chapter 7
306 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I’m fine!.

“I'm fine hunter:1 I’m feeling better,” I said to the worried hunter, it was holding me in its arms ever since I began crying. And I don’t want to think about it.

“Hurt?” its voice was hissy yet calm.

“Not anymore” I answered calmly. “Can you put me back there?” I asked him pointing at the buddle of biomass.

A blink later and the hunter laid me on top of the fleshy puddle.

Yes, she turned me into a newborn, but that won’t stop me. No, it's the opposite, while I am forbidden from taking the form of an older humanoid nothing is stopping me from taking the form of a non-humanoid, all she did was take away my favorite form.

And I already have the design of this new body in mind.

It’s the same body I made for the high wayfarers because it is perfect for my purposes honestly.

A four-legged lower body vaguely like that of a gazelle and the vaguely humanoid upper body, two hands from the sides, four hands from behind the back each with a purpose in mind. The skin was ivory white, the head held only one diamond-shaped crystal that acts as an eye, able to see all of the light spectrum, and with great range, the head was protected by a curved bone plate. The entirety of the body was covered in lines of crystals that acted as sensors and energy veins connected to a small hyper-dense crystal that acted as the main heart of the body. 

On the inside, I went all out, nanite blood, steel-hard bones, powerful yet small muscles, fiber optics for the nerves, no lungs, no digestive systems.

This body runs on fuel in the form of biocrystals, basically all the minerals and vitamins the body needs condensed in a crystal and filled with ATP.

The brain was a monster of processing power made up of seven brains scattered across the body.

Same with the heart, one main heart that spreads and regulates the biocrystals spread across the body.

The brains and hearts came in pairs, as long as one pair was intact the body would regrow

 

It's done

It took a long while but it's time I awakened.

All I needed to do was push a mental Button and my mind stirred up, I looked around myself taking the sights with my new senses, a redundant action as I already have full 360 degrees Vision, I would have taken a breath had I needed it but no longer. I pushed the ground with my feet and stood tall and proud, I stretched all my arms and rotated the joints 360 degrees taking a soundless step forwards I began getting used to the new weight and shape of my body,

 don't get me wrong it is beautiful but not the kind of beauty I can fall in love with nor do I see anyone falling in love with it, shaking my head to dispel the depressing thoughts and give my mind a surge of dopamine immediately to righting my mood.

 I looked at the main tree and decided to test my control and speed.

I tensed my legs and then launched forwards with instant acceleration, it took less than half a second for me to touch the tree.

Good. I would love to see a capybara try to run from me.

But for now, I need to build a small factory to create biocrystals for me to live off of, I still had enough juice for a couple of weeks but having more won't hurt me.

I connected to the tree network and with the help of my new and improved minds, I began expanding my domain.

Inferior eyes covered trees in five kilometers around me, roots broke deep into the earth and began to absorb nutrients from the rich volcanic soil, I rebuilt those nutrients into more and more biomass and used some of the leftovers from making my new body to build an extra brain deep underground with the sole purpose of monitoring my domain and synthesize biocrystals that will act as my fuel.

Opening my favorite capsule I climbed back in and linked up with the network.

And began expanding and expanding more and more, looking for anything of interest and marking all the beasts I see with pheromones for the hunter to hunt.

And got the chance to see the hunter go on a rampage against all the prey, and I can only say that I am both impressed and scared.

Why? Well seeing a boogeyman looking monster break the spine of a giant snake and slurp it up like some kind of hellish noddle does that to a girl 

[Hello hunter, how are you doing] I asked it through telepathy.

“Happy? Yes, happy!Endless hunting! Fulfilled purpose!....... But something wrong and missing.” came back the unsettled hiss.

[ I see...continue your hunt and I will fix that problem for you]

Seems that its instincts as a pack hunter are itching, maybe it's time for me to give it some “siblings”.

And so with a task at hand, I began testing, first how much is the difference between a hunter that has those new organs I.E the crystal, the crystal gland, and the crystal veins.

And so he was born! Test subject 1!

Only for it to be eaten by a tiger immediately despite trying to hide just like the first hunter could.

Okay… slight hiccup there….

And so IT was born test subject 2!

This time I added the crystal veins into its body.

And low and behold it was eaten by the same damned tiger.

Fuck this tiger.

I sprayed it with E.N.E.M.Y.  pheromones and watched as it was ripped into shreds almost immediately by my first hunter.

 

Who's a good boy! Yes, it's you! Yesss you!! 

I digress, next, I added the crystal gland, and so test subject 3 was born!

result: smashed into a pulp by a crusher snake.

Test subject 4; the crystal was added to the subject and it performed the same as the first hunter did in its early days, A success!

Propping into its mind I found a similar interface yet this one was vague and confusing to look at but the test subject benefited from many physical boons yet it shows no sign of innate knowledge or higher thought.

Conclusion:  crystal veins and crystal glands are useless without the crystal, though their individual uses remain unknown, it was noted that adding them increased clarity of the interface in some way, the crystal seems to be directly linked with the interface as it provides vague access to the interface even while alone.

More tests needed to confirm hypotheses, insufficient data to form a theory or establish a fact.

For now, I left test subject 4 be and continued observing it for any changes.

9