Ch. 8 – My first birthday (Part 2)
2.5k 9 96
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When she picked me up, I managed to get a better look at her expression, her long black hair that fell smoothly over her shoulders and her symmetrical face that was only fitting for a queen, even though she was as beautiful as can be, she had a fake smile on her lips and her gaze was attentive.

So, her name is Elizabeth… Would she be happy if I tried to say her name?

“E~lisa~~”

As I tried to say my name everybody in the room was quiet. Even though mom, dad and the maid were already accustomed to hearing me say basic words, the rest of the world had yet to hear my voice.

Even though I failed to say her name, for a second, I could see a genuine look of happiness on the queen’s face. So, the queen has emotions… that is good to know, it will be useful for later.

The people started to return to their activities, and we were guided to a dining room, where the maids were serving breakfast. Mom had already started to give me solid foods, but I never had eaten breakfast. The table was full of different kinds of bread, fruits and the like, everything looked perfect. Is it only like this because the queen is here?

“Here come with mommy~”

When mom tried to pick me again, I hurriedly hugged Elizabeth harder. I have a plan of getting close to the queen, as it wasn’t everyday you could get a chance like this.

“It looks like Oriel wants to stay with me”

While mom looked a little bit dejected, Elizabeth remained expressionless, but didn’t show discontent. I am going to interpret this as a positive signal.

I sat on Elizabeth’s lap while they were talking and eating.

Apparently, the princess was only 2 years older than me, and she was also a difficult child. Mom looked proud when she said I was a good kid.

Just sitting here is getting kind of boring…

I might as well use this opportunity to try and eat something.

“E~lisa~~ want some~~”

I said pointing to some strawberries.

“You want these ones?”

“ye~”

She quickly picked up a strawberry and cut it into small pieces. How helpful. 

I would never have imagined I would be served by a queen. 

As I start to eat the pieces of the strawberry given to me, she is looking at me with the same fake smile as before. That is not good. Time to use my special attack, I look deep into her eyes and give her my best smile, the one that makes even my brother shut up for a minute.

“Thank~~ u~”

The effect is instantaneous, her lips curl into a gentle smile.

“That is one polite little lady”

Her voice sounds a lot gentler. Mission accomplished. As I look around the table, everyone’s eyes are on me. I need to get accustomed to being the center of attention. 

After the meal was over, I was feeling a little bit tired. So, time for a quick nap…

When I woke up the only one who was in there was the usual maid. She is such a hard worker. I don’t think I have ever addressed her properly. I don’t even know her name. Time to do something about it.

“me~ido~~”

She instantly comes to me with a worried look. This wasn’t the effect I wanted… Time to try something different.

“Pi~ck me~ up”

I was extending my hands in her direction, the expression on her face softened.

“You are a needy little girl, aren’t you?”

What can I do? I am just a cute baby. She takes me closer to the window, I can usually see just a bit of the outside world. But now that I have the full view, the flower garden just outside is even more beautiful with its different colors and shapes.

“Lady Katherine and her majesty are eating lunch right now, but they should be back soon, are you okay with waiting”

“Ye”

“You are such a smart girl”

She said while patting my head. I continued to stare into the garden.

I want to go outside…

Maybe I should ask mom when she comes back.

The maid started humming, while I laid my head on her shoulder. Today is my birthday and I want to do something fun. I will definitely ask mom when she comes back. For now, I can stay with the maid, she looks happy and so do I.

My new objective is to visit the flower garden.

96