Ch. 21 – A day with Nathalie (Part 1)
1.7k 4 83
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up a bit later than usual, the one looking down at me was neither mom nor Alice, it was Nathalie instead, she happily looked at me while having her head barely poking out of the side of the cradle. 

She looked at me with shining eyes. 

“Are you feeling better Ori?”

She is already calling me by my nickname huh? She patiently waited for my response. It took me a little bit to fully assess my situation because I had only woken up, but most of the parts that were hurting before were better now. I still felt a little bit of pain but it  wasn’t unbearable anymore.

“Ye~”

She happily jumped about while I started my morning routine. She never left my side as I did my stuff, from being breastfed to relieving myself on a bucket. When are they going to start potty training me? Based on how much they spoil me they might never do it… I don’t even want to think about the possibility of such a thing happening.

As I was already feeling better mom decided to take me with her when she went to eat breakfast, probably because Elizabeth was still here. As mom was carrying me to the dining room I noticed that Nathalie who was still following us kept looking at me from time to time. Does she want something from me…

We reach the dining room at the same time as Elizabeth who greets us with a smile. 

"Does Oriel want to sit on my lap again?"

It was a good proposition but not today, I hugged mom harder to show my choice. She seems a little disappointed, but Nathalie quickly offers herself and she regains her composure.

Mom and Elizabeth sat on opposite sides of the table like they usually do, but today it meant that Nathalie had a clear line of sight to look at me and for me to look at her.

The signs from the crying girl from yesterday were gone for now, as she looked at me with smiles only.

As they ate and the conversation started going on and on about boring stuff. Nathalie was looking at me with a bored look in her eyes… Mom and Elizabeth weren't going to stop any time soon, even dad had already left to work and big bro left with Rylee to study. 

"Mom~ want to walk~" 

Mom who was interrupted by me was at a loss. Do I continue to talk with Elizabeth or do I interrupt it to go for a walk with my daughter? That was the question written on her face. Luckily for her Alice promptly offered herself to accompany me.

As we got ready to leave I looked behind me and I saw Nathalie quickly catching up to us. I already expected her to do that so we quickly made our way to the flower garden. Why does Alice take me here every time I want to go for a walk?

We walk in between the flower bushes, I notice some of them have a newly born chrysanthemum planted there. Big bro's effect is still apparent. 

While I walk holding hands with Alice who is answering all of Nathalie's questions about flowers I feel something touching my empty hand. It is warm and squishy. When I look to the side I see Nathalie acting like nothing happened. I decided not to question it as we continued the walk around the mansion.

After a little while of walking Alice notices how tired I am, being in bed for so long is not that good… Alice found a place where we could sit below a tree, after I sat myself, Nathalie who was at a loss as to what to do decided to sit right next to me.

She looked at me with a smile on her face and started patting my head. I looked at her extremely happy expression and I couldn't help but just accept her affection.

Hello, been a little bit since the last one, but don't worry I haven't given up. I just wanted to say thank you for reading this far, especially on this nice day that marks one month of me starting this series, hope to continue for many more. Anyways see you on the next one <3

83