BK 1: Chapter 59 Invasion part 1
643 4 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

All over the thirteen worlds, people looked up at the sky as the red star, the eye of Or’crox grew to the size of a sun.

People dropped whatever in hand as they gazed up in astonishment.

Warriors readied their weapons, mages readied their magic, priests and Oracles prayed.

Men readied themselves to defend their families, women fell to their knees and children wept.

Already Or’crox’s aura of hate and insanity could be felt, putting people on edge.

………………………………………………………………………………………………

In the void swam a great serpent with enough size to curl around all thirteen worlds three times over.

Its body covered in black scales and a blood-red aura of madness in every sense of the word. A massive swarm of daemon insectoids and beasts swam in as well as fed off its aura, like starving parasites. All while it’s single great blood-red eye swirls with Corruption itself like a bottomless pit, the light of its eye shining upon it’s two giant black horns resembling the very same as the Dark Lord.

Or’crox was here.

As if they could smell the thirteen worlds the swarm made off like ravenous beasts and flew through the void towards the thirteen worlds.

At the same time four of Origin Dragons, Jang Khan, Sheila, Verna, and Einhardt all flew to intercept them, a constant stream of dragons flowing from the thirteen worlds flew behind them.

As the two clashed a portion of the swarm broke off and made it past the occupied dragon’s, meeting the dragons lagging behind the rest, in a head-on battle.

Just as they reached past the ring of moons, Myth glowed a brilliant blue and extended two lines of mana through the eleven other moons. When the two ends connected at the other side a barrier shot up trapping that portion of the swarm within and the rest outside.

Then four great holes a mile across each opened on all four continents of Origin letting out a stream of Advent Jor’s minions to aid the dragons in attacking the swarm.

………………………………………………………………………………………………

In front of a certain mountain waited Jor, as the daemons of the swarm crashed down from the sky in the distance.

Jor watched as the Dark Lord stirred and broke free from rock and earth in an explosion of force.

As the Dark Lord walked out of the dust cloud, his four eyes met Advent Jor’s two.

Dark Lord Arachnoc, “Did you wait long?”

Ethereal’s Advent Jor channeled Mystic into his hand and ignited it into a ball of Mystic Fire.

Advent Jor, “Yes.”

Advent Jor threw forth his hand and spewed forth Mystic Flames like a flamethrower at Dark Lord Arachnoc.

Dark Lord Arachnoc stretched forth and with his mind reached out and blocked the Mystic Flames with telekinesis.

Advent Jor jumped through the flames kneeing Dark Lord Arachnoc mid-air in the face, knocking his head back and propelling him backwards into the mountain sending rocks flying.

A moment later Dark Lord Arachnoc flew up out from the rubble towards Advent Jor, but Jor thrust his hand at him and sent a pulse of telekinetic force at the Dark Lord.

This sent the Dark Lord crashing down to his left as he attempted to correct his course, he crashed into the ground hard, rolling for several feet before sliding into a standing position.

The Dark Lord gathered corruption in front of his four eyes before condensing it into dense heat beam that he blasted forth across the ground at Jor as his eyes beams chased him.

Jor ran from the beam as they ignited the grass on fire while simultaneously corrupting and poisoning everything the touched.

Finally, Jor stopped. He created a dome shield of mystic around him as the beams made contact with his shield, Jor ran forward towards the Dark Lord, as his shield blocked the beams.

Jor manipulated the ambient mana into mana arrows and shot them at the Dark Lord Arachnoc as he continued to charge forward.

Distracted by the minor annoyance the Dark Lord stopped his beams grabbing several mana arrows and corrupting them into Miasma.

While he was distracted Jor formed his Mystic Shield into a blade and cut down toward Arachnoc only for his blade to be broken by a backhanded fist covered in blood-red Corruption flames.

Seeing his attack wouldn’t make it Jor dissolved his Mystic blade and shifted his hand into a fist then swung down at Arachnoc’s jaw, knocking Arachnoc's head to the side and breaking teeth.

Jor came up with his other fist in an uppercut knocking back Arachnoc’s head and breaking more teeth.

Jor then grabbed the Dark Lord’s horns and swung his head down while repeatedly kneeing him in the face.

After numerous hits, Arachnoc’s left horn broke off in Jor’s right hand.

Arachnoc then swung his hand into Jor’s chest piercing it and grabbing his core.

Dark Lord Arachnoc, “Ha! I got you!”

Jor smirked and nodded downward pointing with his head.

Dark Lord Arachnoc looked down seeing Jor’s arm in his chest his hand wrapped around his heart.

Arachnoc’s smug face dropped from his face and turned to a look of fury as he began to pour all his Corruption into Jor’s core.

Jor realized even if he killed Dark Lord Arachnoc his core would be corrupted and he would be turned.

With this in mind, he began to chant a spell, divines runes flowing from his mouth as they began to form a spell circle.

Dark Lord Arachnoc looked around wide-eyed and yelled, “Stop! You FOOL YOU’LL KILL US BOTH!!!!!”

The spell circle quickly completed and using his own cores as a fuel source, both he and the Dark Lord Arachnoc, exploded in fiery cobalt blue flames.

The explosion engulfed a few miles of surrounding land in cobalt flames.

The Mystic flames thoroughly burning away the Corruption and Miasma.

Thus Jor made the ultimate sacrifice.

………………………………………………………………………………………………

In the void as the swarm and the dragons warred and bled, Or’crox went straight for Ethereal.

Or’crox opened his mouth a small black hole swirling within and dove into Ethereal’s storm-like body eating him alive.

Ethereal writhed in pain and quickly sent thousands of bolts of Arcanum into Or’crox, causing Or’crox to writhe in pain, before quickly escaping from the inside of Ethereal.

Or’crox quickly swam away from Ethereal through the void, opening a wormhole to another universe and escaping through it, heavily wounded.

Ethereal lost a fourth of his mass and energy. Heavily wounded he struggled to keep himself awake and began to weave together various objects to help his worlds.

17