Ch. 34 – A weird encounter
808 5 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The spring festival is a special occasion in all of the empire and it is celebrated even in the smallest of villages, or so explained Alice, while mom was busy with Viktor.

“Of course the Fiddlere family would also take part in it, they always give the space for a festival to be celebrated in their property, it just happens that this year it is being celebrated in here”

“Who r~ all the~ men?”

“They are merchants looking to make business deals during the festival”

“Ohhh Thanks Alice~”

“You can always ask me anything”

As we looked at each other with smiles on our faces I noticed mom and Viktor had finished their argument, and mom looked at me with a pouting face that made her seem a lot younger than she is. 

“You can always ask mommy too”

As we walked more I noticed that a heated discussion was happening in the direction we were going. It seems I will get to meet Sir Simon soon.

As we leisurely went on our walk I started to notice how many people were staring at me, now I get why mom was keeping me from going outside all this while…

We got closer to the commotion but it seemed to have reached an end as the people were returning to their respective places. The only one that stayed in the middle of the way was a tall man, he had white hair and a face full of wrinkles.

He looked straight out of an action anime carrying a rapier by his side like that. 

“I am sorry Miss Kath-” 

“So we meet again Miss Katherine, it must be fate!”

One of the men who was walking away from the commotion seemed to have had second thoughts about leaving and turned back, looking at him I could feel a sense of familiarity.

“Last time we didn’t have the chance to discuss the arrangements, but I am sure we can work them out today, the best negotiations happen during the festival after all”

He was a chubby man, wearing a lot of jewelry all over his body, and he seemed desperate to make some sort of arrangements… I feel like I have seen him before… 

“I am sure my son would be the best option for miss Oriel”

An arranged marriage!? I couldn’t help but show my disgust as he continued to babble on and on about the many qualities of his son and how well known his name was in the higher circle of the capital… 

He didn’t let my mom speak for a second and she looked like she was going to explode at any moment, it seems she won’t catch a break today… Even Viktor couldn’t manage to say anything. 

As I was thinking of a solution I noticed Sir Simon looking at the exchange, without moving one muscle, our eyes suddenly met. This was my chance, I seized the opportunity and used my ultra powerful weapon: a pleading face!

The result was instant as Simon quickly intervened.

“We already discussed this but you need to respect boundaries when staying in this property”

He said putting his hand on the chubby guy's chest pushing him away from us.

“But-”

“I advise you to keep your mouth shut as you are bothering miss Oriel”

When the chubby man went to look at me I made sure to have a displeased expression. It seemed that he had something more to say as he was basically dragged out by Simon. A royal guard sure is useful...

As we were waiting for him to return I noticed Jeana was holding my hand tighter than before. I looked at her and she had a troubled expression. 

“Is Ori goin~ to marry him?”

People always said to me that young children always pick up on the weirdest things, there was a slight misunderstanding on her part, but her question was a good one.

I looked at the people surrounding me like a curious kid waiting for an answer. I guess I really am one...

48