Chapter 17 – Everyone Is So Blushy Today
104 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Everybody got up late on Boxing Day. The Gryffindor common room was much quieter than it had been lately, many yawns punctuating the lazy conversations. 

"Can you believe Terry Boot and Draco Malfoy?" 

"Damn, I would have never seen it coming..."

"I always thought they hated each other, because, you know..." 

"Speaking of, is Daisy Potter okay? Her boyfriend and her ex..." 

I sauntered across the common room to the middle, leaping up onto a table. Everyone quietened, turning to look at me. 

"I'm fine." I announced to the room. "I guess I've known for a while. The chemistry between them when they were fighting over me... It was only a matter of time. And then they became friends... and it was obvious that at some point it turned into something more. I'm happy for them." 

Everyone was watching me, listening intently. Fred and George were grinning in a non-mischievous way for once - they were clearly happy for our clan mate too. 

"And it's not like I've been a saint either..." I said, before I realised what just came out of my mouth. I clamped my hands over my mouth and jumped down from the table, just as excited voices rose up from the common room. 

"WHAT?" 

"Who did you have an affair with, Daisy?" 

"Was it just one person? Or MORE?"

"Tell uuuuuuuus!" 

I sprinted for the portrait hole, giggling, as my house attempted to ambush me. Fred, George, and Lee stuck their hands out as they passed, and I high-fived them before diving out, slamming the Fat Lady behind me. 

I meandered down to the Entrance Hall, hoping to find Terry or Draco to congratulate them on that beautiful display last night. But luck was in my favour - I spotted both of them about to enter the Great Hall together, their arms slung around each other's shoulders, giggling, their faces very close together. I grinned. 

"Heya, boys!" I hopped down off the last few steps on the marble staircase, sauntering towards them. The pair turned to me, their arms slipping down off their shoulders and their hands joining. Their giggles trailed off, but they both looked so happy still. My heart melted. I kinda made this happen - didn't I? If I didn't exist, would those two even know each other? 

Love is great. 

"How's the relationship going?" I asked, my grin wider. 

Terry glanced at Draco, his smile widening too. Draco looked back at him, his eyes shining. Terry turned back to me, his grin lopsided. 

"It's going so great. I've honestly never felt like this before." Terry admitted, squeezing Draco's hand. The blond went a deep shade of pink. 

"He makes me laugh. And feel so good -" Draco's quiet confession was cut off by Terry slapping his shoulder, suddenly blushing too. 

"I should have tried boys sooner." Terry said, winking at me. "Same sex relationships are so underrated in bisexuality. I never felt like this with any of the girls I had flings with. Even you, Softpaw - I had a whole year's worth of relationship with you, and in a day Draco's shown me what it's like to be in lo-" 

I was grinning, about to open my mouth to make a witty remark, when a loud voice called out from behind the couple - 

"Oh look, it's the FAGS!" 

Draco's smile immediately dropped - Terry's face turned bright red in rage. I stepped around them to see Floppy, having just exited the Great Hall, his face turned up in an evil smirk. I glared at him. 

"Shut your foul mouth, Floppy." I said. I was aware of a huge crowd of people coming out of the Hall and another who were heading towards it, stopping and watching the scene unfolding. 

"They're pansies." Floppy rolled his eyes. 

"The only Pansy here is her." I pointed at Pansy in the crowd. Floppy's smirk grew. 

"Aw, Weakling. I know why you're sticking up for my ball-loving cousin and his Rottenclaw boyfriend." His eyes glinted with malice. "I heard on the grapevine that you and Kylie Ford screwed." 

A huge gasp sounded from the crowd, and immediately after, a rush of excited whisper moved through it like wind through trees. I rolled my eyes at Floppy. 

"And what about it?" 

Floppy stared at me, a confused expression on his face, obviously bewildered as to why I wasn't denying it or acting embarrassed. "You don't -? Why aren't you -? You're a QUEER -" 

"Yeah." I coolly regarded him. "Though if any heterosexual ever calls me that disgusting slur, I WILL curse them. And that, dear Floppy," I stepped forwards, "includes you." 

Floppy's face dropped in fear. He knew that I now knew what I am. And he should be aware by now that I'm getting a hold of my powers. He SHOULD be afraid. 

"Unless," I said casually, "you aren't heterosexual. Are you not heterosexual, Floppy?" 

Forcing Floppy to lie about being someone he hates or choose certain torture by me was the most amusing thing to me. I watched him struggle. The crowd did too, watching him with bated breath. This was typical quality Hogwarts entertainment. 

"I - I -" Floppy stuttered. 

But then of course, Dumbledore had to come along and ruin the fun. He swept through the crowd, his eyes twinkling, and paused before the doors. "Come on now, Miss Potter, Mr Boot, Mr Malfoy. Breakfast awaits." 

Terry and Draco joined hands again, glancing nervously around, and followed Dumbledore into the Great Hall hurriedly. Floppy took the chance to scurry away into the dungeons. I smirked, turning and following my two friends. 

Terry and Draco sat with me at the Gryffindor table, Terry looking around him furtively before taking his seat. He always does this, though everyone can clearly see him at our table, and no one's ever made him move back to his own. He's never noticed. I laughed to myself, wondering when, if ever, he'll ever stop checking before sitting at another table. 

Fred, George, Lee, and my year from Gryffindor eventually all came down from the common room, joining us. Fred slung an arm around me again, making my face heat up. He smirked at Terry and Draco across the table, who were feeding each other spoonfuls of cereal, snorting at each other. 

"You guys are so cute that I'm going to vomit." Fred said, his eyebrows waggling. 

Terry smirked back at him. "That's what happens when you find the one." 

Draco flushed his brilliant pink again. Damn. He's got it bad for Hopper. 

Fred shuffled beside me, shooting me a quick glance. I turned to look at him, but his eyes were back on Terry, his cheeks pinkening too. What is going on today? Why's everyone's cheeks getting it? 

The hall's fervent whispering hadn't gone away.  Half of them were whispering about Terry and Draco - they were the hot topic of the school at the moment. But no longer was everyone wondering who I'd been unfaithful with. Of course, obviously, as you know it had been two people, but everyone had sussed out one of them and had no reason to believe that there was a second person involved in my life. And so they were taking this tidbit of info and running with it. Fred and I were safe for now, our friends-with-benefits situation still completely a secret other than with George, but my fraternisation with Kylie was now common knowledge. Fred and Terry had obviously gossiped, and Floppy had heard the gossip, and had now spread it to everyone who didn't know. 

"Oh my Godric, Daisy Potter and Kylie Ford! What a power couple!" 

"The Weird Sisters - I mean - like - the band is so famous, how did Daisy even -" 

"She's as famous as them, maybe even more so, so I can absolutely believe that -" 

"I'm soooo jealous, O.M.G! Kylie Ford is SO hot!" 

"Daisy Potter is hot as hell too, I'm jealous of Kylie, NGL -" 

"What do you think they DID -"

"Do you think it was just a one-night stand?" 

"What if it was something more?"

"What if they were dating?" 

"What if they're in LOVE -" 

"Right, enough!" Fred roared over the crowd, his face annoyed. "Stop gossiping about my best friend's love life, Godric-DAMN." 

Just then, the owls came swooping in to deliver the post. Everyone's eyes immediately focused on Snidget, following the little owl as she made a beeline for me, carrying a sparkling bouquet of roses. I took them off her, reading the note. 

'For my beautiful flower. 

I hope to see you again soon. 

Red roses because I swear it was love at first sight how I was so enchanted by you. 

- KF' 

I took a deep breath, my heart fluttering, as I passed the note to Harry. How is this girl making me feel like this? I haven't even known her for a whole day. 

"Woah, Daze..." Seamus said slowly, leaning forward. "Those are Evermore Roses." 

"Huh?" I said, picking up the bouquet again. The roses shimmered, a magnificently gorgeous smell drifting from them. 

"They last forever." Hermione said. 

"They're also really, really expensive." Terry breathed, his eyes wide. "Like, as in, you have to be a multi-millionaire to afford ones of this quality. Even just one rose costs a literal fortune, let alone a whole BOUQUET..." 

"It's true." Draco nodded, his eyebrows lifted in surprise. "My parent's bouquet at their wedding were Evermore Lilies." 

"But why -" 

"Are they so expensive?" Fred said, his voice laced with just a trace of disdain. "It's just a status thing, really. If you buy one of these, it's simply to show off how rich you are." 

"Oh come on now, Red." George said with amusement, regarding his twin with a slight smirk. "They're also just really pretty. And they smell beaut. And they shimmer. And they never die. And -" 

"I get it, I get it." Fred rolled his eyes, his arm shifting around my shoulders. 

The whole hall was excitedly gossiping now. Everyone had seen the bouquet and clearly everyone now knew what it was, how expensive it was, and who it came from. 

My friends were all staring at me with either smirks or irritated expressions. I took another deep breath. 

~~~

Cedric had told me, in the middle of a bantering match in the corridor outside Charms, to take a bath in the Prefect's bathroom with the golden egg to sus it out. I took Harry with me one night to follow my Hufflepuff friend's clue. When we reached the statue of Boris the Bewildered, a lost-looking wizard with his gloves on the wrong hands, I located the right door, leant close to it, and muttered the password, "Pine-fresh," just as Cedric had told me. What a lad, getting me into the best bathroom in the castle. I love that dude. 

The door creaked open. We slipped inside, bolted the door behind us, and pulled off the Invisibility Cloak, looking around. 

The bathroom was softly lit by a splendid candle-filled chandelier, and everything was made of white marble, including what looked like an empty, rectangular swimming pool sunk into the middle of the floor. About a hundred golden taps stood all around the pool's edges, each with a different-coloured jewel set into its handle. There was also a diving board. Long white linen curtains hung at the windows; a large pile of fluffy white towels sat in a corner, and there was a single golden-framed painting on the wall. It featured a blonde mermaid, who was fast asleep on a rock, her long hair fluttering over her face every time she snored. 

I put down the Cloak, the egg, and the map, and moved forwards, looking around, my footsteps echoing off the walls. 

"Wow, Harry." I said as he followed me, his eyes wide. "This bathroom is AWESOME." 

We put two of the fluffy towels and our stuff at the side of the bath, then knelt down and turned on a few of the taps, glancing at each other with excitement. 

I could tell at once that they carried different sorts of bubble bath mixed with the water, though it wasn't bubble bath as I had ever experienced it. One tap gushed pink and blue bubbles the size of footballs, another poured ice-white foam so thick that I thought it would have supported my weight if I'd cared to test it; a third sent heavily perfumed purple clouds hovering over the surface of the water. We amused ourselves for a while turning the taps on and off, particularly enjoying the effect of one whose jet bounced off the surface of the water in large arcs. Then, when the deep pool was full of hot water, foam, and bubbles (which took a very short time considering its size), we turned off all the taps, pulled off our pyjamas, and slid into the water.

Harry and I had seen each other naked (in a completely sibling way) so many times before that it was natural to take a bath together. Oh, how many times had Harry come out of the shower at the Dursley's, having forgotten his towel, only for me to shriek and run into Dudley's room, screeching at him to 'put some bloody clothes on!' 

It was so deep that my feet barely touched the bottom, and we actually did a couple of lengths, racing and splashing each other before swimming back to the side and treading water, staring at the egg. Highly enjoyable though it was to swim in hot and foamy water with clouds of different-coloured steam wafting all around me, no stroke of brilliance came to me, no sudden burst of understanding. 

"Wait - let's put it under the water." I said, thinking back to Cedric's smirk as he said 'bath.' "There has to be a reason we have to take it into the bath." 

Harry grabbed the egg, dunking it under the water, and opened it. No screech came from it; instead, it glowed, a muffled sound coming from under the water. We both dived under to hear it. 

"Come seek us where our voices sound, 

We cannot sing above the ground, 

And while you're searching, ponder this: 

We've taken what you'll sorely miss, 

An hour long you'll have to look, 

And to recover what we took, 

But past an hour - the prospect's black 

Too late, it's gone, it won't come back." 

As we made our way back to Gryffindor Tower, discussing the contents of the egg, we entered the staircase behind a portrait, a quick shortcut back. I wasn't paying attention to anything else but the subject my twin and I were discussing, and my leg suddenly sank through the trick step Neville always forgot to jump. I gave an ungainly wobble, and the golden egg, still damp from the bath, slipped from under my arm - Harry lurched forwards to try and catch it, his leg also sinking into the step next to me, but too late; the egg fell down the long staircase with a bang as loud as Kylie's drum on every step - the Invisibility Cloak slipped - I snatched at it, and the Marauder's Map fluttered out of my hand, and slid down six stairs, where, sunk in the step to above our knees, we couldn't reach it. 

"PEEVES!" 

It was the unmistakable hunting cry of Filch. I could hear his rapid, shuffling footsteps coming nearer and nearer, his wheezy voice raised in fury. 

"What's this racket? Wake up the whole castle, will you? I'll have you, Peeves, I'll have you, you'll... and what is this?" 

Filch's footsteps stopped. 

"Egg?" Filch said quietly at the foot of the stairs. "My sweet!" - Mrs Norris was obviously with him - "This is a Triwizard clue! This belongs to a school champion!" 

Fuck. 

"PEEVES!" Filch roared gleefully. "You've been stealing!" 

Snape also joined the server, complaining about someone being in his office. As Harry and I were begging them silently to go away, Moody aka Jerk, turned up. He questioned Snape on his office. 

"It is unimportant." Snape said coldly. 

"On the contrary." Moody aka Jerk growled. "It is very important. Who'd want to break into your office?" 

"A student, I daresay." Snape said. "It has happened before. Potion ingredients have gone missing from my private store cupboard... students attempting illicit mixtures, no doubt..." 

"Reckon they were after potion ingredients, eh?" 'Moody' said. "Not hiding anything else in your office, are you?" 

"You know I'm hiding nothing, Moody." Snape said in a soft and dangerous voice. "As you've searched my office pretty thoroughly yourself." 

'Moody's' face twisted into a smile. "Auror's privilege, Snape. Dumbledore told me to keep an eye on -" 

"Dumbledore happens to trust me." Snape said, through clenched teeth. "I refuse to believe that he gave you orders to search my office!" 

"'Course Dumbledore trusts you." 'Moody' growled. "He's a trusting man, isn't he? Believes in second chances. But me - I say there are spots that don't come off, Snape. Spots that never come off, d'you know what I mean?" 

Snape suddenly did something very strange. He seized his left forearm convulsively with his right hand, as though something on it had hurt him. 

'Moody' laughed. "Get back to bed, Snape."  

After Snape and Filch left, 'Moody' turned to Harry and I, tugging the Cloak off us and tugging us out of the step. 

"How could you see us under the Cloak?" Harry questioned. 

"Eye, Potter." 'Moody' tapped his fake eye. "Now, be careful, you two. Back up to the Tower you go." 

Harry and I hurried up to Gryffindor Tower after a quick, simultaneous "Thanks," and collapsed into armchairs in front of the dying fire, panting. 

"At least now we know what it says." I pointed out. Harry groaned, slumping into me, his head falling onto my shoulder. I sniggered, patting his head. 

~~~ 

We were heading to 'Moody's' class to complete more of the list. Ron was complaining to Harry and I about Krum, saying how he 'wasn't good enough for Hermione' and 'why would she be interested in a dumbass Quidditch player?' 

"You seemed like quite a big fan of him back in the summer, Ginger Idiot." I pointed out, and Harry sniggered as Ron glared at me. 

What a jealous boy. 

First, I took out my pocket mirror and shined it in the sun, aiming it at 'Moody.' He ducked away from the light, grunting. I took a rubber band out of my robe pocket and flung it at him; he Vanished it in mid air before it even reached him. 

"Exorcisement oh demon -" I started in a hissing voice before 'Moody' turned, his wand out, and I mouthed at him, grinning. He had performed a Silencing Charm on me. 

Ten minutes later and the Charm wore off. I Transfigured my second rubber band into a large spider, and dropped it onto Ron, who screamed, flailing around, falling out of his chair. Dean, Seamus, and I high-fived. 

Then Dean, Seamus, Harry, Ron, Terry, Draco, Amy, Suzanne, Shannon, and I started knocking our textbooks off our desks 'by accident,' at least once per minute. 'Moody' grunted at us to stop it. 

"Sir, calm the fuck down." I said. 

I drove my remote control tarantula around the room, snickering as 'Moody' searched for the source of the noise. I told him matter-of-factly that he smelled as he passed me, and he ignored me. 

"Lavender, look." I pointed out the window at a seagull perched on the tower roof next to us. Lavender turned to stare out the window. 

"Dean, list your top ten movies." I told my classmate, and he grinned, obeying. 

"Floppy, go die, you piece of trash." I told my arch nemesis as he glared at me. 

"Neville -" 

"Miss Potter, stop distracting your classmates!" 

"Sir, it's too warm." I said. 

'Moody' opened the windows and the door, stumping back up to the front of the class. 

"Sir, it's too cold." I said. 

'Moody' growled, stumping back to close the door and windows. 

"Oh my Godric, Professor, did you get a haircut?" I twirled my hair around my finger, resting my chin on my palm. "Ugh, you're looking so HOT today." 

'Moody' ignored me. I glanced down at the list. 

"Sir, you're so cheeky." I complained. I was again ignored. "Maybe you shouldn't wear such revealing clothes in class." 

The next class, we put all our bags in the alleys between the desks so that our classmates and 'Moody' would trip. I wrote swear words on his blackboard before class, and as our classmates were tripping over our bags, I watched 'Moody' sigh as he spotted the blackboard. I pretended to faint, then I pretended to be assassinated, then I pretended to assassinate Terry, and 'Moody' watched all of this with an exasperated look on his face. I knew Jerk underneath there was so done with our shit, but he had to remain in character. 

Fred and George got sent to our class, as Minnie had had enough of their bullshit in her class. 'Moody' sent them to the back, beside me, with a disgruntled growl. We grinned at each other. 

"The list?" George whispered to me. 

I nodded, smirking. 

I charmed the blackboard to rewrite the swear words that 'Moody' wiped off, and during a class silence, I said, creepily, "You can run, but you can't hide." 

"Who said that?" 'Moody' whipped around, growling. 

I rolled a fake eye at him. He eyed it apprehensively, and Vanished it. I then threw the rubber egg up into the air, and he Vanished that too, his fake eye whizzing around in his head dramatically. 

I beeped at him. He ignored me. 

I glanced at the list. Pick up lines on classmates. Perfect. 

"Hey, Hermione." I smirked at her. "I'm on top of things. Would you like to be one of them?" 

Hermione made an indignant noise, going slightly pink, and went back to her notes. 

"Hey, Malfoy, you're so hot, my zipper is falling for you." Terry smirked at Draco, who went bright pink again. 

"Hey, Softpaw." Fred smirked this time. I rolled my eyes, turning to him with another grin. "You're an eco-friendly kind of girl. The condom in my pocket expires tomorrow. Why don't you help me use it?" 

I snorted, my face heating up again. 

"Seamus, is your name winter, because you'll be coming soon." I said. 

"It's spring!" Seamus spluttered, and we all laughed. 

"Are you a haunted house? Because I'm going to scream when I'm inside you." Fred whispered to me as the bell rang, and I choked on the marshmallow I had just shoved into my mouth. 

~~~ 

The next Hogsmeade trip, I met up with Colin, Louis, Lewis, and Kurt in the Three Broomsticks. We all ordered Butterbeer and sat in the middle of the pub, chattering. 

"You guys and Terry and Draco should go on a double date sometime." I told Lewis and Kurt, who were sharing a Butterbeer. 

"Maybe us and Kylie should." Lewis suggested, grinning, indicating him and his boyfriend, and me. 

I blushed as Colin and Louis whooped, giggling, and Kurt rolled his eyes, a small smirk on his face. 

"I still can't believe that you hooked up with someone from the most famous wizarding band ever!" Colin squeaked, taking another sip of his Butterbeer. 

"Are you guys dating now?" Louis asked, tilting his chair back on two legs. 

"Not exactly." I said, my face hot. "I don't know what her intentions are, really." 

People around us had clearly overheard our conversation, and were gossiping again. 

"Ugh, it's so hot. I'm totally going to wank off to the thought of Daisy Potter and -" 

I whipped around in my seat. The fifth year Slytherin jumped, his eyes widening slightly as I stared him down. 

"Engorgio!" I hissed at him, and his nose grew in size, swelling over his entire face. His eyes peeked out over the top of the mass on his face, and I smirked. "I'm going to curse you - if you ever even THINK of me and Kylie in a sexual way, your entire dick will fall off." 

I twirled my wand at him, really meaning it. I let my powers flow through the wood towards him, and he shone white for a second as my curse took effect. The Slytherin boy choked in fear, stumbling up and out of the Three Broomsticks, his dumbass friends following, cackling and hooting at him. 

My four friends cheered, clapping me on the back. I grinned, taking another swig of my Butterbeer. 

"So, lads..." We returned to our conversation, the sun coming out from behind the clouds and lighting up the room.

1