Ch. 14 – Exploring with Alice (Part 1)
2.1k 7 80
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up as usual, but I was greeted by an unusual sight. Looking down at me was the one I missed for the past week. Alice looked at me with a big smile.

            “I am back young miss, I heard you missed me a lot”

            She let out some giggles as I extended my arms towards her. She picks me up and I give her a hug. We stay like that for a little bit before she puts me on the floor. I look outside and I see the sun is already bright. Mom should be here…

            “Miss Katherine is not going to come here today she needs to work in place of mister Hammond”

            She must have noticed my thoughts.

            “Do you want me to read on her place, or you want to go out”

            She is talking a whole lot today… Today I don’t want to go outside, my objective is to explore the house.

            “Want to walk~ i~side”

            “Miss Oriel wants to walk inside today, hmmm”

            She puts her hand on her chin cutely.

            “You want to go somewhere specific young miss”

            “I want to e~plore~”

            I raise my hands and look at her for help to get up. She helps me and holds one of my hands.

            “I know miss Ori can walk alone now, but we need to take precautions, okay?”

            I signal with my head that it is okay. We then both leave the room walking while holding hands…

            It turns out the house is not that interesting… The upstairs is basically a bunch of guest rooms and some dressing rooms, but the downstairs looks to be more interesting…

            “If you are tired, I can pick you up, okay”

            “Am fine~”

            “Okay then, the next place we are going is the library”

            “Lib~rary~?”

            I can’t contain my excitement. So, we have a personal library?

            “Yes, the library, miss Katherine likes buying a lot of books”

            As she says it, we enter the biggest room so far, the walls are full of shelves filled to the brim with books… The sight leaves me speechless.

            “Miss Oriel likes books too?”

            I look around like a kid seeing an amusement park for the first time. I excitedly walk around the shelves and look at all the different spines. I stop at a big book that says: “The history of the Empire”.  Alice notices my curiosity.

            “This is a book about the empire. Miss Oriel wants me to read it for her?”

            I would love to read it by myself… But I still am only a year-old baby, there is no way I would know how to read right? She picks up the big book and we walk up to a table set up in the middle of the room. Alice sits on a chair and puts me on her lap.

            “I am going to start reading, if you feel bored or need anything just say it to me, okay?”

            “Ye~”

            She begins reading the book. This is going to be a long one…

80