chapter 5
391 6 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The giant rodent ate happily. Until its brain was skewered by a clawed finger.

 

Announcement

You have slain a level 13  great rodent of the dragon islands.

Extra experience for slaying a foe thirteen levels above you.

Extra experience for slaying a foe undetected.

Extra experience for slaying a foe alone.

Experience adjusted for enemy difficulty

Congratulations! You have gained the skill: <Natural weapons: Claws>.

 increased dexterity, and strength while using your natural claws.

 Congratulations! You have gained the skill: <Assassination>.

The first attack while undetected deals more damage

Congratulations! You have gained the skill: <Stealth>.

Become harder to notice while blending into your surroundings  

Congratulations! You have leveled up!

Current level is one!

 

And with a wet squelch, the hunter pulled its finger out.

 

Grasping the now dead rodent then forcing it down its throat to be stored within one of its stomachs, it stood up and used its enhanced sense of smell to locate the next target, Only to bolt in another direction. Even though his movements were sharp and fast it made no sound.

 

Soon it was peering into the mouth of a cave.

 

Inside it smelled another predator. From the sound of five different heartbeats, it understood what waited inside. One adult and four cubs.

 

A mother? 

 

The order of its queen echoed in its mind. 

Go and hunt, do not return until you can't hunt anymore.

Announcement

You have gained the skill: <Loyalty>. 

Minor boost to all stats while moving under your queen's orders.

And with that echo guiding its soul it launched itself soundlessly into the cave.

 

Inside it found a big cat standing staring at it. Behind it were smaller cats.

The cat growled yet stood its ground. Its eyes open wide prepared to counter any movement the hunter makes 

 

Seeing a chance the hunter opened its mouth and sprayed poison into the cat's eyes, then leaped forwards while the cat screamed in pain.

With a strong snap, it closed its maw on the cat's neck decapitating it instantly.

 

The small cats meowed in fear and scrambled back.

 

The hunter grasped them one by one and stuffed them down its throat.

 

Turning towards the big cat it began cutting it up into smaller pieces that it also stuffed down its throat.

 

It began to exit the cave with a happy spring in its step, happy to be making progress with the task it was given, its dreams of having its belly rubbed by the queen were however interrupted by an angered roar.  Soon the clearing was broken into by a giant cat. By far the biggest animal the hunter has seen within the jungle.

 

Its body was ripped with muscles. Its pelt is covered with scars. And it was looking at the hunter with wrath in its eyes.

 

Seems the big cat wasn't the mother. Just one of the older children.

 

It seemed like its task was going to be harder than expected.

11