I MADE IT
55 11 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He was the envy of men twice his age. Rico Suarez had everything they ever wanted, and more. Slick, suave and charismatic, he was the life and soul of the party. There was never a dull moment with him around. Everyone either wanted to be him, or be with him. Undeniably sexy, he was blessed with adonis genetics, and an eye for fashion. A lethal combination, he scored every night and got everything he’d ever dreamed of; a stable job as a promoter, a Porsche, the mansion of his dreams and a slew of pretty humans at his disposal. 

Rico Suave. Mister Vain. Adonis. The admiration of many. Loved, adored, idolised and reviled by some, he was on everyone’s minds. Being the talk of the town, the gossip and rumors never ceased:

“Did you hear he had a real life tiger at his last party?”

“I know he had a rave with penguins once!”

“Well I saw a polytunnel of love there.”

Rico couldn’t deny that he bathed in the attention. He loved every single moment of it; a euphoric, intense high that he didn’t want to come down from. Everyone in the supermarket knew his name, and the bodega, and the coffee shops. Even the construction workers knew him as a force to be reckoned with. 

Untouchable and charismatic, the mountain of personality and machismo smashed his way through life like a sledgehammer swinging through slabs effortlessly day after day. Hour after hour. Night after night. The mess he left behind suffered himself no consequences. His gain was what made him a millionaire practically overnight. The high life seemed like the only life he’d known, far away from any grubby streets, rundown houses and cheap stores that lined his hometown. 

Glittering sidewalks, luscious palm trees, sparkling fountains and large mansions were his new found home. Lashings of money and private gateways, brand new cars, expensive watches, shimmering pools, gold plated door handles, Cubanos, Dior, Gucci, Yves, a million here, a million there. Life had never been so good. No need to front anymore. He’d made it, and he was set for eternity. All his debts had been paid off, and he was living the dream. 

He could have whatever he wanted, whenever he wanted. Even call first dibs on whoever he wanted…

...So why did he devour those sloppy seconds?


“Whatever happened between us happened by accident, so don’t get your hopes up.” Rico added between gritted teeth. “You’re lucky I even did the first round.”

The song pumping through the walls and vibrating against the floorboards made his point clearer. No soy romántico. He wasn't one in the slightest. Cold, rough and intense, he was known for his hardcore sex sessions. A man of pleasure, not passion. 

A figure appeared from across the room. The silhouette in question yelled back. "Rico, I must have been good enough to get the first round!" 

"Yeah keep telling yourself that. I was drunk and out of it." He stared across at the sharp outline of the figure's scowling face. "I wouldn't have screwed you in a million years if I was sober."

She began to step out into the sunlight. Her golden wig shimmered, and her familiar hazel eyes twinkled. Standing there half naked, in her sweatpants, she let out a laugh when his face dropped:

"Mar...tin...a?" 

She sighed back. “Why is it on the one time you actually get to have sex with me, you belittle me?”

Rubbing his eyes, Rico let out a groan. “Look, I didn’t know it was you.” He took a step closer and reached out his arms to hug her. “I’m sorry.”

She accepted the hug reluctantly. Wrapping her long arms around his muscular physique, she asked: “Can’t you be a bit more supportive, Rico Darling, please?” 

Rico thought for a moment and let out a sigh. “Look, I’ll try. This whole thing’s entirely new to me.” 

It was true. He’d always know her as the extremely intelligent and breathtakingly handsome Sergeant Major Martin Everett; the life and soul of every party, the no-nonsense advice giver, the soft soul encased inside a macho exterior. 

She’d decided to retire from the army, dump her long term partner of ten years, come back to A-Hills and come out once again. 

Rico hadn’t been this close to her in a long time. 

Pulling himself back from the hug, a scent of strawberries and coconut filled the air. She looked at him with a half smile formed across her face. “It’s new to me as well.”

“I’ll try my best, and be there for you whilst you find yourself. You’ve been nothing but good to me over the years as well.” A smile formed across his face. “And I appreciate that.”

Martina nodded back. “And if you need anything, I’m there for you.” 

“Well… there is one thing…”

“What?” 

Rico thought for a moment. “Can we go and explore things together?”

Did you enjoy this chapter? Be honest
  • It’s aight Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Yes, I want more! Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No! Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 4
2