Chapter 1 – A Sleepy Draco Is A Draco I Can’t Deal With
110 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"DAMN SON!" Piers yelled as I crashed into him. We both tumbled to the ground, Harry dashing across the park to help us. 

"Harry, watch -" I started as the swing swung back around and crashed into him, sending him to the ground next to us. "- out." I finished.

You're probably wondering what the fuck we were doing. Well, to answer your question, we were all messing around in the park, Harry, Dudley, Piers, Hannah, Megan, Sasha, and I. We were all having this competition to see who could swing the highest on the swings and stay on their swing, and of course, that didn't end well. Dudley was the first to go, which wasn't surprising at all, no offence to him. Then Megan, who wasn't the most agile of people. Then Sasha, who was giggling too hard to concentrate, then Hannah, who lost her balance. Then Harry accidentally fell off after he attempted to play-kick me. Then Piers lost his grip after swinging too high, and five seconds after he stood up, I flew off mine and into him. 

"Okay, so Daisy won that." Dudley said, panting. Everyone nodded their agreement, including me. 

"Let's play Truth or Dare!" I squealed, and everyone nodded, grinning. "Dudley, truth or dare?" 

Dudley went pale. Everyone knew that my dares were a bad idea. "T-truth." He stuttered.

"Do you fancy Piers?" 

Everyone burst into laughter, and Dudley grinned. "Aye." Piers leaned over and bro-hugged him. I took a picture of them on Snapchat and captioned it 'Bromance intensifies: Pudley' and added it to My Story. 

"Megan." Dudley said. "Truth or dare?"

"Truth." Megan said, grinning.

"Do you think Harry's fit?"

"A wee bit." Megan admitted.

"Dudley." I shot him a playful warning glance. "He's got a girlfriend, you know."

Dudley's mouth dropped open. "Who?!" Hannah squealed, so loudly I thought my ears were going to drop off. 

"Suzanne, this girl at St Marigold's." Harry said dreamily. "Though she's not just any old girl ... she's beautiful, she's amazingly kind and sweet ... I'd do anything for her, she's the best girl ever ... second to Daisy, of course."

"Aww, Harry's in love." I teased. Harry snapped out of his dreaminess and glared at me. 

"Let's just hear you talk about Draco, then." He said. I immediately felt myself turn bright pink. 

Just the thought of him made me feel tingles all over myself, made me smile, made my heart explode in happiness. 

"Oh, is this that Draco person from two years ago that you were talking about with us?" Sasha said, grinning excitedly.

"How the hell do you remember stuff like that?" I shook my head. "Yeah, yeah it is."

"I suppose you broke up with that Terry guy, then?" Megan said sadly. 

"Yeah." I said, my voice lowering a bit as I looked at my hands. Then I looked back up at them all, grinning like a maniac probably. "But don't worry. I got revenge."

"Oh?" Hannah prompted.

I remembered the revenge I took on Terry a week after we made up. I'd gathered all his electronic devices in the middle of his dorm, with the exception of his phone, because he had it with him, and set them on fire. I remembered his scream when he discovered me laughing maniacally amongst the fire and burning plastic.

"SOFTPAW!" 

I'd even teased him afterwards that he was most distressed about losing his porn collection on his laptop. 

I repeated all this to the group, and they all had shocked expressions by the end - mouths dropped open, eyes wide, and all.

"You go girl!" Megan high-fived me. 

"That's the way to do it!" Sasha cheered. 

"So you got together with the Draco guy?" Megan quizzed.

"Aye." I said, looking anywhere but at them to hide my once-again pink face.

"And?" Megan prompted, grinning evilly. 

"And that's all there is to it. We got together."

"Do you ... love him?" Sasha sniggered.

"Guys!" I squeaked, hiding my face in my hands. "Maybe." I muttered under my breath into them.

"Hannah, truth or dare?" I heard the game resuming, and I looked up.

"Truth." She said.

"Was it, or was it not, you and Dudley's fault that I broke my arm two years ago?" Megan demanded.

"Um, well, it might have been ..." Hannah muttered. "Anyway!" She said loudly. "Sasha, truth or dare?" 

"Truth." Sasha said.

"Favourite meme?" 

"Pepe." 

"I knew it." Hannah fist-pumped the air.

"Harry, truth or dare?" Sasha asked.

"Truth." He said.

"Where do you really go to school?" Sasha narrowed her eyes at him. 

"What?" Harry said, his eyes widening slightly.

"I looked it up on Google. There aren't any boy's schools near St Marigold's, and the only boarding school in the same vicinity is another all-girl's school." 

Harry shrugged, his expression not changing, the definition of chill. "I don't think it has a school website yet. It's just been built, and it's kinda short on funds. And let's just say it isn't on a map." He glanced at me with that last sentence, fighting a grin. 

Sasha nodded slowly. "Alright." She said. She actually believed him!

I low-fived Harry out of sight of anybody else.

But I felt kinda uncomfortable keeping a secret this big from my friends-since-childhood.

"Daisy, truth or dare?" Harry asked, sniggering.

"Dare." I winked, and everyone 'oooh'd'. 

"I dare you to prank call Lewis." Harry grinned. Everyone else nodded excitedly. I hadn't forgotten the immature, annoying kid from our old Muggle school.

I whipped out my phone and scrolled through my very long list of contacts and got to 'Lewis ????' at last. I read his number, then I dragged the group to a payphone. I punched in his number, and when he answered, I said, "I will find you ... and I will kill you," in a low, raspy voice. I heard Lewis's childish scream on the other end, and dropped the phone, laughing so hard I thought I was going to piss myself. 

"P-piers, truth or d-dare?" I choked out.

"Dare!" He gritted his teeth, an apprehensive look on his face. 

I cackled. Everyone looked at me, scared. Except for Harry and Dudley, who were very used to my shit. 

"I dare you to run through the Alley of Horror." I said, grinning.

"Fuck no!" Piers's eyes widened. "I'll die!" 

"Dare's a dare, Polkiss."

"Fine, goddamn it!" Piers gritted his teeth again as we wandered to the Alley of Horror. Everyone in Little Winging knew about it. People were constantly dared to run through it. 

We reached the narrow join between the two houses, and stopped, Piers jogging on the spot nervously. 

"No, I can't do it - look, there's more of them, because it's summer!" Piers pointed at the alley, shuddering.

"Toughen up, wimp." I slapped him on the back. "I'll send you a gift on FarmVille later if you do it."

"Okay." Piers seemed to brighten up a tiny bit. "Alright." 

He got into position at the front of the alley. He took a deep breath, wiped his brow, then charged forward, screaming like a baby as he sprinted through the thick spider webs, the huge spiders scuttling down them, provoked. There were about a hundred thousand of them, more and more of them pouring down from the higher webs, emerging from the shadows. 

The group and I walked leisurely around the houses to meet up with Piers. "Keeping your mouth shut would have been a good idea." I said casually to him. 

"Shut up." Piers wiped his mouth with the back of his hand, then winced as he realised it was covered with spider webs, then squealed as he shook a spider the size of a golf ball off his other hand. 

"You better send me a damn good gift." 

~~~

"Daisy-Flower ... Oh, Daisy-Flower ..." Someone was shaking me. 

"W-what?" I murmured. I refused to open my eyes. What was it, like eight in the morning or something?

"We've got to go somewhere! C'mon, get up!" This someone's morning voice was raspy (SQUEE!), and I felt his hands sliding under me. 

"I can't be fucked, it's too early ..." I felt someone's lips on mine, shutting me up. "Mmmm ... I could wake up like this every morning ..."

"There'll be a lot of kissing where we're going, I promise." He said against my lips.

"All right, all right, I'm up." I stood up as Draco stood back. 

His hair was adorably messy and he had pouty lips. Well, shit. A sleepy Draco is a Draco I can't deal with. He's too cute and I'd probably throw myself on him.

"Now turn around or get the hell out, 'cause I need to get changed."

"So?" He winked cheekily. His eyes drifted down my body. I was only wearing one of his t-shirts and my underwear, and I could feel my cheeks heating up as his eyes roamed over my legs.

"Perv." I slapped his arm. "Now get out!" 

"Aren't I glad Harry isn't here, with the things I'm going to do to you ..." I heard Draco mutter as he walked out, shutting my door softly behind him.

I was at his house - fucking mansion - for a few days. His parents had been giving me kinda weird looks ever since I'd got there, but I was dating their son, so I should've expected them. 

I got changed quickly and cheerily walked to his room, a spring in my step. Ever since I started going out with Draco, I was much happier than I'd ever been.

I walked straight in without knocking. "Hey, you ready yet -" 

His back was to me - his shirtless back. He was stretching, and I saw his back muscles rippling as he did so. I whistled lowly. "DAMN." 

He turned around, and his chest was too much. "Godric damn it, put a shirt on before I pounce on you." 

He grinned lazily. "Isn't that a good thing?" 

I sauntered across the room to him and stopped right in front of him. "I really want to wipe that grin off your face." 

"Shut up." He sniggered.

"Make me." I challenged.

Without hesitation, his mouth was on mine, he'd backed me onto his bed, and he crawled on top of me, never breaking contact. I grabbed onto his biceps, feeling his muscles contract and relax under my hands. His tongue swirled around mine in my mouth, one of his hands cupping my face, drawing circles with his thumb on my skin. How the hell did he become so experienced? Because damn, he was good.

He drifted down to my neck and began sucking on my soft spot. I couldn't hold back and moaned his name as he bit down lightly, and dug my nails into the back of his neck. He drifted up to my ear and began nibbling on my earlobe. 

"Dragon ... you'd better stop before I, like, beg you to take me right here." I moaned, squirming underneath him.

He glanced up into my eyes, his teeth still latched onto my ear. "Isn't that a good thing?" He repeated, his voice muffled slightly. 

I suddenly grinned. "Don't play a game you can't win." I said, flipping us over so that I was on top, straddling him. I pressed my lips to his, grinding my hips against his, dancing my tongue with his. We broke contact as Draco pulled off my shirt, and I fit my mouth to his neck, sucking and biting on it like he was doing. In no time, he was moaning my name and squirming under me. I felt his friend pressing against my thigh, and I smirked to myself in victory. 

"Isn't that a good thing, Dragon?" I laughed, interrupting him in the middle of his little, 'Daisy, please let me take you' speech he was babbling out.

"You little bitch." He panted, letting his head fall back on the pillow and closing his eyes. 

"That's me." I grinned down at him. I shifted on his hips, and his friend wasn't poking into my thigh anymore - more like poking somewhere else. I stiffened, and a thought flitted across my mind - 'I wish there wasn't clothes between us right now.'

"Guess you'll be needing a cold shower?" I smirked at him. 

"Yeah." Draco groaned. "Want to join?" 

Yes please, I nearly said. "Definitely not. Now hurry up so you can take me to go -" I paused. "Where?"

"Ride my broomstick." He said, and he realised the innuendo at the same time I did. "Shit, not like that -"

"I know, I know." I giggled. His eyes softened a lot, and his expression relaxed into a soft smile, reaching up to trail a finger lightly down my face. He slowly engulfed me in a hug, his hands spread against my back, his chin resting on top of my head, my head buried in his chest. I couldn't tell you how long we stood there for, in silence, comfortable in each other's arms. But after a while, Draco drew away. He grinned slightly at me.

"Turns out I don't need that cold shower after all." He gestured downwards, and I saw that there was no longer a ... um ... tent in his jeans. "I dunno, Daisy ... there's just something about you. It's like you have two different effects on me: one moment you make me want to fuck you, the next you make me calm and ..." He gazed down at me, chewing on his lip. Again. Damn it, Draco. Damn it.

"You know what?" I admitted. "You do that to me too."

So he grabbed his broomstick (the wooden one (oh fuck guys, come on, you know which one I'm talking about)) and we went outside into the huge gardens. While we were walking, I opened up Twitter on my phone and typed in a tweet - '*Acts innocent but is actually thinking of riding the fuck out of you*' - which is what I was actually thinking of. He clambered on, and I climbed on behind him. I deliberately took my time sliding my hands down his side. I felt him shudder when I slid them too low. 

"It'll be your fault if we crash into a tree." Draco warned as I cackled.

"Believe me, I've crashed into a good many trees, and it's fun!" I grinned. "You should try it!"

"Ever thought of being a stunts person?" He grumbled. "Like in those damn Muggle movies? You would suit that job." He turned around to glance at me and I winked at him. "You'd be pretty enough for Hollywood." He said softly. I saw him going pink, but I didn't get a chance to call him out on it because he kicked forwards and suddenly we were shooting towards the sky, above the clouds, at a speed I'd only ever gone at when I was chasing the Snitch. I cheered as I felt the adrenaline coursing through me, and I tightened my arms around Draco, letting my fingers brush his private area. I felt him stiffen again, and I nearly burst out laughing.

"So did you like that?" He called back, grinning. "Or should I go faster and higher?"

"YES!" I screamed, detaching one of my hands from him to pump the air. And so he did - he lifted the broom higher, and I felt us speeding up. I rested my head on his back, hugging him to me, as I thought of how sleepy I was, and how damn early in the morning this was ...

I woke up a little while later in my Dragon's arms, the motion different. "What the ...?" I lifted my head from where it was buried in Draco's chest and looked around blearily. We were still flying, in the clouds, but I was now in front, facing back at him, and his arms were around me as he flew the broom.

"You fell asleep." He said, his eyes shifting to me.

"No shit, Sherlock." I said.

"- And I thought it would be safer if I was holding onto you instead of Asleep You holding onto me."

"Aww, that's sweet." I teased, and he went pink, his eyes focused behind me.

"Shut up." He mumbled. 

"Make me." I grinned again.

"You little -" His face broke out into a grin, and he pressed his lips to mine.

~~~

"We need to get a ouija board." I informed Terry as we wandered around the ghost town near his house.

"Yeah, we need to communicate with all these ghosts and demons." He agreed. 

The light was fading fast, so we both got out our torches. We crept around in the semi-darkness, shining our beams of light around at the decaying buildings around us.

"How did this place get like this?" I said, waving my torch around. A Dora the Explorer shadow moved around with the light. Mr Boot had went to the Muggle store in their town and the only two torches they had in stock were those two Dora ones.

"Well, local legend has it that the mercury factory had leaked a lot of mercury - so much that it contaminated the area and poisoned the air, so everyone had to move out - of course, the ones that weren't already dead." Terry paused. "Apparently it happened fifty years ago, so we should be safe."

"Wow. That's grim." I laughed uncomfortably. Terry sensed it and threw his arm over my shoulder, laughing.

"Don't be scared, Softpaw! I'll protect you." 

I rolled my eyes. "Says the guy that can't raise one eyebrow. You're hardly able to protect anyone if you aren't even able to do even that!"

Terry whacked me with his torch. "Bloody hell, Softpaw! I so can!" And he hilariously tried - and failed - to raise his right eyebrow.

"You're such a loser." I rolled my eyes again, grinning.

"Says you!"

~~~

"Attack!" Amy screamed like a warrior as she and Shannon charged towards Suzanne and I with pillows raised above their heads. 

"SHIT!" I screamed as Suzanne and I raised our pillows in defence. 

Amy's pillow burst, and Suzanne screeched at her, "Oi! Those were expensive!" Then we ditched the pillows and dived for the mattresses instead. 

"Watch out, Shannon!" I cackled evilly as I swung my mattress at her.

"Holy cow!" She yelped, and jumped over it like it was a skipping rope. It swung round and hit Suzanne instead.

"Cripes, Daisy, I thought you were on my side!" She faked a look of hurt, putting a hand to her heart.

"Nope. I was on Amy's side the entire time!" I grinned, and Amy and I high-fived.

A little while later, after Amy and I totally destroyed Shannon and Suzanne at our pillow fight (well, more like mattress fight), we all settled down to watch The Fault In Our Stars. The three of them hadn't seen it before and I had convinced them that it was a regular cheesy happy chick flick, being the evil little bitch that I was. But at least I thought to bring in about ten tissue boxes.

And boy, did we need them. 

"Daisy, why, why, why?!" Shannon wailed, burying her face in a tissue and sobbing.

Suzanne was clutching me in a death grip, sobbing into my side, and I awkwardly patted her head.

"Daisy, this circle represents evil people." Amy drew a circle on a tissue. "And this one represents lil' bitches." She drew one which overlapped on the other slightly. "And in here," she filled in the oval where the two circles overlapped, "is you."

But I was too busy laughing and crying at the same time to reply. I was laughing because I tricked them, crying because who didn't after watching TFIOS?

Damn.

1