Ch. 11 – Something is missing
2.2k 2 95
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I must have slept early, because when I woke up it was still dark. When I was fully awake, I decided to look around the room. My heart sank when I didn’t see Alice in her usual spot. Was she still recovering from what happened? It wasn’t that big of a deal; I just fell on the grass…

Alice always seemed diligent and she wouldn’t leave work for nothing. Maybe she feels responsible for what happened? I can’t think of anything else. Mom isn’t here yet so I can’t ask anyone. The person in Alice’s place is an old butler. He looks gentle and caring, but I prefer the cuteness of Alice.

I need to find a way to make Alice happy and work again!

I still need to wait for mom though…

For now, I will move around for a bit. The butler notices and puts me on the fluffy rug, just like Alice usually does… I didn’t even have to ask him. Maybe he asked a thing or two from her. Does this mean he is her substitute?

The old lady from yesterday suddenly came in with a flower vase. Blue chrysanthemums instead of red ones…

Big bro really made a mess.

“Good morning young lady. No red chrysanthemums today, but I will make sure to have some next time. Okay?”

She is a nice lady, but I am too busy thinking about Alice to answer her.

“Someone is moody today”

The lady leaves the flowers and makes her way back outside. That is when I notice how the butler is looking anxious, is my mood that scary. I just stay still looking at flowers.

I must look really moody…

The poor butler is starting to sweat and keeps looking at me for some type of signal. He must not have talked to Alice; she would have given me a stuffed toy by now… I miss her.

I stay not very active for a little bit until mom arrives. She looks the same as yesterday. She is carrying a different colored dress this time.

“So, you are already awake Ori”

Do I need to receive someone else?

I certainly am not in the mood right now. When I present some sort of resistance mom sighs loudly.

“I don’t know why you are moody today, but Elizabeth is leaving today, you need to say goodbye to her”

So, she slept here. I guess I can at least say goodbye to aunty. I am trying to get close to her and I don’t know when I am going to see her again. I let mom change me, but I am still not looking the same as usual. The only thing that is on my mind right now is Alice.

We went downstairs and went back to the room in which we had received Elizabeth. Big bro is there, but he looks less energetic than usual.

She stood elegantly and gave me a genuine smile instead of her usual fabricated ones.

So, I already touched her heart, it was easier than I thought. It must be because of how cute I am.

Even though I am in the presence of the queen my mood is still showing.

“The young lady is moody today…”

Mom gets close to her and whispers something in her ear. I can’t hear it though.

“Do you want to say something to Elizabeth?”

Now that I am already here, I might as well do something. I extended my small arms toward her, who quickly caught me. I give her my attempt at a hug.

“Good~by Eliza~, vi~it me aga~in”

She looks pleased with my words.

“Goodbye Oriel, I will make sure to visit you soon”

I give her a small smile; the double doors are open again and I see the number of bodyguards are waiting for her outside. There is a fancy carriage a little bit away from the entrance. I make a small wave until she enters the carriage.

People start to leave the room and get back to work.

Now that this is already dealt with. I need to get back to a more immediate issue. Alice wasn’t here either. I make the most serious expression I can.

“Mama w~ere is Alice~?”

 

95