5 months on a single charge. Unlike small devices, this one has to be charged as it uses additional electricity I think. " Chito replied, still she kept focused on the road ahead.

Yuuri on the other hand kept scanning the tree lines as they spread across the whole range. She really wanted to see a wild animal. "I wish we had a vehicle like this one outside, Chii-chan. It would have saved us the trouble of looking for fuel."

"Yeah, I know." Chito replied "But we couldn't find any. They probably scrapped most of them, because these electric devices were easily fried out there, by something called EMP bombs. Still, the 'Kettenkrad' was so much fun to drive and much more reliable." Driving onwards the 'artificial' weather was quite warm with a gentle wind whooshing through the trees. They never knew what forests looked like in the old centuries, but this felt like the closest thing that remained in the world. If the AI's plan succeeded then maybe in a thousand years he would be able to repopulate the planet with trees and animals. The AI hoped for a better future for what's left of humanity and its living beings.

As they drove on, Yuuri had her hands on Chito's black device and kept trying to read one of the books from Chito's library. Besides reading books, they found out that the device could play music, so they kept listening to all kinds of songs by musicians and bands from the old centuries any chance they could. Both Chito and Yuuri found something they had in common, which was listening to all kinds of distinctive music the world previously had to offer.

"Chii-chan." Yuuri kept flipping through the pages of a book on the device "I've been practicing my reading with this book. It's fascinating that those girls in that story resemble our journey. I'd never even heard about the place called Germany, Spain, or Poland before this book, and yet the girls went on really interesting journies and described how it was to live back then."

"Oh - I picked that up after that strange dream I had because I wanted to read how life was back then. I wonder if that girl is still alive in that reality. I wish I could dream about her again, but I never did again." Chito responded with a sad sigh. "I talked with the AI about this encounter and it seemed perplexed as well. It told me that the stone we saw the day we arrived up here is just a normal electrical station and serves no other function but to transfer electricity to other points of the layer. We must have passed so many on the way and never paid attention. Anyway, the AI said that the girl in my dream could have been some kind of a connection to our descendants." Chito replied as she kept her leg on the pedal, driving carefully through the forest.

"That's really cool Chii-chan," Yuuri replied, and looking around she was still absorbed by the beauty of the forest. "I never had a dream like that, but then, usually my dreams are all about food and about you sometimes..." she blushed trailing her hand through her long silky blond hair.

"Well, the AI told me that in the records, not many people in history were able to have this kind of dream. But in a way, it makes me happy that maybe we live in another reality, it's really fascinating when you think about it. The dream was such a strange experience, but we've seen so much in this world that nothing seems unusual to me anymore. The AI told me that such a coincidence to occur was so uncommon or as he called it 'a glitch in the simulation'." Chito replied as she kept driving the cart carefully through the gravel road.

"Chii-chan, the AI it's a strange thing, unlike the one at the elevator below this one seems a lot more helpful and wants what's the best for humanity and the Biodome. I wonder why it never told us about the Biodome or the AI residing here."

"The 'AI' on the ground below lost contact for hundreds of years and I guess the other outsiders or citizens of the unit never had contact with it in recent times. The city is so big that I assume you can find so many different entrances and access points to reach the top of the world. I wish we knew about it before so we could have found an elevator that reached the Biodome instead. You would have kept your leg and I wouldn't hurt my hand... I was so afraid of what you would have thought about losing your leg back then." Chito spoke.

"Chii-chan, I would never hate you and it already happened, there is no going back in time. If we waited for a day we would have died out there and Mieko-chan told me that the blizzard raged on for days after." Yuuri said and turned to look at her "But I am happy that after all that we've been through, we are also able to live happily again together. Oh, and should I learn to make that thing you told me... ummm what was it called?" Yuuri asked as Chito turned to look at her and said.

"I think you mean udon noodles. We can probably make them ourselves with instructional videos. It should be easy and tasty I think."

Driving on carefully through the road, the sun was still high up above in the sky. It was such a beautiful day inside the Biodome to drive and hike around in the forest, yet they were alone on this path. It was a workday and the rest of the citizens had other tasks to do. Besides a few Forest Robots, they haven't seen anyone else on the road. The Forest Robots' tasks were there to keep maintaining the trees, plants, and the needs of the animals in the forest and they varied in size. From small robots to large ones just like the ones they destroyed back at the fish factory. They operated nonstop within the Biodome.

"Hey, Chii-chan!" Yuuri exclaimed as she turned to face her. "Mieko's belly was soooo big! Remember?"

"Well, of course, her belly was big because she was pregnant Yuu," Chito replied with a smile, she felt happy that life was able to flourish in this world and that people were able to have a family even up here too. She felt their lives were so much happier up here than on the bottom layers, and yet people still had families lost down there too. If only most of them knew about the Biodome maybe they could have made the journey up there too without violence or grief.

"Yes, her baby is sooo cute!" Yuuri replied still smiling. "We should be pregnant one day too, Chii-chan."

Chito's face quickly turned red at Yuuri's idea. "Errr... Well.... you know... it doesn't really... work... with two girls... to get pregnant... you know... without going the artificial way..." she replied with an embarrassed tone as she almost hit another boulder by mistake but quickly avoided it. "But we can always adopt an orphan... if you want... further in our life. Many children live without a family, that's what Mieko told me."

"What's 'to adopt' Chii-chan?" Yuuri asked her back, as Chito kept driving forward.

"Well... it's when you give a home to a child who has no home or family. In a way, grandpa adopted us after we both lost our parents. We were both orphans - and Reo told me that his grandfather Daishi adopted Itsuki and Yasuo when he found them on the outside. Daishi was a mechanic like grandpa and a teacher as well, but he passed away a long time ago after they made the journey up here."

"Chii-chan, Do you think we will be good mothers? "

"The best Yuu!" Chito replied proudly and smiled, however, Yuuri had even more troublesome questions to ask her.

"But Chii-chan, why can't two girls get pregnant with each other?"

Chito unexpectedly hit the brakes, and both of them almost flew away from the cart together with their stuff. "Errrrrrr........." Chito tried to answer something but she was still dumbstruck and embarrassed by Yuuri's question. "I mean errr......" she mumbled and turned completely red again.

Chito read an embarrassing informational book about biology and how it all worked and even saw a romantic movie with two girls when Yuuri was sleeping. But for girl couples, it was completely different than for a man and a woman. "I mean... errr... maybe when you learn to read properly and I'll show you this book I read a month ago why it doesn't work Yuu..."

They were married but Chito was still too embarrassed to talk about that stuff with her. Eventually, Chito had to talk to Yuuri one day about how the creation of life was carried out, it was still a difficult and mysterious topic for her.

"But Chii-chan! How did Mieko get pregnant? Should I ask her if she can tell me?"

"WHAAA????" Chito with an inaudible scream and a shocked expression looked at her simple-minded wife. "NO! NEVER! NEVER ASK HER THAT! NEVER!" she was completely red-faced and from embarrassment, she lay down in front of the wheel. Where did these questions about pregnancy, and the creation of life suddenly come from she absolutely had no idea?

"Chii-chan... Chii-chan... fine I won't ask her. I was just curious... but you can show me that book one day so I can read how it all works." Yuuri responded but Chito could almost melt from embarrassment and frustration as she just remembered something that they once talked about in honeymoons.

"Oh my goodness... I just remembered! I told you something on the outside about married couples 'consummating' their marriage on their honeymoon that was wrong... I hope you didn't say something like that to anyone..." she turned to face Yuuri with an even more frightening expression as she seemed to be recalling something. "...Yuu???"

"Oh - Chii-chan..." Yuuri recalled an interesting discussion she had just a few days ago with Mieko while they were hanging out in the park. "I just recalled, I was talking about our wedding and our honeymoon to Mieko while you were feeding the ducks a few days. I couldn't understand why she got so speechless and flustered. I told her that we planned to consummate our marriage with lots of fish, food, and - "

"YOU DID WHAAAAAAAAAAAT?" Chito screamed so loudly that several birds from the trees nearby flew away in panic. Completely embarrassed and frustrated she kept groaning as she lay down on the wheel in the middle of nowhere. "WHY?" she kept groaning and groaning, Yuuri was completely confused and kept staring at her.

"Just this morning she looked at me completely flustered and gave me her thumbs up. I had no idea why she did that, but now - AARRGHHHHHHHHHhhhhhh WHY DID YOU SAY THAT TO HER? - DUMMY!!! FOOL!!! IDIOT!!!"

"But you said that couples eat a lot of food when they get married on their honeymoon Chii-chan..." Yuuri replied as she looked at her frustrated wife, Chito was almost ready to hang herself from embarrassment.

"I knoooww... but to 'consummate'... it doesn't mean that... it's completely different... it has to do with 'that' feeling you also get when we take a bath together but... they also call it making love... on that movie that two girls did it....kinda..." she was just too embarrassed to even continue speaking anymore. Yuuri was still confused as she kept looking at her, and had even more questions.

"But Chii-chan, how do girls make love?"

Chito groaned even louder from frustration as she got off the vehicle and ran away to the nearest tree and hid behind it. She was completely embarrassed and flustered. Yuuri felt like this was just another déjà vu since that time they took a bath together the first time, and many afterward in their home until Chito got more comfortable being close to her naked in the bath. She kept staring at Chito still confused as her audible groans became even louder behind the tree.

"Chii-chan! What do girls do when they get 'that' feeling when they are in a bath together?" Yuuri asked her, she was inquisitive to find out.

For the rest of the trip to the lake both of the girls kept quiet and were completely red-faced as Chito finally got the courage to explain to Yuuri the questions that she kept asking her.

"But Chii-cha-"

"Shhhh..."

"Chii-c -"

"SHUSHH!!! YUU - !!!"

° ° °

Finally, they reached the lake and Chito parked the vehicle close to the water. The artificial lake was quite large and picturesque with a beautiful waterfall falling from one of the cliffs, it was even larger than they had imagined at first. About 20 minutes hike from the lake, there was another pillar that was used as structural support and an access point to get to the top level of the giant structure. Robots and even humans use these pillars to get to any part of the dome in case of emergencies or maintenance. Just close to the lake the whole area was crowded with beautiful blooming sakura trees, sprouting beautiful rose petals that filled up the whole field with all varieties of expressive colors.

"CHII-CHAN! WOW!" Yuuri exclaimed with a wide smile on her face as she kept looking around. This was unlike she had seen anything in her entire life. It was one of the most beautiful sights they both had seen in the world. "What are those trees called?"

"It's called a sakura tree Yuu." Chito replied as she got off the vehicle to check out the horizon. "They used to bloom in springtime, but these were genetically altered many years ago to bloom in other seasons too, to help with pollination. Reo told me that he used to come here with his mother a lot of times and have a picnic. It's beautiful isn't it?" Chito replied as Yuuri kept giggling and skipping around in the field before she fell on the grass giggling loudly.

"It's so beautiful - it's just like the lake from my dream! We finally reached it Chii-chan!"

Chito was filled with joy every time she saw Yuuri so happy, as she looked at her skipping around the field. "Yes! We did Yuu," she responded before she moved to the back of the vehicle. "Hey, come help me set up the camp!" Chito called her over to the back of the cart as she opened the storage container. Yuuri ran over to her still giggling and helped her take everything out and place it down on the ground.

"Right... we need to set up the tent first, and then the rest of the camp," Chito stated as Yuuri took the tent in her hands.

"Umm... how do you set the tent up?" She looked at the large peculiar circular-shaped object in her hand, wondering how it works.

"I think you have to throw it and it will open but first -"

"On it!" Yuuri exclaimed as she tossed it with all her might like a frisbee across the horizon, it drifted over into the tree line at the edge of the forest, almost out of sight.

" - First you have to open it - arrrghhhh." Chito groaned again as she held her hand to her face unable to understand why Yuuri just did that "That was our only tent!"

"Sorry, Chii-chan... I'll go get it!" Yuuri replied still with a smile on her face as she skipped over to the tree line just where she tossed the tent.

"Hmm... where did I throw it?" Yuuri kept wondering where she threw the tent and kept looking around until she found it laying down on the ground just close to the edge of the forest. After she bent down to grab the tent, looking up she saw several pairs of curious eyes looking back at her.

"Umm..... hello?" Carefully stepping back, she felt afraid of the strange creatures looking at her. Turning around she yelled back at Chito "Errr... Chii-chan!!!"

"What's wrong Yuu?"

"Come here! QUICK!!!"

Chito dropped most of the stuff she was carrying for their camp and ran over to Yuuri fearing that she was in danger again. Coming closer to her she saw her pointing at something in the woods.

"What? What's wrong?" Chito asked her alarmed.

"What are those?" Yuuri pointed towards the odd creatures in the forest, she hasn't seen anything like that before in her life. The creatures were standing close by curiously staring at the girls.

"Where?" Chito asked as she looked where Yuuri pointed. "Oh... don't worry Yuu - these are called deer." she smiled trying to calm Yuuri down. "They are not dangerous don't worry."

"Wow! Are they alive?" Yuuri asked as she kept looking at the curious herd of deers that came over to investigate them.

"Yes Yuu, they are wild animals. I told you I've seen them once in my dreams with that girl as well. They live in the forest in large numbers and are quite calm."

The herd kept looking at them with curious eyes. The deer were of all different sizes, and a group of ten came to inspect the girls carefully from inside the forest. "Are the little ones children?" Yuuri asked as she walked back cautiously, she was still a bit scared of them.

"Yes, they are a large family. Mieko told me that some of the animals in the dome move in herds as a large family. I think we can pet them as well, they are supposed to be friendly." she smiled.

One of the deer broke from the herd and curiously approached the girls. "Don't be scared just reach out your hand and you can pet it." Chito smiled as she gently took Yuuri's arm and moved it towards the deer.

The deer smelled her hand and leaned its head down as Yuuri placed it on its soft head. "Eeee... It's so cute and soft... almost like Nuko." Yuuri grinned as she gently stroked the deer's head. Chito giggled softly and also reached out her hand and gently placed it on the deer's body. The deer seemed to enjoy being caressed by humans.

Over the years the animals that remained alive and safe from extinction have learned to get closer to humans without fear, they could almost be domesticated but they were determined to live in the forest without a care in the world. Robots or other humans tended to their care, but usually, they just let this 'artificial' nature take its own path. Even the food chain was still active among the animal kingdom in the Biodome.

"Wow! Chii-chan! It's so cute!" Yuuri exclaimed chuckling softly with her eyes closed, still gently caressing the animal. "But can we eat it?"

Cautiously the deer stepped back as it had enough of being caressed for the day. Turning around it returned back to the herd. "Pff... your constant hunger scared it Yuu," Chito replied as she looked at the herd move away from their vision deep in the forest. "I don't think we are allowed to hunt deer yet, but only when their numbers get too high. Their meat is called venison and I heard it's quite tasty."

"Oh, why is that Yuu?" Yuuri asked

"Well... it's something called 'population control'. Once their population grows it could be damaging to the ecosystem of the Biodome and people or even robots can hunt them for food. It's only when the AI gives the green light to hunt wild animals that they are allowed to do that, else you would be hunted back by the robots and tranquilized with a dart. I heard that you could even be jailed or exiled from the Biodome for hunting forbidden animals. We should be careful Yuu, I don't want us to be exiled."

"Chii-chan, 'population control'. Is that what humans did to the world outside? Did the humans damage the ecosystem and then they started killing each other off to help stabilize it?" Yuuri asked her back. "Aren't animals also alive and share emotions just like us? Why do they hunt them? They are so cute."

"I guess it's just the way of life Yuu. Sometimes the stronger kill the weak for food and their population grows to the point that the weak go extinct. It's the same case with humans. Once there were too many humans to sustain the world, and suddenly the ecosystem of this planet collapsed. The resources on this planet weren't able to sustain every single human that was alive, so I guess they took to drastic measures, afterward it takes years and years for the resources to grow stable. It's the same in the animal kingdom, once the population grows in size then the ecosystem isn't able to sustain and the resources for the other animals could be scarce." Chito replied still looking in the direction where the herd moved on. "That's just the mysterious way of life Yuu. Maybe the Biodome's ecosystem might collapse one day from overpopulation so that is why we have to be careful and protect this world."

"Chii-chan, is that why we are allowed to only take two fishies from this lake?" Yuuri asked as she turned to look at her.

"I guess so. Two fish per day at this lake, else their numbers might go extinct in the lake if everyone in the unit started eating the fish here instead of the farms."

"So.. let's go catch some lake fishies Chii-chan, I am hungry!" Yuuri smiled as she ran back to the lake.

"Wait... Yuu! we have to set up the camp first."

° ° °

After the girls set up their camp, Yuuri took off her sandals and went in the water to try to catch a fish with her bare hands, but she didn't know this was really a difficult way to catch fish.

"Here fishy, fishy!" Yuuri kept splashing in the water looking at the few fishes that swam along in the deep. Suddenly she jumped in the water trying to catch one without luck and splashed in the water. Her clothes were completely soaked as she got out of the water. Chito couldn't help herself but laugh as she kept looking at Yuuri's futile attempt to catch a fish.

"You will never catch a fish like that, we have to use this!" Chito took a device from her backpack and with a press of a button, it extended to about 2 meters.

"Oooh..." Yuuri got out of the water completely soaked looking at the device that Chito just pulled out of her backpack. "What is that?

"It's called an Auditory Fishing Rod, it's how people in the old century and even now catch fish, but I heard that it's adjusted with some kind of technology so it's easier to catch fish. I guess you throw the lure into the water and then wait for a fish to bite it." Chito replied as she inspected the rod.

"Oooh... can I try?" Yuuri asked as Chito nodded and handed the fishing rod over to her. Yuuri positioned it like a javelin and was ready to throw it into the lake.

"WAAIT!" Chito yelled at her just as she almost threw the rod into the lake. "That's not how you throw it Yuu. Here - " she gently took her by the hands and with a swift motion threw only the lure into the water. "See? Just the lure has to be in the water, not the whole thing. You won't be able to catch a fish otherwise."

"OOOO..." Yuuri exclaimed again as she held the fishing rod tightly in her hands with Chito. " - What do we do now?"

"Well... I think you press this button to turn the lure on and then you wait until the fish bites it." Chito replied as she pressed the button. The lure started emitting an odd sound and vibration in the water.

"And then?" Yuuri asked.

"And then you have to pull out the fish from the water when it bites on the lure. Stand here I'll go prepare for dinner."

After a few minutes of patiently waiting and mumbling, one unfortunate fish bit the lure and started pulling on the rod. "Chii-chan Look!" Yuuri exclaimed "It's pulling on the rod. What do I do?"

"Just press and hold one of the buttons to reel it in and pull upwards!" Chito answered as she placed a hot plate she brought along on their journey on the picnic table, along with several ingredients.

"What this one?" Yuuri pressed another button just close to where she held the rod with both her hands. But with the combination of pulling and reeling, the fish hopped right out of the water and as it unhooked, it flew right into Chito slapping her in the face.

"EEEEEEEEEEH???...." Chito let out a shriek of surprise as she didn't expect a fish to come flying right into her. Yuuri standing close with the rod in her hands and still soaked looked at Chito who was struggling with the fish and then burst into laughter.

"AHAHAHA CHII-CHAAAN! You said there were no flying fish! AHAHAHHAHA!"

Chito kept struggling to place the fish in the fridge and turned to face Yuuri with an angry expression on her face. "HOW ABOUT I SHOW YOU A FLYING DUMMY!" she jumped from the camping chair and started chasing after Yuuri. "I'LL THROW YOU IN THE LAKE YUURI!"

Yuuri unable to compose herself from laughing so hard, tried galloping away from her. "Chii - wait! Another one might fly over so you can catch it! HAHAHA!" but from all that laughter she didn't notice that Chito was actually gaining speed on her like an angry small cheetah. Grabbing her with a swift motion she swung Yuuri around back into the lake.

With a big splash, Yuuri found herself soaked again sitting in the lake. Chito just stood above her looking down on her and unable to control herself she also burst into laughter. She completely forgot what she was angry about. "I told you I will show you a flying dummy! HAHAHAHA!"

She didn't notice that Yuuri with a smirk on her face got out of the lake shouting "I AM A LAKE MONSTER!" and pulled Chito in as well. With another big splash, both of them found themselves completely soaked in the lake, laughing and splashing each other with water.

After they changed into their swimsuits and hung up their clothes to dry, Chito took the fishing rod from Yuuri to catch another fish for their dinner. Yuuri seemed to have still been a recipe for disaster with everything she touched.

° ° °

"Chii-chan! This smells so tasty!" Yuuri impatiently kept waiting and drooling as she watched Chito prepare their dinner on the hot plate she brought on their journey. Filled with an assortment of vegetables and the two fish they managed to catch from the lake, dinner was almost ready. "Mmm... smells better than the canned fish." Yuuri closed her eyes and with a delighted look on her face kept drooling on the table. "But why can't we cook them on fire as we did outside?"

"As I remember fire is not allowed in the forest and if we start a fire the sprinklers will just turn on soaking the campground. You don't want the rest of our things soaked Yuu?" Chito replied as she kept prodding the fish with her chopsticks to see if it was ready. The wonderful smell of grilled fish and vegetables fills up the air as they sizzled on the hot plate.

"Mmmmpphhh... I really wanna eat the fishy!" Yuuri continued giggling and drooling as Chito turned to scour her bag for a plate and chopsticks.

"Hold on, let me get a plate. I think it's ready." Carefully she placed Yuuri's portion on a plate and handed it over to her, and scooped some rice that she prepared at home from one of the food containers.

"What did you bring for drinking?" Yuuri asked as she kept drooling over the steaming plate. "We can't drink the lake I think."

"Ohh... let me see. I have water, beer, and this thing..." Chito opened the small refrigerator and pulled out a dark bottle that they got as a gift the night before. "It's called red wine, I don't understand what 'Merlot' means, it is written on the bottle."

"What's red wine?" Yuuri asked as Chito opened the bottle and took two peculiarly shaped glasses that they got as a gift as well.

"Huh... I guess after all this time here we never tried this drink too... I was told that it's an alcoholic drink made from fermented grapes. The couple that gifted it to us told me they produce it from their own vineyard and told us to drink from these glasses as it enriches the taste. Do you wanna try?"

"Of course Chii-chan." Chito poured the wine into the glasses and handed a glass to Yuuri. Looking at the red liquid through the glass, they were curious to try and see what it tastes like.

"Oooh... it's strong. It's nothing like beer, it's so much fruity." Yuuri sipped on the glass and smiled as it made her ticklish and warm all over.

"Mmm... yes..." Chito tried a sip as well "It's so tasty, but we have to be careful. It's stronger than beer."

"But yes FISHY TIME!" Yuuri exclaimed with her hands up in the air bursting with happiness.

° ° °

"Chii-chaan! Lake fish is the tastiest thing ever!" Yuuri replied laying down on the grass, her belly satisfied with the tasty meal she just had.

"Of course it's tasty, it's fresh fish Yuu." Chito cleaned out their empty plates from the water in the lake and poured another glass of wine for both of them. Chito was careful as to not get drunk again but it seemed like Yuuri could absorb much more alcohol than her without a problem. The warm sun was still high up in the sky.

"Chii-chan do you want to go swimming?" Yuuri asked as she got up from the rug and stretched "I've wanted to go swimming since we arrived here."

"Sure, I brought out this thing called a floater that I can inflate so I don't drown again." Chito scoured through her backpack and pulled the floater out. "I need to inflate it though." She turned to look at Yuuri but again found herself red-faced as she took off her swimsuit and stood naked at the edge of the lake. She had nothing else but just her necklace and her ring on.

"Errr.... you do realize it's called a swimsuit for a reason Yuu! But you just want any kind of excuse to get naked!"

"Chii-chan there is no one here just us two. C'mon, let's go swimming!" Yuuri replied as she ran into the lake and jumped "NYUUUU!" she yelled and with a big splash found herself in the water "Eeeee... it's kinda cold, it's just like swimming in that water tank but it's much different. This is so much more fun!"

"One second." Chito finished inflating the floater and placed it around herself. It was a yellow floater she found somewhere in the program of the object synthesizer that said it could help with floating and she wanted to try it out. Slowly she moved into the water accumulating in the cold water.

"Chii-chan, you should get naked too!" Yuuri giggled as she stared at her blushing softly.

"Nooo! Someone might come and see us!" she responded carefully floating along the surface of the water closer to Yuuri. "Brrrr... so cold." Chito slightly shivered as Yuuri swam close to her and gently grabbed the floater.

"You look so cute with that thing around you Chii-chan." she smiled bumping her nose with hers.

Chito blushed again as Yuuri got closer to her in the water. "You really can't resist being naked you silly girl!" she chuckled softly looking at her eyes. Yuuri gently reached her head closer to her and placed a peck on Chito's lips still holding onto the floater. "Let's go check out the waterfall... I'll pull you along." Yuuri smiled as she held on to the floater and swam to the waterfall.

"Oooh... it's like taking a cold shower!" Yuuri replied as the water gently splashed over their heads.

Chito with a smile kept floating next to her enjoying herself "But still, it's kinda cold." she replied and shivered.

"It's not so bad, it's warmer than the water on the outside." Yuuri responded as she peeked to see what was just behind the waterfall, "Oooh Chii-chan, look a cave." just behind the waterfall there was a cave that Yuuri just discovered and pulled Chito along with her inside. The gentle splashing sound of the waterfall felt so comfortable and calm inside the cave.

"I wonder, how did they build this cave Chii-chan?"

"I think through a process called 'algorithmic terraforming', they told me that the whole process was an experiment to create landscapes like this on other planets as well. But yeah, it does look so wonderful." Chito replied looking around inside the cave, she could feel her feet touching the rocks just underneath her. Yuuri got out of the water and sat down in the rocky interior checking out the small cave.

"Do you want to live here the rest of our lives Chii-chan? We don't have to wear any clothes and we can eat fishies almost every day!"

Chito kept blushing as she looked at Yuuri being so carefree with her nudity. "Well... I prefer our house it's so much more comfortable Yuu, and I know you can't get out of the kotatsu!" she replied as she got out of the water to check out the cave. "Besides we can't grow any food inside the cave."

"I know but still it's so cozy and cute." Yuuri chuckled as she kept checking out the interior of the cave. "Chii-chan, cmon take off your swimsuit. I don't think anyone can see us in here!" Chito kept blushing and sat down beside Yuuri looking around the cave. "And if someone comes, I'll protect Chii-chan from the eyes of the other people!!!"

"Pff... fine... you win." she finally gave in and carefully took out her swimsuit placing it on the rocks beside her. She found herself nude again sitting close to Yuuri "Happy?" she replied and blushed as they looked at each other.

"Hihi... it's just like taking a bath at home Chii-chan. You shouldn't be so embarrassed." Yuuri replied as she jumped again into the cold water inside the cave swimming around.

"But we have to wear swimsuits around other people Yuu, and when we go to the pool to exercise as well... it's just... kinda embarrassing you know..." Chito replied still sitting on the cold ground of the cave, covering herself with her legs.

"Chii-chan, cmon I'll show you how to swim!" Yuuri exclaimed as she grabbed her by the leg and gently pulled Chito back into the water.

"Wait wait... I'll drown again."

"No! You won't I'll hold you tight!" Yuuri replied as she gently brought her along to the deeper side of the cave. "Ok, I'll hold you and you start gently swaying your legs. That is how you keep afloat." Chito was still afraid but she did exactly as Yuuri told her and could feel she was staying afloat.

"This is wonderful!" Chito replied as she swayed her legs around.

"You have to sway your arms like this too!" Yuuri replied gesturing a swaying motion to her as Chito repeated after her. "I will teach you how to swim but, please remember this if you ever find yourself alone in deep water." Yuuri replied, but she seemed to have been worried about something that happened in the past as she looked at Chito who kept practicing staying afloat.

"Yuu, I wish I knew this back at the water tank. I wouldn't have sunk in the deep."

"Chii-chan I kept telling you how to do it but you almost drowned, you really scared me back then because it was my fault too!" Yuuri replied swimming close to her and gently clutching her closer looking deeply into her eyes. "What if I lost you back then down in that pool?"

"Well, you came to my rescue, Yuu!" Chito replied and chuckled but Yuuri still had a serious look in her eyes.

"I know, but we've been close to death so many times now... I was really afraid each time Chii-chan. I was really afraid of losing you..." Yuuri replied and snuggled close to her.

Chito's heart started pounding even faster and kept blushing as her bare body was so close to Yuuri's in the water. Every time they took a bath, they both shared these feelings for each other but it still felt embarrassing to do anything about it. Now that they were older, she felt that she didn't want anything more in the world but to show her just how much she loved her. "We are safe here, but if we ever go out again promise me we will stay safe and be more careful. After all that we've been through, I don't want to ever lose you Chii-chan."

"Well, that's easy I am never going out there ever again!" Chito replied still in her embrace. She has never been so close naked to her before and suddenly it felt so peaceful and pleasant, but she didn't care about being embarrassed anymore. She felt like her soul connected with Yuuri's.

"Chii-chan, that's ok but we will stay safe if we ever go out again. Please promise me?" Yuuri replied and smiled looking back at her, both of them gently floated back to the shallow area inside the cave still embraced.

"I - promise - Yuu - "

Chito closed her eyes and gently placed her lips to Yuuri's, kissing her deeply she felt her body connected with hers on a more heartfelt spiritual level. She wanted to eternally stay in Yuuri's embrace like this. They kept kissing calmly with their eyes closed, and the sound of the gentle waterfall gently filled the ambiance of the cave with warmness.

"I promise you - my sweetheart - we will stay safe... I will never leave your side."

° ° °

"Chii-chan, I felt so warm and so peaceful - inside the cave with you by my side." Yuuri with a flushed face lay down on the rug near their tent gently holding Chito's hand close to her heart. Both of them already dressed up were looking up at the sky as the day was almost over, the evening sun lit up the beautiful forest in all varieties of colors. Chito with a flushed face smiled, laying in Yuuri's embrace.

"I wouldn't have wanted it any other way Yuu-chan. I love you, Yuuri."

"I love you too, Chii-chan." Yuuri replied, still holding her close. The minutes passed away in sweet silence in each other's embrace.

"Yuu... I could almost forget the ceiling is glass." Chito said as she kept looking up at the sky, the clouds outside gently drifted across the evening sky up in the massive array of glass on the ceiling. To observe the sun and sky with your own eyes one had to go out of the Biodome, but the citizens mostly preferred to stay inside and only ever went out of the dome on supply runs. "But I guess at times we forget we live inside a 'fantasy' Yuu. If the last of humanity that's left here are not careful this will also be gone too, one day - It will just be a distant memory left in the archive."

"Chii-chan, I guess it's a wonderful fantasy and I am glad that we get to share it together." Yuuri smiled as she kept gazing up at the sky and the vast horizon. "Oh Chii-Chan, I wonder what is that pilar we saw way over there?" Yuuri asked pointing towards the nearest pillar in the distance that extended up to the ceiling.

"I think it's just for structural support and there is a staircase that leads up to the ceiling of the Biodome. I think you can see the sky from up there." Chito responded looking at the pillar in the distance.

"Chii-chan, do you want to go climb it up? I would like to see the real sky and stars once again with you. Besides, it looks like we haven't made the final climb yet, and grandpa told us to climb to the top of the world." Yuuri asked as she kept looking up at the ceiling just where the pilar ended.

"But grandpa meant to come up to the dome, and besides it's still really cold outside!" Chito answered as Yuuri rolled around and grabbed her backpack. "And it's going to be dark soon."

"Chii-chan, look what I took with us." Yuuri took out the uniforms that they wore on the outside and kept them warm from the cold. "We can wear our old uniform up there and it won't be that cold, besides I can always share my warmth with you. And we can bring the rug and the wine up there as well. I think they will keep us warm as we look at the sky." Yuuri smiled as she got up and stood close to Chito showing her the jackets. She was already determined to go on the last climb together.

Chito also got up from the rug to check out her jacket "But you know that I am afraid to go out there again, Yuu."

Yuuri looked back at her and gently held Chito's hands. "Chii-chan, I was afraid of the darkness and you were there close to me every time so the dark didn't feel so scary anymore. I know that together we can do anything and I will be there right beside you on the top! I really want to see the stars with you again, and they are out there waiting for us. I'll keep you safe and if it's dangerous we can immediately go back to the camp."

Chito couldn't do anything else to convince her to stay. "Ok Yuu, you convinced me to do yet another crazy thing like earlier - inside the cave..." She blushed and leaned to take the rug and another bottle of wine with the glasses from the fridge.

"Ok then, let's go on our last climb."

° ° °

It was already dark in the forest as both Chito and Yuuri kept on hiking towards the entrance of the pillar with their flashlights on. The dark forest already came to life with the sounds of all kinds of nocturnal animals.

"Chii - I was wrong! I am still scared of the dark!" Yuuri held out her hand as Chito gently squeezed her hand.

"It was your idea, you silly girl!" Chito replied as they kept walking on the path toward the pillar. She kept pointing the flashlight around careful not to trip over the branches of the tree. "It seemed so close and yet we've been walking for a long time."

"There!" Yuuri exclaimed pointing towards small directional lights on the ground that leads up to the entrance of the pillar. "I think we have to follow the lights on the ground Chii-chan."

"Hmmm.... sure" they both changed their directions and found themselves at the entrance of the pillar. The huge cylindrical structure extended up to the sky and it felt like another long climb to the top of the world. "Ummm... this reminds me just like when we reached the pillar on the bottom layer... Yuu." her heart started beating furiously.

"So... are you ready to climb it Chii-chan?" Yuuri asked her as she took their jackets out of their backpack.

"I - I guess so." with hesitation Chito reached her hands to take her jacket and put it on. Yuuri did the same with hers.

"Well, it looks like we are going out there again, Chii-chan!" Yuuri replied as Chito pressed a button near the entrance. A door slid to each side opening the staircase that felt like it went on forever to the top. The pillar inside looked like it was lit up from the top to the bottom with lights going off in every direction.

"Ok, let's climb it up. But you have to hold me Yuu, I forgot I was afraid of heights."

° ° °

After some time passed climbing up the staircase, they finally reached the top of the pillar. Covered in sweat and exhausted Chito sat down on the floor, she felt completely out of shape since the time they were on the outside.

"Ahh... uhhhh... I forgot how hard it is - to go upstairs...." Chito complained with Yuuri standing close by and breathing heavily as well. "I am surprised - you managed to climb the stairs - with your leg - Yuu - you really are - exceptional."

"I knoow... I am a - god... - after all ahh..." Yuuri couldn't stand anymore and also sat down on the floor to catch her breath. Chito pulled out her flask and took a huge gulp of water and handed it to Yuuri who managed to drink the whole thing. "So... how do we go out on the roof?" Yuuri asked as Chito slowly getting her composure back, got up and inspected the room.

Beside the staircase and a blast door on the ceiling, there was nothing else in the room, not even a window. The huge blast door could be opened by a press of a button on the screen located near it. "I think you have to press the button on the screen and we can go out on the roof!" Chito replied as she trailed her finger on the screen. The blast door was the only thing that stood between the girls and the world outside. With just the press of a button, they would find themselves on the outside... yet again.

"Chii-chan, Are you ready?" Yuuri asked and smiled as Chito stepped back, she was too frightened to press the button.

"I - I - am really not sure..." Chito replied as Yuuri got up and gently hugged her from behind. "What if I press the button and we wake up out there once again, Yuu? Today has been another beautiful day with you and being so close to you - I just - never want this dream to be over."

"Chii-chan, even if everything up to this point since they rescued us was a dream and we wake up out there again, I know that we will be together. If this was all a dream, then I am sure we would find somewhere else we can be happy. Chii-chan - you have to understand that I will never leave you." Yuuri placed her head down on her and smiled "I will never let anything happen to you."

"Ok... I guess I have we have to find out once and for all, Yuu." Yuuri gently took her hand close to hers and after they looked at each other with a smile on their faces, they closed their eyes just as Chito pressed the button on the screen.

An alarm and a flashing red light started blaring loudly as the blast door started opening slowly on the ceiling and the stairs kept making their form to the exit. The cold and dead air rushed through them from the outside. Keeping their eyes closed and their hands locked together, they stood still waiting and waiting, until the alarm stopped blaring and the blast door widely opened.

The familiar dead silence of the world outside that they have comprehended for a really long time, terrified Chito to the essence of her heart. She tightly squeezed Yuuri's hand as her heart started pounding so fast. This was the same familiar feeling she had when they reached the top of the world and thought they found nothing and no one up there. Walking upwards and through the blast doors hand in hand with Yuuri, she still kept her eyes tightly shut.

Once again, it felt so cold and dead outside.

"CHII-CHAN." The voice of Yuuri echoed through the dead silence.

"Open your eyes!"

Chito thought to herself, it was time to wake up on the outside once again. Once she opened her eyes, she would find herself on the bottom layers surviving and starving together with Yuuri. But she had to do it, she had to open her eyes. She had to finally know that it was all a dream, and if all up to this point it was all a dream. Their wedding, their home, their family, the Biodome, being so close to Yuuri... it was all a dream, but only when she opened her eyes. She had to open them now, and finally know the answer. "I am so scared but... I know that... Yuuri is so close and she holds my hand."

"Chii-chan! OPEN YOUR EYES! LOOK!" Yuuri exclaimed pointing up toward the sky. "CHII-CHAN! IT'S THE MOON!"

Chito slowly opened her eyes and looked at Yuuri who jumped around from happiness. The blast door opened wide and still stood behind them, the 12 blue lights shimmered far in the distance along with many other lights scattered across the whole Biodome. The structure was unbelievably huge and it went into the far horizon.

And then she looked up. The whole sky was covered in a carpet of glittering stars and only the light of the full moon lit up the whole world above them. The moon felt so close that Chito felt they could jump and catch it.

"We reached the moon CHII-CHAN! WE DID IT!" Yuuri kept giggling and shouting "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! IT'S SO HUUUGE!"

Chito couldn't help but start laughing - abruptly months and months of pain and doubt that accumulated inside her finally washed away.

It was real!

The 'unit' was real!

Up to this point, everything was real!

She wasn't dreaming anymore.

She finally found the closure she was looking for with her own two eyes. Up to this point, grandpa told them to go to the top of the world, but in some way, he meant for them to come up here. To the highest point in the city, to know that they are safe and that they had a home, family, and a future just underneath that they can share together.

"...Maybe what we are seeing is not there, but far into the distance. Or inside the layer..." Chito spoke to herself repeating the words she spoke the first day they reached the top of the world. Smiling and feeling a bit cold Chito reached her hands inside the pocket of the jacket to warm them up, but she could feel a familiar object inside.

"WE DID IT!" Yuuri kept exclaiming as she jumped into Chito hurling her towards the snow on the ground in a warm embrace. "Chii-chan... I am so happy. I want to say today was the happiest day of our lives, but with you, every day is the happiest day of my life!"

"Yuu! guess what... I found it!" Chito started laughing again underneath Yuuri. "I FOUND IT! THE GRENADE PIN! It's been inside my jacket the whole time!" She pulled it out showing it to her as she kept laughing and laughing "I don't know how I forgot that it was inside my jacket all the time! But here it is! It's the grenade pin!"

"Chii-chan, give it to me I don't trust you with it anymore!" Yuuri jokingly replied as she took the pin and placed it around her necklace.

"There... they will stay together just like the two of us. I will keep it safe near my heart until you get a necklace too. Just like I will keep you safe... my love." smiling and embracing once again, they both stared into each other's eyes before they kissed again.

° ° °

"So, what do you want to do?"

Chito asked her as Yuuri still lay on top of her.

"Well, let's look at the stars and the moon, and we can drink that wine you took with us."

"Yes! We need to celebrate our last climb." Chito replied as she got out from underneath her. Reaching into her backpack she took out the rug and neatly placed it down on the snow as she sat together with Yuuri looking up at the moon. She took out the two glasses and the wine and poured a large glass for both of them.

After a while, they kept laughing and drinking as they looked up at the moon with the widest and happiest smiles in the world.

"Chii-chan..." Yuuri spoke cuddled close. "I kept reading about the girl in the story, that when her lover passed away she did something. I've been meaning to ask you, what does 'assisted suicide' mean?"

"Oh, I read somewhere that it means when you get help to end your life. Usually, it's with an injection or something similar to that. I remember in that story that after her accident, she was unable to move and was heartbroken that her husband passed away from the accident." Chito responded with a sad tone. "She blamed herself for what happened to him and couldn't live with it, and made a decision after she finished writing her memoirs from their last travel before the accident, she would go with the decision to join him in the afterlife. She was deeply afraid that they would be forgotten, but I am happy that they keep living in her books, even though I was unable to find the rest of the story in the archive."

"Chii - please promise me if anything happens to me you won't do something like that. Please." Yuuri replied holding her close in her arms. "I know there is a family here that loves us and if we have children one day they will also love us. And if something were to happen to both of us, they would be devastated. But... if I go one day before you, I promise that I will wait for you on the other side. It will be lonely and dark but... I will be brave and wait for you to come. We are also lonely in this world, but I'm so glad that I get to share that loneliness with you."

Chito looked back at Yuuri and closed her eyes gently resting her head on her chest. "Yuu, I want to imagine that one day when we are like a thousand years old that one night when we are ready, we will have a nice meal together, a warm bath and then go to sleep in each other's arms and drift away together towards that darkness. Because just imagining it makes me so afraid and... I don't know what I will do without you, Yuu... I wouldn't want to imagine a world without you or if anything bad happens to us... I hope that we have a long life ahead of us and that one day we will have a family of our own. I know that grandpa wanted a good life for us because he was so far away from his family and struggled to help us." Chito replied and smiled. "I just want to respect his wish that we will be happy and together for a long time, he gave his life away so we can have one, Yuu."

Yuuri hugged her even tighter "I don't know what I would do without you as well, Chii-chan. I am happy that we are safe and we have food and a home, and one day we would have beautiful children. But after all, that happened, I am happy. I've never been so happier in my life with you, Chii-chan."

"Me too - Yuu."

They kept snuggling at the top of the world looking up at the moon that guided them toward their new home until they got cold and sleepy.

It was time to go back to the camp, back inside their home.

° ° °

"Chiiii--chaaa...." Yuuri kept stumbling and tried to keep close to Chito as both of them walked towards their camp. "Did I *hick* mention that *hick* you looked soooooooooooooo blutful *hick* under the moon *hick* light..."

"Yuuri! You drank so much wine! C'mon just a little while and we can go to sleep." Chito kept struggling to walk forward with Yuuri as she stumbled around, she managed to drink the whole bottle of wine at the roof.

"But Chiiii... I mean *hick* to say you are butifeeeeeeel...." she kept giggling and held on to Chito for support.

"I know, you tell that to me every day now. C'mon! Stay concentrated!" Chito replied, but reasoning with her drunk wife was just pointless.

"Chitooh... did you notice... I have 10 fingers *hick* WHOOOOA!"

"And one nose, I know Yuu! Geeze!" Chito mildly annoyed still walked together with Yuuri towards their camp. It was close, but it felt like they walked forever, and the climb down from the pillar was even more difficult holding onto Yuuri who was completely drunk.

"Chiii--- can we do that... cave thing again inside *hick* the tent?"

Chito got flustered once again at the mention of what happened inside the cave. "Errr... maybe another day - Yuu - we have all the time in the world to do that... thing" she replied and still flustered kept carrying her around "But we need to go to sleep. I am so tired and you are just... drunk again!"

Once they reached the tent Chito opened it slowly, but she let go of Yuuri for just a second as she fell inside it. "Oh no!" Chito exclaimed as Yuuri lay face down on their sleeping bag, drooling all over and giggling.

"Chii-chaan I didn't know you were so *hick* so eager to go to bed *hick*!"

Chito sitting close to her drunk wife helped her take her clothes off and put on her nightgown, Chito somehow managed to tuck her into their shared sleeping bag. Yuuri immediately drifted off to sleep snoring loudly. Sitting above the sleeping bag, Chito smiled as she looked down at her and leaned to place a gentle peck on her cheek.

"Today was such a wonderful day Yuu. I want every day to be just like today, with you by my side." taking her clothes off and putting on her nightgown, she got inside the sleeping bag and snuggled close to Yuuri turning off the lantern. She looked deep into her closed eyes and smiled once again.

"Goodnight, my strong and wonderful girl, Yuuri."

Closing her eyes she drifted off to sleep, deep in her lover's embrace.

 

 

(Continued in Chapter 12)
(LATEST REVISION: 12th December 2022)

3