BK 2: Chapter 8 The Anti-Magic Empire
525 6 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lenessia Night 44th Princess of the Human Empire, a Daughter the Immortal Emperor of Humanity Jay Night and Governess the Southern Continents Central Province under Lord Regent Crown Prince Wilhelm Night First Son of His Imperial Majesty, fled with all her might. She fled from the black red-eyed swarm of Or’crox that was invading. She fled from the crumbling walls of her city. She fled from the cries of her subjects and citizenry, she fled from the horrific shrieks of the swarm, she fled from what she knew would destroy the empire, she fled from the end of an era, from the end of a Golden Age. She fled through the fields of wheat and corn, then through the forest towards the World Gate. She fled towards Hope. Towards survival. 

 

Finally, she arrived her long black curls drenched in sweat, hanging over her milk chocolate face, her dark brown eyes dilated from the adrenaline and fear, her body bent over with her hands on her knees, as she gasped not for air but in an attempt to calm down. The humid forest around her was silent and the gate stood before her its keepers standing guard beside it. She yelled, “Hurry, open the Gate to Pan they're coming!!”

 

Then a giant horned beetle with a black shell and four red glowing eyes landed in the forest behind her. The Gate Keepers ran forward to engage it in battle while Lenessia ran forward to the World Lock on the ground and turned the already inserted World Key to the word Pan written in divine runes. The World Gate opened, a portal appearing within its ring and she ran through it. The gate quickly closed behind her as she found herself in a vast plain of grass. She looked up and saw Origin in the sky still being swarmed by the army of Or’crox. Dragons fought the swarm felling by the thousands with each strike but billions more remained if not more. Eventually, the fighting in the sky died down. Remnants of the Swarm floated in the void, drifting while some fell to the ground of the nearby moons and Origin. Some streaking down in the distance toward Pan while the dragons heavily wounded and tired made their ways to the nearest moons or Origin. She didn’t see any land on Pan but she was sure their landing was just out of sight.

 

I should find a town or something….. 

 

And with that thought, she walked off into a direction where she didn’t see any of the swarm debris fall. I turned my eyes away from the window where I sat.

 

Rocyl, “Huahhh, I suppose there is work ahead of me. I'll keep an eye on her though. Something tells me I’ll have new records to record.”

 

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………

 

Lenessia Night 44th Princess of the fallen Human Empire found a town a soon helped to establish order while protecting its citizens from stray members of the swarm. Through time order in the kingdom, the town was a part of was restored and she was made Lady of Gwarmere. From her line, she sired many immortal-kin and through the centuries she rose from Baroness to Duchess her territory growing in size and might.

 

Eventually, she died defending the kingdom from a daemon dragon that had succumbed to the corruption in it's wounds, and her son Bartheus Night took her place. Hailed as a hero by the kingdom a statue was erected in Lenessia’s glory and with the nobilities support a few decades later Bartheus took the throne, after a short but bloody war. Through the centuries due to the spread of immortal-kin and their descendants, most of the kingdom had innate magic resistance. This was the catalyst that caused the kingdom to not only expand but adopt an anti-magic policy, with the exception of enchantment. Hence the Anti-Magic Empire was established on the Moon of Pan.

 

Records of Rising Empires and Remnant Royals -

By Rocyl of the Great Tower

 

Setting my quill aside I sat back and sighed.

 

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

 

We sat in a large meeting room within the Great Castle, the room lit by the cyan glow of enchanted mana crystals.

 

Razyl, “The dungeon cores have begun to cleanse the mortal worlds. I believe it is time to put an end to the pathetic cultivation methods of mortals we use now and solidify our domains. Tomorrow I will head to Ethereal’s sleeping body and meditate under his aura to increase my cultivation. What say you, my siblings?”

 

Jesyl, “I concur brother. I myself will head to the Styx and cultivate its essence, I have already developed a spell to subdue the starborn in that vicinity.”

 

Acyl, “I believe this to be a good idea, very well I shall head down to an area of Origin untouched by the corruption or miasma, then absorb the essence of earth and plants.”

 

Reyla, “Then I will head to the void below the thirteen worlds, to where I feel the mana has transformed the void to emit essence of its own. It is there I will cultivate. Wait for me husband, may our cultivation be fruitful.”

 

Razyl, “Same to you my dear, may your cultivation be abundant. Now then my siblings I believe this concludes our meeting. If there are no objections may we meet again in four centuries. Meeting adjourned!”

 

With that, I grabbed the gavel and slammed it down on the table.

8