Ch 4
50 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Volume 2. The Phoenix after school party.

Life 1. The human picked a fight.

Part 1.

3rd Pov

It was a sunny day in Kuoh, though still a little bit early, the light of the sun still hasn't gone up yet, after all, the roads are scarce with passerby, no vehicle or traffic could be heard in the quaint city.

One man though, cares none for that, he's standing still in the park where children play, his attention on the blank space before him, his eyes dilated, sweat-soaked his track-suit yet he cares not, his breathing is ragged and his lungs feel like it is on fire.

Hyoudou Issei is the man of that man, and currently, he focused all of his attention on the space before him, the thoughts that he's currently being watched by two people doesn't even cross his mind.

And suddenly, something peculiar happened in the space where Issei was staring. It was subtle at first, like the presence of another person just appeared, and then, something more could be detected, his sight, his scent, even finally, his aura.

A redhead and a blonde girl were agape, they couldn't even comprehend what just happened. One moment, the blank space where Issei was staring was empty, the moment they could see something in it.

Without them even realizing, their body began sweating, a shiver ran down their spine from the presence from the man in the blank space, the man is tall, likely reaching 2 meters, his body and muscle are massive, larger than any muscle they have ever seen.

And then, the man punched at Issei, their daze was suddenly broken from that moment, worried instantly filled their mind as that punch was heavy, precise and fast, and yet, Issei with ease diverted that punch with his left palm.

The fight began, the man and Issei began exchanging strikes at a rate two of them couldn't keep up, they both looked like they were in a stalemate, Issei strike couldn't do any noticeable damage to the man, while the man couldn't land a single hit on Issei.

The redhead, Rias, while the blonde, Asia, eyes filled with admiration at the exchange, they have never seen this level of exchange before, it was peculiar, to say the least, to see an exchange between two warriors of this calibre is not one you see every day.

And then, as abruptly as it started, it ended, Issei, with a swift motion, landed a somersault kick on the man chin, clean and precise, the man instantly fell down while looking up at the sky, and not soon after, disappeared.

"Ise-san!" Asia said with worry, she began to run to attend to Issei who kneeled, his breathing became even more ragged, and most peculiarly, his nose was bleeding.

"Fuhh...I'm alright Asia" Issei said as he patted at Asia who looked unconvinced at his words.

"Do-What was that Ise-san," She said as she placed two of her hands above Issei's nose and a warm green light appeared, the soothing light touched Issei's nose and the bleeding stopped.

"That...Was a training" Issei simply said as he looked at his right hand, luckily, ever since that one moment of weakness, Issei felt no more leak coming from his right-hand seal, which is something he's glad of.

"Th...How is that training Ise? Also, how did that guy just appear?" Rias said as she began walking and offered a sports drink to Issei who happily took the drink.

Issei opened and began gulping the drink with vigour, he could sense the refreshing taste flowing down his throat, "An application of shadow boxing...You know shadowboxing right Buchou?" He said before asking the question, after all, Buchou might not know of it.

"How rude Ise! I know what shadowboxing is" Buchou said while pouting, making Issei can't help but chuckle, he can't help but think how cute Buchou looked at the moment.

"Sorry Sorry...Basically, that was just imaginative sparring" Issei said as he stood up and offering Asia his hand who happily obliged.

Buchou on her parts, seemed to have deep in thought, looking at her, Issei tilted his head in confusion "What's wrong Buchou? You seemed deep in thoughts"

"Ah-It's nothing, it's good timing actually, the luggage should have arrived by now," Buchou said while nodding her head as she seemed to have decided what she should take "let's go to your house Issei, I have something to explain after all"

"Eh, My house? What do you mean by that?" Issei was now are in pure confusion, he didn't know what to take from Buchou words, he stared at her who began walking ahead "Wa-Wait for me Buchou!".

Part 2

Issei Pov

"…T-This is?"

My eyebrows are twitching after seeing the boxes that are placed in front of the entrance of my home.

What are these? These boxes don't even have the name of the sender. I have a mysterious feeling about this. There aren't any bombs inside them, right…?

"Now then, Ise. Carry these to the room." Buchou said this to me while I made a confused face.

"Huh? Carry? I have to carry these to… my house!?"

"Yes, these are Asia's belongings. Carrying them is what a gentleman would do, right?"

"These are Asia's belongings!?"

I'm in deep shock, but then Buchou says something even more shocking.

"Yes, starting today, Asia will be living in your house."

I was dumbfounded, my face is now frozen in shock, my brain stopped moving, "Let's go meet your parents Ise" Buchou said without care to my frozen face.

Family meeting—.

Among all the famous meetings, conferences, and assemblies of the world, it's considered among the top ranks for the place of negotiations.

The words of the parents, who hold the authority, are the biggest factor for deciding outcomes. The way we, the children, negotiate is the key to this.

Maybe Buchou's eyes, which have power that can't be seen with their eyes, are making them act that way.

"Okaa-sama, Otou-sama, because of this situation, will you allow Asia Argento to stay here?"

The two of them whisper in each other's ears while staring at Asia with suspicious eyes, their gaze also landed on me several times but like hell I would match theirs, I felt like melting into a puddle from the tension.

My dad coughs once then ask Asia a question.

"Asia…-san, was it?"

"Yes, Ise-san's Otou-sama."

Asia responded back with a nervous face, she's looking at the ground, her face red and blushing.

"O-Otou-sama… Ku… I don't know how to put it, but having beautiful foreign girls call me "Otou-sama" repeatedly sure does ring a bell in my heart… in a good way." My father said as he took a deep breath as if he's savouring the taste.

I understand father, I understand you fully, if two foreign beauty said those words towards me as well, I would happy as well.

Not long after though, I could sense my mother pinching my father side, breaking him from his daze, coughing once more, he took a glance at my mother glare and instantly shutting down.

"A-Ahem! Asia-san, may I enquire as to what reason you would like to live in this house? I'm ashamed to admit it, but in this house, there is a person who's the embodiment of a sexual desire you know" My mother throw a glance at me when she said the embodiment of sexual desire.

Wha-Am I that untrustworthy? I wanted to cry out but that glare from my mother effectively shut me up, I'm not idiotic enough to try and protest her.

"Not to mention, I don't feel safe letting a foreign, not to mention stranger person live in my house, it may be rude and I ask for forgiveness, but I don't know you two too well" My father continued my mother statement.

It was a logical as well as a good reason, after all, my mother and father aren't a part of the supernatural world, I made sure of that.

"Then what about if Asia becomes your daughter, then?"

Eh...What's up with that profound words buchou? That's bad for health you know? I looked at Buchou from the corner of my eyes, her smile is still unwavering

"Wh-What do you mean?" See? Even my father is confused, those words aren't to be used outside of marriage after all, so of course, my parents would be shocked

"Otou-sama, Asia believes in Ise very much. Very much. It's the same for me as well. While Issei has problems regarding his desire, he is not one that will force himself upon others, isn't that right Asia?" Buchou words made me want to tear up, how beautiful, to receive praise from a beauty like her.

[You know, you think someone who went through something like your life will be more accustomed to this kind of situation, she trained you in that aspect right?]

I ignored Ddraig words, after all, this situation is more pressing than whatever that lizard is talking about.

"Y-Yes! Ise-san saved me by risking his life. He is my life saviour. He also helps me a lot at school. Even in class, he…"

Then Asia starts happily explaining how I'm helping her out at school every day while putting on a big smile.

Ugh, my heart, It can't take this sweet little girl, what did I do to deserve this kind, sweet and caring person as my friend.

My parents are like, "Oh, our Ise did?" and "For him to be useful to others", and they seem like they aren't dissatisfied with what they are hearing. Well, any parent would be happy if their child was being praised.

"What if this home-stay is also bride training, then?"

[Bride!?]

What is that!? Dad, mum, and I shout out very loudly. Asia is like, "?", and is putting on a confused look.

B-b-b-Bride? What are you talking about Buchou, what kind of things are you saying to my parents, I looked at the floor, how beautiful those pattern on the floor is.

When I looked up, I saw my father shedding a tear, What the fuck? Father? You alright? On his side, Mother was covering her mouth in disbelief.

"to-To think my son would have such beautiful bride.." My father said as he wipes that tear, "Ye..yeah...To think this foolish son of mine wouldn't die alone" My mother also said as she fake a sob

OY! What kind of expectation did you have on me? I wanted to retort but the situation doesn't allow me so all I can do now is just bit the inside of my cheek while trying not to shed a tear.

My dad holds Asia's hand.

"Asia-san! He's a worthless son like this, but can I leave him to you?"

"You are wrong…, Ise-san isn't a worthless person. He's a very wonderful person."

Asia doesn't realise what my dad is getting at and smiles.

My mum, who saw that, broke down by crying out loud. What is this? What drama am I watching?

"Rias-san! We will look after Asia Argento-san in this house!"

Buchou smiles after hearing dad's approval.

"Thank you very much, Otou-sama. Ise. I will leave Asia's care to you from now on. Asia, you will be staying here with Ise. So make sure not to be impolite. Get along with Ise's parents."

"Is it really alright? Won't it… be a burden… if I stay…?"

"To get familiar with Japanese culture and lifestyle, it's best to stay with the people from that country. When I asked you who among our club members you wanted to live with the most, you did say Ise without a second thought, right?" Buchou replied to confused and shy Asia.

Oh, I see, so that's the reason. Asia is staying at Buchou's place. She's borrowing one of the rooms in the old school building that Buchou, Asia, and I go to.

"Y-Yes. I indeed said that, but…"

"It's fine, Asia-san! Get used to Japan at our house! You might stay here permanently after all!"

"See, even Otou-sama is saying this."

Though Asia was confused, she finally smiles when she sees Buchou smiling.

"I understand, Buchou-san. There were things I didn't quite understand, but I will be in your care, Ise-san, and Ise-san's Otou-sama and Okaa-sama."

… You've been perfectly deceived, Dad, Mum… Surely, the thing about my "bride" is a perfect blow to them…But...I can't help but be happy about this as well so I can't complain

Like this, it's been decided that Asia will be living with me.

"…Bride, huh."

To the side, I saw Buchou looking at the exchange between my parents and Asia with a complicated expression, in her eyes, I saw something similar to what I saw those days, sadness and frustration.

Part 3

A few days have passed since Asia started living in my house.

"The weather's nice today. Ise-san, we are playing softball for physical education today. It's my first time so I'm excited."

Asia is happily walking towards the school. I'm walking next to her.

I never thought that a day would come when I would be able to walk to school every day with beauty.

The students who go to the same school as us are looking at us with intense eyes.

"Why is Asia-san walking from the same direction as Hyoudou…"

"Impossible… what's going on…?"

"It must be some kind of mistake, not just Rias-oneesama, but even Asia-san…"

Just like that, I can hear the scream-like words from other students. Well, that's natural. This situation would seem impossible for anyone who knows me.

Fear me mortal, I am no longer a loser like you are, I, who was just an unpopular perverted student, am now suddenly getting along with the school's idols. I'm also walking to school every day with the new blonde student everyone has been talking about since arriving. From other people's view, this is an unbelievable situation.

There were some students who confessed to Asia because they were like "If Hyoudou can, so can I!", but they were rejected immediately.

Because of that, there are those who hold a grudge against me. Even now, there are people looking at me with eyes filled with hatred.

Other guys must think I'm playing around with the beauty's body. It's not as simple as they think, but that's okay.

"Was there something that looks funny?"

Oh. Asia looks at my face with a worried expression. When a beauty's face is right in front of me, it makes me blush from embarrassment but, well, this isn't too bad.

"N-No, it's nothing. By the way, Asia, are there any problems at school? Are you getting along with other girls?"

A former Sister has just transferred to our school. Since her lifestyle was far different from ours, she might feel lost in school life.

"Everyone is very kind towards me. They are teaching me a lot of things so I would get familiar with Japan. I also made lots of friends. I was also invited to go shopping with them."

That's good to hear. Looks like her relationship with the other classmates is going well. Now, one of my concerns is gone.

While talking about that, we arrive at school and then go towards the classroom.

Now with the problem of Asia's school life settled, the remaining problem is—

"Asia-chan! Good morning!"

"Good morning, Asia-san. Your blonde hair is shining today as well."

As soon as we arrive in the class, the bald-headed guy Matsuda, and the guy wearing glasses Motohama, approaches Asia. These two are my pals. They are famous for being perverted, along with me.

"Good morning Matsuda-san, Motohama-san."

The two of them get emotional after getting greeted by Asia.

"This is the thing, isn't it, Motohama-kun?"

"That's right, Matsuda-kun. Getting greeted by having a beauty say "good morning" gives life to us this morning."

Fufufu, having this much confidence sure does change people—.

"Gufu!"

When I was acting cool, a sudden pain appeared on my stomach, when I was distracted, this bastard actually punched me.

"W-What was that for, Baldy!?"

I argued against him but he continues to laugh and kicks my leg.

"Hahaha. Ise-kun. I heard about it."

"Heard what?"

"I hear that you walk to school with Asia-chan every day, right?"

"W-What about it?"

"That's weird. Why? Why do you two come to the school from the same direction? I wonder why?"

Hmm. I don't know where he heard it from, but it looks like he heard the rumours about me and Asia as well.

"Listen, Matsuda, Motohama. There is a wall between me and you two that you guys definitely can't overcome. This can't be helped. After all, I'm not a loser like you guys anymore."

I said as I put my hand over their shoulder while putting on a smirk that must have hurt them

"W-What are you getting all proud of!?"

"T-That's right, Ise. Just because you get along with Asia-chan—"

I then give a finishing blow. I also put on an expression of victory.

"I live with Asia. Under one roof. Right, Asia?"

"Yes. I am being taken care of at Ise-san's house."

Ah, those shocked expressions, this winning of victory, this sense of accomplishment is truly the best feeling.

Letting go of my hand and began walking to my seat with Asia in tow, I looked over my shoulder and grinned "Later loser" I emphasized the last part as they kneel, their soul leaving their body from their mouth.

"It's a lie!" Fuahahaha Matsuda, those are the words of a loser you know, it can't be helped, after all, we are a different person after all.

"I-Impossible… Ise living with a blonde beauty in the same house…? That can't be…the law of this world will collapse…"

Motohama fixes the position of his glasses with his shaking hand.

He's also trembling even though he's desperately trying to act calm.

"T-Then do you even get woken up by Asia-chan in the morning!?"

Matsuda's question. How miserable, though I will savour it.

"Asia, looks like I made you wake me up today as well."

"Because Ise-san is such a sleepy head. Ufufu."

"Does she even refill the plates for you…?"

"Mum also praised that you are a thoughtful girl, Asia."

"Oh my…you are making me blush."

Asia blushes while putting her hand on her cheek.

Ah, this feeling sure is enjoyable, looking at Asia with confidence and returning my gaze to the two of my pals with disbelief face, ah, those face sure suit them

"You! You actually know lots of cute girls, don't you!? Rias-senpai! Akeno-senpai! They are the "Two Great Onee-samas" of our academy, you know!? Then our school's small idol, Toujou Koneko-chan, and now the blonde beauty that just transferred, Asia-chan! This is wrong! It's so unfair that I'm about to break!"

"FUAHAHAHAHA, That's right, My popular phase is here Matsuda! Motohama! Fear me, I'm now at the peak of my youth" I laughed at their face as they looked about to cry in blood while kneeling as if they are worshipping me.

"Ise, I don't think introducing a single girl to us will be a bad thing. No, I mean, please introduce us to someone. I beg you. Please." Matsuda said in a low tone only I can hear.

Ah, this question huh, being honest, I don't know too much female there is someone I know from that time I was in a convention, but...wait, actually, this is the perfect moment.

"ah...Sure...I think I have her number" I said with a smile, trying to not let any f my devious thought leaked out, opening up my number, I searched for it and found it, the number is labelled "Do not Contact" fufufufu, truly, I am a genius

"Here Matsuda, Motohama, her name is Mil-tan, she's a good girl who likes to cosplay," I said as I send them the number.

"OWHH A cosplayer! Now, this is what I am talking about" Matsuda starred at the number with a grin, yeah she's a cosplayer alright.

"Thanks, Issei! You truly are our friend" Motohama hugged me before walking off with Matsuda following him,

Asia beside me meanwhile, was looking at us in silence and confusion "Ano….Why is she called Mil-tan Ise-san?" She asked with a tilted head.

"It's nothing Asia, Let's go, we don't wanna be late don't we?" I said smiling while resuming our walk to our class, I have to savour this taste to the maximum after all.

Part 4

'I..I'm back" Asia said as she entered the door, she's tired judging from her expression, I waved at her with a smile as she walked down to the couch

"Yo Asia! How is it" I said as I patted a spot beside me, giving her a sign to sit beside me, she blushed for a moment and made a cute expression but sat beside me nonetheless.

Guh...This behaviour, this is it, this is peak cuteness, I grinned to myself, "What's wrong Asia, is it hard to distribute the flier?" I continued, no, no, begone perverted though, Asia is too pure, I can't taint her with my thoughts and action.

"It..it's nothing like that Ise-san, everybody was kind to me, also, they looked happy and it doesn't take too for the flier to be distributed, it's just...Auhhh...It's the first time I ever talked to that many person" Asia stutteringly said as she covered her face that is blushing.

"Fufufu, is that so Asia-chan, don't worry, you don't have to worry about a thing," Akeno-san said so with a kind smile as she put a tea in front of Asia who said a small thank you.

"Is that so...So you're back Asia, Sorry for not noticing, I was in a daze for a bit" Buchou said so from her seat, her smile and eye still radiate kindness, yet there's another thing in it, like sadness.

It seems like Buchou is thinking about some things these past few days, she still continues operating the occult research club efficiently and as elegantly, but these past few days, her eyes have been getting tired, besides that, I also see that she put on a sad expression these days.

"Now then, I will have Asia make her début as a Devil starting tonight."

"Eh?" Ahhh, it seems Asia doesn't understand what is happening so she only looked at buchou with confusion and puzzlement

"Asia, you will be having your actual début as a Devil tonight! You are going to a contractor's place through the magic circle!" I explained to her while giving her a thumbs-up, yeah, Asia will do great, I just know it

"M-Me? Bu-But can I even do that? Wh-What if I can't teleport" Asia said stutteringly, nervousness clear on her body language, looking at her, the other members smiled at her.

"Don't worry about that...Akeno, check whether Asia have enough demonic power to activate the magical circle or not" "

Yes, Buchou."

Akeno-san put her hand on Asia's forehead after Buchou orders her. A faint light appears from her fingertips, and it seems like she is reading something.

For a few moments, nothing seems to be happening, but after thirty seconds has passed, Akeno released her finger and smiled at Buchou "There's no problem in here Buchou...in fact, her demonic power capacity is greater than Kiba-kun and Koneko-chan but less than me and Buchou.

"That's good news. This means her potential as [Bioshop] is just that great." Buchou said with a satisfied nod at the announcement. Yup, looks like Asia began from a good start. I'm also satisfied with that.

Then Asia will also get along with her client and—.

An uneasy feeling then washes over me, looking at Asia once more, I saw the innocence in her eyes and words.

…What will happen to Asia who is kind to anyone and who doesn't know how the world goes around when she gets summoned by someone with lots of greed…?

Case 1

"Oh, what a cute Devil-san! Oh yeah! Please show me your panties! Please also show me your breasts!"

…That's bad.

Case 2

"Beautiful Devil-chan! Let me grope your oppai as much as I want in exchange for my life!"

…Asia's?

Case 3

"I will give you my life, so let me have sex with you till the night ends!"

"Ise-san? What's wrong" Asia words took me out of my daze, I must have zoned out because of my imagination "Wh-Why are you trembling Ise-san?" Asia words are filled with worry.

"Buchou! I feel uneasy if Asia goes alone! If Asia! I can't stand it if some weirdo asks some sick wish to Asia! It's decided! I will go with Asia to her first contract" I plead towards Buchou who widened her eyes before shooting a worried smile.

"Ise, a request which is too lecherous for the Devils they summoned doesn't come to the servant Devils of the Gremory-clan. There are humans who request those kinds of wishes, so there are Devils who take those clients as their profession and requests like that go to them. The jobs we take are safe, you know? Even Devils have areas that they are professional at."

Buchou words gave me some easiness, but still, we don't know what kind of weirdo that might call Asia "Buchou! What you're telling me is the truth right? There's no lie in it right?"

Buchou sighed at my pleading once more, "Ise, I know you are worried for Asia, but please understand, How about this, I will go to Asia as a support for her first contract, does that sounds good?"

ugh...When Buchou said it like that, it sure does reassure me, bu-but...hahh, Sighing, I turned around and hold Asia shoulder "listen, Asia, this world is filled with a weirdo, if you meet someone that give you bad vibes, call me alright, just shout my name and I will come alright, don't hold it in alright!" I said as I shook her shoulder.

"ah...Ye-yes Ise-san! I will call you when I nee-need help" Asia nodded over and over again as she smiled at my words, such...with this, I can at least feel at ease.

"Ara ara~. How convenient, just as we talked about it, a request came in" Akeno said as the magic circle that is located in the corner of the room shined and another magic circle appeared on Akeno ears.

"What's more, the request is a simple one that even Asia-chan can do, well now Asia-Chan, will you take it"

"umu...Ye-Yes! I will take it" Asia said as she looks like thinking about it for a moment before steeling her resolve.

"Then I'll come with you Asia," Buchou said as she stood up from her seat and indicate Asia to follow her who nodded before waving at me

"I'll see you later Ise-san"

"Yeah, break a leg there Asia!"

Part 5

After Asia finished her first and only request of the night, me and her returned home together, it seemed the request that she took is to tell a story to a couple of children until they go to sleep, Asia looked happy as she began retelling to me about the two kids that she was telling a story to.

"I'm sorry, I will take the bath first then."

Saying that, Asia heads towards the bathroom. She can't stop smiling because she has accomplished her first job.

I also went to my room to rest. Ah, both my mind and body are worn out, just like every night. As I laid there on my bed, my heads inevitably returned to the worried look that flashes through buchou eyes.

Those eyes reminded me of a helpless person being honest, but that's ridiculous, Buchou is a high-class devil, she's a powerful person and not to mention an influential and beautiful person, for her to have something worried about is not my business, after all, I'm a human and she's a devil, and we aren't contracted nor has I been hired.

Hired huh…it gives me a warm feeling as I remembered the memory from that time, the time when I run around with my friends and team, travelling the world while accomplishing job and contract.

Team huh...I wonder...How is Captain doing, we haven't met since I decided to travel around the world with Vali, which brings me another question. Vali, how is he?. It's been a year and some since we split off, he decided to return to Grigori along with Tobio-san after all.

As those thoughts began to fill my mind and the nostalgia of those times began churning my heart, a magic circle that I'm familiar with surprised me.

—This is the mark of our group!

The Gremory group's magic circle. Who is it? I mean, why my room? Is someone trying to teleport to my room!?

The magic circle makes a big glow that lit up the whole room, and a person appears from it.

It's the silhouette of a girl. A girl with crimson hair—.

"Buchou…?"

I said at the silhouette unsurely, is this really happening, is the one that appears from the magic-circle is really Buchou. But why is she in my room?

She seems to have the face of those cornered and hopeless. Her expression is the same as the one she had back in the clubroom.

Buchou approaches me soon as she sees me. Then she says something shocking to me.

"Make love to me."

Excuse me? My mind went blank because of the sudden thing. What did she say just now? Did I go deaf?

Buchou says it again to make sure I heard it since I have a confused look.

"I want you to take my virginity. Immediately. Hurry, go to the bed. I will get ready for it now."

Buchou pushed me off so that I'm laying down on my bed, my face is hot. H-Hold on! What is this!? What's happening!? My mind can't catch up to Buchou's actions!

She takes her skirt off and her underwear becomes visible! Guha! Her pure white panties are so bright! Her beautiful long legs are excellent like always! She still has thighs that you want to touch a lot!

She then reaches for her bra! And then it was when I stopped feeling excitement, what I saw was no happiness, what I saw was sadness and frustration, of anger and hatred,

"Ise, am I not good enough?"

"N-No! Absolutely not!"

"I thought about all sorts of things, but this is the only method left."

Method for what!? I can't see where this is leading to!? Can someone explain what's going on?

Buchou started to walk towards me, the warmth that radiates from her feels familiar, yet it feels wrong, like it's not her, like she's forced to do this

"…Yuuto won't do. He is a pure knight. He would decline it for sure. That's why you were the only one possible, Ise."

"…There are things you still lack in, but you seem to have the potential."

Buchou's fingertip touches my cheek. My heart is beating. I feel something mysterious running through my body!

"You are the only one who would do it as soon as I ask and will go till the end."

And then, I felt it, her body is trembling, I could see it, she's on the verge of breaking, without any thoughts to it, I pulled her into my embrace.

"Do-Don't say that Buchou! Please don't say those words" I don't know what I was talking about, but her situation now, it reminded me of her, while being the strongest, she is nothing more than a slave, a tool to be used and to be exploited.

Without realizing it, My body was trembling, a tear was threatening to leak out from my eyes, yet I managed to hold it, My arms instinctually tightened my embrace when I felt Buchou recuperate my hug and a sob reach my ears.

"Don't be rash Buchou...this is not you...You're not in a good condition right" I whispering to her ears, I could feel the trembling of her body and a warm sensation appeared on my chest.

For a moment, none of us moved, Buchou still quietly sob in my chest while I pat her back, this position sure is nice, not to mention, Buchou is wearing nothing more than her underwear, but strangely, I feel none of the sexual desire I will usually feel.

It was then another magic circle appeared, this time bearing a circle I'm not familiar with it thought the bearing is also Gremory, the aura it gave off is different., though Buchou looked like she knows who is it as she visibly flinched at it and parted aways from our embrace.

I felt my face heats up once more and my heart beating as I looked at Buchou who smiled kindly at me "Thank you Ise" she whispers before standing up towards the magic circle

The person who appears from the magic circle is a silver-haired woman. Her clothes look like that of a maid. Is she a maid? Then what's up with this cold aura that she have, oi, ain't she's crazy strong?

The beautiful silver-haired maid speaks silently after seeing me and Buchou.

"Are you trying to break the agreement by doing something like this?"

The maid says it plainly as if she is astonished. Buchou twitches her eyebrows hearing that.

"If I don't go this far, both Otou-sama and Onii-sama won't listen to me right?.. Also...Nothing happened" Buchou said the last part while playing with the end of her hair and looked away with a blush on her face

"Both Sirzechs-sama and the master will become sad after they find out that you tried to give your purity to some lowly person like this." The maid sighed as she looked at me from the corner of her eyes, I narrowed my eyes and matched her gaze.

"My purity is mine only. What's wrong with giving it to someone whom I acknowledge? Also, don't insult Ise Grayfia, even if it's you, I won't forgive you!" Buchou said as she throws a glare at the maid named Grayfia who just sighed.

Grayfia-san then began walking towards the clothes that Buchou has taken off and lifted towards Buchou "Anyway, you are the next heiress of the House of Gremory, so please don't show your skin to a man recklessly. Even more so if you are in the middle of this situation."

"How do you do. I'm a maid that serves the House of Gremory. My name is Grayfia. Pleased to make your acquaintance." Grayfia-san then turned her attention towards me after giving the clothes to Buchou who began putting them on.

I smiled towards Grayfia while bowing my head "Nice to meet you two Grayfia-san….My name is Hyoudou Issei, pleased to make your acquaintance"

Buchou looked like she hasn't noticed, but this Grayfia-san has been monitoring me with something, I don't know what it is, but it seemed to be measuring my capability, well now, it's been a while since I was the situation of being judged.

"Grayfia, did you come here of your own accord? Or because the household sent you? …Or is it Onii-sama?"

Buchou makes an unpleasant face as she finished putting on her clothes. Somehow she's acting like girls her age. This is a new side of her I haven't seen, it sure is refreshing.

"All of them."

Grayfia-san answers like that. Hearing that, Buchou sighs as if she is giving up.

"Is that so? You, who is brother's [Queen], came to the human world personally. So it can only be one thing. I understand. I will meet with them immediately."

"I'm sorry, Ise. Let's make it so that the thing from earlier never happened. I wasn't thinking straight either. Let's forget about today's incident."

Buchou said the last part with a blush on her face, looking at her, I avoided my eyes to the side as a blush threatened to creep up to my face, a small nod is the only thing I can muster in response.

"I...see..." Grayfia said in a low voice only I can hear, her cold calculating gaze looked at me for a moment before averted it once more, what's that, it seems she said something important but I didn't manage to catch all of it.

"Grayfia, let's go back to my room. I will listen to what you have to say over there. Akeno can also attend, right?"

"The "Priestess of Thunder"? I don't mind. It's a must for High-class Devils to have their [Queen] by their side all the time."

"Very well. Ise." Buchou nodded and began walking towards me once more, I was fidgeting on my seat, a full-on blush on both of our face and then.

CHU-

A..A warm sensation on my cheek woke me up, looking at Buchou again, she was covering her mouth with an embarrassed look "Do-Don't look at me like that alright" she said before turning around and began disappearing with the magic circle.

I'm the only one left in the room now. I'm standing there dazzled while touching the cheek where I was kissed.

"Ise-san! I finished using the shower! Please come down and have a try at my cooking"

I heard Asia's voice soon after that, but I remained silent, my thoughts plagued by what just happened.

Part 6

"Buchou's problem? Maybe it has something to do with the House of Gremory."

Kiba says that to me while we are walking towards the clubroom located in the old school building.

I met with Kiba while I was on my way to the clubroom along with Asia. So I asked Kiba about how Buchou is acting strange lately, but it seems like Kiba also doesn't know the reason why.

Of course, I won't mention what happened last night, those are something that I would treasure for the rest of my life, like hell I will let it be exposed.

"Akeno-san would know, right?"

Kiba nods at my question.

"Akeno-san is Buchou's most trusted servant, so she obviously would know."

I know that asking Buchou about her problem is rude, but I became concerned about her since I was involved in it last night.

But I don't feel like talking about last night with anyone. I mean, it will cause an uproar if I do.

Well, never mind. Anyway, if there is a thing I can help her with then I will.

When we arrived in front of the door, Kiba notice something and gritted his teeth "…For me to finally realise the presence here…"

Looking at him, I narrowed my eyes, for something to irritate the ever calm Kiba is unusual, I opened the door myself as Kiba was still standing there

Inside the room are Buchou, Akeno-san, Koneko-chan, and—. The silver-haired maid from last night, has a very unpleasant face. Akeno-san is smiling like usual, but she has a cold vibe surrounding her. Koneko-chan is sitting on a chair at the corner quietly. It seems like she doesn't want to get involved with others much as possible.

The room has an atmosphere where no one is talking. Behind me, Kiba put on his usual smile though it was colder than usual, besides that, Asia was nervous as she was grasping my sleeves.

Buchou speaks after looking at each of us.

"Looks like everyone is here. Before we start the club, there's something I need to tell all of you."

"Ojou-sama, do you want me to explain the situation?"

Buchou rejects Grayfia-san's offer by waving her hand.

"The truth is—" Buchou was about to open her mouth when an orange magical circle lit up in the centre of the room, the crest that it holds was not one that I was familiar with, I turned around towards Kiba who was glaring at it.

"Phenex" Kiba simply said as he noticed my starring, Phenex, one of the 72 pillars of the demon world, one that is said to have the power similar to the mythical beast Phoenix, the bird who govern life

The light shines through the room for a moment and the next moment, a person walked out from the magical circle.

The person with a manly silhouette waved his arms away and brushed off the flame away "Fuu, it's been a while since I came to the human's world." The one standing there is a man wearing a red suit. Since he's wearing his suit casually, he didn't have a tie and his shirt is opened to his chest. He looks like he's in his early 20's.

The man scanned across the room, he looked at each of us with a bored look, only stopping when he notices Rias and instantly, a lecherous look appeared in his eyes.

"My lovely Rias. I came to see you."

Buchou is looking at him with her eyes half-closed. It doesn't seem like she is welcoming this guy. But the guy doesn't seem to care and approaches Buchou.

"Now then, Rias. Let's go and take a look at the ceremony hall. The date of the ceremony is decided so we need to check it before then." The man confidently walked towards Buchou while saying those words with sweet intonation and grabbed her arms.

"…Let go of me, Riser."

Buchou says that with a deep and serious voice while shaking the guys hand-off. The man though seemed to not care about it and simply smirked at her words

Looking at him somehow ticks me off, Sure, being honest, I don't have anything to do with this, but his demeanour somehow reminded me of those arrogant pieces of shit that I used to encounter a lot.

"Hey...Aren't you being a bit too rude" I lowly said towards the man who suddenly turned his attention towards me, his mouth formed into a sneer at me.

"Ah? Who are you?"

He said it with a displeased voice. It's totally different from the sweet voice he has towards Buchou. Nggh, he's clearly looking down on me. I can feel his hatred towards me. But I will say what I have to!

"Just a club member" I shrugged off his question "and you haven't answered my question..who're you"

"Oh? Rias, you haven't mentioned me to your servants? I mean, are there guys who don't know me?" Riser said towards buchou with a fake hurtful expression, somehow, this guy really pisses me off.

Then Grayfia-san comes into the discussion.

"Hyoudou person is Riser Phoenix-sama. He's a pure-blood High-class Devil and the third son of the House of Phoenix." Yeah, somehow, I can guess that from how his demeanour.

"And this person is the husband of the next heiress of the House of Gremory," Grayfia-san said with a flat tone while I widened my eyes in shock.

"To put it simply, he is engaged to Rias-ojousama." that simple statement surprised me and Asia while the other looked grim, while this is happening, Riser put on a smirk and looked at me with a sneer.


"The tea made by Rias's [Queen] is superb, as expected of a [Priestess of Thunder]."

"Thank you very much."

Riser said those words as he sips on the tea that Akeno-san pours for him, Akeno-san took the praise with a polite smile but behind those, I can feel the hatred she had for him.

Buchouis sitting on the sofa. Riser who carelessly sat next to her and is holding her shoulder. Buchou keeps on shaking his hands off, but the bastard keeps on touching her hair, hands and shoulders. That guy is way too close to her!

Buchou and her peerages, including me can only sit in silence and are sitting away, only able to observe the two of them in silence.

"U-Umm, Ise-san. Did something good happen?"

Asia who is next to me, asks with a worried face. Ahh, I must have unintentionally put up an unpleasant face, forcing myself to smile, I pat Asia head

"Nothing Asia, thank you for worrying though," I said with an even tone, trying to not let any of my anger sip through.

"Stop it already!"

Buchou's angry voice echoes through the room.

When I look, Buchou got up from the sofa and is glaring sharply at Riser. Riser on the other hand is smirking like usual.

"Riser! I told you before! I will not marry you!"

"Yeah, I heard that before. But Rias, that won't do, you know? I think the situation of your household is quite serious."

"That's none of your concern! If I'm the next heiress for the House of Gremory, then I will choose who will become my husband! My father, brother, and everyone in the clan is rushing it! Also, it was a promise that I will be free until I graduate from university of the human world!"

"That's right. You will basically be free. You can go to college and you can do whatever you like with your servants. But your Otou-sama and Sirzechs-sama are worried. They are afraid that your household will become extinct. We lost a great number of pure-blood Devils in the last war.

Even if the war has ended, our rivalry with the Fallen Angels and God hasn't ended yet. It's not rare for the successors of pure-blood Devil to get killed in the worthless battle against them, which leads to the household becoming extinct. So for a pure-blood Devil that is also happening to be a High-class Devil, getting together would be the obvious solution for the forces of Devils. A pure-blood High-class Devil. Even you know that these children will be important from now on, right?"

Riser and Buchou started arguing about succession and marriage, ugh, just hearing about it makes my blood boil, I have seen this scenario way too many times in the past after all.

"The newly produced Devils—. The ones like your servants, the reincarnated Devils, are expanding in terms of strength but that would make us, the High-class Devils with an old history background, lose our place. There are old nobles who gets close to the reincarnated Devils because they are very powerful. Well, that might be alright. The newly produced Devils are also important for our future. But we can't allow the pure-blood Devils to go extinct right?

You and I were chosen in order to prevent the pure-bloods from going extinct. My house is safe because I have my older brothers. But there are only two siblings in your house. And your brother is someone who left the house. Then there would only be you, Rias, who can inherit the House of Gremory. If you don't take a husband, the House of Gremory will go extinct in your generation. Are you trying to crush the household that has been continuing for a very long time? Because of the past war, there is not even half the number of Devils who were referred to as "72 pillars". This marriage has the future of the Devils on the line."

Again with those words, 72 pillars, purity, high-class. Really, It should have been obvious to me that because devils are a being that lives long, sometimes even for millennial, it is obvious that they will hold on to their old tradition and belief much more than that of humanity.

Truthfully speaking, I was seething and judging from the others from this room, it seems like the others were also just about ready to explode on this guy, But still, while internally I was angry, I managed to hold it from showing in my face though.

"I'm not going to crush my house. And I am willing to take a husband."

Hearing Buchou, Riser makes a big smile.

"Oh, to be expected from Rias! Then let's—"

"But I won't marry you, Riser. I will marry the one I acknowledge. Even the Devils from the old noble house have the right to choose."

Buchou talks over Riser and says it clearly.

Hearing that, Riser suddenly becomes unpleasant. His eyes become sharper and he even clicks his tongue in annoyances.

"You know, Rias. I'm also a Devil who carries the name of House of Phoenix behind me. I can't let that name get tarnished. I didn't even want to come to a small old building like this in the human world. Rather, I don't like the human world that much. The fire and wind of this world are filthy. For a Devil like me who rules fire and wind, I can't stand it!"

And with a click of his finger, flames appear around Riser, the heat of it licks the others who must have surprised at the flame, me though, I could barely felt it, a byproduct of my training.

"I will take you back to the underworld, even if I have to burn all of your servants." As Riser said those words, the intensity and the heat of the flame grew even further, the edge of the flame threatening to reach into all of us. His hostility and killing intent fills the room. The pressure from Riser's body come right at me, no, at us.

Asia hugs my arm because she got scared. Yeah, Asia won't be able to withstand this atmosphere, Kiba and Koneko-chan aren't trembling but they are getting ready to fight any time, even Buchou makes a stance against Riser, and there is a red aura coming out of her body.

.The atmosphere is intense. But there is one person who interfered calmly. –It's Grayfia-san.

"Ojou-sama, Riser-sama, please calm down. If both of you were to continue, then I won't be quiet about it. For Sirzechs-sama's honour, I won't hold back."

Buchou and Riser both make a serious face after hearing Grayfia-san's quiet and intense voice. It seems like they are scared of her.

Riser calms the flames around his body and sighs while shaking his head.

"...To be told that by the "Strongest Queen", even I would be scared… I definitely wouldn't want to fight the people from Sirzech-sama's group, which is known to be made up of monsters."

Buchou also stops her red demonic power and disbands her battle position. Looks like we avoided the worst-case scenario.

Seeing that both Buchou and Riser have no intention to fight, Grayfia-san speaks.

"Master, Sirzechs-sama, and those from the House of Phoenix knew it would turn out like this. To tell you the truth this was to be the last discussion meeting. Everyone knew that it wouldn't be solved, so they decided to make a last resort."

"Last resort? What do you mean, Grayfia?"

"Ojou-sama, if you wish to push your opinion forward, then how about you settle it by having a [Rating Game] against Riser-sama?

"…!?"

Buchou becomes speechless hearing Grayfia-san. She seems to be very shocked. I see… a rating game huh, so that is their plan, definitely one that fits their nature of a devil.

"Just as you know, Ojou-sama, only mature aged Devils can participate in an official [Rating Game]. But if it's an unofficial match between pure-blood Devils, even immature Devils can participate. However, in this case—"

"When it involves the family and household problems."

Buchou continues to talk while making a sigh.

"In other words, Otou-sama and the others decided to have a game as a last resort if I was to decline, right? …Just how far are they intending to interfere with my life to feel satisfied...!"

Buchou is really ticked off. Uwah…I can feel her urge to kill! Scary…

"Then Ojou-sama, you are saying you would also decline to participate in the game?"

"No, I won't, since this is a chance. Alright then. Let's settle this with a game, Riser."

"Hee, so you're accepting it. I don't mind. But I'm already a mature Devil and I have already participated in the official game. Right now I have won most of the games that I participate in. Even so, you still want to play, Rias?" Riser replied back with a provocative of his own and a smirk on his face.

Buchou sends back a fearless smile."I will. I will blow you away, Riser! And when I defeat you, Even Otou-sama and brother will acknowledge my ability"

"Fine. If you win, do whatever you like. But if I win, you will marry me immediately." those words must have ticked off Riser as his expression hardened and they both began to glare at each other.

"Understood. I, Grayfia, have confirmed both sides opinion. I will be in charge of the game between the two households. Is that okay?"

Both Riser and Buchou nodded at Grayfia-san words, seeing their resolution, Grayfia san bowed her head "Understood. I will inform the two households then.".

"Hey, Rias. Would the ones here be your servants?"

Buchou twitches her eyes at his words.

"So what?"

Riser starts laughing after Buchou answers him as if he finds it amusing.

"Then this match will be a laugh. Only your [Queen], the "Priestess of Thunder" can fight on par with my adorable servants." Riser sneer as he clicked his hand a magic circle bearing the same sign of phoenix appeared.

Instantly, fifteen presences appeared on top of the magic circle amidst the flame, I glanced at them and instantly felt a twitch on my eyebrows. Oy, is this guy serious? All fifteen of his peerage members are female! Is this guy actually trying to be a harem protagonist or what?

"Rias, how about we have a match in 10 days? We could do it now, but that wouldn't be interesting."

"…Are you giving me a handicap."

"Are you against it? Is it humiliating? [Rating Game] isn't something simple that you can win with only your feelings. If you can't use your servant's power to the fullest, then you will lose immediately. So it's not weird for you to train with your servants for your first [Rating Game]. I have seen Devils who lost without using their power to the fullest countless of times, no matter how great their potential and power was."

Buchou doesn't complain and listened quietly to what Riser's said.

When Riser directs his palm towards the ground, the magic-circle starts to glow.

"—10 days. If it's you, then you should be able to improve your servants." And with that, Riser was about to walk inside the magic circle but was stopped by my voice

"Umm Excuse me, Grayfia-san, Buchou, Riser" My words shocked the entire occult research member, Riser only glanced at me from the corner of his eyes as he turned his head around

"What? You want to say something?" His words are filled with contempt, good, this way, it should be able to bait him into agreeing.

"Me and Buchou are currently in a contract, while I'm not a member of her peerage, I have the impression that I will be joining on Buchou side, is that correct?" I said with a polite smile, not letting any of my personal feeling leaking, I can see Buchou widened her eyes while Grayfia-san just narrowed her eyes.

"Houuhh, Do whatever you want, it's not like you can do anything to me anyway" Riser waved us off as he resumed walking and soon after disappear, good, this way, there can be no complaints if I joined it

For a moment, everybody stood still, their expression is one of shock, I breathed a sigh of relief before wincing at Buchou who grabbed my collars.

"What the hell are you thinking you, idiot! It is not your job to do that!" She was mad, scratch that, she's furious, her words though, aren't filled with anger, rather, it was the voice filled with worry.

Looking at her, I felt a smile creeping up to my face, yeah, Buchou is truly a good girl 'Don't worry Buchou, I know a thing or two" my words aren't enough to make her feel at ease, she was about to protest but was stopped by Grayfia-san.

"May I take it that this is not a written agreement and are just a verbal contract?" her words made me winced, it's not even a verbal contract, we never done any type of contract after all.

"That's right, but Grayfia-san, will you be so kind as to be a witness to this contract" I confirmed Grayfia-san words, after seeing her nod, I made a magic circle, a small one and from it, a piece of paper appeared.

After confirming I get the right paper, I handed it to Grayfia who read it at record speed before passing it to Buchou who looked still unsure "Rias Gremory-sama, will you please sign the paper as a confirmation of this contract "

Buchou took the paper and sighed in exasperation, she seemed to have resigned and was given a pen by Grayfia-san, she looked long and hard at Grayfia-san, as if confirming if it's safe or notes, noticing a small nod, she took the pen and signed it and returned it to Grayfia-san.

"With this, the contract between Rias Gremory-sama and Hyoudou Issei-sama has been confirmed, the length of the contract is fourteen days, the details of the contract will be given tomorrow, the name of this contract is [Duae Pares][1] Thank you for the confirmation," Grayfia-san said those words before disappearing with a magic circle.

"Well then, Buchou, nice working with you" I offered Buchou a handshake which made her smile as she took my hands firmly

"Nice working with you too, Ise" the smile of hers are enough to rival the dazzling of the sun.


[Duae Pares] is Latin for [Two Equal]

And that's the first chapter of this volume

Anyway, sorry for any grammatical error that I will inevitably overlook, and I see you on the next chapter

2