Ch. 10 – My first birthday (Part 4)
2.3k 4 92
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Walking might seem simple, but for a baby it is hard. I am going to have to be careful. I need to ask something from Alice, so that she leaves me alone for a second. Now that everyone is busy with their conversation, I have the perfect opportunity.

I make some hand signals for Alice to get close to me. When she gets low enough, I whisper.

“Want~ some ~ater”

When Alice goes away for a second, I make my move. Putting my hands on the ground I quickly get up. Nobody seems to have noticed as they are discussing some complicated politics.

I try my hardest to keep balance, but my legs still aren’t as strong as I need them to be. I take some steps before I come to a halt.

“ORIEL!!”

 

Alice screamed at the top of her lungs as she was getting back to me with some water. It is too late to stop me now. I take some more steps until I am almost stepping on the grass, when suddenly… I fell face first on it. 

What did I expect would happen? I would suddenly know how to walk like an adult. I have made a bad decision. Thankfully the grass was soft.

As I am contemplating my decisions, Alice is already by my side. Everybody is confused while she picks me up. 

“Is everything okay? Are you alright? Does it hurt anywhere?”

She sends me a barrage of questions. She looks to be in distress. I didn’t think it was that bad. Her eyes are starting to become teary.

“Sowy~. Eve~thin~ ok~”

I try my best to calm her down. But the mess is already made. Now mom understands the situation and is trying to calm her down.

“Don’t worry it is not your fault. Everything is alright”

“But Oriel could have hurt herself”

The beautiful Maid is in tears as mom gives her the water I had asked for.

“Go back in and try to calm down”

Alice is guided inside by another maid. Mom, who picked me up, gives me a small lecture before telling everyone that we are going back inside.

It seems I have ruined the mood for now. 

As we pass by the flower garden, I notice I am not the only one that made bad decisions, as I watch my brother getting lectured by the old lady for destroying some flowers in an attempt to make a flower arrangement. For some reason all the flowers he picked were the chrysanthemums. 

Maybe he was trying to win me over with a present?

He failed miserably if so.

After getting inside, we went back to the dining room, where people ate once more. But this time there was a cake.

Happy birthday to me. 

The mood brightened a little, but I was still worried about Alice. I really need to consider my actions a little bit more.

After taking a quick nap and eating some cake, which was delicious. It was already the afternoon. We were inside this big living room and they continued to talk. Don’t they have anything better to do?

After a little bit I became very bored and sleepy.

This day was a long one… I want to see Alice tomorrow so I can apologize. 

But for now, I will take a trip to dreamland.

92