Prologue
1.2k 1 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A man that looked in the best years of youth was in a room filled with holograms. He was analysing the data in front of him, paying attention to every small detail. His looks were stunning, the definition of perfection.

He wasn’t alone in this room filled with machinery and tech. There were many other people, all with looks no less stunning than his own. They were all deeply focused in their own activities, resulting in a bustling scene of people shouting to each other.

A female voice then resounded throughout the entire hall, making everyone stop for a second to listen.

“Announcement: Connection Established. All systems are operational. Tunnel is stable. Synchronisation will be allowed starting in T-5 minutes.”

Only once the announcement was over everyone in the room relaxed. After taking a deep breath everyone went back to their seats, and started working again, but in a way less tensed environment. By now the hard part was over.

The only one who had done nothing all along, the youthful man, disappeared from the room, as if he was never there.

‘The tunnel is finally created huh. Well enough with seeing the VR live news, time to get to work as well.’

Within his holographic interface, he went on to click on multiple tabs to finish his preparations, and once he felt ready, he closed his eyes. He was standing in a little capsule that was just about his size, but still a very comfortable one.

That same capsule brightly lit up, and at the same time the man heard an announcement inside his head.

“Tunnel secured. Ready to begin synchronisation in 3… 2… 1… Successful synchronisation of user…”

Nine months later, in a completely different place:

It was a starry night, and the sky was as clear as a mirror, filled with the brilliance of distant stars. Some were shining brighter, some were very dim. It was a beautiful night sky filled with many colours, a sight to behold.

Inside of a mid-sized hall, of a sumptuous villa, a loving mother exhaled her last breath while giving childbirth. Even though her time had ran out, the clock for the creature that had just originated from her was starting only now.

A new life was born, and yet there were no cries, nor any sort of sound for that matter.

At first, the baby’s vision was blurred, but he gradually became able to see clearly over the course of a few seconds. He had just come into being, but he nevertheless showed eyes full of intelligence. It was something very unusual, but nobody in the room seemed to notice.
Once the baby managed to overcome the initial hurdles, he started to inspect his surroundings.

The hall had a lot of decorations. There were many paintings and a long red carpet that connected the bed to the double door, which was the only entrance to the room. Many men dressed in what looked like a butler outfit were placed all along the walls of the room. They had impassible expressions on their faces. The only sounds were produced by three women dressed in white clothes, checking on the woman who had just stopped breathing.

One checked her breathing, the other checked her wrist, while one took care of the newborn. After a few seconds they just shook their heads. All hope was lost. They covered the dead woman with the same bedsheets that up to that moment had kept her warm, destined to keep her cooled instead from now on.

Suddenly a loud bang resounded. It was the door being slammed, and a man dressed in luxurious clothes came in. That man looked like what happened inside this room didn’t hold any meaning to him. After whispering something to one of the three women, the man glanced for a few seconds at the baby, before starting to leave.

The baby who was looking around suddenly shot a curious glance towards the departing man. It was as if he was trying to completely grasp the man’s nature with one mere glance.

The man who was about to go out of the room shouted, “Vince”.

“His name will be Vince. I have other matters to attend to. Take care of the rest.”

“As you command, my lord.”

After giving out his commands, he shut the door, making the room return to its previous silence. But, unlike what one might expect, the child was already capable of thinking. He had already started making deductions, even though he had no clue about this language that was being spoken.

‘So that is my father in this life, huh. What a loving father, I must say.’

Even though the newborn couldn’t understand what the man had talked about, he understood one thing. His name was Vince, and the man who had just left the room was most likely his father.

‘He didn’t even glance at my dead mother. I must be an illegitimate son. Well, maybe it’s better this way as I won’t have many responsibilities on me. There’s a small chance I might not be, but I can’t tell for the time being.’

And then he started glancing around, trying to size up information about this world he came into being in.

‘This world sure is incredible; all the men around here have unfathomable strengths. And I also feel a strange energy everywhere around me.’

‘It looks like things are going to become exciting, pretty quickly. I must be prepared for when the time comes.’

He tried to listen to the subtle whispers being made by the people in the room, but he couldn’t understand anything.

‘Well, time to get to work. First thing’s first, I have to learn the language.’

And thus, the boy, who was still a toddler, made his first steps towards his goal, even though he couldn’t even walk.

‘I am finally free from that hell. It’s kind of boring to stay for nine months in a bubble of liquids.’

‘Anyways, the humans here are surely interesting. They can interact with the energy lingering around. That must also be why they feel this strong.’

‘This body sucks though; I’m already feeling sleepy. Well, time to take a nap, I guess.’

‘How am I supposed to conquer this world if I can’t even skip a few sleep hours thou…’

And before the boy could even finish his sentence in his mind, he fell asleep.

24