BK 2: Chapter 7 Local Diety?
350 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the years passed I grew and so did my kobold’s I taught them English, agriculture, how to mundanely make fire, how to domesticate animals, and magic. I didn’t know how to build houses or perform metallurgy but I taught them the concepts and they figured it out, if only the basics. We were now growing newly domesticated wheat, apple trees, peach trees, onions, and carrots. We found some wild boar and domesticated them by feeding them onions, other tubers, and even fruits, before leading them into a fenced-in area, where they are now kept. We found a few wild jungle fowl and domesticated them into chickens by feeding them wheat leading them into a chicken coop. Food was looking pretty good and so I relaxed by exploring south of the town wall. 

 

 

After three days of walking down a small creek off the river where my town is I heard screams, human screams, and shouting. I picked up the pace, turning my walk into a run, and came out the woods and looked downhill at a village under attack by what seemed to be goblins, of the non-daemon variety. There were a few hundred goblins, flowing through a broken gate into the village as the villagers fought them in a panic. I began chanting a spell using the ambient mana to target only the goblins with mana missiles, the chant finished and I fired. The goblins never stood a chance. With exploded goblins all over the place and shocked villagers staring wide-eyed with dropped jaws I made my descent down the hill. The villagers swept the land and sky with their eyes when they finally noticed me approaching. Met with questioning and despair-filled faces I made my voice known, “I come in peace. I even killed those goblins for you.”

 

 

The moment those words left my mouth They all dropped to their knees with looks of awe and bewilderment, then bowed, repeatedly. Strangely or not so strangely I wasn’t bothered by this, I was used to the reverence of the kobolds and that of my fellow humans in my past life. By becoming accustomed to this behavior I grew to enjoy it, after all, who doesn’t like compliments or a little stroking of their ego.

 

 

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………

 

 

I watched as the villagers began construction of a temple to worship me of their own volition. I had gathered some of my kobolds to help clear the forest for new farmland and homes, as well as guarding the human villagers. Over time I planned to slowly migrate my kobolds to this location, but before that, I needed to set up the required infrastructure and support for their combined populations. When I introduced the kobolds and humans to each other, the humans seemed to believe they were my divine servants. Those from my past life would never be caught worshiping a drake of any kind let alone what they would consider demihumans. It made me wonder just how backward and uneducated these people are. Perhaps they were this way due to being cut off from the rest of the world by the miasma. 

 

 

Although they seemingly have more land unaffected by the miasma I wonder if that has affected them worse in other ways, Then again there’s no reason others wouldn’t currently have the same problem. Hmmmm….. Only time will tell, but perhaps I should actively gather more information.

 

 

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

 

 

Over the days and weeks, the village progressed with the help of my kobolds and soon the villagers sent word to other local villages of their patron, me. With that, I saw more migrate to this village causing the village to grow into a town. After finally learning the language I used members of this now larger population to scout the land and questioned their current knowledge of their geography. How many villages were there, were there other towns or even cities, Which ones were hostile, etc.

 

 

Through this, I found there was no nearby town besides this one. Villages were scattered throughout the land often far apart, however it seemed there were three major cities along the coast, all of them their own independent city-states. Not much was known about them only that the closest one was to the south-east and the others were rumored to be even further south of them each vastly far apart. I couldn’t even get a general area for the other two cities just that they were south of Pierfurd, nobody even knew the other cities' names.

 

 

Eventually, I decided to name the town I was on the edge of, or rather rename it, as it was previously named Woodville, so mundane. Thus after gathering the chiefs and elders I renamed it Drakengard.

 

 

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

 

 

Razyl, “Finally we’ve done it! The Dungeon Core Project is Complete!”

 

 

Acyl, “I say brother after we finished the Miasma Containment Project, and purified Deus I didn’t know how we would feasible get it done on the other twelve worlds, but these Dungeon Cores of yours truly remarkable. With these, we should be able to purify the other twelve worlds before the favored races go extinct!”

 

 

Razyl, “Indeed, truly I am amazing. Now then begin the launch sequence! It’s time to get these to the other twelve worlds!”

 

 

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

 

The years passed and the town grew into a small city with outlying villages, I had finally finished migrating over my kobolds and was staring out over the land from my temple. Which was on that very same hill I climbed down when I discovered this fledgling village. My, how the years had gone by. I looked down at my Priestess a rather petite woman of twenty years, she kneeled before me with freshly grilled beef in a large clay bowl, her head bowed.

 

 

Priestess, “Lord Drako, the offerings have arrived.”

 

 

Drako, formerly known as Dean, “Thank you Cynthea.”

 

 

Priestess Cynthea, “Tis nothing my Lord. Thank you for your benevolence.”

 

 

Once again I raise my head admiring the night sky of this world when I saw what looked like blue shooting stars falling toward Origin and flocking toward the moons from Deus. I stood up and stared at them my gaze intensifying. Keeping track of the shooting stars I watch as some of them land on the horizon.

7