Ch. 9 – My first birthday (Part 3)
2.5k 8 96
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I lost track of time as I stayed with the maid, but it must have been a little while because mom and Elizabeth came back.

“Did my little girl sleep well?”

Mom didn’t seem bothered in the least by the maid picking me up.

“She has been looking at the garden for some time, maybe she wants to go outside?”

This maid is really helpful, I didn’t even have to ask myself. As a reward I give her my strongest hug and my best attempt at a kiss on the cheek.

“wha~~”

I caught her off guard. She instantly became beet red, but at least she didn’t dislike it. Mom and Elizabeth look jealous right now. I might give you one too if you take me outside. That is what I wanted to say, but it is best not to pressure them.

Mom regained her composure as she approached the maid holding me. She looks kind of angry right now. Maybe I neglected her too much. I extend my arms towards her.

“you still like mom after all”

She promptly picked me. Her bad mood seems to have disappeared. The only one that still looks disappointed in the room is Elizabeth. So, I have already touched the queen’s heart. I start pointing outside.

“Want~ go ou~side”

I try to make my best pleading face. Mom instantly responds.

“Alice, quickly go fetch some hats and an umbrella”

The maid snaps from her contemplation. For how long she held her hand where I had kissed? And her name is Alice. Why did mom only say it now?

She gets out of the room and I can hear the fast tapping of her sandals on the wooden floor. If I knew it would be this easy to go outside, I would have asked earlier. Being cute certainly has its advantages.

We start heading downstairs as I hear the commotion my mom caused by asking stuff so suddenly. It is partly my fault, but anyway.

When we reach what looks like a back door, Alice comes running towards us with dad and big bro. She looks out of breath; she must have run as fast as she could. 

“Thank~ u Alice~”

The only thing I can do to her is smile and thank her. Dad looks happy to see me smile, but big bro looks jealous. If you don’t do anything nice for me, I might not even say your name once. I am already starting to sound like a spoiled rich lady, I should tone it down a bit.

As we get ready to leave the house mom puts on a big hat and dad picks up a big umbrella to cover us from the sun. Elizabeth is also wearing an umbrella, but a butler seems to have joined us at some point as he is holding an umbrella for her. Alice is holding an umbrella for big bro; he should really show at least some positive emotion when walking around with such a cute maid. But he shouldn’t get too attached as Alice is my maid.

The sun is shining bright, and I squint my eyes at the sudden brightness. It is good to see the sun once again. We started walking towards the flower garden when I noticed an old lady taking care of some of the flowers. 

“So, the young miss has decided to visit the flower garden”

The old lady said with a smile on her face. Due to her demeanor, it is very clear she worked for people for a long time.

“I am sorry to say that it still needs some work before it is perfect”

The garden already looks amazing, and she says something like this. The old lady must really like the garden… It should be fine to give a compliment or two.

“Flower~ beautifu~”

I just noticed I am talking a lot today. Is it normal for a one-year-old baby to talk this much? Nobody said anything yet, I think I am in the clear. The old lady shows me a big smile.

“Which ones do you like the best, young miss?” 

Everyone seemed to concentrate on my answer. Why does it matter that much? Anyway, I don’t know a lot about flowers, but I do like red ones. So, I pointed to some bushes.

“That~~ on~”

“The Chrysanthemums does look beautiful this time of the year”

So that is what the flowers are called. Dad says something to mom, but I can hear it. Big bro now has a smile on his face, what is he planning?

We approached a big tree that had some chairs set up in its shade. There is also a piece of cloth put on the ground, probably so I can play on it. They sure made fast arrangements. Mom sits down and puts me on her lap, but I quickly ask to be put on the ground. She gently puts me on the cloth and sits back down again. 

Alice gives me a stuffed animal and stands near me. Big bro is nowhere to be seen. They start to talk about stuff, something about how Elizabeth’s life has changed ever since she became a queen. So, there was a new king crowned last year, they also talked about how everything was a mess due to the sudden change. Will I be able to meet my grandparents? I start to lose focus as I am looking around and crawling. I really need to start walking on my own. Mom has been training me, but she hasn’t allowed me to try it on my own. 

Maybe I should try it right now…

96