BK 2: Chapter 1 Summoning a True Hero
482 4 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It’s been a century since the invasion of Or’crox failed leaving the thirteen world’s scarred and heavily contaminated with miasma. Ethereal has long since entered his slumber with 9,900 years left till he wakes, the thirteen world’s struggle to hang on and survive. With most of the dragons in hibernation to recover from their wounds, the Overseers preoccupied with the miasma on Deus and the Tempest’s leaderless, everyone has been left to their own devices.

- Overseer Rocyl Master of the Great Tower

100 A.O.

I set down the new volume of History of the 13 World’s I was working on and decided to take a break.

Rocyl sighed, “I wish my brother would include me in the miasma containment research…..”

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Meanwhile in our universe…..

I was walking down the outlet mall path carrying a new pair of cleats in a plastic bag when suddenly a skater kid who was trying to do some kinda trick with his board failed and accidentally crashed through a store window. On instinct, I ran up to help him and saw he had a shard of glass sticking out of one of his eyes and he was unconscious. I took his pulse to make sure he was alive and started dialing 911, he was alive but everyone else just stood around staring without helping.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………

After a while, the paramedics showed up and were wheeling the kid into the ambulance on a gurney. An officer stood in front of me asking questions while he wrote on a notepad.

Police Officer, “And you said he was performing a skateboard trick?”

“Ya.”

Police Officer, “Poor kid didn’t even have a helmet on..... Oh well, from what I heard from the paramedics it doesn’t seem the piece of glass reached his brain or anything he should be fine. Not that he’ll be able to see out that eye anymore but hey it could be worse. You did good kid, now if you don’t mind I need to go submit my report at the station.”

With that over the officer headed on his way to his car and I started to head back home.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………

I walked through the castle halls as I held the sacred Ethereal Tome my heels clicking across the floor as my long blond hair swayed. I was nervous. The daemon army was constantly laying siege to the city, even now I could hear the sounds of battle far off at the city walls.

Crown Princess Aria, “This better work…”

Finally, I arrived at the chamber set aside for the summoning, my blue eyes picking apart every detail of the divine runic summoning circle designed by Ethereal himself. After I made sure everything was as depicted in the Ethereal Tome I scanned the servants, knights, priests, and advisors making sure everyone was present.

Crown Princess Aria, “Let us begin!”

A priest walked forth and activated his mana pouring it into the circle as I opened the Ethereal Tome and flipped through its pages. Finally, I arrived on the page with the three different hero archetypes to choose from. Silently I read through them again.

[Warrior]

A veteran soldier who has seen many battles and survived them all. Possesses vast martial prowess.

Summoning Code: Axiom

[Gaurdian]

A guardsman or constable who has arrested many criminals and faced many foes. Possesses high deductive reasoning and analytical skills.

Summoning Code: Justitia

[Champion]

A person who specializes in saving others and holds great potential. Possesses the traits of a true hero.

Summoning Code: Salvator

Crown Princess Aria spoke in the divine tongue and said, “Salvator.”

As the word left her mouth so did the divine runes take shape flowing from her mouth into divines runes of mana spelling out Salvator. The divines runes flowed down toward the active divine summoning circle and swirling around its center before diving into it. The divine summoning circle’s mana pulsed and a bright cyan light flashed.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

I was on my way back from the outlet mall walking down the sidewalk when a circle of cyan light with English word’s in a ring around it, appeared beneath my feet and I fell through it. There was a flash of light and I found myself standing in a spell circle similar to those from movies but with more English words and in what appeared to be a code similar to javascript but with many alterations.

I looked up and saw medieval knights, people in robes, and what looked like some type of clergy in black robes with blue decorations on them.

At the front was a woman around my age with long blonde hair, blue eyes, and pale skin, she wore a black dress with blue and gold decoration, no visible cleavage, and a strange symbol on her chest in gold. It had two gold swirling eyes extending down from a trunk, like roots from a tree, from the trunk grew seven swirling branches and underneath the tree was a semi-circle of twelve swirling circles with an additional large one in the middle.

1.png?token-time=1636934400&token-hash=BghfRk_nZDcZVahnm6jUSw9FQ16G1y0QnYPmv5fQuv4%3D

 

The woman wore a tiara and seemed to have the bearing of royalty, as she opened her arms wide and said.

“Welcome Champion.”

7