Ch. 25 – A new friend?
1.5k 12 87
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The autumn was in full force by now, most of the trees had  lost their orange colored leaves, the cold was in full force. It was already 60th of Fall, according to what I heard Alice say, it would be 30 days until Winter began. Plenty of time had passed since I had gone to the old building, I never had the courage to bring it up again. 

The days were passing as they usually did, but the melancholy I felt when Nathalie left had still to pass… I need something to distract myself... 

As I woke up that morning, I was ready to follow the now usual routine of taking a walk inside the mansion, but mom entered the room with a bigger smile than normal. What is she up to?

“Ori, I see you are already done with your morning preparations, okay then, Let’s go!”

She picked me up, and happily took me to the reception hall once again. What is happening? 

Getting there I could see a group of 5 people standing there, 3 butlers and 2 maids, I had never seen them before. Are they new people? I quizzically looked at mom.

“These are the new people that will start working in the mansion!”

Was I brought here just for that? As I was questioning that I noticed one of the maids, a black haired and tall woman with sharp eyes and a stern expression, she moved a step to the side, and from behind her leg appeared a small girl, she was smaller and thinner than me, and had black hair arranged in tiny ponytails.

She hid herself behind the maid’s leg again, but the maid took another step to the side and gave her a stern look. 

“That is Jeana, she is your age and she will be living in the maids dorm from now on!”

The girl covered herself with her tiny hands, mom put me on the ground and took a step back, I walked to the girl who was now red as a tomato. She is extremely cute, so my only  reaction was to pet her head.

She took her hands off her face, and I could see her big teary eyes, she looked at me before covering it again. I stayed petting her for a bit, I lost track of time while rubbing my hand on her soft hair, but it must have been a little bit…

Mom ended up making Jeana spend the rest of the day with us, apparently the stern maid was her mother and she had been recently recruited to work here. Mom was seriously pushing us to be friends. 

Jeana was a shy girl as my first impression of her led me to believe, she was really cute, but she hadn’t spoken a word while we were walking around the mansion, maybe she will after we get to know each other after a little while, but for now she only sheepishly walked holding Alice’s hand opposite to me. 

Hopefully we can become friends soon…

After our little walk around, she just followed us while I followed my routine, always hiding herself every time she was asked something… Our friendship will need a lot of work. 

When the day was over the maid came to pick her, she left without having uttered a single word.

87