58. Megan (S)
511 4 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Content warning: death, this chapter is a little intense

I sat behind the wheel of the SUV, humming along to The Bangles' Walk Like an Egyptian on the sound system as I waited in front of the apartment building. It was nearly four o'clock Sunday morning, and I expected Meg to arrive home from the club any time now.

Neither me or Tara had been there at all this week. We were busy with Phoebe, but after bringing her home the other day both she and Tara seemed to be doing alright. Phoebe was in the 'very big adjustment' phase of getting used to her new body and her new unlife, while Tara still felt a little shaken and fragile after the whole experience.

She was nowhere near as bad as I was after turning her though, which was a relief. Anyways, they were both doing well enough that I felt it was safe to leave them alone for a few days.

About ten minutes later me and The Bangles were singing Manic Monday when I spotted Meg approaching. I killed the music and pulled the SUV up alongside her, then tapped the button to roll down the passenger window.

"Hi Meg, hop in."

She was surprised to see me but she climbed into the car as she asked, "Sam! Have you heard from Phoebe? I haven't been able to reach her all week, she isn't answering her messages or her email!"

I nodded, "I can explain on the way. Please turn your phone off and put it in the glove box."

My request obviously caught her off-guard, but she didn't question or protest.

I watched as she turned off her phone, then she tucked it into the glove box. With that done, I pulled away from her building and started heading north east, back towards our abandoned industrial squat near the floodway.

"Where are we going?" Meg asked warily. "Do you know where Phoebe is? Are you taking me to her?"

I replied, "Phoebe's ok, she's with Tara. I'm not taking you to her yet."

She asked, "Why can't I see her? Where are we going?"

I glanced at her, then stated "It's time, Meg. I'm going to give you what I offered you, unless you change your mind."

Her eyes widened and her heart rate jumped. She sat back in her seat and took a few deep breaths, then asked "You'll take me to see Phoebe afterwards?"

"Yes," I nodded. "I'm sure you've just figured this out, but the reason you haven't been able to get in touch with her is the Phoebe you're looking for is dead. She's one of us now."

Meg gulped again and whispered to herself, "Holy shit."

After that she was quiet for the rest of the drive. I parked next to the same abandoned building, and got the cooler box from the back of the SUV then led Meg inside.

In the reception area Meg and I sat on the same sofa that I shared with Tara and Phoebe six days ago. I opened the cooler wide enough to pull out a bottle of white wine, then offered it to Meg.

"Here. To settle your nerves."

She twisted off the top and took a few gulps from the bottle, then asked "So what happens next?"

I took a deep breath and explained. "When you're ready, you tell me in detail what sorts of things you'd like changed about your body. I can't promise that everything will work out exactly the way you wish, but I'll do my best. After that conversation, we'll do the thing. You'll feel a little sting of pain, then you'll feel good. And after that, it's like going to sleep."

Meg had another couple gulps of wine, then asked "And when I wake up, I'll be a vampire? I'll be one of you? Then I can see Phoebe?"

"Yes," I replied quietly.

She had one more swig of wine before asking, "Did things work out for her? Is she happy?"

I smiled, "She's very happy, and I'm sure she's eager to see you."

"Ok," Meg didn't ask any more details about her girlfriend. I figured she and Phoebe probably discussed it already. Or maybe she didn't want to spoil the surprise for when she got to see her.

She had another gulp of wine, then she told me what she wanted. It wasn't all that much in fact, certainly nowhere near as drastic and all-encompassing as what Tara did for Phoebe.

When she was finished talking she set the wine bottle aside and asked nervously, "What happens now?"

"Are you ready?" I asked in reply.

Meg took a couple deep breaths then nodded.

I moved closer as I pulled my folding knife from my pocket. I made a quick cut in my right wrist, then held it to her mouth and started forcing my blood out. I waited till she'd swallowed the first mouthful, then I leaned in to the side of her neck and bit into her jugular vein and started drinking.

The whole thing went like I remembered it from Tara, and like I observed last week with Tara and Phoebe. And even though I promised Tara I'd be fine and I was ok to do it alone, I really wasn't. It didn't hit me as hard as it did when I turned my girlfriend, but I still went through the same rollercoaster of emotions. Guilt and grief were the biggest.

I liked Meg. She was a friend, another trans girl like me and Tara, and just generally a good person. And I killed her. Knowing she'd be ok in the end didn't do much to lessen the emotions in the moment.

I carried Megan's lifeless body through the empty building into the cage, stripped off her clothes and put everything in a bag. I locked the cage, then I put the bag in the SUV. Finally I brought the cooler box into the back and set it next to the sofa. Then I collapsed, curled up, and sobbed for an hour or two.

I got all the non-existent tears out of my system at once, so I could watch and wait for the magic.

That was fascinating. When Tara did it with Phoebe I paid very close attention and followed along with what she was doing. I even felt a connection to Phoebe, which I assumed was because I was Tara's Dame. Tara's blood was my blood, and that blood was driving Phoebe's change.

Now that it was my turn, I had a much better understanding of the procedure and was a lot less anxious about it.

Which isn't to say it was easy, I still had to put effort into it and there was a little trial and error before I got the hang of it. After that it was just a matter of maintaining focus. Once I had everything as close to what she asked for as I could get it, I just had to hold it all there until the rest of the process was complete.

Then at last I could rest.

Meg rose after almost exactly twenty-four hours, and I was ready with more blood-filled ziplock bags. I hated that part. After nearly two weeks of it with Tara I absolutely dreaded it, but I knew it wouldn't take anywhere near that long now. I had a feeling Tara's turn went so slowly because of Isabelle's tampering. She messed with every step of the way with Tara, I was convinced Isabelle was trying to kill my girlfriend before she woke.

But Tara was stronger than Isabelle or anyone else expected, and in spite of everything she came through. And I'd never forget watching her bring our matriarch down with a handful of her own home-made silver-loaded bullets.

Two and a half days after she rose, Megan regained consciousness. I was sleeping on the sofa when she rattled the padlocked door and asked "Hey Sam? Why am I naked and locked in a cage?"

• • • • •

"I've never felt so undignified," Meg sighed. "I'm glad nobody else will see me like this."

Her voice was slightly different now. The pitch had gone up somewhat, but rather than becoming too high-pitched or girly it sounded more sultry now, more seductive.

I rolled my eyes, "We've all been there. Once you're settled in we can figure out your measurements and order you some clothes that fit. In a week or two we'll take you both out shopping."

"A week or two?" she turned and gave me a shocked look. "What am I supposed to do till then?"

I sighed, "You'll be slumming around the condo with the rest of us. Like I said Meg, you're a relative baby right now. And both Tara and me need time to recover."

Before she could protest any further the elevator came to a stop and the doors opened. I led her out and down the hall to our door, then fumbled around for the key.

Meg fretted, "I look like a mess, I don't want Phoebe to see me like this."

"You're fine," I stated as I unlocked the door. "She's not going to care what you're wearing."

It was Thursday morning, about an hour before sunrise. I was still in the same clothes I put on five days ago, and I desperately wanted a shower and some time in my own bed.

Meg was wearing a light grey track suit which was about two or three sizes too short for her, but also two or three sizes too big. As in, the pants were short enough to be capris on her, and the sleeves on the jacket didn't come near her wrists, but the waist and shoulders were loose and baggy. She had a pair of flip-flops on her feet, which weren't ideal for this time of year but she wasn't going outside in them. And even if she was, vamps didn't feel the cold like that.

I led her inside then closed and locked the door behind us. When I turned around I found Tara there. She was just wearing a nightshirt, but she looked very happy to see me. And seeing her lifted my spirits more than a pint of fresh blood and a full day's sleep.

Before I knew it we were in each others arms, kissing and hugging and cuddling.

Eventually I remembered Meg was standing there awkwardly waiting, and I reluctantly let go of my girlfriend as I asked "Where's Phoebe?"

Tara gestured, "Guest bedroom. She's nervous."

I smiled, "So's Meg."

Before anyone else could respond I called, "Phoebe! Don't keep us waiting, come on out and do the reunion thing!"

Meg turned to face the guest room door, while Tara and I stayed to the side and watched quietly.

After a half minute a small shy girl appeared at the doorway. She wasn't quite as tiny as Tara, but she was close. She was about five-foot-one, petite but curvy. Her skin was fair, without looking pale or sickly. She had a small round face, a cute pert little nose, and her eyes were pale blue. Her pink hair was wavy and hung down a little ways past her narrow shoulders.

She was wearing an oversized nightshirt which only made her look smaller than she was, and she was barefoot which didn't help. Her arms and legs were smooth and slim, her hands and feet were small and delicate. At first glance people would probably take her to be an older teen like me, but on closer inspection it was clear she was in her early twenties like Tara.

I knew she was destined to be carded forever like me and Tara, but I doubted she cared about that.

Phoebe looked up at her girlfriend as she slowly approached, and Meg stared down at the small girl in silent wonder.

Despite the unflattering outfit, Megan still looked pretty good. She was actually taller now than she was before. She went from around five-foot-seven to five-ten. Her waist was slimmer than before, and her behind and hips were more pronounced. So were her boobs, they'd gone up about two cup sizes. Her legs were longer and it wasn't obvious with the track-pants on but they were slimmer and more shapely than before. So were her arms. Her eyes were now a brilliant green colour, and her hair was an even brighter shade of red than it used to be.

Overall she was still recognizable as Meg, despite some changes to her face, shoulders, and hips that would be impossible to achieve without magic, or some extreme surgery. Four years of hormones had already done a lot for her, but the turning process did the rest.

Nonetheless, people who'd known her before would still know her now. Her family might have some difficult questions for her, but they'd recognize her.

Meg and Phoebe stared at each other in silence for several long moments, just taking each other in.

The tall redhead finally spoke up first. She had a wide smile on her face as she gasped "You're so tiny! Phoebe you're absolutely adorable!"

The small pink-haired girl blushed but smiled, "You look a whole lot taller now. And you're even more beautiful than I remember! And your voice..."

Meg blushed as well, "You too! You sound as cute as you look!"

They finally hugged, and I wound up pulling Tara into another embrace.

"Hon," Tara whispered to me as she held me. "I love you, but you really need a shower."

I kissed her and replied, "I know. Then I'm going to spend the day in bed."

She kissed me back, "Good. Me too."

I eventually peeled off my clothes and deposited them in the laundry hamper, then shuffled into the bathroom.

By the time I emerged twenty or thirty minutes later the sun was coming up outside and all the curtains were closed. Phoebe and Meg had already retired to the guest room and closed the door, and Tara was waiting for me in our big comfy bed.

I climbed in with her and soon I was back in her arms as we lay cuddling together. That was about it though, I was probably out cold in under two minutes flat.

If you're enjoying our work and you'd like to support us, please consider joining our patreon & get early access to bonus chapters, new chapters, and new stories!
https://www.patreon.com/purplecatgirl

45