Ch. 36.5 – The painting (part 2)
762 9 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

POV: Katherine

“No need to be sorry, this old man has all the time in the world!”

His hearty laugh filled the room, while being a very stern businessman, grandpa had never raised his voice or got angry at anyone in the family, but no matter how lively he acted, he still was only an ordinary old man, so he didn’t have all the time in the world...
Leaving those details aside we all enter the well-lit room.

“You three look lovely today, I am positive this painting will come out amazing”

In front of him was his canvas and painting equipment, and directly in front of him were three chairs. Looking at Rylee and Alice I noticed they were a little nervous.

“You three, don’t be shy, just take a sit and we will begin”

It was Rylee’s first time being painted, but Alice already had been through it with me once.

“I will be taking this one”

Rylee sat in the left chair and giving Alice a stern look. I couldn’t comprehend why she would be doing that, and it stunned me for a second, leaving for Alice to choose a sit first.

I didn’t really care about the sitting arrangements, to begin with, but Rylee’s gaze became sterner as Alice sheepishly walked to the right chair.

Why is she so worked up about it?

I sit in the middle, on my left was Rylee who looked pissed off, and on my right was Alice looking apologetic. Grandpa looked at me in search of help. If they were to look like this, the painting wouldn’t turn out any good.

Thankfully the seats were pretty close together, I suddenly crossed my arms with theirs and pulled them a bit closer to me.

“Come on, you can’t be painted with that kind of expression!”

I managed to catch them by surprise, and looking at them both I noticed their expressions relax. And I heard a barely audible mumble on my left.

“It could have been Alice doing that...”

I was about to show a reaction when grandpa made a thumbs up.

“Now it is better, now try and hold your pose while I sketch...”

I couldn’t help but think about those words as grandpa worked.

Wait a second, does Rylee like Alice?

33