Chapter 1
1.8k 8 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The last bell rang, signaling the end of the school year. Three months of no one bothering me, woohoo. I never liked interacting with anyone, I just wasn't a social person. After my walk home from school, I took off my shoes and called out for my parents. No reply, great. When I walked to my room and opened the door, I found a floating blue screen.

Skeptical, I walked closer, when I was about a foot away, the screen turned towards me and zoomed to my face. I fell, but the screen followed my vision. 

What?

Then something started writing on the screen, it was slow, like a kid practicing typing. Hell, whoever was writing on the screen misspelled a few things, deleting it and retyping. I laughed, which stopped the person typing, then they resumed.

[Welcome to the Harem sytem]

Really, this person doesn't know how to spell?

Then the words promptly changed, the text deleted itself and started typing something else. The typing speed was a lot faster, and there was no misspelling. It was obvious it was someone else.

[The Harem System will allow you to conquer whichever woman you desire!]

Really? Has this thing even looked at me? I'm hideous!

[The system will allow you to change yourself to become the perfect human. Able to master everything you come across, including pleasing woman!]

This is... Is this even real? Am I hallucinating?

[Would you like to see your status?]

"Like a video game?"

[Yes]

"Sure..?"

[Name: Leo Walker

Level: 1

Exp: 0/100

Occupation: Loser

Women conquered: None

Charm: 17/100

Talent: 30/10000

Strength: 20/5000

Agility: 15/2000

Intelligence: 110/300

Bloodlines: None

Skills: Gaming 10/1000, Sleeping: 7/25, Other: 13/8975

Rating: Bottom of the human race]

Wow, that was a lot lower than I thought it'd be. I was a bit bummed, then I realized: aren't I being to accepting over this? Shouldn't I be a bit surprised or worried that almost everything about me was put into a few numbers and letters?

And hell, this thing even insulted me! 

[As a welcoming gift, host has been granted 50 points and a lottery spin ranging anywhere from Rare to Mythic!]

[Would you like to spend your points? y/n]

 I tapped yes and the status page popped up. I didn't realize it at first, but the status wasn't typed, but instead just appeared, like someone copy and pasted it there.  And there were plus and minus marks next to the numbers, the symbols were pretty self explanatory.

 I felt like this was happening way too fast, I hadn't even been home for 5 minutes yet, but here was something straight out of a video game! After sitting down, and the blue screen still following me, staying in the same area the whole time, I began to think. A harem system? Sounds like an idea right from the internet, and I had 50 points to spend, which I wasn't even sure would work. Plus a lottery spin, which would give me something random.

Hesitantly, I put 10 points into something I could almost feel immediately: Intelligence.

After I pressed the button ten times, my mind cleared, memories that were distant and blurry suddenly became clearer. It felt amazing, I felt more refreshed than I had in years.

It worked!

[New quest unlocked: Get your looks to average (30-40)

Reward: Additional options in the [Talent] and [Charm tab] Tabs

Punishment: Death

Time limit: 1 Hour]

After I read that, I became a bit panicked. I was reluctant to spend almost half of my points to get my charm that high. And if I didn't do it, I would die. I knew that upgrading my intelligence worked, my mind was thinking a lot more clearly, and faster.

And was it that bad if I was actually decent looking? Just about everything bad about my life right now was because I looked like a pig. But how would my parents react? The average looking person is skinny right? I can't just explain how I lost a bunch of weight in one night, even though they don't come home often, they would surely find out sooner or later. 

I knew I was gonna do it, but I was thinking about how people would react. And the more I thought about it, the more I realized my parents probably wouldn't even notice it. It was a sad reality but it was true, I barely saw them at least once a month.

Pushing my thoughts to the back of my head, I put 25 points into charm. 

And nothing happened. Was it a psychological effect? Why did I feel something for intelligence? 

Then the pain came, and it came hard.

My skin started to tighten, my body heated up to the point I could see smoke coming out of my body, my sweat was dripping everywhere. Black liquid started to come out of my body at alarming amounts, it looked like it came out of every pore it could. Nerves cut themselves, making new ones, and I could feel guts rearrange themselves. I didn't even know they could do that.

Then I passed out

I woke up puddle of sweat and black liquid, the smell was overwhelmingly bad, making me almost puke, and the clothing I was so used to wearing felt larger, at least twice as large as it should be.

Weird

I got up to go wash myself off, but I felt extremely light, an insanely weird feeling, as I was used to feeling like my legs would give out any moment. Looking down, the enormous amount of fat that usually blocked me from seeing my own feet wasn't there anymore.

It fucking worked! Holy shit it actually fucking worked!

I ran to the bathroom to look at myself. And the usual fat kid with acne covering just about every inch of his face wasn't there anymore.

Instead was a guy you could find anywhere, messy black hair, dark brown eyes and a slightly disproportionate face, though you couldn't say he was bad looking, you also couldn't say he was good looking. But hell, that was me! I wasn't fat anymore!

I almost started crying when I realized how dirty I looked, I quickly took off my oversized clothes and hopped in the shower

--

After getting out the shower the blue screen appeared again.

[Quest: Get your looks to average or more (30-40) 

Reward: Additional options in the [Talent] and [Charm tab] Tabs

Punishment: Death

Time limit: 1 Hour

Completed!]

[Please open your status to look at rewards]

"Status"

[Name: Leo Walker

Level: 1

Exp: 0/100

Occupation: Loser

Women conquered: None

Points: 15

Charm: 43/100 !

Talent: 33/10000 !

Strength: 16/5000

Agility: 17/2000

Intelligence: 120/300

Bloodlines: None

Skills: Gaming 10/1000, Sleeping: 7/25, Other: 16/8975

Rating: Sort of okay]

Looking at my stats, some other things changed, maybe it was because I was fat? My agility went up by two points, but I didn't feel anything and my strength decreased by 4, and my talent went up by 3. Was my intelligence my IQ? So much questions, but so little answers. There were 2 exclamations points by charm and intelligence, and when I clicked on the charm one, a large list appeared.

It mostly contained things that would make me more desirable, such as me being able to increase my height, which I put 2 points into, making me stand at 6 foot, every point seemed to add a inch to my height. And there was the dick size: a whopping 4 inches, I tried adding a point, but the number changed to 4.1.

[New quest: Make your penis length to 7 Inches.

As a Harem System host, Why wouldn't you have a golden rod that could match the heavens!?

Reward: 20 points

Punishment: Penis length is reduced by 3 inches

Time limit: 30 days]

This one wasn't as urgent as the other, so I quickly clicked on the last exclamation mark. And a list of thousands of skills appeared.

At the top of the list was a skill called:

[Mana core

Description: Host will receive a mana core, a Mana tab will also be added to your status

Cost: 1 point per upgrade.]

Although I was interested, I didn't buy it, if I bought it and learned magic, I would probably be hunted down by the government. There were other skills like dribbling, shooting and passing under the [Basketball] skill, some skills would allow you to pick what you wanted to improve, which was very helpful, just not at the moment.

Then I remembered the lottery spin, unsure how to get to it, I said "Use lottery spin", which seemed to work as the blue screen morphed into a slot machine.

Is this even a lottery?

There was a Button on the side, which wasn't really a button, I just had to press on it to make the slot machine go. 

Pressing on the button the slot machine worked it's magic, The outlines of some the items were, purple, blue, yellow, and a Bright purple that shined every time it appeared. 

After at least 20 seconds, the machine started to slow down, there were points, sex toys, most of which were rare, and some other things that were blurry because of they're higher quality. Finally, the first item appeared, and I was not disappointed. 

[Congrats! You won: Status Charm + 20 (rare)]

Then I panicked, realizing that I might experience more pain, then another box appeared.

[You will not receive awards until (Lottery spin) is over]

I breathed a sigh of relieve, I had at least 30 seconds to mentally prepare myself. The second spin was almost done, it was slowing down to the point I could see which rarity it was clearly. A Yellow appeared, a bright purple, a blue, more yellows and blues.

And then it stopped on a purple.

[Congrats! You won: Talent, Combat expertise +500 (epic)]

Plus 500? Way too convenient, isn't the system just trying to make me badass?

The last Spin was almost over, and my mood brightened, there was mostly yellows and purples, no blues!

It slowly got slower and slower, until it was about to Bright purple, which I assumed was mythical. But right below the purple was a rare.

It stopped right between the two, not moving. I was praying to every god I knew to let it land on the purple.

After what seemed to be an eternity, the slot moved, to blue...

"SHIT"

[Congrats! You won: Skill, Attraction level!

Description: A Scale of 1 through 110 will be shown for each person you meet, 20 and below means your disgusting to them, 40 and below means they find you barely tolerable, 60 and below means they see you as a friend, 70 and below means they think your attractive, 80 and below means they are attracted to you, and would willingly go on a date with you 90 and below means they love you, 100 and below means they see you as a soul mate, 110 and below means they are obsessed with you.

After I got done reading, my head started to heat up.

Shit

3