Chapter 13 — Escape (end)
1.1k 4 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Mission 'Thrill of the Hunt' successful!]

A system alert that only Raya could hear sounded within her mind.

There was no further information other than the mission being completed, so she had to open the system interface and there she saw a new Skill was added to the list.

Beast of the Hunt was its name and of course, the system offered no further explanation, leaving it to the host to figure out its use on her own.

Fortunately, she instinctively knew how to use the skill, activating it right away.

The motionless body beneath her started to emit a deep red gas or smoke. Another red light also appeared on her shoulder where a bullet was lodged inside, but because of its rapid corrosion, the red light faded until it completely disappeared.

⌈ Is it some sort of tracker? ⌋

With that thought in mind, she turned around to look behind her. Far into the distance, a thick red color could vaguely be detected within her senses, seeping through the small gaps in the recent wall created by the caves collapse earlier.

Six who were sitting on the side watched Raya's strange behavior silently. She continued to watch as Raya slowly moved her head as if she was following something, pausing for several moments before continuing on her search.

⌈ What are you doing? ⌋ (Six)

⌈ I'm following a trail left behind by the Queen ⌋ (Raya)

⌈ Huh? ⌋ (Six)

Raya offered no further explanation as she continued to scrutinize the surrounding walls.

Just as she turned her head to face Six, a dark red light rapidly grew bigger until whatever was on the other side was close enough for the both of them to sense.

⌈ Shit! ⌋

Crash!

The wall was destroyed sending debris flying across the room. Six who were directly in front of the room quickly reacted but were still blown away.

Roar!

The Queen's roar shook the caves as her monstrous head peaked through the hole in the wall. She glared through the dust and smoke at the two aliens cautiously retreating from her before letting out another furious roar as she smashed her body against the wall.

Almost at the same time she destroyed the entire wall, another explosion echoed through the cave reaching the three aliens' senses.

The cave was finally falling apart.

⌈ Six, we have to leave now or we'll be buried here alive! ⌋ 

Raya helped clear some of the rocks surrounding Six then immediately pulled her up as the both of them desperately escaped from the Queens claws and the caves collapse.

The Queen who finally squeezed her giant body inside the cave glanced down the tunnel and mourned the destruction of her recently established hive.

Her anger reached a new high at that moment as she swore to at least kill these two traitors.

Noticing the commander's corpse below her, she crushed his body into meat paste making her feel a little better, before chasing after the two traitors.

Roar!

Rumble!

Many tunnels were blocked off during their escape so the two had to trace their steps, brushing past the Queens claws that tried to snatch them in the process.

Lethal Injuries covered their bodies with Six having it the worse. Unlike Raya, she didn't have a strong armor or healing factor. She was simply a stronger and smarter alien at best.

Raya wanted to help a little with her injuries but the only thing she could offer was a slight boost in her stats with the two titles she had.

This indeed helped a little bit, not only with Six's increased stats but the debuff in the Queen's stats as well.

After turning down several paths, breaking through hollow walls, and dodging the falling rocks and attacks from the Queen, they finally saw light creeping through a large hole in the distance.

Raya glanced behind her and sighed in relief as the Queen was nowhere to be seen, probably crushed under a pile of rocks somewhere.

Just when they were about to leave the cave, Raya sensed a heavy threat not far in the distance and quickly pulled Six back in time.

⌈ What! Why!? ⌋

⌈ Something's waiting outside. And it's very dangerous ⌋

⌈ More dangerous than the collapsing mountain above us and the Queen not far behind! ⌋

⌈ About the same... ⌋

⌈ Then what should we do? ⌋

Raya was troubled this time. In front of her was the outside world, but a huge unknown threat was waiting there. And behind her was an equally huge threat known as the Queen.

While she was thinking of how to get out of here the ground beneath them began to crack. The two had no choice but to grit their teeth and leap toward the outside, as staying in there any further would mean death.

Danger signals flared up in her head telling her to flee as soon as possible, which she did so in time to dodge a barrage of bullets falling from the distant sky.

Raya and Six dashed into the forest constantly dodging the bullets and using the environment as cover when the chaos abruptly stopped. The two took the time to rest shortly and to find out why the enemy stopped shooting.

When they got a clear view of the enemy they were stunned speechless by the sight.

Falling from above the Dropship was the Queen!

God knows how she got up there.

They watched as the Queen attacked the Dropship and the Dropships lackluster performance, then looked at each other, and ran away. Not wanting to be a part of this at all.

45