chapter 3 hunted
442 6 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Stay calm. Slow and shallow breaths, watch the ground, no twigs insight. Completely covered in mud to hide your scent. Keep your eyes peeled, walk through the bush, and armor assimilate it all, stopping any rustling before it can happen.

 

Check the target. It doesn’t suspect a thing. Take aim, full-powered shot, stop breathing.

 

FIRE!!. A crossbow bolt is fired with a *twack* heading straight to the eyes of the capybara.

 

Only for it to seemingly duck by instinct and bolt away before I can shoot another.

FUUUUUUCK!!! IT’S THE FIFTH TIME! I SWEAR THE FUCKERS HAVE PRECOGNITION!

 

“I HAD ENOUGH OF THIS DUMB FUCKERY!” I screamed towards the sky.

 

I turned around to leave.

 

“HISSSSSSSSSSS~!”

 

until I heard a most hellish sound.

 

Turning towards the source of the sound I find myself facing a gray snake. Three times as long as I am tall. With knife-like fangs that hang out of its mouth.

 

I run.

 

And it comes behind me moving with speeds unthinkable with how large it is 

 

I pump my legs and the muscles of my armor, pushing everything to the limit.

 

Yet it is close, I feel it. Breathing down my neck,

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

 

I jump up a small cliff, only to suddenly feel my right arm lighter.

 

It isn't there anymore! And judging by the snapping noise coming from behind I know what happened 

 

I seal the stump with a layer of wooden armor stopping the bleeding and continue running in a manner only to those who see death.

 

Yet it is no use, soon I am smashing into the ground face first, breaking my jaw and turning my screams into gurgles of blood. Why did I fall! ………….. My legs aren’t there anymore.

I pull on all the blood I lost and return it into my body and seal my waste. Pulling back my intestines inside.

 

I don't want to die!

 

Please! administer! Anyone!!!

 

I turned into my back to watch the serpentine monster crunching and chewing my other half.

Fuck! FUCK! WHY IS IT CHEWING! SNAKES JUST SWALLOW!! 

 

But then I caught it. A look of extreme glee was within the snake's eyes.

 

It's taunting me……. It wants to watch me break before I die…. IT WANTS TO BREAK MEE?? I WILL BREAK IT! SHATTER ITS SPINE! TURN IT INTO A DOLL! MAKE IT MY SLAVE!! TORTURE IT TO DEATH!! YOU WANT TO EAT ME?? YOU BETTER BE PREPARED FOR PAIN.

 

I control my face and body with my power. Mold it into a face of fear and dread, let tears stream down my face, shake like a newborn fawn, sweat like I am melting, and reluctantly soil myself. This is what you want to see, isn't it?! Feast your eyes and stomach. It will be your last!

 

Seemingly satisfied with my reaction it begins slithering towards me, its body being pushed by the ground and its powerful muscles. Its mouth unhinged opening to display the abyss to its digestive tract.

 

And soon I see nothing but darkness. Contractions crush my spine and crack my skull

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH! The pain forces me to try to scream yet fail as my body slowly dies

Yet I force my body to hang on. I expose the palm of my remaining hand and touch its stomach’s muscled walls. But no amount of muscle will save it from me.

 

I take control of its body and sever all its motor nerves making sure not to touch its pain respirators. I force its body to regurgitate me.

 

Soon I am lying on the ground broken beyond measure. Thankfully my hand and lower body were not digested, only mangled.

I pull my spine back into its shape, fixing all that is broken. I reconnect my arms and legs. Healing all the damage done to me, except for the blood loss but that comes soon.

 

Still wrecked by phantom pain I stood up. The armor is damaged but thankfully it still provides assistance. Without it, I wouldn't have been able to walk towards the nearest tree.

 

Placing my hand onto it I forcibly made it a part of my body by fusing into it and allowing the transfer of nutrients. Now with a tree as a part of me, I set out moving its roots to attach to other trees and converting them into a network of two hundred trees in a circle around me. I moved and interlocked their body and branches into solid living walls. And then began pulling sap and nutrients into my main humanoid body replenishing my blood and filling my body with nutrients.

I have been going through this from the wrong perspective. I am not a hunter, I am a biologist. 

I don't need to hunt, I need to make the hunter.

 

Now healed and with a relatively safe area, I turned once again to that damned serpent.

Time to for payback.

 

First I opened the flesh of its back and started breaking its long spine one vertebrae at a time. After its spine lay broken I opened holes into its stomach letting the aced burn its insides. I started peeling its scales one by one. When that was done, I opened its mouth and dismantled all its teeth and fangs before its eyes. The look of pain and terror was particularly delicious. I reached a hand into its mouth and began parting my way to its lungs till I grabbed and crushed them. Enjoying the look within its eyes as it felt the pain I was multiplying. Sadly my fun was cut short when its eyes became dead and its brain was fried. 

 

Oh well, time to make my first hunter within this world I guess.

16