Chapter 26
2.4k 12 53
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Guess who had no power for most of the day? 😅

 

Saturday, 9:37am.

Asahi left his room, wearing only underwear.

He went to the kitchen to grab a couple bottles of sports drinks, only to find Mayumi and Fumiko having a light breakfast. Both were wearing booty shorts and t-shirts.

He smiled. “Good morning.”

Fumiko smiled back. “Good morning.”

Mayumi got up, hugged him, then started to take in the scent of sex coming from him. “Yeah, really good
”

He squeezed her right butt-cheek. “We’re pretty much done there. She just needs to hydrate a bit, then we’ll take a shower.”

Mayumi gave him a light kiss, let go, and sat back down. “That was fast.”

Asahi chuckled. “I went all out from the start. I think it was a bit much.”

Fumiko nodded. “I can see that.” She then made a gesture with her index finger, for him to come closer. “Where is my good morning kiss?”

Smiling, Asahi walked to her, caressed her face, and gave Fumiko a light kiss. “How are you feeling about meeting three powered people?”

She beamed him a bright smile. “Excited! But don’t worry, I won’t bombard them with questions like I did with Trish.”

Smiling, he gently pinched the tip of her nose. “That’s good.”

He then walked to the fridge, and grabbed two bottles of sports drinks, before going back to his room.

Tomoko was sprawled on the bed, looking like she had just finished a sexual decathlon. Tired, but with an expression of pure satisfaction.

He sat on the bed next to her. “How are you feeling?”

She smiled. “Fantastically tired. You became one hell of a stud since that weekend, it’s mind-boggling.”

He gave her a light kiss. “I aim to please.”

She chuckled. “That’s an understatement.”

Slowly, she raised her torso and grabbed one of the bottles, then started to drink.

As soon as she was hydrated enough, they both took a quick shower. While Tomoko left the bathroom wearing her sweatpants and hoodie combo, Asahi wore shorts and a tank top.

Passing by the living room, Amaya was already there with Mayumi and Fumiko. She was sitting on a couch chair, with her hair braided as usual. She was wearing a spring dress with a cherry blossom pattern, that went to her knees, and thigh high socks, with her backpack on the floor beside her.

They gave her a simple greeting as they passed by.

At the front door, Tomoko gave Asahi a light kiss, and caressed his package. “Text me whenever you want to have sex, seriously, anytime.”

He smiled. “I will.”

After closing the door, he went back to the living room. Amaya had a tinge of red on her cheeks, and an expression filled with curiosity.

Mayumi, who was sitting with Fumiko on the large couch, pointed to the center table. “Amaya brought sweets that she made herself.”

There was a fancy box with dozens of small biscuits covered with green seeds.

He grabbed one and took a bite, sitting on the other couch chair. “Wow, it’s delicious. What’s it called?”

Amaya’s cheeks reddened a bit more. “Nankhatai. It’s a common Indian dessert.”

“You did a great job with them. Do you use a standard recipe or did you tweak it?” He asked, grabbing another two.

“I use goat butter, brown sugar and cardamom seeds, but the rest is standard.”

He nodded. “Can you send me your recipe later? Unless it’s a family secret.”

She chuckled. “No, it’s not. I’ll send it to you when I get home.”

As she said that, the intercom rang.

Mayumi smiled. “Yay, they’re here.”

She went to the intercom with a pep on her step.

He got up and turned the console and TV on, then looked at Amaya. “What do you wanna play?”

“I don’t think it’s a good idea for me to play competitive games that rely on hand-eye coordination, but anything else is fine.”

Fumiko looked at her quizzically. “If you don’t mind me asking, why not?”

“Due to the nature of my powers, throughout the years of training, my reaction time decreased a bit too much. That, combined with me actually being good at video games, makes it quite unfair.”

Asahi raised his right eyebrow. “Can we get a number?”

Amaya sighed, and spoke softly. “22ms, without actively using my powers.”

Their eyes widened.

Amaya shrugged. “I can use my powers to raise that to 100ms, making it quite slower, but it’s still really fast. Doing that also makes it so I might fry the hardware I’m holding, if I get too excited.”

Asahi displayed a pensive expression. “Trish said that she only plays story driven games and farm simulators. It might be just her preference, but I think she has a similar problem.”

Amaya nodded. “From my understanding, she is a Super Soldier type whose non-powered body is already beyond human, so it would make sense. At least it was what my grandfather told me; he is acquainted with her father.”

Fumiko frowned. “Damn that must suck, obvious benefits aside. Would you play a match against me in a fighting game? I would like to see it, if it doesn’t bother you.”

Amaya smiled. “Oh, that’s fine, I don’t mind.”

As they were still picking a game from Mayumi’s vast online library, the doorbell rang. The front door opened almost immediately, since Mayumi was waiting there.

Setsuko was wearing booty shorts, a tight video game shirt and thigh high socks, while Ryota wore his usual jeans and hoodie.

However, the hoodie he was wearing was from a videogame with a cute bear for a mascot, so the hood had bear ears. Both were wearing their backpacks as usual.

Mayumi looked at him with sparkling eyes.

Setsuko smiled. “He looks super adorbs, doesn’t he? We brought ice cream.”

Ryota blushed, which just made him look even cuter.

Smiling, Mayumi gestured for them to enter. “Please, come in.”

They entered the apartment holding hands.

After closing the door, Mayumi led them to the living room.

As Fumiko laid her eyes on Setsuko and Ryota, her expression was different from what they were used to. For a couple seconds, she had an analytical expression, then it shifted to a gentle smile.

Mayumi gestured at the couple. “Fumiko, this is Setsuko and Ryota.”

“Hi, nice to meet you both.”

Ryota waved at her, smiling. “Hi, nice to meet you too.”

Setsuko looked at her from top to bottom. “Damn.” She then looked at Asahi. “Dude, you’re way too lucky.”

Asahi laughed. “You have no idea.”

When they were done greeting each other and putting the ice cream away, Fumiko started a match against Amaya, in a fighting game that both were comfortable with. The rest watched while eating the sweets that Amaya had brought.

Ryota and Setsuko didn’t know about Amaya’s condition, so the flawless trashing that happened on that match, surprised both of them. Mayumi was partially surprised, because she was in the entrance hallway during the conversation, so she thought she had misheard the number.

For the first time in her life, Fumiko was powerless in a video game. She couldn’t even touch Amaya.

They played another match, because Fumiko requested a do over.

At the end of the last round, Fumiko managed to land an unblockable counter in a situation where Amaya couldn’t dodge, eating 50% of her health, which made Amaya’s eyes widen. Unfortunately, Fumiko was only one punch away from losing, which happened immediately.

After the match finished, the first to speak was Setsuko, who was sitting beside Ryota on the smaller couch.

“What the fuck is with your reaction speed? I figured it might be enhanced due to the nature of your power, but holy shit.”

Amaya ignored Setsuko, and looked at Fumiko. “I had you, how did you do it?”

Fumiko smirked. “Math based behavioral pattern analysis.”

Amaya blinked. “Did you just call me predictable?”

Fumiko shrugged. “You got sloppier the more we fought throughout the first match, relying on your reaction speed more and more. During the second match I just started to play slightly worse, enough to make a difference, but not enough to be immediately noticeable. Then I waited for that specific moment.”

Mayumi hugged Fumiko from the side and kissed her cheek. “Isn’t she incredible?”

Setsuko’s eyes shone with competitive spirit. “Amaya, pass the controller, please. I want a go at her.”

Amaya looked at the controller, then threw it to Setsuko, who was immediately smoked by Fumiko.

Throughout that day, they played a lot of games and talked quite a bit about themselves.

Amaya was from very rich family, which although strict in some aspects, were quite loving and caring. She had an older brother, who she was close with, but didn’t see as often as she wanted, due to him being busy with his company. She loved video games since she was a child. Due to having to master her powers, she didn’t have as much free time as Mayumi to hone her game-making skills.

As Asahi predicted, Setsuko and Ryota were orphans who grew up together, having met when they were both eleven years old. They didn’t go into specifics, aside the standard for orphans, but it was clear that they also had horrible experiences, up until they were fifteen and got emancipated.

Unlike Asahi, as soon as they got emancipated, video games ceased to be escapism, and became instead just a pure source of joy for them. They were poor and barely scraped by in the beginning, but they had each other.

Setsuko showed a photo of her before transitioning, and for the most part, her breasts were the most visible change. Ryota, despite what one might think due to his appearance, he very much saw himself as a guy.

Asahi wanted to ask Amaya to show him her powers, but he didn’t need to, since all three ended up showing their powers to the girls.

Amaya made blue streaks of electricity circle around her arm, and Setsuko made a few flames twirl around her. Ryota didn’t have a reason to show his, because they were already used to Asahi’s Psychokinesis.

The three of them only ended up leaving around 11pm.

After tidying up, and slightly rearranging the living room furniture, Asahi made a large black bean bag chair appear, big enough for him, Mayumi and Fumiko to lay on it together.

They cuddled, had sex, and slept on it.

Asahi decided to leave the conversation about the bracelets to the next day, to not soil their day of fun by making them have to think about something so serious.

 

Asahi woke up a couple minutes after five in the morning.

With Fumiko in the middle, the three of them were under a comfy blanket.

Using his psychokinesis, he made so that the bean bag chair wouldn’t move, and quietly got up. Looking at the girls sleeping, he smiled.

He walked to his room and stretched a bit. ‘I should go out for a jog, to clear my mind. I need to think how to properly convey what I want to the girls regarding the bracelets.’

After stretching, just in case, he left a note to the girls saying that he went out for a jog, and would bring pastries on his way back.

He put a track suit on and left the building.

The sun was starting to rise, and there was no one on the streets.

After jogging for a couple blocks, he inwardly sighed. ‘For fuck’s sake. Why did they send someone from the TS to watch my building on a Sunday morning? The fucker is even jogging behind me, thinking I don’t know he’s there, because he’s using sensorial camouflage.’

After jogging for another few minutes., he turned and went inside a long alley.

As he got close to the middle of it, he stopped and turned around, to look at the invisible person. “You can stop now, no one is watching, and you can’t hide from us.”

Suddenly, the figure of a Caucasian man in his late twenties, wearing casual clothes and a jacket appeared. He had a buzz cut, was 1.92m tall, and looked to be from somewhere in Europe. His physique was well trained, and judging by his posture and stern expression, he probably had a military background of some sorts.

Asahi looked at him with an indifferent expression. “Stop following me, I’ll go talk to your boss sometime this week.”

The man frowned, and spoke in Japanese, but with a bit of an accent. “Do you even know who my boss is, or who I am? They did tell me that you were one hell of a cocky brat.”

Asahi sighed, then looked at the man. “You know what? I’m not in the mood to talk my way out of your organization’s incompetence. Just come at me, as you planned to do from the beginning. If you manage to get even one hit in, I’ll do whatever you want.”

The man looked at the kid in front of him, who wasn’t even entering a fighting stance. “You’re indeed way too cocky brat.”

Darting towards Asahi, the man feigned a kick with his left leg, and with a swift and fluid motion, threw a right straight punch at Asahi’s face.

However, when his fist was a couple centimeters away from Asahi, it was stopped, like he had hit a meter thick steel wall. A small ripple in reality occurred around the place of impact, and several crunch noises where heard.

His hand was broken in several places, but with no exposed fractures.

The man didn’t scream, showcasing his extensive training, but his face crumpled in an expression of pain.

Asahi didn’t use his powers. When he turned to enter the alley, he bought a Protective Bracelet, making it appear on his wrist, beneath the jacket of his track suit.

Taking advantage of that opening, Asahi landed a direct punch with his left on the man’s liver, making him immediately crumple to the ground, muffling a scream.

What the man felt was like someone hit him with a sledgehammer, and an incredibly accurate one. Despite him reinforcing his body with ki, he was in an incredible amount of pain, enough to paralyze him.

Asahi looked at him on the ground, retaining the same indifferent expression. “Dude, you’re a recon guy, and you come at me like that? Even if you were of the Super Soldier type, that would still be so fucking dumb. No wonder Ikeda Daiki considers you a pawn, setting you up just to test me.”

The man’s eyes widened, still unable to talk due to the pain.

“Yes, I know about your boss, and about you too, Gilbert Dubois. Wanna see a magic trick?”

He stuck his hand inside his track suit’s jacket pocket, and pulled out a cellphone. “I think this might be your phone. How did it end up in my pocket? I couldn’t possibly have pickpocketed you before you fell, could I?”

The man panicked, but before he could recover, Asahi kicked the man’s liver, sending him rolling for about a meter.

Asahi shook his head. ‘Already fainted.’

He then input the password on the phone, and called the contact named Boss.

Soon, a voice came from the other side of the call, that sound like the person had been woken up by the call.

“Already done?”

Asahi spoke calmly. “The idiot you sent is unconscious.”

It seemed like Asahi’s voice completely woke the man on the line up. “Kinoshita-kun?”

“I’ll only say this once, and you better pay attention. I’ll be stopping by your office sometime this week, so we can have a nice talk. If you send anyone else to test or spy on me, or anyone I care about for that matter, *they* will be stopping by your office, and the talk won’t be so nice.”

As soon as he said that, Asahi hung up.

[ Due to the latest evolution, you can now pay 50,000P to absorb Gilbert Dubois’ phone, and have permanent access to the Transcendent Network. No matter how much you use it, they will not even know that it is being used, let alone who is using it. For an additional 10,000P you can also have access to the rest of the phone’s functions, even receiving calls and messages that would have gone to your personal phone. ]

‘That’s great, please buy both. That will help a lot with selling the image of an all-knowing organization.’

The phone immediately vanished from reality.

‘Send an alert to the TS marked as emergency, pinging this location, please. I want them to freak out, not knowing from whom the alert came from.’

[ Done. ]

Ignoring the man on the ground, Asahi jogged back to his apartment.

 

Still in the elevator, he felt the girls asleep on the bean bag chair.

He sighed as he entered his apartment. ‘I’m relying on people not being dumb, I might have completely lost my mind.’

[ You are actually surprisingly sane, given your circumstances. ]

‘Yeah, yeah
’

He put his clothes in his inventory, leaving only his underwear on.

Making the note he left before disappear, he sat down on the couch without making a noise, and took a deep breath.

‘Alright, passives. Please, give me a list of things that I can enhance my combat abilities, that I’d be willing to pay the points for right now.’

[ Attuned Velocity (Passive) – You can start any movement with up to 60% of your maximum speed, and your control over your body’s movements is doubled. Additionally, the fatigue your movements generate, takes three times longer to accumulate. Cost: 120,000P]

[ Critical Resistance – Strengthens all of your vital points, making them take reduced damage. From low damages being nullified, up to high damages being reduced by 70%. Cost: 80,000P ]

[ Enhanced Recovery – Increases any healing done to your body by 50%, including your natural healing. Additionally, you recover from any negative status three times faster. Cost: 100,000P ]

[ Enhanced Senses (Passive) – The effectiveness of your senses, and affinity with them are doubled. Cost: 70,000P ]

[ Swift Reaction (Passive) ­– Your reaction time is halved. Cost: 50,000P ]

‘420k
 nice meme. Buy all of them, please.’

[ Thank you, and done. ]

Suddenly, Asahi felt a refreshing feeling wash over him. The world around him changed as his senses expanded. He started to perceive many more details, and even the colors seemed more pronounced.

He felt like things slowed down around him, and even if slightly, it was enough to be easily noticeable.

Please, consider supporting me on Ko-fi or Patreon. The money goes towards groceries and other essentials.

On Ko-fi you can tip me directly, and whenever the communal goal is met, I will release an additional chapter in the following week, with the limit of one additional chapter per week. While on Patreon, you can stay five chapters ahead of the public releases, while also helping me work towards additional weekly releases.

Thank you all for reading my novel. I wish you nothing but happiness. 😁

53