Ch. 17 – Feeling sick
1.7k 12 81
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It took only a few minutes for Alice to get back, she stopped by the door for a second to catch her breath before getting close to me again. She looked at me with worried eyes while putting her hand on my forehead.

“Doctor Karl will be here in a minute. Do you need something?”

Feeling sick is the worst, my whole body felt like it was about to explode. I let out some small grunts and the only thing my baby brain could think of was that I needed mom.

“Want mommy~”

I say while letting out some small cries.

“Miss Oriel wants her mom then. She will be here in just a second.”

She leaves my side for a second and goes to the door where she talks to a butler who was standing there. My memory is hazy, but I remember the doctor got there before mom did, the rest are all memories that feel like a feverish dream.

When I woke up again, I was still feeling my body ache, but I was feeling a little bit better. Mom and Alice were by my side.

“So, you woke up again Ori, are you feeling better this time? I can call the doctor again”

I let out a small grunt. Mom had a worried smile on her face, while Alice was walking from side to side inside the small room.

Dad suddenly entered the room with a worried expression. I almost didn’t recognize him because he lacked his usual beard.

Did he want a change of style or was it because of me?

He comes near me to check on me. After asking mom and me the same question I have been hearing a lot “Are you feeling okay?”, he turns to mom.

“The timing couldn’t have been worse, let’s hope she gets well soon…”

“I do hope she gets better soon enough but I won’t force her to participate if he is not well”

“Dear you know how they are about this type of event… She will need to appear at least for a bit”

            Dad tried to argue about something, but the only question I had on my head was:

            What type of event are they talking about?

            It seems I wouldn’t know because I interrupted them with a loud cry. The pain was unbearable, so I couldn’t help but interrupt their conversation. Once again, my memory became a mess, but I remember the doctor coming back.

            I woke up some time later with the sound of the door opening. I didn’t open my eyes, but I could hear the conversation.

            Apparently big bro had come to give me a visit too.

            “Is Ori okay? Will she be able to come to my birthday party? Can I do something to help her?”

            Big bro quickly shot a barrage of questions to whoever was in the room. The one  who answered was mom.

            “You should not scream in here, how many times do I need to tell you that? Anyway, we don’t know if she will make an appearance at the party yet. Have you already finished all the preparations?”

            I couldn’t see his face, but his lack of a response told me a lot. Mom angrily escorted him out of the room, telling Alice to take care of me while she took care of the preparations. I quickly started to lose my consciousness and started to drift off into the dream land. 

            The next day when I woke up, I saw mom with a worried expression.

            “Are you feeling better Ori?”

            I am sorry to say it to you mom, but I am still sick… Hearing my cries of pain. Mom puts her hand on my head.

            “Don’t worry Ori, you are going to get better soon…”

            That day was another day I passed through mostly sleeping because of my illness. The more days it passed the more the people around me looked anxious… Big bro’s birthday must be getting close…

81