Chapter 8 – A New Life
1.4k 6 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lex groaned as he opened his eyes.

His whole body ached as if he had been badly injured, his body wrecked with fever.

"He's awake" a high pitched voice said

"That's good. Not many survive the ordeal, only less than 10%. He had good results in the tests. He will serve the emperor well. Let him rest and recover. His training will start in 2 months" another high pitched voice said with authority.

Lex realized both men had black hair and Chinese features. The girl standing nearby looked Chinese too and looked no older than 16.

He watched as both men with the high pitched voices walked away and the girl walked towards him and smiled.

"Congratulations sir. Your three treasures is placed on the table next to you. They will take it away for storage soon, so you had best see it for the last time in before your death" the girl smiled

"My.. three treasures?" Lex asked as he unwrapped the covered jar.

He barely noticed that his voice sounded strange.

To his shock, he saw a penis and testicles floating in a pickle solution but he was too weak to even get up.

"Oh my God! I've been castrated?" Lex thought to himself. 

An old man walked into the room, grizzled and wise looking

"Ok he's awake. Sit him up" he ordered as the girl helped Lex sit up straight on the bed. 

The old man moved behind his back and suddenly made several quick taps all over his back

Lex realized he couldn't move! He sat still like a statue as the girl removed his top, exposing his naked torso. 

The old man nodded and took out a leather package of some sort and unwrapped it revealing several long silver needles

He took a deep breath and yelled "Haaaah!" 

With sudden and incredible speed and precision, he suddenly started stabbing Lex's back in multiple locations

Lex couldn't even yell as he felt an electric shock entering his body from every needle stuck to his back. 

More and more strength poured into his body as Lex felt his body strengthened. However, he still couldn't move an inch. 

Finally, after an unknown length of time, the old man breathed easier, his face completely covered in sweat. 

One by one, he pulled the needles out and got off the bed from behind Lex. 

With 3 taps, Lex's body relaxed. However, Lex still couldn't move, rather his body went limp on its own. 

"Remove his bandages" the old man ordered

The girl obeyed and removed Lex's bandages revealing a small hole where his penis and testicles were attached. 

"Not bad. The operation went well. You will be able to control your urination, unlike the other eunuchs" the old man said, inserting several needles into his groin. 

"This should accelerate your healing. You will be able to serve the emperor in no time" the old man nodded wisely. 

--

Lex stood naked as he looked at his reflection in a full length mirror. His groin was completely flat as he had nothing there, but otherwise, he was a reasonably handsome young man with long hair that went down to the middle of his back.

Lex remembered his name was Quan Yu, a 16 year old scholar from a poor family. After failing the imperial exams twice, mainly because he couldn't afford to pay bribes to the examiner, the only way he could enter the imperial court was to become a eunuch. 

He was supposed to marry his childhood sweetheart Wai Ling after he became a court official. However, due to her beauty, she was picked to become the emperor's latest concubine. 

Desperate to follow her, and without telling her, he volunteered to become a eunuch to be able to enter the Forbidden City where she was taken. 

This was because once she became the emperor's concubine, she would never be allowed out of the Forbidden City again. 

And because his dream to marry him was shattered, Quan Yu decided to give it all up to be with her, even as a eunuch!

"What a foolish fellow" Lex thought to himself. He very likely died from the castration before Lex himself was reincarnated in his body. 

After feeling hurt by Jasmine, he couldn't imagine going through all these for a girl, childhood sweetheart or not. 

But then again, if he met Jasmine again, what would he do?

Would he reject her completely? Would he cast her away, even if she declared her undying love for him?

Lex sighed. He knew that even after watching all the hardcore sex scenes that Jasmine did, he would still embrace her and kiss her, no matter how soiled she was to him. 

"Really is this fellow Quan Yu that foolish after all? I might have done the same" he wondered as he touched his wound. 

--

It was widely known that no males were allowed inside the Forbidden City except the emperor and his immediate family, with very few exceptions like the doctor that treated him. 

He was an sage that had served the Royal Family as a healer for over 30 years and was considered an important figure.

All the males in the Forbidden City were otherwise eunuchs.

Not only were they court officials, they were also the imperial guards as it was discovered that after being castrated, the eunuchs grew larger bones, making them more intimidating.

Quan Yu got dressed and went to the main area where he would be going for his duty for the first time.

As he had been educated to become a scholar and even sat for the imperial exams, he was assigned to the Imperial Library

Not many eunuchs had his education, as many came from uneducated backgrounds before their family volunteered for him to serve the Imperial Family.

Thus, Quan Yu walked to the Imperial Library, to start his new life as an Imperial Librarian

As he walked by the large center area, the Imperial Guards were practicing martial arts, doing a coordinated form using a spear.

As he watched, he noticed a few of them, especially the leader, was producing fluctuations in the air. 

"What.. what is that?" Quan Yu wondered aloud. 

"That is chi. I'm surprised you could see it in its raw form. But then again, I'm not surprised since you absorbed my chi so easily" a voice suddenly said

"Huh?" Quan Yu thought as he looked and saw the old man that treated him suddenly standing next to him. 

"Greetings elder. Can you tell me more about chi?" Quan Yu said as he bowed and gave a two handed salute he remembered was common of this era. 

"Chi is the breathe of life. If one can harness one's chi, one can do miraculous things like heal, generate supernatural force, even control objects from afar" the old man said

"Amazing... where can I learn this... chi? Can you teach me?" Quan Yu asked

"You are already a Eunuch of the court. How can I teach you? Martial arts and chi is something a master trains to a student. They are normally kept secret. Besides, after you've... uh.. done that to yourself, you will only be able to harness Yin energy, and not Yang. You will not be balanced" the old man said

"So there is no hope?" Quan Yu asked

"I don't know about that. I myself am self thought by a sage who only knew healing chi. So I don't know any martial arts myself. But you are an Imperial Librarian, aren't you? I am sure the Imperial Library will have secrets that are more advanced than any sect, cult or martial school." the old man said

"Oh? I guess you are right. Thank you for pointing me to the right direction, elder. May I know your name?" Quan Yu asked

"I am just called Hei Mu" the old man said. 

Quan Yu saluted again and walked off. Now he had a goal to look for. 

Chi was something he knew off on Earth. But they were mostly fake and were only found in movies and stories. However, it seems that chi was real in this world. 

If so, that would be something that interested him. 

29