Ch 7
29 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Volume 3. Crusader of the ball festival

 

Life 1. A certain [knight] past and the present.

Part 1

I want to live.

My life is about to end quietly inside the snowy forest.

As a test subject, and as one of the children gathered for the project of the Church. They gathered children like me with no family and but had a special ability for their project in order to make us capable of wielding the holy-sword Excalibur artificially.

Every day, day after day, it was filled with experiments. It was full with harsh experiences, but since we were told that we would become a special being that would one day be chosen by God, my comrades and I didn’t even have the slightest fear.

One day, all that changed suddenly when they suddenly came to dispose of us.

We were gathered at a location and they started gassing us—. My hands became paralysed, my legs stopped moving, and my body went through intense pain as if I had my nervous system slashed.

There were many liquids including my tears and blood coming out from my body, and only pain conquered my body.

Then my consciousness weakened—and I was about to die.

Many of my comrades died while suffering in front of me.

I didn’t know what was going on at first. I even thought it was an experiment.

I didn’t even imagine that the researchers who were trying to do something special to us and also believed in the same God as us would turn their fangs at us—.

One of us died, then the second one died. My comrades died one after another. I finally came to understand the situation I am in while my turn to die was approaching.

-Ah, I’m going to get killed-

It became my turn and I was gathered to the centre of the room. The researchers who wore protective clothing gassed us that had their body tremble.

Even if I were to stop breathing, there’s a limit to it. I started to inhale the gas gradually and take in the gas into my body as I breathe in. My body was hit with pain and cramps, and my eyes started to get blurry.

I dropped on my knees and tried to soften the pain running through my body by stroking my body parts, but one of my comrades pushed away one of the researchers.

“Go! At least you survive!”

I—. Hearing that, I escaped from the room after standing up right away.

I don’t want to die—.

With only that in my mind, I succeeded in escaping from the researchers after I found my chance to escape.

“Stop!”

“Don’t let him escape!”

However, the pursuers persistently chased after me. Within the forest of the mountains while the snow fell, I simply continued to run—. I started to remember the days I spent at the laboratory while escaping—.

My comrades who made a promise with me to become a special being. We ate together, we sang together, and we laughed together.

However—they died. Only I was able to escape.

My consciousness started to fade away along with the pain running through my body—. I started to hold strong vengeance within me.

Against those—.

Those who thought up that project--The excalibur….There’s no way I can forgive them!!

However, my stamina and consciousness reached its end……and I fell down quietly within the forest.

I couldn’t even move my fingers now. It’s obvious that I’m going to die. Am I able to move ahead even a bit? Even a single step forward—.

While my consciousness was fading away, a crimson colour appeared on my eyes—.

When I lifted my head up, a crimson haired girl was standing in front of me. I could see her smiling even though my eyes were blurry.

“What do you seek for?”

She asked me that while she held me who was about to die—.

-I….I wanted to live….I just want to live…

I tried to say that yet no voice came out, I don’t even have any stamina left to lift my fingers, yet through the corner of my eyes, I could see a faint sympathetic smile and the moving of the mouth.


I felt my eyes opening bit by bit, blinded by the sunshine that pierces through the window and landed on my eyes, beside me, the alarm bell ringing “Well that wasn’t ominous at all” I chuckled before refocusing my attention to the pressing matters

“Unnn……”

I can hear a seductive voice. Yeah, it's coming from very close to me.

When I look next to me, the one who is sleeping there is the crimson-haired Onee-sama, buchou. My club president, as well as a High-class Devil.

She basically forced herself into my home several days ago and has started living with me. She seems to have come into my bed before I noticed…… And she happens to be naked......

No, I knew about it. Buchou told me herself that she sleeps naked, something that I learnt through the hard way when I called it out and was woken up with a naked Buchou on a bed with me the next day, eliciting a cute pout and jealous stare from Asia.

Buchou’s smell is stimulating my nose! Why does Buchou smell this good?

I mean, her breast is completely touching my left arm! And my left hand is completely covered by something that is extremely soft! It must be her thigh. My left hand is between her two thighs like a sandwich! A “thigh sandwich”! This is such a wonderful thing!

“......Oh, you're awake?”

So Buchou is also awake!

“Y-Yes, I am. When I woke up, it was like this so I didn’t know what to do......” Well, that’s how I actually feel. I have no idea what I should do. And since Buchou has woken up, I'm even less sure of what I'm supposed to do.

“I’m sorry. I felt like sleeping while using you as my hugging pillow. I came in after you went to sleep.” She said with an embarrassment before hugging my left side even tighter “What should we do? It might be wonderful to stay like this until it’s time to wake up...... Maybe doing something a little bit naughty would be a good way to communicate with my adorable servant.”

“Umm, Buchou......I’m also a guy......s-so if you say things like that......” I said as I diverted my eyes from her body, which is quite impossible to do, but I feel like I’m doing something that is unbecoming of a gentleman, even if I wanted it.

“Do you feel like attacking me?” She said with a naughty smile before stroke my head “if it’s Ise then..” She said as she presses her body, even more, our face now are mere inches away, with one move, our lips will touch.

KNOCK KNOCK. Someone is knocking at my door, I instantly, leapt away, standing from my bed before holding the door so that it can’t be opened.

“Ise-san. It’s almost time for morning training.” The voice I hear from the other side is Asia’s. I felt sweat run down my back, if Asia comes in, then this will turn into something horrible, and Asia are simply too pure for these type of things damnit.

“Ise-san? Are you still sleeping?” 

“No, I’m awake. W-Wait a bit! I mean, wait for me downstairs!” I frantically said as I looked at Buchou once more, her eyes seemed amused by this interaction, I knew she was enjoying this.

“Asia, wait for us a bit longer. Both Ise and I need to get ready.” She smile devilishly as she announced it, I felt my stomach drop as I jumped to shut buchou up, but it was too late.

-SLAM! The door was opened violently, Asia is standing there with a teary eye and is putting up a displeased and unpleasant face. Looking back to my position and Buchou once more, I noticed how wrong this is.

I’m above a naked Buchou, oi, ain’t this a Kabedon on the bed? How did this happen? I was just trying to shut her up “Good morning Asia.” Buchou said with the same devilish smile as she waved at Asia.

Then she puts her hand on her clothes. U-Umm, Asia-san?

“I will also get naked! I don’t want to be left out!”

“Asia!?”

Part 2

“Itadakimasu.”

Breakfast time. Buchou and Asia are sitting beside me. I’m so blessed to be sitting between two beautiful girls! Well, that’s what I would like to say, but it’s not that I think like that every day. Asia is in a bad mood from the morning even today.

Well, if Asia, who was a former sister, saw that situation then she would think it’s “impure!”. Wait, then that “I will also get naked!” sounds weird. Then why is she angry? Hmm, for a guy like me, a maiden’s feelings are hard to understand.

Buchou, on the other hand, doesn't seem bothered and is eating while having a lively talk with my parents.

“Oh my, so Rias-san can make delicious Japanese food as well.”

“Thank you, Otou-sama. I have already been living in Japan for a while, so I learned quite a bit of cooking.”

Yes, as for this breakfast we are eating now, Buchou made some of it. Like this fried egg which is very delicious that I have been eating a lot of them since earlier. It's seriously good!

“Ise, there’s more, so eat in a dignified manner.”

“Y-Yes, Buchou......” I said sheepishly before resuming my breakfast.

I didn't find out until Buchou started living with me, but Buchou is good at cooking Japanese food, western food, and Chinese food. She has a wide range of cooking skills and can cook food of the finest quality. I thought she would be bad at these kinds of things because she is a princess, but it's the opposite. She doesn't just live in Japan by herself for nothing, so she can do all sorts of things like cooking, washing and cleaning, even when I asked her why is she good at this type of stuff, she simply replied with

“I don't like it if a person says that I can’t do these things because I am a princess. I want to do what I am capable of doing.” 

And Asia who looks at Buchou as her rival started concentrating on learning Japanese culture after she saw the gap between her and Buchou.

But Asia is also amazing. She started to learn Japanese letters in a short time. She already mastered hiragana and katakana and was moving to learn how to read and write kanji now. She probably knows how to read the kanji of grade school level now. It’s mostly because she worked hard but also because she seems to have a talent for studying. She just started school but she has no trouble with mathematics, science or languages. Plus, she said she enjoys studying which may also be the reason why she is a fast learner. There are some subjects where she teaches me instead. I’m supposed to be her guide but instead, I’m the one being guided, how sad is that?.

“Oh, I forgot to mention this to you Ise. Today the club members are coming here.”

Buchou tells me.

“Huh? Koneko-chan and the others? Are we doing something in my house?”

“Yes, I’m thinking about having the Occult Research Club meeting here.”

“Huh, at my house?”

“Do you remember what I said before? It’s about time to clean the whole old school building. Apparently, they asked the cleaners to clean it.”

Half of that is a lie. The truth is that she uses her familiar to clean the building. She said it like that so that my parents could understand it.

.“I’m very sorry Otou-sama, Okaa-sama.”Buchou bows her head  down politely at my parents

“That’s all right Rias-san. I heard that you are taking good care of Ise. I’m also happy that Ise has more female friends, this troublesome child of mine doesn’t really like bringing his friends home you know.”

Dad nods at mum's words.

“She’s right. I like Matsuda-kun and Motohama-kun, but I think it’s also important to have a friend who plays safely. You can’t enjoy youth by staying in your room and talking about naughty stuff.”

“That’s right Otou-san. Matsuda-kun and Motohama-kun are good boys but they have lewd eyes. Well, they are lecherous students, so it’s obvious that they are a bad influence for Ise. And since Asia-chan and Rias-san are living here now, I don’t want them to enter this house any more. The girls will get stained. And since Ise old friend isn’t with Japan, we have never met them.”

They are talking about whatever they want about you guys, Matsuda and Motohama. I can’t back you up because they are saying the truth. Also, why do you have to bring up my friends’ mom, dad? 

See? Buchou glanced at me with a curious gaze when she heard about my friend, don’t you see the consequence of your action “So we will have the activity here today. Please take care of us, Ise.” she said with a smile that says she’s interested in my friend.

I wonder how it will turn out after this.

Part 3

“And this is a photo from when Issei is six years old” Mother said as she pointed to a picture of a young me with nothing more than a brief grinning wildly while posing with a peace sign towards the camera.

Hey Akeno-san! Hey mum, stop showing her things!” I half pleaded, embarrassed and in shame as the meeting soon devolved into my club conversation about my childhood the moment mom brought in my picture album.

“......Small Ise.”

Buchou, I’ll be embarrassed if you stare at a picture of me when I was a child like that, why are you tracing the picture so slowly like that? Why is your cheek red? Why is your eyes mitsy?

“Ise when he was a child, Ise when he was a child, Ise when he was a child, Ise when he was a child......” I felt a shiver run down my spine as I heard what buchou is muttering again, is...is Buchou a shota-con? Is that what’s happening right now?

I think I know how Buchou-san feels!” Asia grabs Buchou’s hand with her eyes sparkling, 

“So you also know how I feel. I’m so happy.”Buchou replied with a dazzling smile as what seemed to be a mutual understanding formed between them, what that understanding it I will never know

They then began to speak amongst themselves as if they are in a different world, Me who backed off from them began to look at the others and found Kiba staring silently at a particular picture of mine.

Curiosity took over me as I peered and found a picture of me and my best friend, Rin, playing together, toys scattered everywhere, the centre of the photo has me and Rin playing hero, with me being the hero and Rin being the sidekick.

I felt more embarrassment, more than I thought possible, as I hurriedly tried to took over the picture  but he dodges it flawlessly “O-Oi, Kiba! Don’t look!” I said half pleadingly though he simply smiled

“Hahaha, don’t worry about it. Let me enjoy your album a bit more.”

Kiba then took out another picture, this time, it was me and Rin being carried by both of our father, our faces looked sad and tears could be seen running down both of our cheeks, yeah, that was the last picture we had before Rin went to Europe for her training.

Kiba points at Rin’s father in the photo. To be more accurate he is pointing at the thing the boy’s father is carrying on his back.

“Do you remember this?”

Kiba asks me seriously. Hey, the tone of your voice is different. But I could guess what he meant by that.

“Yeah, that was me and my best friend Rin, her father was an exorcist, but he has retired by the time Rin was born, I don’t know what happened to Rin though, last we contacted each other was two years ago” I shrugged off before looking at Kiba once more from the corner of my eyes.

My words though seemed to have brought silence as none of the members spoke, they seemed to process what I just said “Yo-Your friend father is an exorcist Ise?” Buchou said with a flabbergasted expression.

“Yeah, Rin parents run the church of this city, but they got called in for a work to Europe, Rin also goes there to follow her parents, She might be an exorcist now actually that I think about it,” I said as I remember Rin once more, we had been pen-pals ever since she left for Europe and I went to Parabellum school, we frequently sent letter to each to each other but when I retire, I also stopped sending letters to Rin, the fact that we were only able to send letters once a month is also tiring.

“Then do you know what this holy sword is?” Kiba looked furious and staring daggers at me, I sighed once more as I finally registered what just happened here “No, I don’t know the name of that holy sword it is, no, I don’t know where Rin live” I answered when I saw Kiba looked like he had another question.

Kiba descended in silence as he looked deep in thought, making me want to ask him another thing “Why? What’s wrong Kiba? You looked like you have something to say”

Kiba who heard my questioned lifted his head and put on a fake smile, one that he had put on numerous time at school as he stood up “It’s nothing Ise-kun, thank you for telling me this, Buchou, I am truly sorry, but I have things to think about, so I request to be excused early” He asks buchou who sighed deeply before nodding, muttering a quick thank you, Kiba walked out of the room and went out, probably returning home

 

Part 4.

[BANG!]

The dull clanging of metal reverberated through the azure sky.

“All right. I've got this one.”

I promptly caught the soaring baseball with my gloved hand.

“Nice catch, Ise.”

Buchou smiled and gave me a thumbs up. We, the Occult Research Club, were practising baseball in the backyard of the old school building where no grass was growing and are usually used for extra practice. 

“Next week is Kuoh Academy’s 'Ball Tournament'. It’s a battle between clubs that we can’t lose.” So said Buchou heatedly as she excitedly talk about the strategy that we’ll be using on the ball tournament.

“Ball Tournament”, as the name implies is an event where we play ball-related sports, such as baseball, soccer, basketball, and tennis. These matches include contests between classes, genders and obviously, there are also some between clubs. Whether or not you belong to a sports club, it's a club mandatory; naturally, that includes the Occult Research Club. What the clubs actually play is announced on the day of the event, we don't know what it will be. When club member numbers differ, the set up is for fair play, at least number wise. According to the Student Council announcement, some sports may require more players, so we need to make sure we have the reserves. And in conclusion, we were practising sports likely to arise.

“Batting practice is fine now. If it’s baseball, then Koneko will be the fourth batter.”

“...Affirmative.”

Well, it is natural for the superhuman girl, Koneko-chan, to be the fourth batter, after all, she is the naturally strongest person here, what’s with her trait as the [Rook] and whatnot.

“Now! We'll practice doing catch! Now everyone! Put your gloves on and spread out!” Buchou was in high spirits. She was so energetic and lively that she was basically on fire, really, It’s amusing to see her like this..

“Ufufufu. Buchou likes these kinds of things.” Said Akeno-san while giggling as she walked beside me wearing her gloves, I simply smiled and nodded to Akeno-san remarks.

Thinking back, the ball tournament is a huge event that I didn’t participate in since there were a lot of commotion regarding my action last year, I was practically banned from competing from the ball tournament, but this year, I’ll be allowed to join in on the condition that I will only participate on one event, and that I won’t be played for the full duration of the game.

“Here, Asia! Here I go!”

KLANG!

Buchou hit the ball towards Asia.

“Haaan! Aaau-aaau-aaau... Aah!”

The ball went through Asia’s legs. Needless to say, Asia's sports sense is below exceptional. At times, she'll even trip over nothing.

“Asia! If you fail to catch it, go fetch it!”

“Y-Yes!”

Ever since the Rating games with Riser, Buchou has been a lot more fired up as well as lively, she said that it’s felt like a shackle has been lifted from her, and that her body and mind feel light because of it.

“Next is Yuuto! Here!”

KLANG!

Buchou hit the ball to Kiba. This should be a piece of cake for Kiba, he's the fastest runner in our group.

Instead, Kiba stood there and got smacked in the face with the ball, any other day, I would laugh at him, but the empty gaze on his eyes made me unnerved.

“Kiba! Get a hold of yourself!”

I yelled at Kiba. He then looked at me with a puzzled expression!

“...Aah, sorry. I wasn’t paying attention.”

Kiba picked up the ball and threw it back to Buchou. Buchou caught the ball with a sigh.

“Yuuto, what’s wrong? You've been acting rather strange lately. It’s not like you.”

“I’m sorry.”

Kiba sincerely apologised. Buchou was right. This guy has been thinking about something serious lately. Even during discussions in the Occult Research Club, he would look somewhere else and not participate. I even heard that it became a hot topic in his classroom, “A prince in his thoughts.” The girls were worried and excited over his expression.

“Ddraig...Any theory on what’s bugging him? I have a theory but I feel like the chance of it being happening is so low it’s practically zero” I asked Ddraig, ever since the rating game, Ddraig had been sleeping more and more, alongside this, he had been sulking since I didn’t use his power during the rating game and didn’t announce my return from retirement.

[Hard to say partner...my theory and your theory might match up, but as you said, the chance of it happening is too low, we do know that that knight been like this since he saw that picture] 

“Yeah...What I saw was hatred as well as the needs of vengeance...but then, I will end him if he ever tried hurting Rin, comrades or not, hurting an innocent just because of your thirst of vengeance is unacceptable…” I simply ended the discussion with Ddraig and returned my focus to the scene before me.

“Ara ara. By the way, Ise-kun, did you know?”

Asked Akeno-san.

“Know what?”

“Recently, Buchou started a manual on love.”

“...A love manual!?” Bafflement must be clear on my face as Akeno-san giggled at my expression, noticing her, I tried to shut my face up.

“Ufufufu. Ise-kun, you don’t have to worry about it. It'll be alright. It's impossible for Buchou to have a lover while you're around.” 

Blushes and warm feelings reach up to my face as Akeno-san said those words, I can’t help but be happy alright! This is the first time I ever got close to a female, well, not like I could have a relationship with Buchou though.


Lunchtime, the next day.

The “Ball tournament” was approaching. Today we would most likely train hard as well. We were informed to go to the club room after lunch. Apparently, this would be our last meeting. Buchou sure is serious.

“Club-room today as well?” Asked Matsuda while eating his curry bread.

“Yeah, training for the tournament.”

“Hah... Occult research club practising to play ball. But... everyone in your club is sporty, right?”

“Yeah,” I affirmed Occult Research Club consist of a devil, a being that is inherently stronger than human after all, and while I wasn’t as inherently strong as them, I would like to believe that I’m stronger than most human.

“Ise. You should be careful. There're bad rumours about you.” Motohama said suddenly while fixing his glasses.

“Wh...what are you talking about?”

“The wild beast Ise, playing around with beautiful girls. He's got a hold on Rias-senpai and Himejima-senpai. He's forcing them to do evil, sexual acts against their will. "Fufufu. The dignified Ojou-sama is making such a slutty face for me! You pig!". Then you abuse them with words and violence.”

“Heeeeeeeey!! What the fuck is thaaaaat!?”

I shouted over these insane rumours. Of course! The hell's with that!?

“There’s more. The beast finally set his filthy fangs on the school’s mascot, Koneko-chan, who has a loli body. Then he instigated intense sexual intercourse that could easily break her body. He feasted on an underdeveloped body. "Senpai... please stop...". But her words were futile to the beast. His lust for sex then reached the Angel who had just transferred to our school; he attacked Asia-chan on the first day. "I'll teach you about Japanese culture with my special after school lesson". He made the Angel fall down to the abyss at dawn... You took her into your house. The never-ending hell took place in your small room. The brute Ise's hunt for beautiful girls never ends. ...Well something like that.”

“...Are you serious? So everyone is seeing me like that? But how could they know that much about me?”

I made a sweeping look around the class. It may be a mistake but it felt as if there were people looking as if I were a lusting animal! It’s just my imagination! I’m just imagining it! Damn it! Who the hell is spreading rumours about me!?

“Well, we spread those rumours.”

“Yeah.”

I feel a vein on my head before I head chop the two idiots with my hand,making them cry out in pain as they tend to their injuries.

I hit them without a word! Of course! These fucking shit-heads!

“It hurts, you brute!”

“Yeah. Don’t take it out on us, you beast!”

“Don’t fuck around! Spreading rumours about me?! You guys! Do you really want to die, seriously!?”

“Shut up! You’re the one who fucked both of us over with that “date” of yours, don’t you know we almost died because of you?! Both mentally and physically!” Matsuda shouted which made me recoiled.

Ah...I did set them up with that person huh….in retrospect….didn’t I almost kill them because of it? 

“SEE! You’re acknowledging it! You know what you’ve done is fucked up, don’t you!? Care for us the little man!” Motohama cry out as he saw my faces, yeah…

As enjoyable as lunchtime with my friends is, I have to go to the club room. I left after putting my empty lunch box in my bag. Where's Asia? Oh, she’s having her lunch with another girl in the corner. I’m glad that she’s fitting in. She did tell me that she made a friend.

“Sorry Matsuda and Motohama, I'll leave now for the club room.”

“Oh, you're working hard. That’s good for you.”

“Can you even participate in the ball tournament? Last I check you got banned because of your idiotic stunt last year right?”

“Eh, Buchou somehow made it work, I have restrictions though, a bunch of bullshit if you ask me, I can’t even play the entire match only the second half of it.” 

“Energetic. Until recently you only became hyped up over porn and stuff.”

“You really did change. Did you eat something bad? Does your life change when you see real tits? Or did you go on a life-changing journey?”

“Well, no matter how many times you see real tits, it’s always amazing.”

“Die!” “Die!”

“Hey, Asia. Finished lunch?”

“Asia, your boyfriend is calling.”

The glasses-wearing girl sitting near Asia, Kiryuu Aika, said so with a perverted face.

“B-B-B-Boyfriend!!?”

Flustered. I've never seen her like this before. Well, any girl would get flustered if someone calls her close guy friend her “boyfriend”.

“Eh? I’m wrong? But the two of you are always together, so I thought you two were going out.”

“T-T-That’s...Auu...”

Asia’s face began to turn crimson. If you say something like that in a classroom, everyone will look at you

“Hmmm. Is that so? You guys look like a couple. You're always together and get along well, kinda like a combination. You guys are also living together with your parents' permission, right? A young boy and a girl living under one roof. That'll be... Mufufufu. By the way, I was the one who told her about 'bathing together! So?! Did you enjoy it?!”

-PLAK!

The sound of slap reverberated across the room, I just had made a paper fan as quickly as possible before bonking Aika's head as hard as possible, irking a cry of pain and tears leaking from the corner of her eyes.

“It hurts! What the hell Hyoudou! Since when did you turn into such a brute! Don’t you remember last year?” Aika said crying out as she patted her head.

“Don’t say misleading stuff like that you twin-tailed bastard, also, me and Asia aren’t in a relationship, she is too pure for that, Also, the stuff about last year got nothing to do with the current time!” I said as I messaged my temple.

“Hmm. That’s weird. Asia li... Mwah!”

Asia covered Kiryuu's mouth with both hands.

“Aaaah! Please stop, Kiryuu-san!”

Asia...? I'd never seen her face so red before... Her eyes were watery as well. Does Kiryuu hold some secret that Asia doesn’t want me to know? Hmmm... it’s probably girls’ talk so it’s hard for me to intrude.

“Anyway, Asia. We were told to go to the club room so let’s go.”

“Okay!”

Asia had yet to calm down. Well, discussing things like this is too stimulating for her when you consider where she was raised. Even I would feel embarrassed if I were told that she was my girlfriend... But, if Asia were my girlfriend, then I would live a happy life. However, right now, I have stronger feelings of protection for Asia. I couldn’t consider my life without Asia any more. Asia’s smile became a part of it. Musing about my happy life, we neared the club room.

Part 5

When we entered the room, the other members were already there…….and there were also those who didn’t belong to the club here as well.

! I got shocked when I saw the person sitting on the sofa beside the club members.

“Student Council President......”

Yes, the person sitting on the sofa is our school, Kuoh Academy’s Student Council-President-sama. The Student Council President is a beautiful and slender female student and has a cold and strict atmosphere around her. She is so beautiful that she doesn’t look Japanese, but her name is Shitori Souna-senpai. She is my senior who is in her third year. At school, she is the third most popular. Of course the most popular is Buchou, followed by Akeno-san. She has a scary atmosphere that won’t let anyone come near her. It’s also because she has the eyes of a strict person, but she is also quite the beauty. She’s more popular amongst female students than male students, and she may be more popular than Buchou and Akeno-san with girls.

Truthfully speaking, me and Sona-senpai didn’t get along too well, this is mostly because of my attitude last year which made a huge scene and gave the student council of that time a major headache.

Even though the student council president of that time came personally to me and was the one who basically threatened me, he’s also the one who got the biggest headache as he was forced to take responsibility for my action.

“Good afternoon Hyoudou-kun, why are you standing there in the door? Do come and sit, we are just a visitor anyway” Sona-senpai said as she took a sip from her tea elegantly, besides her, a young man I don’t know is looking at me with the corner of his eyes.

“What’s wrong Hyoudou? You looked shocked, this your first time ever seeing another devil beside Rias-senpai?”The last guy said so with a smug expression, making me sigh as I walked past them and sat on the couch.

“Nah, Already knew from a long time ago that you guys are devils, it was weirder last year though when the student council was split evenly between human and devil, so you’re the new guy, so I guess the current council is entirely made up of devils huh…Considering this guy is a new member and he’s a devil”

“That’s right Hyoudou-kun, this is Saji Genshirou, Saji, make your introduction please,” Sona-senpai said while Saji still looked baffled hearing my comments.

“My name is Saji Genshirou. I’m in  second year, and I am Kaichou’s Pawn, hope we get along” He said with a slight bow, though his expression indicated that he doesn’t really like doing this.

“Actually you damaged my pride very badly. For you, one of the three pervs, to be the same “Pawn” as for me…….” He said after lifting his head and sighing

“Saji...I’m not a devil” I simply said while sending him a slight glare, making him flinch when he saw my eyes, yeah, inexperienced alright, this guy never saw death face to face it looks like, but instead of backing off, he went ahead and put on a fake brave expression while sending Sona-senpai a glance...I see….so that’s why you doing this huh Saji… I respect that

“Oh? You wanna go at it? Even if I look like this, I’m a “Pawn” that consumed 4 pieces of “Pawns”. Even if I just turned into a Devil, I won’t lose against someone like Hyoudou.”

“Saji, stop that.”

“Bu-But Kaichou!”

“The reason we came here is to introduce our new servants amongst fellow High-class Devils where we both have this school as our base. In other words, it is a meeting to introduce you and Rias’s servant, Asia-san. If you are my servant, then don’t make a shame out of me. Besides…..”

Kaichou then looked at me.

“Saji, you can’t win against Hyoudou-kun right now. He is the one who defeated the third son of the house of Phoenix, while he’s only human, me and Rias have acknowledged his strength as the real deal.”

Right now...Aren’t you a crafty one, Sona-senpai, making me a target for the new guy while also introducing him to the devil worlds is a good move, well played.

“I am sorry Hyoudo Issei-kun, Asia Argento-san. My servant hasn’t experienced as many battles as you two, so he still has some rude attitude in him. If it’s okay, can you please get along with him?”

Kaichou said it to us while smiling. I think you call this a cold smile. I didn’t feel anything bad from the smile, so she must be a person who can only smile like this.

“Saji.” I said as I reached out my hands for a handshake “Let’s get along young one…” I grin as I said the last part out with amusement, Saji for his part, looked like he was ready to pop a vein before aggressively taking my hand while glaring at me.

“Yes. Let’s get along.”

Asia replied back with a big smile. Asia sure is a good child.

“If it’s Asia-san, then I am very happy!”

Saji grabbed Asia’s hand and made an attitude opposite to the one he gave me. Thi….this bastard! I took Saji’s hands off Asia’s and shook his hand while gripping it hard.

Hahaha! Saji-kun! Please look after me as well! Also, I’ll seriously fucking kill you if you lay a finger on Asia. Okay, Saji-kun!?”

I said it with a fake smile. Then he also smiled and held my hand stronger.

“Yes! Yes! Let’s get along Hyoudou-kun! To have the blond bishoujo for just yourself. You really are a Brute-kun! Man, I wish there was a divine punishment that falls on you! I wish you would die when lightning falls on you while you are on your way home!”

“You must have a hard time.”

“You too.”

“I think this is enough for introducing our rookies. Then we will pardon ourselves now. There’s also a document which I want to finish during lunchtime.”

Kaichou got up and tried to leave.

“Kaichou….No...Sona-senpai……... I will be in your care from now.” I bowed my head a little bit while Sona-senpai turned her heads in surprise hearing me call her name, yeah, last year all I did was basically taunt her and never call her name, so it comes as a shock after all.

“Y-Yes! Please take care of us!” 

“Yes, let’s get along.”

Kaichou replied and smiled, for the first time, warmly at us.

“Rias, I will be looking forward to the “Ball Tournament”.”

Kaichou said to Buchou with a smile, before she left the room.

“Yes, me as well.”

Buchou smiled back at her. Oh. I understood immediately that these two are really close. Then why didn’t she helped us during the rating game? Actually, it might not be that simple, I don’t even know the relationship between these houses after all. Or did she believe that Buchou would be able to clear the problem herself? Kaichou left the room after saying that.

“Ise, Asia. Get along with Saji-kun. You will also meet the other members of the student council who are Devils, but don’t fight with them. Since we are all spending our school life at the same school. Okay?”

Buchou said to us while smiling.

“Yes!”


“Bloo…bloomers.”

I became shocked after seeing what Asia was wearing. It was not the school’s PE uniform shorts but a bloomer! Before the start of the club matches, Asia suddenly disappeared, and when I thought she came back she was wearing a bloomer. her thighs…..! Man! She has nice legs like always! Asia was wriggling while making her face red.

“………Ummm……I heard from Kiryuu-san. That the proper uniform for dodge ball is bloomer…… An…and also that Ise-san will be happy if I wore this……”

AI...AIKA!!! That damn bitch! Why on earth did she teach my cute Asia-chan this wonderful…no I mean a shameless thing! Shit! Aika, I should have known letting Asia befriend that girl who’s basically the dark side of Kuoh is a bad idea

“You don’t like it?” Asia asked me with a shy voice while looking up at me. 

“No, no. It’s great, Asia. Thank you very much. Thank you very much!”I took Asia’s hand and thanked her a lot. But Asia herself didn’t know what was going on.

“Raise your spirit up, you two.” Buchou was still energetic even after she had already finished up her other events.” for Ise, I will give a reward if you work hard and win this alright!”

When Buchou said that, I felt a deep power dwell within me. UOUUUUUU!!! A special reward from Buchou herself! Come you bastard, if it’s for this kind of thing, I’ll take down even the gods!

“Gyaaa!” I screamed in pain while holding my left foot that got stepped by Asia, turning my head to see her pouting. 

“Ise-san how about you hand “that” out to everyone?” Asia said it with a displeased voice. When I looked she had an unpleasant face. She was in a bad mood. Lately, Asia-chan has learned how to use violence against me. She must be at a rebellious age. Just like Asia said, there was something I had that I wanted to give to everyone. 

“Everyone! Let’s put this as a team!” What I got out was a headband, which had an embroidery “Occult Research Club” imprinted on it, I made it last night in preparation for this.

“Ara, you are well prepared.” The first one to take it from me was Buchou as she began looking at the headband “Yes, Ise is more skilful than I thought. It’s well made.” She said after she finished her observation and put it on.

“……It’s unexpectedly good,” Koneko-chan said while putting it on.

Thank you Koneko-chan!

“Ara-ara. Certainly, the other clubs are wearing an item to symbolise the team. Like uniforms and caps.”

“That’s right Akeno-san! That’s why I also made it!”

Everyone took them from my hand and put them on their forehead. It made me happy. It was worth the effort making them at night. Then I gave it to Kiba who was still acting weird.

“Here Kiba.”

“……Ye…yeah. Thanks.”

“……Let’s concentrate on winning now.” I grinned towards Kiba who looked lost after hearing my words, oy, what’s wrong with this guy?

“……Win, huh. Yeah…… Winning is important.”

Part 6

It was just after the game passed the halfway point that I was allowed to go in, I thought that It was going to be smooth sailing, after all, we have devils that is inherently stronger than human, I also am stronger than most people, that’s what I thought, but the reality is different. 

“Aim for him! Aim for Hyoudou!”

“Uoooooo! Screw you guys!”

I was shouting at the same time crying while I was dodging incredibly fast balls. The match between clubs that started! The sports we had to do was dodge ball and our first opponent was the baseball club. These guys couldn’t hit anyone besides me from their viewpoints!

Buchou. One of the “Two Great Onee-samas”. The really popular school idol. Can’t aim for her.

Akeno-san. One of the “Two Great Onee-samas”. School idol. Can’t aim for her.

Asia. The Angel and the number 1 beautiful girl of the second year. And also a Blondie! Can’t aim for her.

Koneko-chan. A loli-loli girl who is our school mascot. Because of her small stature, you feel bad if you hit her.

Kiba. Enemy of every male student in our school, but the girls will hate you if you hit him. Can’t aim for him.

Me, Ise. Everyone thought “I don’t understand why that guy belongs to the occult research club”. It’s not a problem if you hit him. “No, you have to hit him instead”. “Damn it. Die.” “Aim every ball at him!” “Headshot!” “Die, die you wild beast!”

What the fuck! I could hear you guys thought you know! You guys aren’t even trying to hide it! But it’s time like these that I could show off to Asia-chan and Buchou

“DIE ISE” “How dare you have interaction with the two great Onee-sama!” “Let me join the club as well dammit” They continue to shout while I dodge every single one of them, throwing taunts of my own occasionally.

“All of the balls are concentrated towards Ise! In terms of strategy, this would be “sacrifice”! Ise, this is a chance!”

“Buchouuuu!! This is ain’t a sacrifice play! This is me getting suffering while you guys use it as an opportunity!” I cry out a retort to Buchou who nodded looking at my action.

“You talk too much...Senpai,” Koneko-chan said while taking one of the balls aimed at me before throwing it back at an incredible speed, you’ll kill somebody Koneko-chan!

“Shit! I don’ care whether I get hated! You damn handsome!!”

Oooh! That guy had so much hatred towards handsome guys that he aimed for Kiba instead of me! Get hit! Well, that’s what I thought……

“What are you doing gazing around for!?” I shouted when I realized Kiba still have an empty look and his head looked out of it, gritting my teeth, I used Shundo to appear in front of Kiba and catching the ball 

“…Ah. Ise-kun?” Kiba said with a weak voice as he finally registred what happened, gritting my teeth, I throw the ball back towards the sender with my full might, hitting him on the guts and making him fall down.

“You guys went too far..” I said lowly while picking up another ball while the others stood frozen on their spot while I glared at them one by one “If you guys want to pick a fight...You should have said so” I said before massacring everybody with my throw.

Afterwards, My action made some people protest saying that having me is basically cheating and that I shouldn’t be allowed to participate in any school event from now on, I wanted to cry out in protest, but when I consider I was the one who took out more than half of them, it became understandable.

________

It was raining hard outside. We were lucky that it rained after the tournament.

SLAP!

There was also a bitter sound that echoed along with the sound of rain. Buchou just slapped someone. Not me. It was Kiba.

“How is it? Did you wake up?”

Buchou was quite angry. For the ball tournament, we, the occult research club, got 1st place. Me, Asia and Koneko-chan went back and obtained 1st place as a whole team…… But there was one person who didn’t cooperate. I’m talking about Kiba. He did contribute a couple of times but he was doing nothing most of the time. Buchou got angry at him a couple of times during the match but he didn't seem to care. I would have gotten pissed if Buchou didn’t. Even if he got his cheek slapped, Kiba still didn’t make any expression nor talked. What is this guy…… Is he really Kiba? Because of the sudden change, he looked like a totally different person. He was a good looking guy who always had a refreshing face. Then he suddenly made the usual smiley face.

“Are you done now? The ball tournament has finished as well. We won’t be practising anymore so can I take a rest until it’s night time? I’m a bit tired so I will take a break from the usual club activity. I’m sorry for my behaviour this noon. Seems like I didn’t feel well today.”

“Kiba, you are really weird lately?”

“It’s none of your concern.”

I asked him but Kiba replied coldly with a smiley face.

“Even I’m getting worried about you.”

“Worried? Who worries about who? I think it’s normal for Devils to live by how they want. Well, I think I’m at fault for not listening to my master this time.”

“Kiba...Revenge doesn’t mean jack-shit on the long term” I said lowly to Kiba who stopped dead on his track before glaring at me with coldly

“And how would you know Ise-kun? You speak to me as if you know it all about me...but you don’t know anything, as far as I’m concerned, you’re just a stranger to my personal life, don’t confuse my business life and my personal life..” 

“Is that what your comrades said to you before they died?” My words instantly made him turn into action as he tried to grab me by the collar, only for me to turn it around and do a shoulder throw.

“I have a hunch on who you are Kiba...But I didn’t say anything because it might destroy this club and trust within it, but believe me Kiba...Revenge doesn’t mean shit in the long term, grief over it, cry over it, you can do it all, but to be shackled by your revenge will only lead you to your destruction” I said as I took a step back from Kiba, for a moment, he was lying down on the floor without movement, but suddenly, he got up and turned to us, his fake smile plastered on his face.

“No. I’m living so I can seek my revenge. Holy-sword Excalibur. Destroying that is the reason why I am living.”

Kiba had a face with a strong determination. That time, for the first time, I finally saw Kiba's true face, warring a sigh as he walked away to us.


And there we go Ladies and gentlemen, the first chapter of this volume, [Crusader of the ball festival], I hope that this does not disappoint you guys, but more importantly, I decided to reduce the size of each chapter a bit since the first and second volume has a gap in size between chapters, I decided to make each chapter around 5-7K words only.

In another note, I hope that I didn't make the character in this fanfic too OOC now or in the future, once again, I'm sorry for any grammatical error that I overlook, and I see you guys in the next chapter.

1