Chapter 15: Blazing Blossoms
1.6k 14 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 15: Blazing Blossoms

 

I was completely bewildered. I felt completely beyond myself as my class’s latent ability ended. I didn’t know latent abilities existed, but that was beyond impressive. I began wondering to myself—would I be able to hold such power in the future?

 

I looked around at the area to which I had been teleported. It was similar to the challenge area I was just in—but it was more open. Trees were spread out, trees that seemed they were breathing fire. They looked like cherry blossoms, but as the fiery leaves fell, ash blew in the air. The ground was charred, and the path in front of me led to a gazebo. I could faintly make someone out in the distance.

 

This—this should be a shop, right? I walked on the path as the scene of beauty encompassed my view. A low hanging leaf fell in front of me. I held out my hand and let it fall on my palm. My body reacted, and I felt a sense of control over the fire. I twirled it around in my hand, then let it turn to ash as I continued along the charred path. Interesting.

 

A soft and alluring voice reached my ears, “It’s not everyday I get visitors. Especially ones as ordinary as you.” The figure I had seen earlier spoke. She was lying back, legs crossed as her hand supported her up, her other playing with a pipe. Hair, long and gray as ash, hung from her. She wore a loose, deep red robe which looked slightly like a kimono. Around her neck hung a string of various sized fangs, it looked quite intimidating.

 

“You are here to fight, right?” She smiled, letting out a faint laugh. “Fair warning, you shouldn’t challenge someone in their own domain.” She began standing up, slow in her movement.

 

I was taken aback, “No… ma’am?” I didn’t know how to regard her. “I thought this was a shop.”

 

“Oh?” she said, continuing coquettishly, “I swear I heard you say you were going to fight the strong.”

 

I stared at her for a second as I understood her meaning. “So, is this not a shop?”

 

Her expression started turning into a glare, but it soon recovered. She smiled, “It is! What would you like? Hmm, if you become my champion, I’ll grant you an additional 10,000 divinity points.”

 

“Your champion?” What the hell did that mean? 10,000 divinity points?!

 

“Oh? Haven’t heard of me?” She extended a hand. “Seems like I have the upper hand here in identity, so here.” I looked at her hand. Was she trying to hand me a business card or something? She held it out there for a couple of seconds, then asked, “You aren’t going to shake?” Ah. A handshake. I haven’t had to do that in quite awhile. I shook her hand. And I felt it.

 

I felt an inferno as our hands clasped together. I felt as if I was floating in the air. Visions of volcanoes, magma, wildfires, burning villages, and ash filled my head. I unconsciously let go of her hand, and the words she said after surprised me.

 

“I am Keena, Goddess of the Ashen Flame. You are within my domain, and have been in my domain since you arrived. Aurel was a spawn created from within the ashes which had fallen to the lower level of my domain. Welcome to my {Blazing Blossoms}, Zeryn Felix.” After the introduction, a menu appeared before me. It was the divinity shop.

 

[System Notice: Your wisdom has increased by 1.]

 

Wisdom! It’s been a while. I scanned through the shop, and there were many impressive items. I was practically biting my nails as I looked through it.

 

Divinity Shop of the Ashen Flame

Flamberge of the Ashen Flame

Cost: 1,000,000 DP

A sword of divine power, nearing the deities themselves. Provides multiple abilities.

All attributes +100. Fire damage +1000%.

Attack power: 950 [Rank: SSS]

Requirement: Champion of the Ashen Flame

Cuirass of the Ashen Flame

Cost: 750,000 DP

A cuirass of divine power, nearing the deities themselves.

Provides multiple abilities.

All attributes +95. Fire absorption +300%.

Defense power: 905 [Rank: SSS]

Requirement: Champion of the Ashen Flame

Platelegs of the...

Platelegs of divine....

 

The shop sorted from the most expensive items at the top, and I couldn't change it. I had to scroll through all these glorious items to reach the bottom. The equipment in the 500-1000 divinity points region were from a high ‘E’ to a low ‘D’ rank. There was nothing less than 500.

Divinity Shop of the Ashen Flame

Ashen Gladius

Cost: 1,000 DP

A gladius slightly empowered by the Goddess of Ashen Flame.

Fire Attack +25%.

Attack power: 34 [Rank: D]

Requirement: 10 Strength

Ashen Chainmail

Cost: 750 DP

A chainmail slightly tempered by the Goddess of Ashen Flame.

Fire Resist +5%.

Defense power: 30 [Rank: E]

Requirement: 5 Vitality

Ashen Chaps

Cost: 500 DP

Chaps created from a fiery beast, slain by the Goddess of Ashen Flame.

Fire Resist +5%.

Defense Power: 22 [Rank: E]

Requirement: 5 Vitality

 

I had my eyes on that gladius. My attack power would go up quite a lot. Additionally, I just hit ten strength. I could get two pieces of 500 cost ‘E’ equipment, but I wanted the sword.

 

“Are you sure you don’t want to be my champion?” Keena, the Goddess of this domain, asked once more. Well, if I were to become a champion, I could get 10,000 divinity points. Then, I could outfit myself and be stronger than ever.

 

“How do I become a champion?” I asked.

 

“You give yourself to me.” She smiled. “You cannot give yourself to any other. I acquire all the divinity you obtain, and will return you 30% of it. You will fight for me on the surface, and help spread my name.”

 

[System Notice: Do you wish to become a Champion of the Ashen Flame? Y,N.

Warning: Becoming a Champion of the Ashen Flame will prevent you from becoming a different Champion. Some of your abilities will also change.]

 

“I must refuse.” I didn’t want to be a champion at this time. I needed to keep my options open for now, though I must admit it was very tempting.

 

I bought the Ashen Gladius from the Divinity Shop.

 

“Well then,” she said as she started to sit back down. “Perhaps we’ll see each other again. Just be a bit better than ordinary next time, okay?” She coyly laughed as I reappeared at the shrine. Though, this is really just the lower level of her domain.

 

A spiral staircase appeared near the shrine. I equipped my Ashen Gladius, throwing my starter longsword into my inventory. The Ashen Gladius was just a bit shorter, but it was definitely more powerful. I stepped onto the first step of the flight, and the usual light enveloped me.

 

[System Notice: Floor 5 complete. Heading to starting point for Floor 6.]

 

I opened my eyes.

 

[System Notice: You completed Floor 5. You gained 500 EXP.]

 

[System Notice: You leveled up to Lv7! Congratulations! Health increased by 10. Mana increased by 2. You received 2 AP. ]

 

[System Notice: Welcome to Floor 6’s starting point.]

 

I was inside a large tent. Looking outside the tent, I could see dunes. Sand dunes. I was now in a sandy region, perhaps a desert. That meant hot days, cold nights. The heat hasn’t really been affecting me, probably because of my Fire Resistance, but I had nothing to wield against the cold.

 

Hmmm? No notice regarding conquering. Was it due to being a challenge floor? I looked at my level up notice. I had seen how luck works, and all my physical attributes were ten. I could either boost some other attributes or start getting my luck up. I placed my two AP into ‘Luck’. Then, I pulled up my status. “Status!”

 

Status

Health: 170/170

Mana: 24/24

Name: Zeryn Felix, The Treasure Dabbler

Level: 7 [EXP 490/19200]

Class: Miraculum

Titles: Treasure Dabbler, Oathtaker: A Friend of Goblins

Attributes

Vitality: 10

Strength: 10 (15)

Dexterity: 10

Agility: 10

Willpower: 7 (12)

Intelligence: 6

Perception: 5 (12)

Wit: 5

Wisdom*: 10

Charisma: [5]

Luck: 19 (24)

Active Buffs: None

Active Abilities: {Spin!}, {Biding Hellfire Rupture}, {Goblin’s Recovery Hymn},

{Area Scan},  {Sudden Slumber}, {Shrouded Blink},

{Goblin Alchemy: Elemental Flask}

Passive Abilities: {Assimilation}, {Fire Resistance: B}, {Goblin’s Tongue},

{Battle Prowess}, {Wield Element: Fire}

Assimilation:

Unknown Ability: [???] 8/50

Unknown  Ability: [???] 1/??

 

My mental attributes are still pretty low. And Charisma—does that signify it is capped? Also, {Spin!} should be ready now!

 

“Spin!”

 

[System: You used Spin. The wheel will spin for 15 seconds.]

 

The wheel I first saw on floor one was here again. The wheel which allowed me to even get this far. It provided me not only my ‘Kite of Biding Eruption’, but it also provided my {Assimilation}. Both have been key factors to getting here.

 

The wheel kept spinning, and I was hoping for a good result. Then, it stopped.

 

[System: The Spin has been completed. You landed on ‘Ability’. Congratulations! The wheel will spin again.]

 

The wheel started spinning again as the options on it changed. A new ability—yes! The wheel slowed down as the options showed up. The options were different ratings.

 

[System: The spin has resulted in ‘Pick Abilities: Rating B’. Rules: For each ability picked, you will immediately receive a curse. Good luck!]

 

“An ability rated 'B?!” I let the words pop out of my mouth. It says ‘each ability picked’. Does that mean I can pick multiples? I looked at the options that appeared.

 

  • {Perfect by Nature} - A passive ability. Nature deems you perfect and assists you to its standard. All attributes +10. HP +100. MP +40.
  • {Weapons Master: Novice} - A passive ability. All weapon values +75%. Can improve to Master.
  • {Conjure: Earthen Burrower} - An active ability. Earthen Burrower will fight until it cannot. Has 2000 HP.
  • {Elemental Barrage} - An active ability. Bring upon the forces of fire, ice, water, earth, lightning, and wind as you launch the barrage.
  • {Purifying Ward} - An active ability. A ward revolves around you, while greatly lowering stats of those of evil nature in the area of effect. Affects attack, defense, speed, magic power, magic defense, and ability to regenerate.

 

I wanted them all. I wasn’t sure what a curse did, but for these rewards, it must be pretty harsh. Yet all these choices were great. Definitely worthy of being so highly rated.

 

I picked the first ability I wanted. I suddenly felt something squirming in my body, and then I felt my heart grow tight. It felt like my heart was being suppressed.

 

[System Notice: You’ve been cursed! A Heart Snake [Curse Rating: B] has invaded your body. Maximum Health -50%. Warning: Two Heart Snakes results in death of the accursed.]

 

I don’t think I could chance another curse now.

30