Chapter 18 – The Election and the School Trip
86 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Draco*

Kissing Terry felt like nothing I'd ever felt before. His lips moved with mine so softly yet so passionately at the same time, his hands around my waist and cupping my face, my hands around his back, holding him close to me. My heart was lifting; this mischievous Ravenclaw was causing an intense flurry of butterflies in my stomach. 

Terry's tongue licked into my mouth, and I made a noise, gripping him closer. I let his tongue explode my mouth, melting when his tongue met mine, tugging at his hair, shifting closer on the windowsill... 

Loud footsteps down the hall made me jump, instinctively pushing away from Terry. My boyfriend looked at me, surprised, before glancing behind me. I glanced too. 

Snape was striding down the corridor, his black cloak billowing behind him, and he threw us what I could only interpret as a dirty look as he passed. 

"What, don't like seeing two boys kissing, Professor?" Terry sneered, his eyes narrowing. 

"Terry!" I muttered, slapping at his knee. He ignored me, staring down Snape with a cocky head-tilt. 

"I don't like seeing any students SNOGGING in the hallways, Boot." Snape said slowly, glaring down his long nose at Terry. "Ten points from Ravenclaw." 

Terry flipped him off as my Head of House strode away. 

"Of course he didn't take points from Slytherin." I said darkly. "Looks out for his own." 

"Dickhead." Terry rolled his eyes. "Come here, baby."

My heart melted again as he pulled me closer on the windowsill again, our lips connecting again. However, I remained worried and distracted. Snape knows my parents. Is he going to tell them? Floppy might tell him, he is their nephew after all. Even if he just tells his parents, they would still tell mine. What would my mum say? What would my DAD say? Their perfect Malfoy son... might decide to marry a man someday and not give them biological grandchildren. 

"Guys!" 

We broke apart again, me pulling away from Terry reluctantly, my eyes still on his lips as he turned, grinning, to the source of the voice. 

"Softpaw!" Terry shot back in the exact same tone of voice. Daisy was heading our way, her hands in her pockets, grinning. Her black curls bounced on her shoulders as she walked jauntily towards us. 

"You heading to DADA? Class started ten minutes ago, but if you guys are ditching then that's cool. I was considering it too." Daisy shrugged. 

"Oh, shit." I said. I completely forgot. 

Terry laughed. "The only reason I turn up for these classes is because Mad-Eye is a complete crackpot. Love that dude." He got up, extending a hand towards me. "Coming, Drake?" 

I took it, ignoring the butterflies I got from holding his hand. Daisy beamed at us. I smiled back. Daisy is my best friend, and she's been nothing but supportive of me, even when I was getting way more than friends with her ex. It's like she knew that we weren't meant to be or something. 

*Daisy* 

We dandered into DADA, all three of us announcing, "Alack, alack, alack," as we entered. Everyone turned and looked at us. Terry and I grinned. 

"All right, take a seat." 'Moody' said gruffly. 

"Take it where?" I asked. 

'Moody' pointed at my empty seat. I grinned, sitting down. 

"We were just taking the register, Potter, Boot, Malfoy." He said, bringing the clipboard up to his face again. "Malfoy, Felix." 

"Here." 

"Zabini, Blaise." 

"Here." 

"Potter, Daisy." 

"Absent." 

'Moody' looked at me over the top of his clipboard. "You are clearly not absent, Miss Potter. Finnigan, Seamus." 

"Absent." 

"... Thomas, Dean." 

"Absent." 

"Rolfing, Amy." 

"Absent." 

"Waters, Shannon." 

"Absent." 

"Boot, Terry." 

"Absent." 

"Parkinson, Pansy." 

I eyed Pansy. She glanced at me, smiling slightly. 

"Absent!" 

I jerked back round in my seat, clapping my hands together and laughing. 

'Moody' attempted to teach the class. I pointed a laser at him, and he Vanished it right out of my hands. I got out my phone and started playing dubstep remixes on max volume. 

"Miss Potter, pay attention!" 'Moody' growled. 

"How much would you like me to pay?" I asked. 

'Moody' ignored me, continuing with the lesson. He asked a question and Hermione raised her hand. I leaned forward and high-fived the hand that was risen high in the air. Hermione narrowed her eyes at me. 

I then raised my hand. 

"Miss Potter?" 

"Oh, I was just stretching." I said, grinning. 

Later on, I got up to sharpen my pencil at the bin at the front of the class. I stayed for at least ten minutes before 'Moody' told me to go back to my seat. 

However, I just HAD to get up again and open the window. You see, I was just so warm. 

Terry then got up and closed it. "Ugh, so COLD." He said, pretending to shiver. I then got up immediately after he sat back down beside me, striding up the room to open the window again. "Ugh, hot as hell in here!" I said, unbuttoning my third button on my school shirt (I never have the top two buttoned anyway). Terry leaped up, flinging the window open, and I was just rising out of my seat again when 'Moody' roared at us to sit down. 

Terry and I high-fived. 

I whooped and chatted loudly across the classroom while 'Moody' was trying to teach, hoping to get a rise out of him. I threw my rubber egg at people, Accio'ing it back every time it hit someone. Eventually 'Moody' had enough, sending me to Dumbledore's office. 

"I was just sent because I was tapping my fingers on the desk, Professor!" I protested to Dumbledore. The Headmaster's eyes twinkled. 

I came back to class, announcing "Alack, alack, alack," once again. I started walking around the room, circling around the edges of the desks. I managed to walk around eight times before 'Moody' told me to sit down. 

But before I did, I passed behind Floppy. I leaned in close and screamed as loud as I could. Floppy flinched violently, falling out of his chair. I walked back to my seat, smirking. 

I secretly Accio'ed 'Moody's' stuff towards me, sneaking them into my bag. The register, his quills, his random jars of creatures. Then I started Accio'ing his Dark Detectors from his office, where the door was ajar, taking them from the air as they zoomed towards me. Eventually, my bag was overflowing. 

"Miss Potter, I would like my things returned to me, if possible." 'Moody' grunted as he passed my desk. I handed him all his stuff back, grinning. 

"Professor?" I said, making my face go slack. "At midnight, you shall be overcome by a man in black robes... oh no!" I pretended to snap back to myself. "Sir, I'm sorry! I have a habit lately where I just tell the future randomly for absolutely no reason!" 

'Moody' leaned in close, grabbing the front of my school shirt, his face gravely concerned. "What did you just say, girl? Describe this attacker IMMEDIATELY!" 

The class was tittering and laughing. 

Harry pulled out the ouija board we'd brought from the Dursley's. Our group leaned in as Harry grabbed the planchette, explaining what to do. We all placed our hands on the chip as Harry asked, "What's your name?" 

The planchette moved to spell out "S - A - T - A - N." 

The class screamed, scooting their chairs away from Harry's desk. 

'Moody' levitated the board across the room and out the window, still open from when Terry opened it. 

I used my powers to make elevator music play from an unplaceable source in the room. 'Moody' looked around wildly, distracted. 

"Hey, Hopper, truth or dare?" 

"Let's go truth first, just to be safe." Terry said, grabbing his water bottle and downing it, tilting his chair back on two legs. 

"Is Dragon a good kisser?" I smirked at him. Draco immediately flushed bright pink. 

"Oh yeah." Terry smirked back. "The best. He really knows how to use that Slytherin tongue." 

Draco turned a deeper shade of pink, burying his face in his hands as Harry, Seamus, Dean, Ron, and I sniggered. 

"Softpaw, truth or dare?" Terry asked as he tossed his empty water bottle at Floppy across the room. The bottle bounced off the floppy-haired bastard's obnoxiously square head, and he sat up, looking around suspiciously for who threw it. 

"Dare." I flexed at him. Terry grinned. 

"I dare you to play '2 On' by Tinashe at maximum volume from your unplaceable source." Terry snickered. 

"You do realise the max volume I can do is really, really high?" I grinned. 

Terry simply smirked at me. I smirked back, turning back around to the front of the class. 'Moody' was still searching, now rifling through his desk. 

"YEAH WE CAN GET ACTIVE

AND ALL

MY BITCHES ATTRACTIVE

WE GO

YOU KNOW WHO WE ARE NOW

GET HIGH

HOTBOX IN MY CAR NOW"

'Moody' growled, stumping around the room. The class was stunned. 

"IF YOU A LAME, YOU AIN'T MAKING NO NOISE

GET FADED, TURN UP WITH THE BIG BOYS

LIVE FAST, DIE YOUNG THAT'S MY CHOICE

GET MONEY, GET MONEY LIKE AN INVOICE"

The class was now pissing itself as 'Moody' searched angrily for the source of the noise. 

"MAN, I LOVE TO GET ON

I LOVE TO GET 2 ON

WHEN THE DRINK BE TOO STRONG

WHEN THE TREE BE WAY TOO STRONG

GET FADED, TURN UP, BRUH

POUR IT ON UP 'TIL I CAN'T EVEN THINK NO MORE

GET RATCHET, GO DUMB THEN GO MORE DUMB THEN

WE CAN KEEP IT LIT, LET'S ROLL" 

At this point, 'Moody' gave up and waited it out. The song ended, and he gave a visible sigh of relief. 

I then started spreading rumours about him around the class. 

"Did you know Mad-Eye has been thrice divorced?" I whispered to Lavender. Her eyes widened and she turned to Parvati, whispering fervently. 

"Did you know Mad-Eye's fake eye is made out of other people's real eyes?" I hissed to Dean. 

"Did you know Mad-Eye adopted a kid then ate him and he was never prosecuted for it?" I murmured to Neville. 

Within minutes, everyone in the class was whispering to each other, eyes widened and eyebrows raised. 

"Imperio!" I hissed, pointing my wand at Neville's toad. I made it hop onto 'Moody's' face, and he writhed, tossing the toad off him. I then pointed my wand at Terry, whispering, "Imperio!" and he got up, strode into the middle of the room, and started tap-dancing. 

'Moody' started forwards, opening his mouth, but I got him with the Imperius Curse too, making him join Terry in the middle of the room. The whole class roared with laughter. 

I drew out a detailed plan of a school shooting and carefully left it right in the middle of my desk. I let 'Moody' out of the curse and asked him out to the bathroom. He was still completely bewildered from the curse but let me go, blinking slowly. 

I slammed my hand down on the fire alarm as I wandered down the corridor, laughing to myself. 

~~~

"Come put your votes in!" 

"Vote for your new Minister of Magic here!" 

"Right into the ballot box, there, Louis! Come on, come on!" 

"Make your voice heard! Vote today!" 

The Insurgents were standing in the Entrance Hall, around our stall. We had a table covered in campaign leaflets, multicoloured and covered in moving images of each candidate. Posters were plastered on every wall of the castle. A large banner stretched out behind us, reading, 'Election for Minister of Magic!' 

"Fill out your ballot, Colin, Dennis!" I pushed two ballots and quills towards the brothers as they approached, grinning. They picked up their quills excitedly, ticking their candidates, and slipped them into the ballot box that George was holding. "Thanks for promoting democracy!" I shouted after them as they scurried away, giggling. 

I glanced up at the posters, sniggering. The main event was 'Moody', his gruff face glaring out of the poster closest to me. 

'Vote Alistair Moody for Minister!' The poster read, the letters bubbled and hot pink. 

Other random students were up on the walls to compete with 'Moody' - Harry, Cedric, Ginny, Lee, Angelina, Suzanne, Hermione, and Terry. 

"Come on, get your votes in!" Fred roared, thrusting his ballot box up into the air and jiggling it. The mass of students moving between the Halls and the marble staircase laughed and chattered - we were attracting a lot of attention. The twins' ballot boxes were nearly full; Terry brought out a brand new one, chucking it onto the table, and it landed on top of a leaflet of Lee, the little photo of him pointing to his three main campaign promises listed on the front page. 

"Daisy, here's the petition against Mad-Eye. Completely filled out." Seamus sidled up to me, grinning. I glanced down at the booklet that I had written up to advocate against 'Moody's' election, grinning as I noticed the names signed. 

"And here's the counter petition FOR Mad-Eye - also completely filled out." Dean appeared at my other side, and I smirked at the signatures on his booklet. 

"Nice." We all high-fived. 

At that moment, I noticed 'Moody' hurry into the Great Hall, looking around him furtively as the random students and ghosts I had hired to stalk him followed. He took a swig of his hipflask, and less than a minute later he hurried back out of the Hall, heading straight for the bathrooms. I snickered as I remembered the laxatives I had put into his flask this morning. 

~~~ 

The Insurgents managed to convince Dumbledore to plan two school trips, one for DADA, to the abandoned warehouses we played Capture the Flag in at the edge of Hogsmeade, and one for a select few students to go to Beauxbatons for a night, to 'experience the culture.' Somehow. I still can't fully comprehend how we did that. 

The first being a DADA trip meant that it was 'Moody' who had to take us, along with a few other teachers of his choosing. He grumbled about this the whole walk over, as Fred, George, Terry, and I messed around the whole time, shoving each other, whacking each other with stuff, and laughing. We reached the warehouses, and 'Moody' started explaining how one would hide from Dark Wizards in an area like this, and the best types of defensive spells to use. The Insurgents sneaked off, darting into a nearby warehouse, and we jumped up onto a balcony, sitting down and slipping our legs through the railings. 

"So, Hopper." Fred smirked at him. "Malfoy, huh?" 

Terry flicked a spider off the sleeve of his school jumper casually. "And what about it?" 

"Is he a good kisser?" 

"Any handjobs yet?" 

"Do you get much tongue action?" 

"Do you guys write love letters to each other?" 

"How do you deal with being in different Houses?" 

"Compare him and Softpaw?" 

Terry rolled his eyes as the twins shot question after question at him. I snorted at him as the twins leaned forward, their eyes glinting mischievously. 

"Yes, he's a very good kisser. I'm not answering that second one. Yes, we make out a lot. No, we just text our affections to each other. Sometimes Draco will take a broom to Ravenclaw Tower or I'll sneak into the dungeons. And I will absolutely not compare my boyfriend and my best friend." 

"Right answer, Hopper!" I high-fived Terry. 

"I'd say Softpaw's a better kisser than Draco." Fred sniggered. 

"Yeah, you'd know, wouldn't you, Red?" George quipped. 

Fred fell silent. I blushed. Terry looked over at Fred interestedly. 

"Oh yeah, because you guys made out in third year to make me jealous." Terry said, dawning realisation on his face. Oh, Terry. 

"Er - yeah. That." Fred scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. George smirked at him. 

Ugh. I'm honestly dying to tell Terry. He is one of my very best friends, after all. He's also the only one in the clan who doesn't know. But then again, George is Fred's twin and he's the only other person who knows - of course he'd notice the signs and of course he'd have a right to know. But Harry hasn't spotted it yet? I suppose George is closer to both Fred and I than Harry - Fred is his twin and I'm one of his best friends. Ugh. Ugh! I'm just confusing myself. I'll not tell Terry until I'm sure what this thing between Fred and I is. 

The trip continued on without anyone coming to look for us, and we chatted away for hours while the rest of the school practised defensive magic outside. 

"Did you guys see what Ron posted on Facebook?" 

"I CANNOT believe that Katie and Leanne did that, that's insane!" 

"I think Shannon is totally going to do that, yeah..." 

"Fuck, next time we'll put Multiplying Trouts in his classroom, see what he does then." 

"Honestly, if Dean actually did that, I wouldn't complain. You know how he is with his football players. He'd be dead serious, like." 

We descended into conversation about the Gryffindor-Ravenclaw Quidditch match that took place last week, that the Gryffindors of course won because we're awesome. We had to fight extra hard for our victory this time, though, as Amy had still been referee, and of course was biased. Terry kept capturing me from my broom mid-match, which didn't help anyone. Well, except him, I guess. Amy said fuck all about it, so we nearly lost, and it was by pure luck that I snatched the Snitch out of the air from behind Terry as he dragged me onto his broom for the tenth time. 

"You're so easy to kidnap, Softpaw." Terry sniggered, and I hit him with one of Fred and George's fake wands. It turned into a rubber chicken as it made contact with Terry's shoulder, and it squawked loudly. Us four all laughed. 

~~~ 

"The votes are in!" I yelled into the crowd, holding up the now-full ballot boxes. The crowd of mixed Houses chattered excitedly around us, mere minutes before we were all expected to be in our Houses for the night. "Let's count!" 

The twins, Terry, and I counted out the ballots, marking them against the names on the list. 

'Alistair Moody': 264 

Harry Potter: 245 

Cedric Diggory: 301

Ginny Weasley: 178 

Lee Jordan: 311 

Angelina Johnson: 220

Suzanne Wanders: 151 

Hermione Granger: 459

Terry Boot: 506

Professor Flitwick: 27 

Daisy Potter: 81 

A Surprisingly Long Dong: 5

"Well." I said, looking up from the sheet. "I wasn't even on the ballot and I got eighty-one votes. I think that gives me the position by default." 

"Neither was Flitwick - why did twenty-seven people vote for him..." George said, bewildered. "Load of nutters." 

"And five people drew dicks on their ballots." Fred smirked. "Nice." 

"And clearly some voter fraud has been committed here - I don't even think that many people attend this fuckin' school..." 

But Terry was whooping, and next second he was leaping into the crowd, crowd-surfing. "YEA - A - AH!" 

"Terry Boot is the new Minister of Magic, everyone!" I shouted over the crowd and Terry's happy crows. "Elected by the people!" 

I turned back to the twins as the crowd went wild. "I'm not surprised - we probably shouldn't have put one of the most popular boys in the school on the ballot." I snickered. "Hermione though - most people have common sense, I guess." 

"I'm surprised that many people voted for Lee." Fred sniggered. 

"Should have put Filch on it; that would have been interesting." George said. 

"Or one of the ghosts!" I added. "Peeves would have my vote." 

We descended into conversation about who would fare best in the next election, and it took Minnie and Snape a full half-hour to disperse the crowd back to our Houses. 

~~~ 

We managed to convince 'Moody' to come on the school trip to Beauxbatons, where we constantly fucked around too, driving him insane. The Insurgents, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Draco, and the rest of the Gryffindors in my year got invited onto the trip, which was a recipe for disaster for the teachers, and a recipe for fun and good times for us. Several Portkeys were arranged for us in Hogsmeade. 

The Palace of Beauxbatons was a beautiful chateau surrounded by majestic gardens and fountains magically created out of the surrounding mountains, and had apparently stood for over seven hundred years. It was simply gorgeous. In the Dining Chamber, Wood Nymphs serenaded us and the students while we ate, and great winding spiral staircases swept up multiple floors. 

We had explored the palace and interacted with the students, chatting with them as we were serenaded while eating, being shown around their grounds and Houses. Too soon, it was bedtime. Students milled about the palace, chattering and gossiping. Fred, George, Terry, and I chilled near the top of one of the great spiral staircases, our arms around each other's shoulders. 

"Let's do a little prank, shall we?" Fred said casually as Terry took a Capri-Sun out of his robe pocket. 

Terry and I nodded, and Fred grinned, pulling out his wand. Terry jumped as Fred snatched the Capri-Sun, multiplying it. We watched as the twins made hundreds of Capri-Suns appear on the marble floor. 

"Cool." I said, reaching for one. I pierced it with my straw and sucked as the twins waved their wands, making the drinks hover in the air. 

"Let's make these hover over the staircases." George suggested. 

"And make them motion-sensored." Fred added. 

"So when anyone walks underneath them -" 

"- A Capri-Sun falls on them." 

Terry and I snickered, agreeing. We moved all over the school, placing a Capri-Sun over each staircase, and huddled under the Invisibility Cloak to watch and cackle as the drinks fell on surprised Beauxbatons students, sipping on the left over Capri-Suns. 

We eventually returned to the Dining Chamber, where the others were already in their sleeping bags, after the last Capri-Sun fell. Terry and George went on ahead to the middle of the room, chatting loudly and being inconsiderate to others around them who were waking up, disgruntled. Fred tugged me back under the Cloak, and he led me back out into the hall. We let the doors close, and Fred tugged me into a dark corner, to a little bench that looked like it was just waiting for us to arrive. 

We slid onto it, our lips meeting, our hands landing on each other. Fred's tongue licked into my mouth, his hands moving up and down my body as his tongue slid over mine, sucking my bottom lip into his mouth, his hands grabbing at my hair, cupping my face, feeling up my breasts. I grabbed at his hair, moaning softly into his mouth as he felt me up. We hadn't touched each other since the Yule Ball, so we were desperate to feel each other. 

Fred's tongue swept around my mouth, and I grabbed at his upper arms, sighing as I felt his huge biceps from being a Beater. We fell backwards onto the bench, and I let Fred touch wherever he liked as I felt the bench's cold stone underneath my back...

1