Ch. 33 – A festival!?
828 8 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

hello there! Didn't expect to be back so soon... But here I am due to the influence of a friend I am back to writing again! That being said I feel like my writing is a little bit different than before, so I would appreciate any feedback you could give me <3 Anyway hope you enjoy the new chapter!

 

On the grass fields outside where there was usually nothing there were now a lot of carriages. Mom held my hand a little tighter when seeing a tall burly man wearing a full suit of armor except a helmet approaching us, his brown hair swaying as he approached us with a smile plastered on his face.

He just needed a white horse to be called a charming prince… He will totally sound like a douchebag.

“Long time no see miss Katherine, so you finally decided to call me, I kn-”

“Where is sir Simon?” 

It seems I was right, thankfully mom was quick to silence him, good job mom, I mentally thanked her.

“I know I messed up but-”

“Viktor, WHERE IS SIR SIMON?”

I looked at mom with sparkling eyes, such a strong and independent woman! Not bowing down to some handsome guy. I applauded her in my head.

The prince realized he wouldn’t get nowhere and gave in.

“Sir Simon is dealing with a few rowdy merchants”

“Would you do us the favor of guiding us to where he is?”

“I am totally available to be your protector today milady, in fact I alway-”

My mom looked ready to explode at him, so I decided to intervene. 

“Mom, who is sir Simo~”

“Sir Simon is the royal guard responsible for our safety”

“I wan~ meet sir Simo~”

“Sure Ori, we will when Viktor decided to listen to me”

“Vi~to~ bad~”

He seemed to be caught by surprise and was quick to apologize. Getting down on one knee and looking me in the eye.

“I am sorry miss Oriel, It seems I had a severe lapse in my judgement, I will make sure to never do anything like it again. I am so filled with guilt I would in fact accept any kind of punishment you bestow upon me, eve-”

“You are either extremely brave or extremely dumb disrespecting my daughter in front of me like this”

    Even I could feel the murderous stare coming out of mom’s usually calm face, even the valiant prince was sweating and taken aback by her. 

I heard Alice’s sigh from behind us.

“You sure never change Viktor...”

“Alice… save me...”

I could hear him trying to search for help.

“The best course of action would be for you to do as Miss Katherine says” 

She put her hand on her face and let out a sigh. Viktor got up again and laughed as if nothing had happened.

“So how are my acting skills Kathe? they still hold up pretty well”

Mom let out an exasperated sigh.

“I was sure to ask for Simon to be waiting for us, not you… Also please don’t call me by that nickname, you should have more respect”

“Don’t say stuff like that, it hurts!”

“So you will just ignore the nickname part...”

“Anyway, sir Simon was waiting for you but I saw the commotion and told him about it, and that hard working man just happened to decide he would take care of it on his own”

“So you used the commotion as an opportunity to take his place...”

Listening to their conversation as we started to walk I could see that they knew each other for a long time, but while he always sounded friendly, mom’s words always had a sharpness to it.

    I soon got distracted by the unexpected scenery, passing by a few carriages I noticed plenty of people taking camp on the fields, some big tents and some smaller ones. 

Occupying those tents were plenty of different types of people, some more well dressed than others, and others who were most likely workers were walking around with dirty clothes.

A thing that struck me as odd was that most of them were men, to be more accurate it seemed as if all of them were men. I looked at mom who still looked somewhat angry.

“Mom, wha~ is happenin~?”

“So, about that-”

“You haven’t said anything about the spring festival to Miss Oriel”

It seemed as if sir handsome wouldn’t let my mom have her peace today… But spring festival, that does sound interesting.

50