Letters
1.4k 4 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The ambassador told me Alexia was seeing someone after he finished laughing then showed me to a room off to the side. I started reading quickly, the first letter being from my mother.

"My little Wizard Chelsea,

If anyone else is reading this, then My little girl, you will be killed by the enchantments on this letter.

Now, my Little girl, you have grown so much, I heard from reports. I heard of your journey to the Dwarf Kingdom. I was scared when we received news of your previous wounds that no one quite understands how you lived. I will expect an explanation of how you did this. My interest has been piqued; you must quench it when you get back. I would like to let you know that the women and girls you impregnated have fostered many children. You now have sixty-one little cuties running around the tower. Great news too, Thirty of your children have been born as High Magical Silver Bunny-kin. It is exciting as all of them are going to be very magically adept. This makes you highly wanted back in our country, dear. I have been approached by many in high places looking to marry a Strong bunny-kin daughter to you. Many mages here generals almost anyone in an elevated position has wanted you to be tied to them. We have been literally kicking away some of the more desperate for you to knock up their daughters. I have told your father that I plan on letting you choose whether you want to or not. He hasn't met you before due to his duties but is very happy about the progress. He has sent a letter along with my own. Please be happy, dear, and Be Careful.

Sincerely,

Your Loving Mother"

I smile as I can tell in the letter she crafted to be short she wanted to rant. I knew I would have to answer questions. The fact that I had sixty-one kids was sobering, and I think I might have one more from that dog-kin back in the first town we left from. I remember the howling girl well. She was cute and sexy that howling was funny too. I comforted myself as I opened the letter from my father. I had never really met him before, but I was nervous.

"To Chelsea Loveknot My Heir,

If you are reading this and are not my Heir, you and your own will be cursed and Killed slowly.

Chelsea depending on if you read your mother's letter first or mine, I will repeat some things, or she will. The Silvermoon tower is in high regard over your meticulous recovery and is now hounding me that I have withheld power from them since there is no mention of whatever you did to recover. I will continue to protect you regardless, but please share how you did it; when you come back, many bunny-kin mages will be saved in combat with this ability to sustain themselves if they are injured. That is not the main point of this letter, though. I have been stuck in council sessions and war talks for many years and other responsibilities. I had named you my Heir since you had the most potential out of your numerous siblings. I heard that your new kids and my grandkids had received your better genes on an almost fifty percent basis. This alone will solidify you being my Heir in the future. When you come back, I will start to teach you the secrets of the Silvermoon tower. That being said, though, Your lack of the journey part of your journey is terrible for your future in society. Only the lowest of us stay in one place on our journey; please continue soon. Next, I must state my distaste for the dwarven kingdom. Right now, political tensions between the Dwarfs and us are reaching a new level. Over the last years, with the dwarfs attacking the Northern Beast mountains, they have been invading our territory. This has led to many conflicts with us. Our counties are on the brink of war, so you must leave soon or become a political prisoner. I am sure there will be some who will attempt to confine you soon. I have dispatched our ambassador to make sure you can navigate your way out. Listen to him; he is very knowledgeable and will guide you properly through the political landscape. If you can, please try not to make things worse as a war right now with the dwarfs is not in our best interest.

I look forward to meeting my cute daughter soon, so stay alive, and I will see you in a few years.

Your Respectable Father,

James Loveknot"

I reread the letter and sighed. I didn't think things were getting to be like this. I walked back to the ambassador with a wry smile.

"I take it you read the letters, and no, I haven't. By your smile, though, I can tell it wasn't fantastic news." He started, and I nodded. "Look, the Baron Beastal has sent a courier with a formal complaint this evening and requested that you do not leave the country till the matter has been investigated. We will have to bring these too old laws of the dwarfs if we want to leave sooner rather than later. These laws are a rule of might laws that protect the strong and whoever has the largest club. They can go with two: a group battle where you can pit two groups of an agreed size or an individual battle between the two parties. These are rare laws to be invoked. If you lose, you either die or remain imprisoned for maximum sentencing. The Laws here for the supposed crime you did is a maximum of fifteen years. That will not be too bad for you, and you will get out when your twenty-seven or so, but I think that will destroy your potential.

" There are upsides and downsides to this. The Upside shows that if you win, you prove your might over the Dwarfs and will help your father and me control our borders, putting us on the advantage. The downside is that the Baron will refuse to put you in a one-on-one against you and him. You are clearly more powerful. Hell, I can feel your magical properties now. It's factually intimidating to feel how much mana your body radiates now. Even though your rank is probably still C-rank many can feel your mana in proximity to you. So if we go this route, it will be a group versus group battle so you can show your strategic mind. You will have to negotiate with him who is working with the state your father and I believe.

"We are close to withdrawing our diplomats is how close to war we are with the dwarf kingdom, Chelsea. This means we need to move fast, meaning we have to take this, or even though we have diplomatic immunity, they can force you to stay. This means the matter needs to be solved one way or another before we can leave. This is snubbing our country, treating us as if we are nothing. So we must answer the question, though, is how do you wish to proceed, Chelsea?"

I listened to him talk, taking in the information into my head. A lot of things came to me, and I thought about the proposal. He was right; If things are going down the way, my father and he said, then we need to move fast. I sat down and tilted the chair back, thinking. If I played my cards right, I could do a lot of damage. A smile crept up on my face.

"I have an idea. It will touch upon a secret spell that I never wanted to use, but I care about my kids and don't want them to grow up without me in their lives." I stated to the Dragonic, and he nodded. I proceeded to tell him the details, and our smiles both turned vicious as we talked. We needed a Baron trying to trap me to continue to do his best for it to work. We both nodded as we discussed for hours on the plan.

I left his office exhausted but smiling. I saw Tina, Kate, Mally, and Emily waiting while chatting with Alexia. I sat down beside Alexia and whispered in her ear, "How about that dinner?" to my excitement, she nodded.

"Well, ladies, I found out I can't leave the embassy for now. This means that we need to bring dinner here. Kate, you go get it; I think a nice meal for all of us is good." I ordered her, and she had that excitement whenever I ordered her but disliked the order itself. The smiles on the ladies' faces when I ordered her stuck, though. Kate left in a hurry to order and get back.

Alexia took us to a spot for my privacy with each other. I asked Mally, Emily, and Tina, though, to pack up the house after a little bit. They questioned why and I told them that I couldn't tell them, but it was time to move on. Tina was the most reluctant but left with them, leaving Alexia and me. I smiled at her, and she blushed.

It was going to be a great night.

40